Poll: Which one is the worst expansion

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Cataclysm was worse than either BfA or WoD. Of the two, I'd say that BfA is worse than WoD, but I enjoy both of them.
    beginning of Cata was probably 50x better than BFA will ever be

Cata had problems because they spent so much time on rebuilding old world, so updates were poor(considering they listened to all the idiots who were crying about early Cata being too hard and ruined it pretty fast as well)

Class design was MUCH better in cata than now(or in WoD and Legion) and its not even close

7+ Year Old Account
    Both are absolutely terrible, but in different ways. WoD was doomed because it was filled with profoundly stupid ideas that would likely never work. Things like Alternate Past Draenor, Garrisons and Ashran would literally never work so when they were announced I immediately checked out to the expansion. BfA on the other hand, does have a lot of good ideas between Allied Races, Island Expeditions, and while I'm not a fan of Horde versus Alliance conflict it's a very easy theme to capitalize on. The issue is that basically everything BfA does is extremely poorly implemented. Allied races are tied to extremely boring and repetitive reputation grinds and frankly have a lot of graphical bugs (Nightborne in particular stand out for being especially poorly made), Island Expeditions are grindy, repetitive and offer barely any rewards and the story is frankly terrible with numerous people in the lore sphere losing interest in WoW (and these are people that like WoW's previous lore, the bar isn't high at all).

In the end which is worse coming up with stupid ideas and then basically putting the expansion on maintenance mode while you attempt to solve them in the only way possible or being so incredibly incompetent that you somehow are managing to fail to tell a story you've already told before. Personally, I think that BfA is worse as not only are there more mistakes, most of which they've already made earlier, and unlike WoD they don't seem to see it as the trainwreck it is. WoD permanently damaged the Warcraft IP in a remarkable way, but BfA has made me believe that WoW will likely never be good again.

Deleted
    the expansions have been getting worse not better. sO In my eyes IF I HAVE TO PICK wod is better than bfa. And im judging this based on the systems. In terms of amount of content obisously legion had more but whats a lot of content if the systems are bad? so ye. In other words theyre all shit

Deleted
    I know you're a sucker for drama Theramore, but BfA has only been out for two months.

Go outside, take a break, enjoy life or something.

Warlords of Draenor had good music outside the normal, such as raids.

Yeah, that was it.

BfA is better by a miiiiiiiiiile.

Quote Originally Posted by bulutooth23 View Post
    I still think this expansion can be saved throguh storyline we were promised. Horde vs Alliance stuff.
    So far its same old god things all over again. The weird part is alliance story has nothing on uldir yet they are forced to complete the raid for some reason. this needs fixin.
    How can it be saved by a plot that can never be resolved? How can you write a good story there? Have you seen the PTR? The narrative is absolutely fucked because they chose a story that can never be good in a game like WoW.

I don't even like levelling through wod its horrible. BfA only sucks once you get to max level and realise your just playing a glorified loot box simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    WoD at least had Ashran and the best leveling experience in the game to date.
    True, that 1 hour from 90 to 99 was nice. So we could skip those awfully boring zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Pretty unfair comparison, WoD failed at absolutely everything except PvP. While BfA fucked everything WoD did and beyond.
    There you go, fixed that typo for you.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I would wait to ask until the expansion is over and all content is out. I have no idea if the patch content will be better or worse than Warlords. Guessing better though. Pretty hard to be worse than Warlords patches.

Too soon to know.
    I myself can never understand the need by people to judge an xpac so soon either.. It should be at the end of the xpac when everything is released and the xpac is over then folks can judge..

BFA at least has potential. It can be made into an okay expansion, if Blizzard doesn't abandon it.

WoD, meanwhile, was doomed from the start. Time-travel is narrative poison that kills anything that wasn't written explicitly for it from the get-go. It's not something you can just push into any story and have work. Along with that, the dev team basically threw WoD under the bus when they realized they screwed up, focusing on preparing Legion instead of finishing WoD, leading to a bunch of dropped story threads and cancelled content. Remember Pale Orcs? That could've been interesting stuff. Instead it was literally nothing. Forgotten.

