Thread: No Diablo 4

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I will only be dissapointed if it's all about the fraggin switch port,

a new xpack, d2 remaster or D4 would be pretty cool

So, everybody basically expected that D4 would have been presented this year as ready? Pretty naive imho.

Yes, the message was pretty much about telling people not to expect incredible stuff - but also set in stone that there will be quite a bunch of info about Diablo. A new Diablo game would be something really huge, and they cannot afford to miss this shot; hence, no D4 announcement if it's not ready.

CDRP did the same for Cyberpunk 2077, and it turned out to be an actually good choice. Hopefully Blizzard does more of the same in these terms. No need to keep hype high for something that's in embryonal status.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    wasn't the 2nd expac confirmed, like 4 years ago?
    The one that they scrapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    So, everybody basically expected that D4 would have been presented this year as ready? Pretty naive imho.

Yes, the message was pretty much about telling people not to expect incredible stuff - but also set in stone that there will be quite a bunch of info about Diablo. A new Diablo game would be something really huge, and they cannot afford to miss this shot; hence, no D4 announcement if it's not ready.

CDRP did the same for Cyberpunk 2077, and it turned out to be an actually good choice. Hopefully Blizzard does more of the same in these terms. No need to keep hype high for something that's in embryonal status.
    CP 2077 was announced in 2012. First trailer in 2013. The Witcher 3 was announced in 2013 and released in may 2015.

Let's be real, Blizzard lured people with that 'community announcement' back in august. The released schedule for Blizzcon placed Diablo on main stage after opening. They knew what they were doing. Selling more virtual tickets.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the worst year i chose to go to blizzcon... well fuck me.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

My bet they will tease D4 and announce and release D1/D2 Remasters for people to play with and wait.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    If there isn't at least a mini-trailer like Bethesda did with the next Elder Scrolls 6 for D4 I'll cry.

If Blizz hypes up everyone with Diablo Toys, new Diablo Goodies and a fucking video like "There is so much we gonna do, so many Projects n shit" and now we will only see a fucking switch port nobody wants. I mean. Really? Who are the people that play diablo? It's a adult audience that likes the old hack n slash style. How many of them will buy one of this small switches just to play their classic game once again in a handheld?
    And if they decided to bring out an xpac for a classic game they should get a slap to the face and sent into the corner to think about what they did.
    We got Jebaited.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious why blizz seems to hate diablo now the most, a game that once held record of best pc game in its year of release ?
    I like wc but I can't deny that diablo had far bigger impact on pc gaming in general than warcraft ever managed (maybe wow at its peak tumbled that)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Netflix animation show maybe ?

You all can forget about a Diablo 2 remaster at this point, since Blizzard had long ago stated something about the code from that game being all but lost.

A remake of Diablo 2 however is more plausible, but would cost much more time and resources, something we all know this small indie developer does not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    various diablo projects
    If they where to announce a Diablo 4 some part of the team would already started on story and stuff like that for a expansion and content patches.

Now i dont think there will be a diablo4 but just becouse they say that they are working on various diablo projects don´t mean that 1 can´t be a Diablo 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing the job posting related to a futur diablo game tells me the game is still in a early stage of development. Waiting for Diablo 4 this year is reaching.

The 2 times they announces multiple Diablo projects in the work (that 1 Nevalistis video and the recent Blizzcon 2018 Diablo post), they clearly stated that "some projects might take longer than others" I take it that they want to tell us Diablo 4 is far from being ready to be released.

But they still want us to be hyped about this year's Diablo reveal.

My guess is that they will reveal a character pack for D3. Why? with the coming Diablo port on switch they have to make people want to buy this game on Switch. D3 is an old game, releasing an old game with no addition on a new console would be really disappointing.

D1/D2 remaster? probably in addition to a character pack. Remasters are find as a 2nd side thing, not as a main reveal. Remasters don't attract a huge crowd to them, they attract hard core fans but will leave a lot of players just say "meh been there done that" and not bother to buy an old game.

D3 expansion? nah too much work when we know they are working on a new D4 game. Why put a lot of new stuff in Diablo 3 when you know the game will be replaced in 1/2 years max?

TLDR : D3 character pack (the main thing), with D1/D2 remaster (as a side bonus), with D4 teaser at the ending video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if a D2 remaster is realistic, according to Brevik they lost the source code. D1 Remaster perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Also, esports are free to watch anyway. Just a tip :P
    well aware but i've gone to every con since 08 or 09 so its a yearly vacation and meet up... just miss all the technical and deep dive panels they used to have. (seems to be less these days)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Let's be real, Blizzard lured people with that 'community announcement' back in august.
    This pretty much. This newest statement really contradicts that video announcement they did in august. Building up hopes and getting punched in the face. That's how i feel about this atm.

A bit sad tbh.

I will watch blizzcon anyway but now it's certainly going to leave a sour taste.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They just released D3 on the Switch and people think they're gonna release D4?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually a bit dubious about there being a D4, World of Diablocraft or D2 remaster. I'd take any of those gleefully. They've at once encouraged hype but discouraged it so I have no idea what to think is coming for Diablo but I know it's something.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I'm actually a bit dubious about there being a D4, World of Diablocraft or D2 remaster. I'd take any of those gleefully. They've at once encouraged hype but discouraged it so I have no idea what to think is coming for Diablo but I know it's something.
    I simply think 1 of 2 things... either they were working their asses off and didn't get enough done to officially announce...

or the were suddenly aware that if you announce a new game and people just spent full price on a game that's already been out, just because it got ported for switch, they'd be pissed. The only was releasing a brand new title right after a dungeon crawler Diablo port to switch, is if suddenly Diablo wasn't a dungeon crawler anymore...

Tinfoil hat, on that, but Diablo is probably in for a big change.

Amazing Sig by Eis!

It only means that they aren't ready to show all major announcements. This is very good sign, because they don't rush them just for Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    They just released D3 on the Switch and people think they're gonna release D4?
    Cynical thought, but wise. I expect them to announce it now to be ready for next year or later.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I expect nothing from this annoucement and i am 99% sure i will still be disappointed.