Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Actually in GW2 for example your stuff is NEVER replaced by new content outside of maybe new stats for the specializations they add, a legendary from 5 years ago is still 100% relevant today. WoW just needs to stop increasing the item level and player level and find more interesting progression methods.
    And that's pretty stupid, the main goal of a mmo is replacing stuff with better stuff. And classes ALWAYS evolve too (so old stuff becomes suboptimal), even if you don't like that, Wow is the mmorpg with the most balanced classes and you cant deny this.

If it's more intersting for you, fine, but that's not what I want at all.
    There would be no reason to farm new raid or a new season of mm+ if the stuff was not better than the previous tier.

You don't seem to like MMORPG or even RPG. The goal of any rpg is to get more levels OR/AND better stuff

Personally im having a blast playing Gw2 both the pvp & dungeon (fractals) content is much more enjoyable than wow's for me, not to mention the things that differ between the games, like character customization and mounts. I think the "problem" Lies With the people playing wow causing the lack of real competition. People have invested so much time into their characters and account so they dread dropping it over another game where they have little to no investment.

All in all im Just worried that tripple A companies mistake the failure of all these asian f2p/p2w mmo's failing in the West for "the mmorpg genre is dying No point investing or trying anymore"
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    No, you can't. And there not only dps addons. But yeah, GL HF to track dots with the standard AI.
    And BM is SO easy to play than you can't keep your haste buff unless you use a WA/Quartz/Whatever timer... It's not possible to track it with the tiny "buff" icon... And if you don't care about that dot timers, you just suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahahahahaha "its too easy for me so I don't do it". Ultimate trolling at its finest.

edit : I didnt catch the "elitist", okay, actually you just suck. If elitist is requiring that players have a brain and minimum addons then yes, I'm an elitist and I never play with "noobs" like you anyway

You opinion is totally invalid if you don't raid or do at least some mm+. Yeah the default UI is okayish for leveling and doing basic stuff

This is so sad and commining from an elitist , this is what killing the game softly.Everybody plays the way he wants and just because they don't do MM+ they are noobs , it says alot about you m8.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, it is still an MMORPG.
    RoIRnG, not MMORPG

I think if Palladium gets off their butts and makes RIFTS into an mmorpg, that might give WoW good competetion if it's made right. I believe there is a lot of potention in a RIFTS game.

problem with this is that most WoW players are probably not what you'd consider MMO players. WoW is most likely their first and only game in the genre and they aren't really interested in the genre but just this one game.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangle123 View Post
    Hey

<Can't remember my log in for my normal mmo champ account so had to make a new>

As a WoW addict since TBC I've always read the mmo champion forums to see if people have similar views to myself.

Every day its practically the same discussions about the state of BFA (good or bad depending on your point of view) - personally i'm in the "bad" camp for reasons that have already been stated by people on here a million times

For me the reason I play WoW and continue to sub despite all the issues that I think are pretty awful is simple (1) I love MMO's (the whole concept) (2) I have over the years built up many friends and such in game

My main reason for posting is do others think that the lack of competition in the mmo market allowed blizzard to become somewhat lazy and arrogant with WoW?

Yes there FF and ESO etc but in the west / Europe its still all about WoW and has been since like forever.

Blizzard know people still love MMO's - they know people are tightly connected with people they have gamed with for 10+ years and will continue to sub to play together - has this made them less bothered with negative press and obvious issues in game - yes Azerite I am looking at you at the moment.

Every good business is pushed to improve by having healthy competition to ensure they continue to provide the best product on the market - else they lose revenue / crash / burn / die. WoW has no real competitors - they have seen them all off , they have been killed off by the WoW behemoth.

If WoW had serious active competition for its player base - do you think we would have BFA in the state its in ? - My opinion on BFA personally I know some people think its great of course that's fine its all about opinion at the end of the day.
    GW2, FF, ESO, ToR, Wildstar... They've all been good games with different approaches and WoW has beaten them all. WoW has had serious competition, I feel it's more a case of "people don't know what they want". Wildstar for instance did the whole server-connected hardcore route and died fast.

End of the day, for all the whining out there WoW is the most popular MMO because even with all the competition it's still the best one.

Tenacious D's "The Metal" comes to mind here. WoW is the metal in that analogy.

Many games have tried to compete, and none have succeeded. I think the main issue is that they all aspire to be "wow killers", and not just great standalone games. Maybe the community is at fault for that as well, I don't know. Anyhow, I tried several other mmo-games through the years, like age of conan, rift and gw2, but they all felt so unpolished and rushed at the time.

Currently I just stick to single player rpgs, as they never attempt to kill another game.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

I don't know about you guys but i would love to see a good RIFTS mmo come out and try to compete with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Price View Post
    This is so sad and commining from an elitist , this is what killing the game softly.Everybody plays the way he wants and just because they don't do MM+ they are noobs , it says alot about you m8.
    Thats not what I meant, You CANT say "addons are useless" if you don't raid. As you can't say "prisons are like hotels" if you are not actually a prisonner. Do you get it, m8 ? You know what? I've been an "elitist" for almost all the time I've spent on wow since vanilla (I dont carry noobs, I don't hold their hands, I used .xls spreadsheets and I mostly play with people I know and most importantly *I'm* frustrated when I fail or underperform)... I'm still here, and wow too.
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-10-18 at 09:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    RoIRnG, not MMORPG
    Still MMORPG, no matter personal opinion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Nope, it hasn't. Still counts as an RPG, still classifies as an RPG. It might be your opinion and views but doesn't change its type.

- - - Updated - - -

FF killed it for me.

I played the game before it went RR.

I regret it all.

When it was shut down before remaking it, I demanded the money back and said I wouldn't be back for RR.
    Honestly mate. Give ARR a try. Free trial is unlimited to 35.

I felt like that too after 1.0 and now I regret not giving 2.0 a proper try.

It's a completely different game to the cesspit that was 1.0.

Hell come EU servers and I'll be your senpai!
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-10-18 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well I would never "seriously" raid this day and age anyways, not worth my time they are all elitist slimebags.
    Boy do I hope you're trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    Tenacious D's "The Metal" comes to mind here. WoW is the metal in that analogy.

Many games have tried to compete, and none have succeeded. I think the main issue is that they all aspire to be "wow killers", and not just great standalone games. Maybe the community is at fault for that as well, I don't know. Anyhow, I tried several other mmo-games through the years, like age of conan, rift and gw2, but they all felt so unpolished and rushed at the time.

Currently I just stick to single player rpgs, as they never attempt to kill another game.
    Real talk, I'm with you here. Single Player RPGs are exactly that. RPGs DESIGNED for one person. Not an MMO being changed and adjusted drastically for the solo player. It's a weird concept, but there are so many good RPGs out there I wish some people on MMO-C would experience, like Persona 5, Xenoblade, Ni no Kuni etc.

Nope, it hasn't. Still counts as an RPG, still classifies as an RPG. It might be your opinion and views but doesn't change its type.
    Depends on your definition of RPG honestly. Super Mario Bros. could be called an RPG if you really wanted. But hey go by whatever you want too and have a coke or pepsi or water!

If WoW had any real competition, then BFA likely would never of happened. There would of been an expansion, but they would of realized BFA was not very well thought out and went back to the drawing board.

The problem is..WoW will *never* have any real competition. I don't say this as some Blizzard Fan Boy, proclaiming WoW to be the greatest. I say this more with a realistic view of the future of MMOs.

Right now the trend/direction of MMOs is high end graphics, free to play, well stocked cash shops and releasing a flood of mini-expansions inbetween actual expansions. TERA and ESO are prime examples of this. However free to play does not generate stable income to help a corporation create a long-term plan for a game, instead creating games with a short-term outlook due to the sporadic nature of purchase content (Which also requires most of the Dev focus. Hard to do bug fixes when you need to develop five pairs of shades for the cash store instead).

The advantage of a subscription game is, most dev focus doesn't go towards cosmetic items. Yes, WoW has a shop, but compare it's inventory to that of say..TERA..and you see a huge difference.

For WoW to have a real competitor, it needs to be an MMO that carries a subscription cost. It needs nice graphics, but not bleeding edge that makes 1080 TIs scream in pain. And it needs to set a firm direction in regards to PVE, PVP and Raiding. But, the easy profit road is F2P cash shop games. Players today have no desire or patience for another subscription based game.

So WoW will never have a competitor.

Edit: The only way for there to be an actual competitor, is if the market was forced to change. Only scenario where that could happen was if the current tide of EA VS The World regarding Loot Boxes goes into such a frenzy, that strict laws are put forth that affect ESO and TERA and games like it, and dissuade new MMOs from going the F2P/Cash Store/Loot Box route.
    Last edited by Bombrik; 2018-10-18 at 03:26 PM.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Its just not a good environment to make an mmo in nowadays, companies will be forced into microtransactions even if they don't want too some games had a lot of promise when i first played BDO i was so in love with it when i found out there is no real endgame and that its basically just an mmo version of diablo i was really bummed out.

I know everyone talks about that games combat or gfx which are really good but that's not why i loved it, i loved it because if want to go from 1 side of the map to the other there is no fast travel or flying you have to physically take the time to travel if you need wood or herbs you have to actually spend time chopping trees and shit.

I think wow is great if you just want to log on 1-2 days a week then play slot machine with your chest which all some people want which is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Depends on your definition of RPG honestly. Super Mario Bros. could be called an RPG if you really wanted. But hey go by whatever you want too and have a coke or pepsi or water!
    Still doesn't change what the game is marked as genre. Still an MMORPG.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Still doesn't change what the game is marked as genre. Still an MMORPG.
    I don't think you get it. They throw it out there as anything they want but what it really is is what it is. You can call a dog a pig all day long but it's still a dog. Same for games.

Deleted
    They are options - I play both WoW and FF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I don't think you get it. They throw it out there as anything they want but what it really is is what it is. You can call a dog a pig all day long but it's still a dog. Same for games.
    True, people can call it what they want but doesn't change the fact it is an MMORPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly mate. Give ARR a try. Free trial is unlimited to 35.

I felt like that too after 1.0 and now I regret not giving 2.0 a proper try.

It's a completely different game to the cesspit that was 1.0.

Hell come EU servers and I'll be your senpai!
    Hah.

Guess one could try it again.

We were given 'apology' packets when they had to shutdown the first version.