Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Does asmon ever go to Blizzcon to ask questions to them directly?

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Does asmon ever go to Blizzcon to ask questions to them directly?
    Ya he was at the last one and interviewed devs on live stream with Hotted.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    I really think Asmongold is only popular because he hates the game that he plays. I don't think I've seen a video of him (And granted I haven't seen many) where he wasn't complaining about basically everything.
    Then you haven't seen many. Not that I have watched them all. But I have watched some where the title of the vid triggered me. I honestly for the most part agree with him and with another (un)popular youtuber heelvsbabyface. Both of them have wisdom. Both of them play a game they no longer feel much for.
    I guess both of them play it to make money from youtube because they cannot make a living otherwise - or miss out on some cash. And that is no criticism either. I mean you first loved the game. You started your channel.... you gain followers. You start making money. Pretty much your entire fanbase plays that same game. Now suddenly YOU the youtuber start feeling that the game you once loved is not that great anymore. But you can't stop.... you'll need to find a new subject to replace the world of warcraft videos with. And will your following be able to cope with that?

So instead of finding something new or a different job.... you stick with the game to make money and try to make the best of it.

so many people in denial i know some enjoy the game still they all don't think one day lets all be negative on wow and get in contact with one another and say great idea whats the saying theres no smoke with out fire

Just curious...do you think he could make the game better if his ideas on how to improve WoW ever made it into the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I honestly for the most part agree with him and with another (un)popular youtuber heelvsbabyface
    Asmongold is right about a lot of things about this game, but Heelvsbabyface is the Alex Jones of WOW streamers. The dude is milking subs on a whole other level, soon enough he'll have his own self branded supplements and shit for sale.

Just curious...do you think he could make the game better if his ideas on how to improve WoW ever made it into the game?
    I cannot speak for everyone else. But when he is not on twitch or some stream... and he makes real video's he seems very sensible and mostly I can agree with him. But do I trust him to make a better game? Hell no. I don't trust myself even to make a great game. Sure for me it would be wonderful probably. But for others? Probably not so much.

The current director of the game started out as just another guy who played it, do you think his ideas made the game better?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Asmongold is right about a lot of things about this game, but Heelvsbabyface is the Alex Jones of WOW streamers. The dude is milking subs on a whole other level, soon enough he'll have his own self branded supplements and shit for sale.
    I wouldn't compare him to Alex Jones. I do agree that he is not doing himself a service for coming back to WoW to make youtube videos. I used to like his vids in WoD and prior. Nowadays it seems whining for the sake of whining. Trying to be funny with comments that he made a thousand times. But still he does hit the hammer on the nail, be it over-exaggerated.

What I don't like about Asmongold mostly is his opinion (this comes out very clear during his streams) that you may only have an opinion about the game if you play it on a high level. Preferably at the same or higher level then himself. But I imagine that if that player is higher then himself... he will call it elitist. And this is coming from me, a guy who played on a high level. If the opinion is sound, the opinion is sound.... what rank you play or how high your gear is.... does not matter.
    But I do understand that when a player who raids LFR or Normal and has an opinion that totally would cause disaster for higher level players... yeah ... that is annoying. But it will be an opinion formed from his pov... so instead of bashing the guy, try to inform him/her.

I don't mind people who love the current version of WoW. But I have divorced WoW (retail) permanently. And I find both Asmon and Heel very amusing.

What quest do I have to do to get that title "voice of many"?

i know it'd be better, because most of those "ideas" are simply older systems that blizzard has removed for the sake of their own ease.

The current director of the game started out as just another guy who played it, do you think his ideas made the game better?
    Good point. Now I’m not a fan of him so I seldom see his vids. Does he ever say what things that he would do to fix or improve the game or does he only say what’s wrong with WoW?

i highly doubt that Ion has a single character past lvl 35 that wasn't either boosted by cash or boosted by GM commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    And even that is dogshit if you don't play one of the melee mongoloid classes.
    Above 2.1k caster comps are alot more dominant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    People can shout all they want. Unless Blizzard is taking a financial hit noting will change.
    He made a statement addressing exactly why he's not unsubbing here
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqmi7b

He's very invested in WoW, both personally as someone who's played for so long and doesn't want it to fail as well as on a professional level. He wants to affect change from the inside rather than outside. And Blizzard is and will be taking further financial hits on their own, because indeed his evaluation of BfA rings true to so many, including myself. I came to this same opinion on my own, having seen these systems in Legion and becoming worried about their increasing development through time gating, RNG focus and having systems artificially trying to keep you coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    he's complaining about the removal of "grinding for an item" which the overwhelming majority of the player base is glad is gone.
    Pretending that the side that agrees with you is the "overwhelming majority of the player base" is a surefire way not to be taken seriously.

isn't that a little unfair? His ideas are not solely used if any ideas of his are used. You don't know. Perhaps he has the greatest ideas but no one agrees. Or are his ideas watered down to the product we have now? I am not defending him. It is not like I agree with the way Blizzard is treating WoW and has been for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    Hell, I'd be happy with a dang weapon about 350. Then I got tired of listening to him whine and went back to playing.
    If a 350 weapon makes you happy, then you must not be playing that much.

As for TF, it removes the ability for you to ever realistically obtain your BiS. For a lot of high end raiders, this was a driving force for us back in the day. I'm sure there are people who like the endless carrot on a stick, but it shouldn't be hard to understand why others don't like it.

