10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Actually its a very valid reason, with the new support heroes and amped reworks greatly increasing healing potential, its very important that your support plays the right hero and is on par. Ofc in the example there, the issue was having tanks act as melee creeps, but that's not new^^.

One of the mysteries I have in HOTS(and this goes specially for QM/low leagues) is the commitment to fighting at level 1 in the mid lane. I genuinely cannot understand why, if your team has no quests to do/is greatly outmatched at level 1, you would still send 5 ppl mid. You can get such a big exp lead by not playing how your opponents want you to, that it makes no sense to me. The other mystery is the obsession with getting a boss and then letting it go solo pushing a lane so it dies to a Raynor or something.
    I guess it because it used to be the meta.

The only time when my team goes 5 mid is if the opponents picked a stupid comp and we know we can get easy kills else its 1 3 1 for the exp soaking or 1 4 0 when I play aba.

I sit in the top lane so I am close enough to get exp and then sit on a minion in bot so I also soak there.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Actually its a very valid reason, with the new support heroes and amped reworks greatly increasing healing potential, its very important that your support plays the right hero and is on par. Ofc in the example there, the issue was having tanks act as melee creeps, but that's not new^^.
    Obviously that's true in general, however that was not the subject, I was talking about his particular match where it actually wasn't valid. Also what I said applies for all the other things in the game as well, nor did I claim there was something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    You cant out heal bad plays and stupidity!
    Actually when your team plays stupid against non-engagers (as you imply that they were poke-heavy by saying exactly that they had no engagers) your healing should skyrocket, especially as Morales. And you shouldn't be picking stims when you are "hounded by the enemy walking up to you". You just pop medivac and gtfo or in proper position to catch up with overextending teammates in this situation.

Healers are always there to cover up bad plays and stupidity, it's part of their job to clean up Genji's mess after E-ing into Uther, getting stunned and W removed and dropped down to 10%. You are there to care for this little baby so he can be 20/20/0 instead of 0/0/20

- - - Updated - - -

One of the mysteries I have in HOTS(and this goes specially for QM/low leagues) is the commitment to fighting at level 1 in the mid lane. I genuinely cannot understand why, if your team has no quests to do/is greatly outmatched at level 1, you would still send 5 ppl mid. You can get such a big exp lead by not playing how your opponents want you to, that it makes no sense to me. The other mystery is the obsession with getting a boss and then letting it go solo pushing a lane so it dies to a Raynor or something.
    If you don't commit to 5 man fight and, say, spread around instead - enemy (who committed) will just dump their siege spells into your building, or pick off your teammates in disadvantage, while you stay on other 1/2 lanes waiting for creeps to come over.

You always run in as 5, do a little brawl, hopefully force opponents to drink the well so it won't be available for objective (or even force one or two out of the game for 10 seconds and break through gate instead), then go back to lanes losing effectively 1 or 3 creeps worth of exp.

You always get bosses if you don't wan't it to march down your lane and force you to defend it. Splitting with it isn't bad, since, in your example, you remove raynor from the equitation for your next fight which is kinda impactful
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

A victory snatched from the jaws of defeat! we'd lost our first tier of towers and our 2nd wasnt doing very well when we suddenly started to push back with combined tactics and everyone miraculously working around the enemy teams rinse repeat strat.

The enemy team never adapted beyond their single technique and lost.

Deleted
    "Yes i had to afk 4 minutes but thats not why we lost"

It pretty much is sorry to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    My team : Butcher, Cassia, Jaina, Johanna and Morales.
    Their team : Abathur, Valeera, Xul, Zagara, and Alarak.

We lost Twin Tower 0-20 in less than 8 minutes.

Didn't realize smurfing was a thing in HOTS.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2018-10-23 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    My team : Butcher, Cassia, Jaina, Johanna and Morales.
    Their team : Abathur, Valeera, Xul, Zagara, and Alarak.

We lost Twin Tower 0-20 in less than 8 minutes.

Didn't realize smurfing was a thing in HOTS. Cause their Valeera/Abathur were
    playing waaaaaay too good for Gold 5. *sigh* Cheaters gonna cheat I guess...
    Was it team league? Because a lot of people boost their rank by having one person who's super low to bring down the average, making it way easier to win. It sucks, but there's not much any of us can do about it since there's no limitation to TL groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it was Team League. So in one night, won once, lost 7 in a row.