And on the topic of lost raids... having missed out on an entire raid tier due to the improvement of old player races just means that WoD was a lesser expansion by default. There was just less OF it.

So... BFA is better. For now. Until Blizzard decides the negative feedback is too much and they just abandon the expansion to try and rush out the next planned one.
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2018-10-17 at 09:00 AM.

WoD had one redeeming factor no one ever wants to talk about. You got thousands of gold everyday for logging in with treasure finder table missions in a time when WoW token was 15k gold. I was buying 3-4 a month! The game was free! It even paid for my sub 2/3 of the way through Legion!

BfA in contrast sucks about as much, but pays about 100g a table mission in a time when WoW token is like 110,000 gold. I miss when the sub could be paid just from playing casually.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I myself can never understand the need by people to judge an xpac so soon either.. It should be at the end of the xpac when everything is released and the xpac is over then folks can judge..
    If Blizzard wants people to be constantly paying for the expansion, as it is, right now... then they need to be prepared for people to judge the expansion, as it is, right now.

You don't go to a restaurant and go "Well the meal was a literal pile of warm poop, but the desert was delicious so it was a pretty good experience overall."

In WoW's case, you should judge it not by expansion, but by patch. Patch 7.3 was fantastic. But Patch 7.2 (outside of the raid itself) was some of the worst content ever added to the game.

And by that token, 8.0 just isn't very good. It's pretty bad, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    What a gross exxageration. WoD's last patch was rushed and some story skipped over, but up until that point it was fine. It's not worse than Cataclysm. It's about the same.
    The very basis of WoD story (alternate universe shit) is already enough to make it the single worst story in the entire Warcraft franchise. That they didn't even do anything with it only bury the coffin deeper.
    So no, WoD story was never "fine".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Which of the two is the worst? As much as I hate Azerite I’m going to say WOD.

WOD (Where’s our Devs) had zero content and no story in it.
    BFA (Blizzard f*cks Azeroth) is the grind expansion where your content is basically a time metric to appeal to the business people so the charts look good and Blizz keeps their money flowing as you waste time and time slogging through molasses that is the Azerite and rep grinds and boring rng Warfronts.
    Thought the question which one is better so voted BFA, haha.

BFA is better because there are actually things to do at max level. Granted Mythic+ is a feature introduced in Legion but it's there.
    As a little comparison:

Zones and Questing: Tie, maybe slightly in favor of WoD, some zones were really really cool.
    Dungeons: BFA, like I said Mythic+ makes all the difference
    Raids: Too early for BFA to tell, but the first "tier" was probably better in WoD
    PVP: Haven't done much PVP in WoD so I'm not sure, War Mode vs Ashran
    Max Level content outside of PVP, Raids, Dungeons: Well WoD only had garrison and that's it so it's a loser to all expansions.

Honestly, I have a tough time to decide. WoD was at its best at this point, before the disappointing patches crushed it. BfA likely won't have that same problem, so eventually it's sure to be better, but right now, at this first stage? Pretty much equal. Maybe a small lead in WoD's favour.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    BFA is Legion PvE and PvP gone bad
    BFA is MoPs story crapped up, thrown in a dumpster and set on fire.
    So what are you going to do when Sylvanas dies? Are you finally going to quit?

The fact you are even asking this showcases just how delusional and out of touch you are.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Worst to best (for me):
    1. WoD
    2. MoP (no not because Panda's, I like those)
    3. Cata
    4. TBC
    5. WOTLK
    6. Vanilla

I haven't played BFA. But it shows that I made a correct assumption in not buying it when I view these boards and talk with friends who have bought it.
    If I would go with that information, BFA would be below WoD and above MoP in my ranking.

Issue with BFA:
    Execution of ideas and content (game is still at the beginning and can be fixed)

Issue with WoD:
    Nothing to execute since there were no good ideas and content to begin with (already passed, they gave up half way through)

If you consider WoD to be better, then I hope you will never develop anything in your life.