Whining about him whining, while not bringing any form of discussion to the table, makes you look way worse than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    He made a statement addressing exactly why he's not unsubbing here
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqmi7b

He's very invested in WoW, both personally as someone who's played for so long and doesn't want it to fail as well as on a professional level. He wants to affect change from the inside rather than outside. And Blizzard is and will be taking further financial hits on their own, because indeed his evaluation of BfA rings true to so many, including myself. I came to this same opinion on my own, having seen these systems in Legion and becoming worried about their increasing development through time gating, RNG focus and having systems artificially trying to keep you coming back.
    who cares what he written .

he is not quiting because WoW is his only source of income and only thing he did in life.

ofc he wont quit until wow dies - same with Preach and any other youtuber/streamer - they have no choice - their viewers are not there for their personality only for wow. you want proof ? look at preaches failed buisness - nobody wanted to watch other games so his and ghosty dreams went to drain and he had to let Andy go because it was clearly not financialy viable exackly because people didnt want to watch them streaming other game

same is with Asmongold - its hilalrius he is pretending he has any choice in this matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    If a 350 weapon makes you happy, then you must not be playing that much.

As for TF, it removes the ability for you to ever realistically obtain your BiS. For a lot of high end raiders, this was a driving force for us back in the day. I'm sure there are people who like the endless carrot on a stick, but it shouldn't be hard to understand why others don't like it.

Whining about him whining, while not bringing any form of discussion to the table, makes you look way worse than him.
    good this way people have content to do

again good - people chasing BiS and demanding BiS (gear/performance) from others are cancer in this game abd blizzard should have gotten rid of them years ago.

PL is a perfect first step but they should have balls and go much further with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you haven't seen many. Not that I have watched them all. But I have watched some where the title of the vid triggered me. I honestly for the most part agree with him and with another (un)popular youtuber heelvsbabyface. Both of them have wisdom. Both of them play a game they no longer feel much for.
    I guess both of them play it to make money from youtube because they cannot make a living otherwise - or miss out on some cash. And that is no criticism either. I mean you first loved the game. You started your channel.... you gain followers. You start making money. Pretty much your entire fanbase plays that same game. Now suddenly YOU the youtuber start feeling that the game you once loved is not that great anymore. But you can't stop.... you'll need to find a new subject to replace the world of warcraft videos with. And will your following be able to cope with that?

So instead of finding something new or a different job.... you stick with the game to make money and try to make the best of it.
    and making it more toxic by releasing their problems with being burned out with game on community .

this is something what i have been always repeating here on forums . i always admited that people like Preach have really big balls to invest so much of their life into such an old and not really popular game like wow to risk their whole income by making youtube videos making/ streaming their promary source of income.

i would never risk like this because in 99.9 % cases when hobby become a chore/work it never ever end well.

only now their discontent and burned out is spreading like cancer on stupid people who repeat their opinions without having their own thoughts on this matter.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't compare him to Alex Jones. I do agree that he is not doing himself a service for coming back to WoW to make youtube videos. I used to like his vids in WoD and prior. Nowadays it seems whining for the sake of whining. Trying to be funny with comments that he made a thousand times. But still he does hit the hammer on the nail, be it over-exaggerated.

What I don't like about Asmongold mostly is his opinion (this comes out very clear during his streams) that you may only have an opinion about the game if you play it on a high level. Preferably at the same or higher level then himself. But I imagine that if that player is higher then himself... he will call it elitist. And this is coming from me, a guy who played on a high level. If the opinion is sound, the opinion is sound.... what rank you play or how high your gear is.... does not matter.
    But I do understand that when a player who raids LFR or Normal and has an opinion that totally would cause disaster for higher level players... yeah ... that is annoying. But it will be an opinion formed from his pov... so instead of bashing the guy, try to inform him/her.

I don't mind people who love the current version of WoW. But I have divorced WoW (retail) permanently. And I find both Asmon and Heel very amusing.
    on the same level as Asmon ? you mean farming old raids ffor transmog and letting his viewers carry him everywhere and feed all loot to him because even his guild refuses to do so ?

ye high level indeed and he is supposed to be the "voice of hardcore" - what a joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sorry, but Asmongold is another guy that thinks his playstyle is more important. I can't treat seriously people that think reducing raids to one difficulty would be good for the game. At least Preach try to look from another perspective from time to time.
    It would be. The game has had progressively more and more problems ever since multiple difficulties were introduced. For one thing they wouldn't need to spend so many resources on number squishes if they didn't have 4 difficulties massively inflating all of the numbers in the game every tier. Not to mention all of the other issues (LFR making bad players, no sense of accomplishment, mythic not being flex or xrealm right away for reasons, etc.). Multiple difficulties was a terrible idea.

1) Do you seriously believe that so time consuming game with long term goals as WoW 1.1-2.4 would have any chance to survive right now?
    Yes. You do know they're making a classic server right?

2) If direction of game is so bad, how you would explain ~3.3M boxes every two years since 2010 (with exception of MoP). You know, fool me once and this kind a stuff, but fool me 5 times? ;D
    People keep hoping the game will get better and keep buying the new expansions. And to be fair they're usually good at the beginning (even the two worst expansions so far have had great leveling experiences). None of that means they stay subbed though, which is where the real money comes from.
    3) If "old formula" is so much better and more fun, where are games designed by this formula? If WoW no longer is like this, there should be ton of people starving for this type of game on market.
    They don't exist because MMOs are extremely expensive to make and maintain and very few people want to take that risk. The only one I can think of that even tried that formula was Wildstar, which was horribly mismanaged and failed massively because it was extremely buggy and had a lack of content due to the aforementioned mismanagement.

You just need easy recognizable world (Star Wars, LoTR, Elder Scrolls, etc.) and listen to Asmongold. Easy money. Where are these games (and why don't you play them by the way)?

See above. Though I don't think you've ever actually listened to his opinion on the matter because even he has said in the past many times that the fun in those older MMOs like vanilla wow was in the community and social interaction and not so much the actual content.