Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    The big mistake people like you make is that the ancient Kaldorei empire is only associated with the current night elves which is pretty short sighted.
    It's to the same degree the history of the night born, the high-, blood-, void- and elves as well, the only difference the darnassian elves make is that some are old enough to know that time.
    I was researching on Kal'dorei race as a whole starting from their Dark Troll origins, to the rune stones they found near the banks of the well and the voices they hear as they thought of was Elune's.

I know the sub-division of the Elven (Kal'dorei) diaspora and even their WoW equivalent race or culture is definitively called Kal'dorei or Children of the Stars.

The exact difference between the major divergence is the additional affinity to nature and Elunian worship while the Highborne branch mostly dedicated their lives to the study of arcane and the well.

I have made a post here about Azshara extensively during Legion and 7.3.5 patch and have speculated the connectiom of Azshara's transformed Dark Troll lineage with the Empire of Zul of the Zandalari.

If you believe that only Darnassian is the only sub-race of Elves old enough to comprehend, then why not research more about Elisande and Azshara. For sure they are much older than the two Darnassian racial leaders and I never fail to address them as such every time I make a Kal'dorei related topic.

If you believe the Darnassian culture is the cast majority of the Zin"Azshari empire,you need to gather more details.

Tell me how the Blood Elves have anything to do with Val'Shara when they see the Darnassian as tree hugging hippies sleeping in dens and what part do they play in such quest line. Add to that the Elunian worship or any reverence to Ysera?

I am not informed lesser than your deliberation as I have intensively included the Zulian Empire's lore and history under my repertoire. Add to that, I have used all my free time to also extensively include WoW lore and history predating back to the origin of the Great Dark Beyond and the Titans.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-10-16 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I agree that it's not well written - I just don't think this is being done pointedly, it is more accidental and likely a product of the story they want to tell in future content of BfA. I think Tyrande, in her person as the Night Warrior, should've been shown as ferocious and unforgiving. Killing Forsaken (as opposed to sparing them), tearing through the Forsaken front, and perhaps even injuring Nathanos and forcing him to flee (as opposed to the appearance of being defeated by him). I agree it should've been a clearer win for the two most important Night Elves in the micro sense.
    When it comes to Tyrande ending up looking weak, I too believe it wasn't on purpose . It does feel like everything we've seen so far when it comes to this new development for night elves has been "partially sacrificed" storywise in terms of quality, in order to make it possible for some future development to look more credible.

There's multiple possible outcomes as to what that might be, starting from undead night elves being part of the living Kaldorei society or further integrating into the Forsaken society. There's just too much to list everything. The parallels between Sylvanas and Delaryn, coupled with the similarities between Sylvanas and Arthas, are the key depictions we've gotten to see here in my opinion (with the possibly biggest weight for what might happen in the future), but we'll have to wait to see what it will lead to.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-10-17 at 09:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Wall of text
    Wow! All that knowledge and you still managed to make a fool out of you? That's quite impressive.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    When it comes to Tyrande ending up looking weak, I too believe it wasn't on purpose . It does feel like everything we've seen so far when it comes to this new development for night elves has been "partially sacrificed" storywise in terms of quality, in order to make it possible for some future development to look more credible.

There's multiple possible outcomes as to what that might be, starting from undead night elves being part of the living Kaldorei society or further integrating into the Forsaken society. There's just too much to list everything. The parallels between Sylvanas and Delaryn, coupled with the similarities between Sylvanas and Arthas, are the key depictions we've gotten to see here in my opinion (with the possibly biggest weight for what might happen in the future), but we'll have to wait to see what it will lead to.
    I think their weakness is kicking in. With their immortality gone, the tears of Elune being used for corruption, the loss of Ysera, the contamination of Emerald Dream into Nightmare, the compounded events will eventually drain their power level. We also retire the artifact weapon and they have expended their energy against the Legion which honestly is a no regular feat.

