10+ Year Old Account
    Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara episode 2: We get it PA, this show is gorgeous, but it's moving incredibly slow and I'd like something to actually happen.

Also, yes, Beelzebub was fluffy, fluffy to the max, but I hope there's a bit more substance to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara episode 2: We get it PA, this show is gorgeous, but it's moving incredibly slow and I'd like something to actually happen.

Also, yes, Beelzebub was fluffy, fluffy to the max, but I hope there's a bit more substance to it.
    Irozuku is a coming of age slice of life drama. Nothing is going to happen, at all, the entire series.

The most we will get is some minor reveal at the end of the season that (might) lead to a s2, but doubtful.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Full op:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Itsuwa is just way too cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombieland Saga - This series is way funnier than I thought it would be. The manager in particular cracks me up. It's almost entirely due to Miyano Mamoru. Anyone else delivering those line wouldn't have nearly the same impact. Also, in the second episode when Sakura straight up slaps the one girl's head outa Saki's hands I had to pause it cause I was laughing for a solid min.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I don't care for that review nor think rape is some forbidden topic and should never be portrayed, but I think it's dumb to just make a blanket statement that murder is worse than rape.

To use a different example, which is a worse act: killing a man instantly with a shot to the head, or painfully and brutally torturing a man but letting him live? If two men were standing in front of you, each who committed one of these acts, which would you think less of?

On a "grievous crime" scale, I'm pretty sure raping someone and keeping them as a sex slave is a worse crime than murder.
    Death by Snu Snu is far worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shows I've watched recently:

Ouran High School Host Club (7/10)

This show was rarely laugh-out-loud for me. Maybe it just isn't my type of humor. But it was definitely "put a smile on your face" all the time. It felt boring at times, and I didn't particularly love the characters (like a few other shows with an eccentric cast, the straight man was my favorite). But it was still entertaining, partially in a relaxing way. So more "slice of life" than comedy or romance. I've seen people wishing for a season 2 of this, but it's one of those shows where I'm just "that was fun, but I think it's enough".

Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou (8/10)

Ways to get me interested in a show: Make the main girl a shy antisocial type. Add in a diverse cast, consisting of an alcoholic unlucky adult, the most masochistic guy ever, a guy who is too nice at least according to everyone else, and whatever the hell Sayaka is trying to be. Add in great verbal humor, and background humor, notably Ritsu holding and reading a book no matter where she is or the circumstances.

Ways to piss me off: Unfinished story. But not just any unfinished story, because I'm used to those. One so unfinished, it didn't feel like any progress was made at all. Exchanging phone information doesn't count as progress. Also, side note, why do many shows call text messages "emails"? That bothers me more than it should. I believe I heard that the manga ended last year. Let's see a season 2 of this, it deserves it. Very funny, great cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man. So there are fluffy shows, and then there is Beelzebub. This series takes fluffy-ness to an entirely different level. Still digging the way they re slowly introducing the cast in each segment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shows I've watched recently:

Ouran High School Host Club (7/10)

This show was rarely laugh-out-loud for me. Maybe it just isn't my type of humor. But it was definitely "put a smile on your face" all the time. It felt boring at times, and I didn't particularly love the characters (like a few other shows with an eccentric cast, the straight man was my favorite). But it was still entertaining, partially in a relaxing way. So more "slice of life" than comedy or romance. I've seen people wishing for a season 2 of this, but it's one of those shows where I'm just "that was fun, but I think it's enough".

Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou (8/10)

Ways to get me interested in a show: Make the main girl a shy antisocial type. Add in a diverse cast, consisting of an alcoholic unlucky adult, the most masochistic guy ever, a guy who is too nice at least according to everyone else, and whatever the hell Sayaka is trying to be. Add in great verbal humor, and background humor, notably Ritsu holding and reading a book no matter where she is or the circumstances.

Ways to piss me off: Unfinished story. But not just any unfinished story, because I'm used to those. One so unfinished, it didn't feel like any progress was made at all. Exchanging phone information doesn't count as progress. Also, side note, why do many shows call text messages "emails"? That bothers me more than it should. I believe I heard that the manga ended last year. Let's see a season 2 of this, it deserves it. Very funny, great cast.
    Japan simply didn't have sms and majority still doesn't.
    See, Japanese cellphone software and contracts work a bit differently from what we know in the rest of the world. Whenever you get a new cellphone contract in Japan, you not only get a number but also a complementary, fixed e-mail address from the provider. And that address is at least as (if not more) important than the actual number when it comes to communicating with people.

These email addresses are different from “normal” internet email adresses in that they are hard-bound to your cellphone contract, that you can only get one of them by actually signing such a contract, and that they are capable of some things that normal email simply cannot do. With one of the most important features being direct, chat-like text communication between them.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millhi View Post
    Japan simply didn't have sms and majority still doesn't.
    That's...actually a cool idea. Kinda wonder how that would affect spammers. Guess it wouldn't, since most still call.

10+ Year Old Account

Only a weebo will get the joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    [IMG]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/421/267/ff8.jpg[IMG]

Hahahaha xd

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    [IMG]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/421/267/ff8.jpg[IMG]

Glad I'm not a weeb I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Glad I'm not a weeb I guess
    Your avatar disagrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Your avatar disagrees with you.
    should i go with it's ironic or that jojo's transcends weebhood

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Zombieland Saga - This series is way funnier than I thought it would be. The manager in particular cracks me up. It's almost entirely due to Miyano Mamoru. Anyone else delivering those line wouldn't have nearly the same impact. Also, in the second episode when Sakura straight up slaps the one girl's head outa Saki's hands I had to pause it cause I was laughing for a solid min.
    Ya I’m enjoying this series especially the parts with that cop who keeps showing up

10+ Year Old Account
    Potentially bad news, due to being bought by Sony, Funimation is splitting up with Crunchyroll. Which feels like it lessens the chances even more of Funi dubbing shows. Unless this means Sentai gets those chance, since they're taking Funimation's spot on VRV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    should i go with it's ironic or that jojo's transcends weebhood

Potentially bad news, due to being bought by Sony, Funimation is splitting up with Crunchyroll. Which feels like it lessens the chances even more of Funi dubbing shows. Unless this means Sentai gets those chance, since they're taking Funimation's spot on VRV.
    Ah, that's a shame. I dropped my Crunchyroll and FUNimation subscriptions for VRV, since it was convenient to stream to the TV from one single app that had access to both of their shows for the price of one subscription. That said, I've watched most of what I wanted to see on CR, so I guess I'll stick around for the convenience of being able to stream Gintama, LoGH (from HDive which will be replacing FUNimation), and check in on RWBY volume 6 before renewing my FUNimation subscription.

- - - Updated - - -

Reminder: feed your cats or they will conspire to destroy humanity!

Yes, this is Shinkai's work.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're subscribed to VRV, I recommend you try to watch the following FUNimation shows before they leave:

• Trigun
    • Black Butler
    • Full Metal Panic
    • Sword of the Stranger
    • Spice & Wolf
    • The Heroic Legend of Arslan
    • The Vision of Escalefowne
    • Assassination Classroom

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I almost forgot one of the best ones!
    • Hetalia