Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I decided to not tank this expansion. It's super un-fun now, especially in raids. The insecure community doesn't want tanks being anything other than meat shields. If you do too much dmg due to taking too much, that's stepping on DPS toes. If you do too much healing because you're taking a lot of damage, that's stepping on the healer's toes now.

I mean you can basically see the writing on the wall:
    Unholy has Necrotic = PVP.
    Frost does more damage than Unholy = PVE
    Tanking isn't fun.
    We know they're going to buff Unholy soon.

So basically that means roll Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    because overall fuck you DK. only spec of DK that worths more than a shit at the current content is blood, and now they are nerfing it as well, and knowing blizzard they will just not balance it, they will smash it to bits with nerf hammer.
    and blood is only good in PvE (and some BGs if the player is good)

Also,last time they nerfed DK was early Legion,and during Nighthold,blood was so bad at tanking that you had to actually modify your tactics if you had just one blood DK,and they were an overall drag on your team,also,they did equal to lower damage than the healers.So yeah,I'm actually worried here

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    lol theres TEN (10)
    https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...class_filter=6

compare that to 2400+

DH = 31
    Druid = 140
    Hunter = 54
    Pally = 136
    Warrior = 84
    Rogue = 144
    Mage = 130
    Priest = 154
    Shaman = 144
    Monk = 55

The numbers dont lie. DK is 100% complete shit class. Anyone that is 2400 is an anomaly who is either literally the best DK in the world or getting carried so hard they are breaking backs.
    Not a single warlock? Wow..

OT: i agree with OP. Frost lacks a lot of survival / mitigation skills imo. But there are worse specs out there. I do find UH much more enjoyable both pvewise and pvpwise though.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    and blood is only good in PvE (and some BGs if the player is good)

Also,last time they nerfed DK was early Legion,and during Nighthold,blood was so bad at tanking that you had to actually modify your tactics if you had just one blood DK,and they were an overall drag on your team,also,they did equal to lower damage than the healers.So yeah,I'm actually worried here
    I remember on bosses that required taunt swap at certain damage stack my friend with probably near 10 lower ilvl could easily handle more stacks than I could even tho I had a lot of healing.

Deleted
    Frost is very bursty, it's nothing like unholy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    lol theres TEN (10)
    https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...class_filter=6

compare that to 2400+

DH = 31
    Druid = 140
    Hunter = 54
    Pally = 136
    Warrior = 84
    Rogue = 144
    Mage = 130
    Priest = 154
    Shaman = 144
    Monk = 55

The numbers dont lie. DK is 100% complete shit class. Anyone that is 2400 is an anomaly who is either literally the best DK in the world or getting carried so hard they are breaking backs.
    And you ignored warlock because................... wait because Warlock is in much worse state than your braindead meleeshit

They should bring back the presences and give them a different bonus. Blood giving dmg reduce+HP, frost DMG+RP, UH haste+move speed and -0.5sec GCD. Then increase the healing of Death strike and it should be somewhat fine. Also we need some kind of raid buff, Unholy Aura was a great thing and it should be back. Buffing the raid with 10% AP.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    I remember on bosses that required taunt swap at certain damage stack my friend with probably near 10 lower ilvl could easily handle more stacks than I could even tho I had a lot of healing.
    I remember being asked to be frost on Star augur because it was easier to let the bear solotank than have the two of us tank

In Legion and WoD, Frost was all about the burst, Unholy was about pressure dps and control.
    It seems that theses mechanics didn't changed that much in BfA so I'm not shocked that Unholy needs more survival than Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendarke View Post
    And you ignored warlock because................... wait because Warlock is in much worse state than your braindead meleeshit
    Eh, there are warlocks in Arena, more than DKs. This is only 2.4k+. Sure not as many as others, but that's how it always is.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I remember being asked to be frost on Star augur because it was easier to let the bear solotank than have the two of us tank
    Pretty much this. 95% of the time i'm just doing pve (bc i suck at pvp) but the biggest throwback from legion was losing the mirrorball trait. I wish one day we can get it back. That was our best survival tool.
    Last edited by mmocadb580cc03; 2018-10-14 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Not a single warlock? Wow..

OT: i agree with OP. Frost lacks a lot of survival / mitigation skills imo. But there are worse specs out there. I do find UH much more enjoyable both pvewise and pvpwise though.
    33 locks, his list wasn't complete.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    what surviviability buff? lichborne? that retarded piece of shit?
    Looking on the PTR in the last day or two Unholy and Frost got a 10 RP cost reduction on Death Strike (from 45 down to 35) and it now heals for 40% of recent damage up from 35%. Overall that would mean you get about 47% more healing per point of runic power spent.

Can't they just give Unholy and Frost Death Siphon back and make the heal based on AP instead of that dumb recent damage taken (which makes sense for Blood don't get me wrong, but not the DPS specs)?

You would think frost would be he fastest spec since they freeze the ground beneath them, I don't know about everyone else but I can move way faster on ice.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You would think frost would be he fastest spec since they freeze the ground beneath them, I don't know about everyone else but I can move way faster on ice.
    The most surprising thing about Frost is that almost none of the abilities snare or slow. The entire spec is built around Frost yet only Chains of Ice and Frostwyrm's Fury slow the target.