So far Elune now is becoming more active in dealing with her Night Elves, who know what interaction would it be or when and how.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Wow! All that knowledge and you still managed to make a fool out of you? That's quite impressive.
    It's because of your simpleton antics as simple as differentiating Darnassian (cultural not language) is hard for you to discern. Or you haven't read a 100+ pages of novel that having several paragraph of text is already monumental for you to scale with your "wall of text" incompetence?

Before mentoring me about enumerative differentiation of all the sub-Elven phenology, kindly familiarize your words with jargons related to all of them so you won't appear clueless when Darnassian is brought up; learn their definitive lifestyle, their culture and religion, their architectural designs so it would be easy for you to pin point which is which.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-10-17 at 05:20 PM.

Black Rook Hold is Night Elven. Valsharah is the homelands of Darnassian Kal'dorei. Temple of Elune is very much synonymous to Night Elves. If my analysis doesn't fail me, more than 50% of the Broken Isle sub-continent is attributed to the Nigh Elves alone thus an Alliance aligned race.
    I think what you struggle with is understanding that all the elves were night elves before the sundering, so you then attribute all that lore to just night elves. When that is not the case as from their their races split off into highborne, high elves, nightborne, naga and night elves as we know them as the player race. That is something you need to understand, and something you seem to be grossly misinformed about.

Going to have to say something as a Forsaken fan right now.

Fuck this scenario. Fuck these emo Dark Rangers. Fuck Sira. I never asked for these edgy whiny pieces of garbage. I don't fucking want them. My bro Belmont got reduced to a shallow caricature, and frozen in place for who knows how long, so we could have these miserable losers? These treasonous, whiny, backstabbing morons? Have they no pride? Have they no ambition? Are they nothing more but crabs in a bucket trying to drag everyone else down with them because they died in a fucking war, and their commander wasn't quick enough for them?

What, mommy wasn't fast enough with the bottle? Tough shit.

Get the fuck out of my Forsaken.

I'd trade all of these Dark Rangers for proper Belmont time. For Darnell to come back with all his charm. Ugh. I hope Undead Night Elves aren't a new allied race. Vampires could have worked, since they actually seemed to enjoy themselves and have some self-respect, but these Night Elves...

Ugh. Get them out of my face.

They are trash.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-10-17 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Going to have to say something as a Forsaken fan right now.

Fuck this scenario. Fuck these emo Dark Rangers. Fuck Sira. I never asked for these edgy whiny pieces of garbage. I don't fucking want them. My bro Belmont got reduced to a shallow caricature, and frozen in place for who knows how long, so we could have these miserable losers? These treasonous, whiny, backstabbing morons? Have they no pride? Have they no ambition? Are they nothing more but crabs in a bucket trying to drag everyone else down with them because they died in a fucking war, and their commander wasn't quick enough for them?

What, mommy wasn't fast enough with the bottle? Tough shit.

Get the fuck out of my Forsaken.
    You just described your whole race lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    You just described your whole race lol.
    Nah. Belmont's not a bitter piece of shit. Neither is Helcular. Neither was Darnell. Neither were a number of NPCs I don't recall the names of. They weren't bitter.

Belmont has lines about how he feels more alive than he ever did in life. A bunch of Forsaken actually enjoy themselves. Have hope, ambition, and a certain zest for their condition. They have pride.

Nah. Belmont's not a bitter piece of shit. Neither is Helcular. Neither was Darnell. Neither were a number of NPCs I don't recall the names of. They weren't bitter.

Belmont has lines about how he feels more alive than he ever did in life. A bunch of Forsaken actually enjoy themselves. Have hope, ambition, and a certain zest for their condition. They have pride.
    notice how sylvanas wasnt named, cause your faction leader is a bitter pos that just wants to turn the world in forsaken cause daddy arthas didnt love her enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    notice how sylvanas wasnt named, cause your faction leader is a bitter pos that just wants to turn the world in forsaken cause daddy arthas didnt love her enough.
    Yes, I left her out quite deliberately. Turns out that the popular saying "The only good Elf is a dead Elf" is just plain wrong. It's almost like the prettier an undead is, the more a bitter sack of shit they are about it.

