Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'll never reach them. The fanbase is in a negative frenzy at the moment. You can't reason with it, you just have to let them tire themselves out. It happens every expansion. Sometimes worse than others, but it happens every expansion. Sometimes the community buys into it a little more than others though. Give it a couple months and they'll come around.

Right now reason and logic have no place in the community, just look at the 1.7m subs number that gets regurgitated even though Blizzard confirmed that wasn't the case.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    The art is cool, even in WoD the art was super cool. Blizzard has some amazing artists for sure, no one ever doubted that.
    BfA is awful though, there is so much more to art in this game and if only the art is good and everything else is shit...well, the result is not good

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    BfA is a good expansion on the whole. It has a few problems but it's not the end of the world for WoW. For some strange reason, the community is going through some strange psychosis and seems to think it's appropriate to crucify the entire expansion. Then they want to draw horrible comparisons. So, as a refresher for the absolutely trash arguments out there lets talk about them.

No, this is not WoD 2.0. The reason WoD sucked was mostly due to the absolutely insane amount of cut content and the massive content droughts that happened pre, mid, and post expansion. The middle raid tier and subsequent patch was cut alongside the already enormous amount of stuff cut from the original launch. BfA is not comparable or remotely close.

The game is not dying. While we don't have exact numbers for subs, we know it's well above the falsely reported 1.7 million. Furthermore, Wowhead site manager Perculia claims her site alone saw 11 million unique users. We already have our next raid on the PTR, it's also reasonable to expect that we will be hearing more and possibly seeing more about 8.2 and 8.3 at Blizzcon. If you would like to see an example of a dying game. Go see the absolute spectacle shit show that is Rift who, beyond having shady business practices, hasn't launched any new content in 2018, continues to hemorrhage devs and staff and never re-staffing the positions that are open, and can't comment on future content coming for their game that they haven't released content for throughout the entire year.

If it's getting so much hate then, surely there's a bunch of problems... right? No, its largest issue is the Azerite system. That's what everyone is losing their shit about. Apparently the titanforging debate came back to life after being strangely MIA the entire Legion expansion.

The expansion is fine, it's actually pretty good. It's not Legion, but that's doesn't make it terrible either.
    Character progression as a whole sucks right now, not just azerite armor. The main point of any game is character progression and when the developers fuck that up, the playerbase is very vocal. That is what you are seeing now. Everything else is just supplemental.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    All the drama threads have been so monotonous lately i just had to do it, just to put a bright spot in the black if nothing else, so here it goes:

a)the new zones, the flavor, the small storylines and little npc interactions, the music, the atmosphere, the art, even the loading screens, someone did a great job there, kudos to the art team

b)the new dungeons! some are dark and mysterious, some are funky and humorous and all have at least some interesting encounters in them, mythic+ continues as the greatest addition ever made in this game!

c)Uldir: a fine first tier raid, that gave us an epic race to the world first.

d)PvP: new people have joined in, world pvp is a thing again, arenas are in a solid spot in terms of balance and this time with no templates!

e)allied races: more and more keep coming with options we didn't even imagine would be available

f)content has drastically increased in quantity: with warfronts, war campaigns and island expeditions on top of everything else, even if they're not perfectly implemented they're improving and it's good to break the monotony of raiding/mythic+ and arenas/bgs with something different once in a while

+positivity!+ if you're still so grumpy and whiny go play with a kitten or something, it will cheer you up!
    a.) Like every other expansion.
    b.) A few yes.
    c.) There were way better first tier raids than Uldir. The best first tier raids were in Cataclysm. Unbeatable in my opinion.
    d.) no one cares about pvp. And if, a few.
    e.) just reskin and cosmectic art.
    f.) content that drains your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    BfA is a good expansion on the whole. It has a few problems but it's not the end of the world for WoW. For some strange reason, the community is going through some strange psychosis and seems to think it's appropriate to crucify the entire expansion. Then they want to draw horrible comparisons. So, as a refresher for the absolutely trash arguments out there lets talk about them.
    So if a lot of people agree that BfA is absolute trash, and mind you, the negativity is bigger than ever (and by far, not even in WoD people were so unhappy with an expansion after 2 months) , it's because there is a mass psychosis and not maybe because the game is actually trash? Ok, good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post
    At this state of the expansion wod was way ahead. Where it really sucked was the last year where it didnt get any content because the whole team was working on legion already.
    WoD started good. The art was fantastic, the quests were good, it delivered the best Windwalker iteration (it was a work of art), but failed shortly after reaching lvl cap and finishing ur Garrison completely.

