Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    when people stupidly post "WoW is dying" they need to look at this and see what that really means.

also thread is funny good memes.
    The death of Rift started the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    The death of Rift started the same way.
    Started what way? Please, do tell. I'm curious how you think the two are comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Started what way? Please, do tell. I'm curious how you think the two are comparable.
    A lack of content, new content heavily bugged and rushed due to a severely cut dev team and no QA, ignoring players, a focus on grinds, pushing people to be compelled to do things every day for progress, adding mandatory weeklies to get upgrade components, etc. That's when everyone started quitting. Oddly enough, Blizzard pushes this same concept and everyone starts quitting as well.

That's not what makes an MMORPG good. Getting as many people to log in every day and every week is not the primary objective. Making a good, fun game is.

A lack of content
    There's no lack of content, there's a pretty standard amount of content for any expansion in any game. 6 zones with unique story and questlines. Two different war campaigns, WM, all of the new dungeons, the M+ system, a brand new raid, several new story scenarios, multiple new reps with rewards, Warfronts, Island Expeditions, Island Expedition invasions and their unique rewards, weekend events, all the different PvP modes including arena, open world PvP that's been brought to life through WM, a zone revamp for Arathi, the scenario in the Undercity, the unique quest lines tied into each allied race and unique quest lines tied to Kul Tiras and Zandalar, unique questlines folllowing Bwomsondi and Vol'jin.

That's nothing to scoff at, to top it off on the PTR, less then two months after a brand new expansion launch, we currently have the next two raids, heritage stories and quest lines for the Blood Elves and Dwarves, more allied races unique scenarios, new Island Expeditions, new Warfront, new war campaigns unique to each factions, unique quest lines following one following Tyrande, one following Sylvanas, and one following Saurfang, a new pet battle dungeon, more Vol'jin quest lines that now involves the Lich King and other big names that involve death, another zone revamp in Darkshore, the unique quest line involving Xalatath and N'zoth and mysterious "invasions", incursions, mind you all of that still doesn't even cover all of the new art, pets, animations, cut scenes, and everything else that will be coming with 8.1.
    new content heavily bugged
    New content is always bugged, that's a fundamental truth of all video games. MMO or otherwise. They were not game breaking, the worst offenders we very quickly dealt with. Even the "critical" Asmongold said himself in his petty little rant that there are always bugs and they always get addressed.
    and rushed due to a severely cut dev team
    This statement isn't based in reality. This is very true for Rift where they've had many devs leave and no one has filled the roles (iirc right now they only have one or two class devs instead of the four or five they used to sport) but Blizzard makes a point of keeping their teams staffed. The position in the WoW team that I'm aware of being open is the Executive Producer position because Brack filled it. Except we already have Ion essentially filling the role.
    and no QA, ignoring players
    Reasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 why this isn't true. Mind you these are just the examples I could find doing a quick search on WoWhead, this isn't even considering the mass of tweets, blue posts, and vids the teams do that I completely missed. Rift on the other hand, the devs maybe get together on Friday, drink on stream, ignore all questions about anything that isn't Prime, and blame 64 bit for them not releasing any content for live.
    , a focus on grinds
    The focus isn't on grinds, the focus of the game right now is very much about everything I listed in my first response. There are grinds, yes. Just like every other game on the planet. They are part of these games whether you like it or not. There are no eternal weapon type grinds though in WoW, not since vanilla and BC anyways.
    , pushing people to be compelled to do things every day for progress
    What are you talking about? What thing is Blizzard making you play everyday to progress? Raids? That's totally dependent on your guild. PvP? You can do that whenever you want and choose when not to play. M+? You can do all of your M+ content in one day a week.
    , adding mandatory weeklies to get upgrade components
    There are no upgrade components in WoW unless you're going to count gems which take a total of 10 minutes to fly to the AH to get.
    , etc. That's when everyone started quitting. Oddly enough, Blizzard pushes this same concept and everyone starts quitting as well.
    The raw data shows that BfA saw the highest day one sales. The only data we have shows the inverse is far more likely to be true than what the endless screeching on the forums would have you believe. I would love to see the metrics you have to prove this idea.
    That's not what makes an MMORPG good. Getting as many people to log in every day and every week is not the primary objective. Making a good, fun game is.
    Do you genuinely believe Ion sits down with Josh right before every live stream and says "Josh, time to fool the audience again and make them log in"? The guy who originally was apart of Elitist Jerks and left there and joined the dev team for the game he was previously playing. Do you think his primary objective isn't to make the game as good as it can possibly be but instead to make people log in? You think the team doesn't share the same passion?
    Last edited by Selah; 2018-10-20 at 01:09 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously didn't know this crap was still a thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuff like this reminds me why I love SP games so much. If you read that a guy leaves UBIsoft, you don't think 'oh no Assassin's Creed is dying'.

But with persistent games like MMOs, it feels a bit like 'rat abandoning ship' even when it isn't.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

deire or a refresher? the game probably news new eyes and aspect on it to try to keep it running.... i dont understand why its bad news jsut b/c a dev leaves a game..... this means nothing to me