Back to Silver. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Was it team league? Because a lot of people boost their rank by having one person who's super low to bring down the average, making it way easier to win. It sucks, but there's not much any of us can do about it since there's no limitation to TL groups.
    Sounds like HotS should do the same than OW does: limit the difference in rank there can be between grouped people for competitive mode. Has this been established as a request to devs? If not then maybe we should.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Sounds like HotS should do the same than OW does: limit the difference in rank there can be between grouped people for competitive mode. Has this been established as a request to devs? If not then maybe we should.
    They used to have that limitation on TL, but it really messed up queue times. I have no idea how they view their options these days. Hopefully we'll get some ranked news next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, i'll probably drop out of diamond this season, none of my mains are favored and last ~15 games in TL were against really heavy setups (diablo/dekard/alarak/sylvanas/raynor for example), our old setups simply do not work against that. Started getting -3 for being misplaced last loss. Maybe it's time to jump on some meta bullshit hero and not have fun anymore.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Played some unranked for dailies and for the last game took Tyrande, it went to shitter because we let the enemy get a massive level lead but still got told "Protip: tyrande is not a solo healer". I just snorted as that may have been true before the rework but obviously not anymore. I tune in on HGC finals in the middle of a match and what do we have here, actual pro team using Tyrande as a solo healer...

Edit: Been watching a few days and she's picked a lot as solo support or banned. So much for that *protip*.
    Last edited by Twen; 2018-10-27 at 05:31 PM.

Lately i found Yrel in a chest and since i kind of enjoyed the play style i leveled her to rank 10...

The only downside is that almsot in every team there is malganis and i sleep for 50% of the game duration. You can even fall asleep during a leap mid air

Deleted
    "Where's the tank?! We lost bc of you!" said every 3 man assassin premade ever that gets caught by Alarak charge + q, yeah, right... On that note: Is there a rank where DPS stop cuddling? Most of the teamfights we lose is because our DPS cuddles and went to hell together because of that..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Menax View Post
    "Where's the tank?! We lost bc of you!" said every 3 man assassin premade ever that gets caught by Alarak charge + q, yeah, right... On that note: Is there a rank where DPS stop cuddling? Most of the teamfights we lose is because our DPS cuddles and went to hell together because of that..
    Most teamfights are either pre-decided by soaking/advantages or by good initiation and not by plays done during the teamfight. The tank is such a key position in hots due to the power of initiation/displacement/cc in this game(combined with the ability to steamroll based on early advantages) that you are heavily underestimating how right they can be.

I don't think in the last month I lost a single game due to dps cuddling. I don't think you lost many games due to dps cuddles either, most of the time the teamfight was already predecided. Feel free to upload any game and we can have a look, but if the enemy team has an Alarak and you lost, you actually lost a long time before(the hero is incredibly Feast/Famine and even games means famine).

Deleted
    Im a HotS newbie so i dont know what most of the heroes do.
    I pick champions because i like...how they look

And so far i've been unlucky and never picked a champion that does good damage.

That changed today when i decided to pick one of the champions from the free rotation.

I picked HANZO

And what in the actual fuck, he does insane auto attack damage. I kill tanks, i kill everyone by auto attacking
    I pick every talent that improves my auto attacks and im a beast.

Got MVP on both my FIRST and second game with him with the most damage done.

Fun times :=)
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-10-31 at 07:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I pick champions because i like...how they look
    I picked HANZO
    Ewwww...

And what in the actual fuck, he does insane auto attack damage. I kill tanks, i kill everyone by auto attacking
    I pick every talent that improves my auto attacks and im a beast.

Got MVP on both my FIRST and second game with him with the most damage done.

Fun times :=)
    That often happens in QM, since enemy can't really do anything about it on a pick phase (and MM really sucks at balancing teams out), so if you end up with enemy team that can't stack armour or put some blind on you - you are golden

That moment when you win a HL game 5 levels up as damage Johanna.

/bliss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Ewwww...

That often happens in QM, since enemy can't really do anything about it on a pick phase (and MM really sucks at balancing teams out), so if you end up with enemy team that can't stack armour or put some blind on you - you are golden
    Ahah yeah Hanzo is a sexy bastard.

QM is a russian roulette as i understand.
    When will Blizzard create "roles" to pick? Sometimes i get teams without a tank and is "gg"
    I think one time i got a team with 3 or 4 assassins

Deleted
    Sometimes i get teams without a tank and is "gg"
    No, it's not. Tankless HL groups have a WR around 47 or 48%. That means they are more likely to win than groups with

Hanzo
    the
    sexy bastard

Just saying.