Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And she has Native American roots, just like she said.

SO, are the Trumpsters going to stop with their lies and bullshit?

The Magic 8 Ball says, "It does not appear so."

It's almost as if the Trumspters are working on marching orders.
    She actually said that her mother said she was native american because she had high cheek bones and identified as Native ever since.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    She actually said that her mother said she was native american because she had high cheek bones and identified as Native ever since.
    So, she was told a story by her mother, and believed it?

Very well.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And that something is still nothing, just alive for the moment. In a year, if that's all they have, it will still be dead. Not sure what her intention was, but she seems to have pre-killed the only issue the GOP has on her, miles before she's running in an election she could lose. Right now, doesn't matter.
    Is that why dumb things from up to a decade from before Trump ran didn't come back to haunt him? Same question for Hillary.

So, she was told a story by her mother, and believed it?

Very well.
    I know. It’s stupid and it makes the Democratic party look stupider with this DNA test result. This woman wins the nomination and Trump will be re-elected and you’re ignorant if you say otherwise.

I know. It’s stupid and it makes the Democratic party look stupider with this DNA test result. This woman wins the nomination and Trump will be re-elected and you’re ignorant if you say otherwise.
    And yet, we have a new birther movement. The GOP doesn't get to claim the moral high ground, they are shilling for a guy who lies multiple times A DAY.

I have no desire to vote for her, and it has nothing to do with this. This DNA test did not change anyone's minds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'm ignorant then. Or I underestimate the insanity of the right wing.

A woman falsely believing she's got native american ancestry due to family oral history is hardly a scandal. Meanwhile, there's all the shit Trump's done.
    Putin khuliyo

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Is that why dumb things from up to a decade from before Trump ran didn't come back to haunt him? Same question for Hillary.
    The issue would exist no matter what. If the other side is going to bring it up, they are going to bring it up. At least in this case, the issue has been run to ground. It's finished. There isn't a "next step" and Trump can argue it all he wants, but it's done.

You're saying she made more of it than was necessary in doing the test and making it public. I agree. And she could have been making a mistake in doing it, too. That is entirely possible.

But it's also possible that she did brought it up and addressed it at the noisiest time possible in American politics (under a month before midterms elections) when it would get as little news as possible. I mean, outside the lefty-crazy sites, is it even on the front pages of MSM? CNN doesn't even mention it anymore. MSNBC has it half way down. Even Faux News has it off the front splash page, it's literally a "side" story.

IMO she brought it up and addressed it fully now to kill it, as much as that is possible, now, when it really doesn't matter. She won't lose her Senate seat (aggregate polling has her 66 to 33 atm). And Trump is neutered in calling for a DNA test or any other "next step".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The apparent ongoing conservative obsession with this stupid, trivial nonsense sure is interesting.
    It basically boils down to one, simple thing; the average conservative voter does not engage their critical analysis when it comes to politics. Ever.

They find one stupidly simple idea, ideally one with a catchy slogan, to attach to the person whose jersey is the wrong color. And they chant that slogan over and over while deriding everyone who wants to discuss policies or platforms, because can't you hear how loud they're chanting their slogan?

It started to overtake the conservative media during Obama's Presidency; they tried to get birtherism off the ground, for instance. It was targeted successfully against Clinton; take your pick from "BENGHAZI", "but her e-mails", or "LOCK HER UP". And now they're kicking off with Warren, but the only thing they have to target her with that even an idiot can effectively chant is this "Pocahontas" bullshit. Which is also why they're so resistant to letting it go; they don't have anything else to chant, and if they have nothing to chant, their political framework falls to pieces because it doesn't go any deeper than that. The facts don't matter; Trump said she lied about having Native American heritage, so they'll believe whatever lies prop that bullshit up, rather than accept the truth for what it is.

Because attacking her on policy is never going to work, because her stances there are strong, and really, deep down, they know this.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You have no idea if that is true. You sound nearly clueless in your political acumen. Her move could have been brilliant, if you think it through. And it's hurt exactly ZERO democrats.

Because I know you won't read my post above:

The issue would exist no matter what. If the other side is going to bring it up, they are going to bring it up. At least in this case, the issue has been run to ground. It's finished. There isn't a "next step" and Trump can argue it all he wants, but it's done.

You're saying she made more of it than was necessary in doing the test and making it public. I agree. And she could have been making a mistake in doing it, too. That is entirely possible.

But it's also possible that she did brought it up and addressed it at the noisiest time possible in American politics (under a month before midterms elections) when it would get as little news as possible. I mean, outside the lefty-crazy sites, is it even on the front pages of MSM? CNN doesn't even mention it anymore. MSNBC has it half way down. Even Faux News has it off the front splash page, it's literally a "side" story.

IMO she brought it up and addressed it fully now to kill it, as much as that is possible, now, when it really doesn't matter. She won't lose her Senate seat (aggregate polling has her 66 to 33 atm). And Trump is neutered in calling for a DNA test or any other "next step".

