Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    not entirely sure how you go about getting the red version but i recall having some fishing parties in my garrison perhaps that would be more advisable for people who like to group up.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Wow. Definitely will do this later.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    not entirely sure how you go about getting the red version but i recall having some fishing parties in my garrison perhaps that would be more advisable for people who like to group up.
    Red version is far more convoluted

- catch 100 enormous fish of all the zone types (each zone has a specific one)
    - have max (Draenor? not sure how it works since the revamp) fishing skill
    - do a few quests before you can recruit Nat Pagle as a garrison
    - levelup the fishing shack until you can assign Nat to it

From there you can go two ways to get the 100 coins required for the mount
    - fish up 100 Lunkers in Draenor zones (~1% drop rate and they only stack up to a certain amount)
    - fish up the faction specific item in your garrison that summons a Murloc that has a chance to drop 1-2 coins on death

If you can get a good group going, it's faster to fish in the garrison. Extra bonus is you might also get the Riding Turtle mount. If you're alone, it's faster to just fish for Lunkers. But even getting Nat Pagle to be a vendor in Draenor takes a long time as it is.

if you dont have enough alts to do it just make a DH, get him out of the starting zone and thats it really, you need to wait for a day for him to activate his lfg dungeons queue thingy but thats all.

Didn't have enough alts so i made dk's waited for a day did the rep, deleted them, created new etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also fun to use commendations for the Sons of Hodir. Not recommended, since you start at 0/36000 hated, but I did it when commendations were first released and you could have plenty (can't even remember how).
    Basically, if you get to at least unfriendly with the Sons of Hodir through badges and then do their questline in Storm's Peak, you see your faction absolutely freaked out by these giants, who in turn just stay in place and mind their business.
    On the quest that sends you to wage war on them, they just stand still and wait patiently for you to turn the faction At War.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    I don't know how "popular" this information is, but I figured I could spread it a little bit more since... well, we really need those water walking bugs.
    The Timewalking Badges can be used to buy Anglers Commendations, those are account-wide items you can send to your main from your alt.
    A character gets 500 badges from doing the first timewalking of the week, and you need about 7000 badges to go from neutral to exalted.

I simply logged on to my 110 alts from legion spread around a few servers and did one timewalking in each of them, then sent all the commendations to my main.
    Got the Strider without ever doing a single daily, and since most MOP TW Dungeons take about 7 mins, in less than an hour.

Edit: Just to add a little more info here, you can greatly reduce the number of comendations needed by using them on a Human and buying the double-reputation item at the Anglers Quartermaster at Revered
    Thus is super useful for someone like me who despises everything about fishing in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    I set up the mage Tower in a few areas. That way, while I was waiting for queues, raids to fill, or whatever, I could go to the Garrison and head somewhere to try for Lunkers.

Got it. Managed to get all applicable reps to exalted on my hunter thanks yo the badges lol.

Don't forget to get the rep boost token at revered, i forgot that you got them then and was under the impression that it was a thing for alts once your main is exulted ( something they totally need to bring back IMO) so i had to do WAYYYYY more quests.

bump, so more ppl dont miss their bugs

This was exactly my plan. No Water Strider makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    I don't know how "popular" this information is, but I figured I could spread it a little bit more since... well, we really need those water walking bugs.
    The Timewalking Badges can be used to buy Anglers Commendations, those are account-wide items you can send to your main from your alt.
    A character gets 500 badges from doing the first timewalking of the week, and you need about 7000 badges to go from neutral to exalted.

I simply logged on to my 110 alts from legion spread around a few servers and did one timewalking in each of them, then sent all the commendations to my main.
    Got the Strider without ever doing a single daily, and since most MOP TW Dungeons take about 7 mins, in less than an hour.

Edit: Just to add a little more info here, you can greatly reduce the number of comendations needed by using them on a Human and buying the double-reputation item at the Anglers Quartermaster at Revered
    Thank you for this really useful info. I will use this thread to ask a question about reputation, in 8.1 all reps will be account wide? Because the only one I need to have all MOP ones at exalted is the Klaxxi one with my DK who is unfortunately forgotten at level 100. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Since TW doesn't happen often, try finding some fishing parties in lvl 3 garrisons it can be faster if you get caught in between waiting TW.
    That's the Crimson one, OP is talking about the Azure.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    i dont think you need 7000 because at revered you gain 2x more rep with the item you buy from the rep vendor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novotni View Post
    Thank you for this really useful info. I will use this thread to ask a question about reputation, in 8.1 all reps will be account wide? Because the only one I need to have all MOP ones at exalted is the Klaxxi one with my DK who is unfortunately forgotten at level 100. Thanks.
    No, they won't be account wide (they were considering doing something about Champions of Azeroth rep). However, progress toward the 100 exalted reps achievement will be account wide, you just need to log in to every character to count their exalted reps. Also they will be removing some xmog and tabard restrictions for exalted reps.

Hazelnutty (on Youtube) released this method of getting the mount a while ago.

Yep, already done this. In all I spent about 5 000 badges across two characters (remember, the commendations are BoA) to go from literally 0 rep, because fuck fishing, to Exalted. Remember to grab the Grand Commendation from Nat Pagle at Revered.

This can also net you some Cloud Serpent or 8.1 faction mounts if you haven't done them yet as well.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Not a bad tip at all. I got it back in MoP though and I'm savning my badges for whenever WoD timewalking comes, but still a good tip

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    My thought exactly xD this is so new
    Where is the rage?
    Where is the drama?

No, just useful information.
    I hate when there's no drama.

Thanks for the tip! I had plenty of badges across my alts to buy my way up from neutral to exalted. My alts will be greatly pleased for the water strider (#PathofFrost on main), esp since we are not flying yet.