Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    How about people simply not liking once side. There’s no fix for that.
    Personally I can’t stand the Alliance, and no matter how OP blizz will make them, I’d never switch over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    it is. 14 years. warmode and sharding is their best attempt. you can still create a horde toon on a "full" server with 65/35% horde side.
    It's their worst attempt, the imbalance was never this bad because if you were on a PvP server you had no choice to turn PvP off. So while there was imbalance, the underdog still had numbers.

More so if it was too bad you could server swap, something you can't do now because it makes no difference.

Not sure what you mean about servers, as stuff you do out in the world now isn't server based.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    no. you had emfh for years when humans got a third trinket.
    Yes and then you had tons of alliance teams in high ratings. My point exactly. High end players always flock to the most powerful specs and racials. If you want to restore balance, you need to give incentiv for horde high end players to faction change.

I am not sure it would be enough though as Alliance is lorewise pretty weak atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Does it have to be spelled out a little more clear to you? World PVP is Alliance versus Horde period. There is no changing that for reasons that should be super obvious.
    Yes please, spell them up to me. Other MMOs manage just fine without factions and the plot of wc3 was an end to the faction war.

Unless your idea of "world pvp" is an unbalanced shitfest where the odds are against on your side/against you

Deleted
    There is nothing they can do else than giving the alliance a massive advantage in PvE, the herd always follow the strong. And by making alliance really strong, forcing top guilds to swap for an expansion or two, you might persuade enough normal players to migrate to the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    It's not, we all are lumped up together. But people speculate that people aren't spread evenly across all shards. Let's say, each shard contains up to 30 ppl per faction, and there's 160 allies and 180 hordies in the entire pool. So we have 5 shards that are 30vs30, but the last shard is 10vs30. And so far, from what we've seen it's a plausible scenario.

But if they actually spread people evenly, and in our hypothetical scenario there's ~27 allies vs 30 hordies in each shard, it just means that allies actively avoid pvping while having wm on, so they're leeching and make life harder for Ally pvpers. Which is a much worse scenario, if you ask me, you can't make people who don't want to pvp to pvp.
    I don't think Alliance as a whole avoids PvP or anything, but you can definitely make people who don't PvP, PvP. It's not a hard and fast rule; there are some people who will avoid PvP at all costs, but if you make the risk worth the reward, many people will do it.

As it is now, running around with Warmode on is only fun if you really want to fight other players; the +10% resources is useless at maximum level and the +10% experience up to that point rarely makes up for the time lost fighting. It really needs some adjustments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Since there was a blue post that deatiled exactly how it worked, i am quite sure.

Everyone in non-RP servers, for the entire region, is in the same War Mode pool. RP servers get their own pool.

Same for BGs. There havent been "battlegroups" since.. WoD or maybe even Mists. Its region-wide.

The server you are on is irrelevant (population balance wise). Population balance only matters at the region level, where it is close enough for it to not be a serious issue.
    That's great and all, I don't really scrounge the official forums for blue posts on topics like these.

Honestly I haven't quite ran into some of the worse imbalance situations myself, but I've frequently been in situations where Horde outnumbered Alliance, just not to the extent that I can't do anything but get camped.

None the less, War Mode is only fun for me when I want to PvP; the rewards are not compelling enough for me to just keep it on 24/7. I'm sure I'm not alone on that. Where as, as Horde, you can safely keep it on because there's typically less of a risk. It's just an odd situation that could, in theory, be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    How do you expect Blizzard to fix this? Force players to be in a faction that is not of their choosing? That's really always been the problem with faction imbalance. What do you do when the majority of players want to be on one faction?

I'm not contradicting you but it's hard to see how Blizzard creates a balance out of thin air. In fact I think it was mentioned sometime this week that faction balance is the primary driver for warmode sharding. But you still are going to run into the problem when the imbalance is 65-35 or more.
    It was sharding as he updated later.

But how to fix it. ( because there are way more horde players).

- make the alliance cool. Right now they get a lot of crap. Crap horse mounts, crap allied races, do not win once. Lose a lot etc.
    - and racial imbalance. So creating a solution out of thin air is weird. Since this faction imbalance has been here expansions long. 8 out of 10 raid guilds are horde. This has been for a long time because of racials. We have given feedback on this for years. But they never fixxed it. So now you have this problem.

There's not that much faction imbalance on my server. At least there isn't when I turn off Warmode. With warmode off there are people always around and it's odd cause I was on a PVP server before all this warmode crap. I'm guessing the AVENGEVARIAN big boy talk back in Legion kinda died off, huh?

so let me get this straight. Alliance are all wimps and refuse to turn on War Mode because they are bad at PvP and get camped and you want Blizzard to fix this. Maybe you should be spamming /1 and trying to get your fellow Alliance people to have some damn Realm Pride and leave their safespaces long enough to kill some Horde.

when one plays, as everything becomes more messy idk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    so let me get this straight. Alliance are all wimps and refuse to turn on War Mode because they are bad at PvP and get camped and you want Blizzard to fix this. Maybe you should be spamming /1 and trying to get your fellow Alliance people to have some damn Realm Pride and leave their safespaces long enough to kill some Horde.
    If you read the post you would know I'm horde with an alliance alt. This isn't just about alliance but also how as horde, there is no one to fight, kinda ruining the point of warmode.

