Poll: Which one is the worst expansion

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Opinion. BFA failed so hard at class design that nothing is fun...
    Opinion. Plus the class design currently is a product of the horrible "class fantasy" changes Legion did. I find it to be superior but still have a long ways to go to fix what Legion caused.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Pancreatin View Post
    Isnt every expansion best expanson for you little knight
    Tbh, that goes both ways. Every expansion, you have threads like this one. Some more, some less. There are obviously valid criticisms, but the whole 'this expansion is the worst ever' is pretty common on these forums. It is pretty foolish to try to make such comparisons anyway, since people usually just compare their grievances. Past grievances always appear less important than current ones, that is just how it is. Today, lots of people aren't as mad about the initial AP grind in Legion as they were back then. But they are madder still about the Azerite grind. Past stuff is just less important to us, so we don't focus as much on the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Opinion. Plus the class design currently is a product of the horrible "class fantasy" changes Legion did. I find it to be superior but still have a long ways to go to fix what Legion caused.
    WoD had better class design than legion. BFA just provided the finishing blow by pruning Legion class design.

I do know people that liked Legion class design better than WoD. But how many people you know that like BFA class design over Legion OR WoD? I can count them on one hand honestly.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords would have been ok if they gave us more content.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    It wasn't. TBC was horrible. I cannot bear to experience any of it again. That's one of the greatest things from BfA because the new level scaling (that I originally hated the idea of) lets you completely ignore TBC.

Cataclysm was the only expansion where I didn't even do all the dungeons. Once I hit max level on my main, I quit. To this day, I still hate that entire expansion with a passion. It destroyed the best parts of the world too.
    Cata I can understand, but your opinion of TBC I simply can't wrap my brain around. I'll never understand anyone calling WoD a good expansion, unless all you want to do is log in and raid. The rest of it was basically horrible or non-existent.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD is better because:

No GCD.
    Blackrock Foundry will go down as one of the best raids, ever.
    Garrisons were pretty neat at first, until the shipyard update.
    Challenge Mode Dungeons > Mythic+ spam.
    I still recognized my class.
    Not as many gimmicks like welfare legendaries, artifacts, or Azerite. Only the stupid ring.
    Questing through the zones was a phenomenal experience.
    The game still had Master Loot.
    I made a FUCK ton of money via my garrison and selling Challenge Mode runs.

Where is BC option?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

If WoD had the same budget as BFA it would have more content. Prove me wrong!

Yeah, let's compare an expansion that lasted for 2 years with an expansion that's been out for 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Yeah, let's compare an expansion that lasted for 2 years with an expansion that's been out for 2 months.
    People hated them both pretty equally two months in.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is beyond me how people can vote for BfA. M+ alone should be reason enough to be miles ahead of the monstrosity that was WoD.
    I remember spending DAYS looking for groups for that freaking Blackrock Furnace because raiding was the only way to get some decent gear. My schedule couldn't fit with a guild of serious raiders so I was stuck to pugging, and that was it, one could only raid.

It was during WoD that I got my Veteran of the Alliance title, and I hate pvp in WoW. I was so desperate to like that expansion that I started pvping. For me, this was so wrong on maaany levels, I hated every second of it, and all my attempts at going back to RBGs have been for naught as I was sick of it.

Whatever they do with BfA from here on, WoD will always suck more for me.

BfA actually has shit to do, and as bad as the faction war story is specifically (and it really is just bad) at least the overall writing is far less awful than WoD's time traveling Orcs nonsense.

Also 8.1 alone is almost as big a patch as 6.2 was (we don't talk about 6.1) so BfA's patch content might help it crawl out of the muck to a greater or lesser degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I dont know. I hate both the same. WoD didn't have PvP or out-world content. BfA doesn't have world content or PvE (no, it doesn't). Since this is a choose one and I'm mostly a heroic raider, I'm going to say BfA.
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

It basically comes down to: Do you like having very little to do, but it's good or you have a lot to do and it's boring/bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people ask these dumb questions???????

This is a really, really, unfair comparison... Please, let's be objective.

We're comparing a WHOLE expansion relative to an expansion in which the first major patch (X.1) hasn't even been released.

Hater, much?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaP View Post
    Why do people ask these dumb questions???????
    Wondering the same exact thing...
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    BfA actually has shit to do, and as bad as the faction war story is specifically (and it really is just bad) at least the overall writing is far less awful than WoD's time traveling Orcs nonsense.

Also 8.1 alone is almost as big a patch as 6.2 was (we don't talk about 6.1) so BfA's patch content might help it crawl out of the muck to a greater or lesser degree.
    I feel like the biggest problem with BfA for me at least, is that the theme does not resonate well with me. I cant get hyped for a faction war, that is just me though. The story might turn out to be amazing, but because im not fond of the theme, I won't fully like it.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

WoD by far. I've said it a few times by now, and I imagine i'll say it a few more, but WoD was objectively worse on the content front. BFA's systems might be bad, but at least there are systems. WoD had enough cut content to make a new expansion.

First this poll is confusing, try making it where people see the question in the poll.

Second BFA is so much better it's hilarious that you would even compare it to WoD. There are only 2 true drawbacks to BfA. Class design and azerite armor.

BfA actually has good content to work through. WoD even at the end of it still had less content than current BfA. And WoD was still a mess for class design.

I am going to say it is still too early to tell, at least for me. WOD story was just awful but it did have some of the better looking tier sets along with some cool looking weapons/mogs to come out of it.

So far IMO again, the armor for raids in BfA is awful looking, and most of the weapons look like poo as well. The story is also awful so far. I keep holding out that we are going to get some redeeming cool twist. If you held a gun to my head and said pick one I would say BFA at this point, but there is still a chance that could change.

The only content that would put BFA ahead of WOD would be mythic+. Warfront and island expeditions are meh so far.

I look at it like this. I go to see a movie and so far the 1st hour of the movie is just awful but the last part of the movie is a slam dunk. This could end up being BFA.

I play predominately Horde and so far, it sucks to be Horde. Next patch my chars get to be traitors. Story for me, is very important. While I admit, WOD story was awful, BFA is looking just as bad if not worse.
    Last edited by Gen4Glock21; 2018-10-17 at 05:17 PM.