Blizzard has decided to hit the entire race with the emo lolevil bat and I think it's a crying shame as well. The Forsaken have more story potential than any other race IMO, there are hundreds of ways an individual could deal with their condition and shift character or allegiance accordingly. But they are all reduced to, as you say, bitter and whiny sacks of shit universally worshiping the dirt Sylvanas walks on. It makes them so fucking boring.

At least Lillian Voss is kind of a silver lining during the War Campaign, even if Blizzard had to 180 her character so that she has no problem serving the literal Lich Queen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    At least Lillian Voss is kind of a silver lining during the War Campaign, even if Blizzard had to 180 her character so that she has no problem serving the literal Lich Queen now.
    Well, she still plays into the miserable sadsack aspects, but at least she's trying to make the most of it. I hope she gets a chance to stand properly tall and proud one of these days. Maybe we'll get a revolution and get some properly proud and patriotic Forsaken in charge one of these days.

People are still whining about Voss? She just returned to the only people she has left that's all.

BFA Voss is an objective improvement over Cata Voss though even Cata Voss was helping out Sylvanas knowingly or otherwise in EPL, it's not like it's a very radical turn.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    BFA Voss is an objective improvement over Cata Voss though even Cata Voss was helping out Sylvanas knowingly or otherwise in EPL, it's not like it's a very radical turn.
    Yeah, someone who hates necromancers and tries to kill them on sight serving the lady who raised an entire army of mindless undead is not a radical turn indeed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    I think what you struggle with is understanding that all the elves were night elves before the sundering, so you then attribute all that lore to just night elves. When that is not the case as from their their races split off into highborne, high elves, nightborne, naga and night elves as we know them as the player race. That is something you need to understand, and something you seem to be grossly misinformed about.
    Nope just two separated caste: The Night Elves (Darnassian in modern Azeroth) and Highborne (which the remaining other sub-Elven majority belongs to- Nightborne,Nagas, Satyrs, Banshees, High Elves and Blood Elves).

Darnassian NE shows reverence on nature apart from Elune, the reason why exclusively they have druids.
    Night Elves or Kal'dorei retained their title and the upper echelon class called highborne adapted their specific Elven racial titles. Shal'dorei,Ren'dorei,Quel'dorei,Sin'dorei,Nazjatari/Azsharan.
    Post Great Sundering the title of Kal'dorei was taken exclusively by Malfurion and Tyrande's NE faction. They made the other Highborne who were part of the Sunstrider dynasty as outcasts when they try to make a home in Kalimdor so they were forced into exile and built their homelands in NEK.

Some of the Highborne resistance joined forces with Malfurion and Tyrande thus Moon Guard is part of their current society.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-10-18 at 08:28 AM.

Nope just two separated caste: The Night Elves (Darnassian in modern Azeroth) and Highborne (which the remaining other sub-Elven majority belongs to- Nightborne,Nagas, Satyrs, Banshees, High Elves and Blood Elves).
    Again, all elves were night elves before the sundering, highborne was just essentially the upper class but they were still night elves. Everyone in Suramar was not highborne, there were lower class people there as well, not to mention Tyrande was even born in that city. This is the issue, that you don't seem to understand. So you should actually learn about night elf lore before talking about it.

So this means that Malfurion is as strong as a warfront boss now?

I wonder if we will have Shandris vs Delaryn

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    rotfl. litterally the first 10 missions are about this
    i think things had change. some new forsaken experience free will and choose to serve the forsaken forces after some trouble and ethical questionning. Voss and the two kul tiran of the Horde war campaing for exemple Or Godfrey from Gilneas, the very prouf forsaken were free. when they raise them they dont know if they will be usfull and ok to help the Dark Lady. But...

Nathanos had no doubt with the NE forsaken. why? Why is he so confident in their loyalty? i start thinking some have choice and other dont. this instant loyalty and the NE turning their back on their millenial belives immediatly are weird. moreover the free forsaken are all former human. and in Silverpine quests we learn only human can be raise as a forsaken. so ? what's happening?
    Last edited by Niaraa; 2018-10-18 at 12:23 PM.