It has nothing to do with skill, it's about sheer imbalance, it's easy to say "alliance are wimps" when you're the faction sitting on the numbers. It's tilted so far one way now, that it's just a shit show if alliance turn it on. Why turn it on to be 40 vs 1 just to do a world quest.

Deleted
    Take out the bonus talents and 10%AP and you're left with barely anyone turning it on. If those bonuses ain't making people turn it on, nothing will.
    My hope is that they will never increase those bonuses tho, it's bad enough that they exist, but if they turn it to 50% it's just gonna make a lot of people that would never want to have warmode on enable it just for that.

there are a lot of problems with war mode and blizzard clearly never intended it to be something we actually use. there are a couple big reasons to believe this

first is there's no actual incentive to turn on war mode. 10% extra ap means literally nothing. 10% extra gold from the miniscule amount of gold you actually get from bfa wq's is also nothing. the only reason to turn on war mode is love of world pvp but world pvp also isn't any fun and there are no rewards from participating in it

but war mode was never intended to be played with. it was just there to pretend that world pvp was coming back so people would get hyped and pre-order.

they made a big noise about how it was bringing world pvp back but it was actually designed to do the opposite. now what was actually happening with war mode was this:

1. all pvp servers were changed to pve servers
    2. the pvp tagged players are no longer in the same world as the pve tagged players, so there is even less chance of world pvp unfolding
    3. world pvp can only be opted into in the old world faction capital, a zone that isnt even really part of the expansion.

okay look at those 3 above things and tell me blizzard was trying to encourage world pvp in bfa. they were literally trying to kill it. and they succeeded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    The only way they can restore balance imo is to give one seriously OP racial for alliance and leave it broken OP instead of nerfing it (se Fire Blood fro DID or EMFH).
    So basically, you're saying that in order to be balanced, the game has to be unbalanced? How are you even getting this fit in your head?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

As I understand it the horde somewhat outnumbered the alliance, which got enough alliance frustrated to turn off warmode, which of course created a vicious cycle.

I'm a rogue, IDGAF. Good luck finding me!

They could try what they did with BGs with "mercenaries" but I'm not sure how that'd work. Would you just be doing alliance wqs as horde for horde rep?

Or maybe "mercenaries" being people in basically a third faction that's attackable by either alliance or horde?

I dunno, it's complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    They should implement sopmething similar to Winterspring; if there are 5 enemmy faction members in combat with you and you're all alone, you get a buff to increase your health, damage and healing. Obviously tune it for ratios of participants.
    I remember wintergrasp. I stunlocked them and they died quickly anyway.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-10-18 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    What I'm seeing more often than not now is horde camping Tortollan quest points, knowing alliance players will be out individually to complete them. Also, horde love to camp the Tortollan hub area in Stormsong Valley when the emmissary quest is up. I'm not talking 3-4 horde picking on some poor alliance guy, I'm talking 20-30 horde killing alliance players as they come off the flight path. the Tortollan guards desperately need a buff.

I don't know what the answer is to help fix this, but warmode is really only a horde activity now as I'm seeing fewer alliance players with warmode on every day. If you only have an hour or two to play each day, the last thing you want is to waste 20 minutes of that being camped.

Also the battlegrounds are getting worse, in previous expansions Alliance always sucked but steadily got better as the expansion wore on, but in bfa I see the alliance actually getting worse every week. The alliance always get the bonus honor buff and my queue times as an alliance player is always less than 1 minute. Horde players tell me they have around a 10 minute wait. Any typically, I'll be backfilled into a bg that is another lopsided horde win with no hope of changing the result.

Alliance needs help, I just don't know how.
    Well,when you get killed you group up and fight back. It's way more effective than going afk and going on the forums to whine about being ganked while you have WM on. I was ganked by the Horde in Tortollan area by a bunch of tryhards - later on - we,the guys who were ganked,grouped up and started to gank the Horde and up until getting the "Horde Slayer" title.

If we talk about the battlegrounds,here's the sad part - a good bunch of skilled Alliance players start to question why the heck are they usually playing in the faction,where nobody actually cares about the win in the bg? Where when somebody takes initiative to lead it,90% of players ignore it and rush and die in the middle,and then start to shout about how bad his team is and rage quitting. And so, people who want to win are either changing their faction to the Horde or simply stop running the battlegrounds/switching WM off.
    Last edited by Felixon; 2018-10-18 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Why bother mentioning it when there's literally zero way of dealing with it?
    a) implement a mega server technology, with how sharding works there are no reason they cannot do it aside not being able to sell server transfer to a premium cost.
    b) implement a mercenary system so horde people would be able to fight horde players for rewards.

There are way to deal with this, only blizzards doesn't address the issue because then people wouldn't pay for server transfers and faction changes.