10+ Year Old Account
    If Kamala Harris runs then Trump is fucking cooked.
    If Harris runs, Trump might as well start planning his next four years. The Electoral College favours whoever can win over Middle America, good luck doing that when you're from California in this current political climate.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It basically boils down to one, simple thing; the average conservative voter does not engage their critical analysis when it comes to politics. Ever.
    I think this sums it up succinctly. I sincerely hope we can still beat the Trumpistas with logic, reasoning, facts, and good policies. I look at the upcoming midterms as a trial run on that ideology.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    If Harris runs, Trump might as well start planning his next four years. The Electoral College favours whoever can win over Middle America, good luck doing that when you're from California in this current political climate.
    Harris scares me because middle america is so fucking racist. She's awesome, but being a

1. CA Dem
    2. Woman (which is great, but the U.S. seems to in hate-mode with women atm)
    3. Not white (which it kills me to bring up, but it's an issue nonetheless)

We need to fucking take the White House in 2020, no matter what. If that means we run two white guys, I don't give a fuck.

Agreed. Two years in political hot topics may as well be measured geologically. It accomplished exactly what it needed to--it had be addressed; she was vindicated; everything else is just Republicans noisily and desperately trying to cling to what was always a non-story. Democrats would do well to pay zero attention to Republican assessments of what Democrats should do. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    She’s not old. She’s young. She is Black. She can appeal to younger people. She can intimidate people while remaining classy(Brett Kavanaugh). She isn’t a feminist extremist. She is for LGBT rights. And no dirt on her most importantly. Elizabeth Warren aka Pocahagtans will make Dems LOSE the election worse than they did in 16

- - - Updated - - -

I think this sums it up succinctly. I sincerely hope we can still beat the Trumpistas with logic, reasoning, facts, and good policies. I look at the upcoming midterms as a trial run on that ideology.

- - - Updated - - -

Harris scares me because middle america is so fucking racist. She's awesome, but being a

1. CA Dem

We need to fucking take the White House in 2020, no matter what. If that means we run two white guys, I don't give a fuck.
    Black Women ensured that, that horse riding pedophile Roy Moore did not win.

- - - Updated - - -

1. CA Dem

America hates women and wouldn't vote for them!
    Hillary got more votes than Trump!

Okie dokie then. Since we really want to play the Ghostbusters defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    It couldn't possibly be that tariffs are a burden on capitalism.... not, not that.
    Why would tariffs on steel harm steel domestically? That sort of thing would drive up domestic production and profit if anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    America hates women and wouldn't vote for them!
    Hillary got more votes than Trump!

Okie dokie then. Since we really want to play the Ghostbusters defense.
    I'm sure you have a point here, just can't wait to hear it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Why would tariffs on steel harm steel domestically? That sort of thing would drive up domestic production and profit if anything
    Why would the price of steel going up dramatically harm steel needs domestically? Really?

And yet, we have a new birther movement. The GOP doesn't get to claim the moral high ground, they are shilling for a guy who lies multiple times A DAY.

I have no desire to vote for her, and it has nothing to do with this. This DNA test did not change anyone's minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I guess I'm ignorant then. Or I underestimate the insanity of the right wing.

A woman falsely believing she's got native american ancestry due to family oral history is hardly a scandal. Meanwhile, there's all the shit Trump's done.
    You have no idea if that is true. You sound nearly clueless in your political acumen. Her move could have been brilliant, if you think it through. And it's hurt exactly ZERO democrats.

Because I know you won't read my post above:

You’re not seeing the issue here. Like birther, Benghazi, Emails, and Pizzagate the Republicans will ride this all until November of 20 and create lies about her as they did Hillary. Pocahagtas is also old and doesn’t appeal to younger people and all she will discuss is Trump and “back in my day we...” I don’t want to hear that shit. We need new ideas and someone who can hold their ground. Elizabeth Warren is easily picked on by Trump.

She’s not old. She’s young. She is Black. She can appeal to younger people. She can intimidate people while remaining classy(Brett Kavanaugh). She isn’t a feminist extremist. She is for LGBT rights. And no dirt on her most importantly. Elizabeth Warren aka Pocahagtans will make Dems LOSE the election worse than they did in 16
    I'm not sure she has the Progressive bona fides yet to enthuse the young/Bernie crowd. She could probably change that, but we'll have to see what her platform would look like.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I'm sure you have a point here, just can't wait to hear it.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would the price of steel going up dramatically harm steel needs domestically? Really?
    America can't hate women too much to vote for them in the same universe Hillary "won" the popular vote. That is idiotic.

Pocahagtas is also old and doesn’t appeal to younger people and all she will discuss is Trump and “back in my day we...” I don’t want to hear that shit. We need new ideas and someone who can hold their ground. Elizabeth Warren is easily picked on by Trump.
    I know for a fact that the Progressive wing of the party (and the Bernie-supporting non-party members) would take Warren over Harris as it stands right now.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis