Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you want to play Vanilla you have to get back into the habit of using acronyms for everything "DPS LFG VC/WC/... BRD/DM East/ etc. etc."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Not to mention, that stats like hit, crit and primary stats that grant crit, have values that is heavily influenced by how much of those stats you have on your gear, and heavily dependant on what spec you are playing. especially for melee classes, if you have a item with tons of crit on might be useless cause you don't have enough hit to utilize that crit due to how the attack table works (hit-crit-glance)
    That's alot of words when you could've just said "critcapped"
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I imagine we'll have summoning stones too.
    Since those were in Vanilla... good guess?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Since those were in Vanilla... good guess?
    People have been telling me that they came out in the 2.0.1 patch, not in Vanilla. Before that they were just meeting stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Gotcha

source:https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal...ense-agreement

Connect to private server and risk losing your account

I would never ever risk my main account to play on a private server lol
    Not legally enforceable.

No EULA is, since there is no Notary Public sitting in your house with you when you agree to it, ensuring you read it all and notarizing that you did, in fact, read it.

Issue is, no one has the money to fight it out in court. But EULAs are basically (legally) worthless. Theyll continue to enforce them as if they werent, however, until a Court tells them they cant. So itll take someone with millions and who cares enough to make an issue out of it to challenge it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    People have been telling me that they came out in the 2.0.1 patch, not in Vanilla. Before that they were just meeting stones.
    I rather thought that was what you meant. The actual summoning feature was never all that useful, really. Though i may be anecdotally putting my own impression there, as i main a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Oh yeah getting teleported to the dungeon to get right into the action is boring. Not at all like hopping on a flightpath and tabbing out. Or flight path, tab out, tab in, next flight path, repeat before they were linked.
    It's ok to like lobby queue games, no need to justify it.

To me, the stuff added in Patch 1.5 was the most important, as it allowed people in the Capitals to queue into your group without having to go to the dungeon first.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Meeting_Stone

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    That's alot of words when you could've just said "critcapped"
    I could have, but people who dont know how the crit cap works with hit wouldnt get much out of that.

But it was something i wrote in a hurry so it is messy

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    It's ok to like lobby queue games, no need to justify it.
    I'd honestly like to know what you find so much more appealing about AFK flightpoints and auto run as opposed to getting ported to the dungeon so you can begin.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    I am pretty sure that DF will be a thing in vanilla. Though it won't be like it's current form. I am pretty sure someone will make an addon that will let people find other people for dungeons instead of looking in world chat. What are your thoughts on this?
    The API should be policed and the first person that makes that add-on should have their account perma-banned.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Ruse View Post
    If you want to play Vanilla you have to get back into the habit of using acronyms for everything "DPS LFG VC/WC/... BRD/DM East/ etc. etc."
    I can't wait to see all the Rogues and Hunters teamed up to spam Trade - /2 LF3M LBRS, just need priest, warrior and mage PST

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I'd honestly like to know what you find so much more appealing about AFK flightpoints and auto run as opposed to getting ported to the dungeon so you can begin.
    Open world simulation.

Puts value in the Warlock summon.

AFK flightpathing fills the same purpose as a game pause.

AFK Autorun to places is only a retail thing since mobs hit like wet noodles.
    Last edited by Dergiab; 2018-10-18 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    The API should be policed and the first person that makes that add-on should have their account perma-banned.
    You might as well skip Classic then dude, because of several reasons:

1. They will never police the API that way and they certainly won't permaban anyone that creates anything that operates within the API parameters.

2. People can see your LFG and LFM messages in chat in the vQueue interface. Even if you hate those addons, others will use it on you.

I don't mind having a way to find groups that easier than it initially was in vanilla, I just want to go there myself and see other players doing the same thing. I want to see high level players charging through zones to get to raids.

half of the excitement of doing dungeons was whether there would be any PVP before the dungeon started.

"Hey, there's group here trying to summon for BRD, wanna gank em?"

10+ Year Old Account
    You might as well skip Classic then dude, because of several reasons:

1. They will never police the API that way and they certainly won't permaban anyone that creates anything that operates within the API parameters.

2. People can see your LFG and LFM messages in chat in the vQueue interface. Even if you hate those addons, others will use it on you.
    If the goal is an authentic experience they won't allow GF mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    If the goal is an authentic experience they won't allow GF mods.
    You do not understand how vQueue works. It's hilarious.

Bye felicia, try your hand at Pantheon instead.
    Last edited by Dergiab; 2018-10-18 at 08:34 AM.

meeting stones had an early version of "generate a random group out of the people using it". Added in 1.3 and updated in 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7
    Wiki-link

and i don't know when it was added, but in bc there was a menu option to list your group similar to what the LFG can do.
    the displayed information was a message, the party member's names and lv.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do not understand how vQueue works. It's hilarious.

Bye felicia, try your hand at Pantheon instead.
    That's great that I don't know the add-on that doesn't change the fact that there was no "VQueue" in Vanilla. Their stated goal is an authentic experience. If you have a UI that auto-adds people to your groups, or has fucking gear score, or RaiderIO, etc. You don't have an authentic experience. I'm not against add-ons I've used them since old-school CTMod. I simply would prefer the game not turn into retail. You don't have to be a cunt.

I mean use a fucking summoning stone if you're that desperate to randomly add pricks you didn't vet to your group who you can't be troubled to have a conversation with because of your severely introverted personality.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2018-10-18 at 10:29 AM.

Yes this kind of thing will be needed, searching people on /2 is something we can't do anymore. In the first days, it will be flooded like hell
    But I think meeting stones had something implemented to them but it was not very "user friendly". You had to go to the actual stone to search for groups

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    meeting stones had an early version of "generate a random group out of the people using it". Added in 1.3 and updated in 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7
    Wiki-link

and i don't know when it was added, but in bc there was a menu option to list your group similar to what the LFG can do.
    the displayed information was a message, the party member's names and lv.
    Yeah thats what I remember too, vaguely. I remember using it for Scarlet Monastary as alliance
    Its was like today's mm+ group finder but with less options.

"Innkeepers around the world now have a gossip option that lets you join a meeting stone directly from the innkeeper rather than going to the location of the meeting stone. Also these Innkeepers will now have background lore about each of the dungeons.
    Levels Required for meeting stones have been increased. The intent is that a group will not receive party members from a meeting stone that don't really have a chance of completing the dungeon.
    Meeting Stones have had their rules for what players are grouped with what other players relaxed. This means groups who use meeting stones (or innkeepers) should have their groups formed much more quickly than they were previously."

So yes there will be some form of group finder in 1.12
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-10-18 at 11:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    They are different, after the dungeon is over you're not teleported back to the same place by the game interface.
    I guess, but i've been playing mage for my whole wow experience so i can't relate with it being a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.