It isnt news that blizz is holding back on content release, and pacing it since we devour it so quickly. I believe BFA will have a great mid and excellent end.

I am by no means a fan of the azerite system but its here now, there is nothing we can do about it. The content is good RN nonetheless and I doubt many who express a lack thereof, has actually finished this tier of Raiding much less Mythic or pushed high mythic+ or pushed rating in arena.

*SNIP*
    A - The art team never fail on the game, There art is amazing and always will be. There is a lot of love put into art

B - The new dungeons are fine, some better then others. The fact there is no real... "gear" rewards from M+ atm (for me personally) has made me kinda avoid M+ currently.. id like some cosmetic rewards back like MOP and Legion Challenge Modes.

C - Uldir... its an ok starter raid? im starting to get really bored with it already (im currently 4/8M in there) The trash is just mind numbing...

D - PvP will always have people come and go, im in warmode and since the first 2nd week of the Xpack i rarely see ANY world pvp.. people just run past eachother do there world quests (when i rarely do them) and.. thats it...

E - Allied Races..... there fine... the leveling is horrible atm.. i did a MH Tauren in legion and the 1-60 was fine as i never did any cata zones. after that i felt myself dying.. but more races is always good when there is somthing you like the look off.

D - War campaign was over really fast for me so it was ok while it lasted... Warfronts i do one every few weeks for the free epic and that is it, not much else to do there as its mostly NPC controlled. Same for the islands.. i do my weekly cap as its the same repetitive stuff over and over again

The game has come off a good Xpack with no new good features, They have tried but hit the mark by a looong way. Lets hope blizzcon has somthing to fix this issue. The new warfront does look better! you can control special NPCs and things so thats a big plus!

7+ Year Old Account
    All the drama threads have been so monotonous lately i just had to do it, just to put a bright spot in the black if nothing else, so here it goes:

a)the new zones, the flavor, the small storylines and little npc interactions, the music, the atmosphere, the art, even the loading screens, someone did a great job there, kudos to the art team

b)the new dungeons! some are dark and mysterious, some are funky and humorous and all have at least some interesting encounters in them, mythic+ continues as the greatest addition ever made in this game!

c)Uldir: a fine first tier raid, that gave us an epic race to the world first.

d)PvP: new people have joined in, world pvp is a thing again, arenas are in a solid spot in terms of balance and this time with no templates!

e)allied races: more and more keep coming with options we didn't even imagine would be available

f)content has drastically increased in quantity: with warfronts, war campaigns and island expeditions on top of everything else, even if they're not perfectly implemented they're improving and it's good to break the monotony of raiding/mythic+ and arenas/bgs with something different once in a while

+positivity!+ if you're still so grumpy and whiny go play with a kitten or something, it will cheer you up!
    Bfa is garbage
    1.7m subs ''good expansion''
    Last edited by HordeFanboy; 2018-10-18 at 05:47 PM.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

for the 1st time since tbc i get bored of an expansion 2 months in. and the writing....just horrible. more bs coming in 8,1 story wise,,,sigh
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Deleted
    bfa is a sloth machine simulator

I think BfA has some problems, but that doesn't make it a bad expansion.

My opinion:

Bad things:
    - Azerite system (especially the reforging)
    - Class design
    - Some dungeons (Motherlode, Tol Dagor, Freehold, Sethraliss)
    - Worldquests (I don't really know why, but I liked the WQs in Legion more than in BfA)
    - War campagne (It's pretty boring so far. The Suramar campagne was way better at this point)

Good things:
    - Uldir
    - Some other dungeons (Underrot, Kings Rest, Waycrest Manor, Shrine of the Storm)
    - Questing (Drustvar is my favorite zone of all time)
    - Story (Sylvanas' story is somewhat weird but I loved the Jaina story)
    - Music
    - Art
    - Islands and warfronts (I consider those as good, because they are just some side-content, which you can do if you want, but they aren't mandatory at all. Islands are great for leveling and warfronts can be farmed for transmogs, if you're bored. But I think Blizzard could do a lot more with both.)

And to be honest: the main content are raids and pvp. I don't do pvp, so I don't have an opinion on this. But the raids are the most important thing of an expansion - for me at least. And I think raiding, doing m+ or leveling alts is still fun. This is what I've always done in WoW and it's still enjoyable in BfA. So for me, the game isn't even close to be ruined.

For me BfA is a solid 8/10. Not the best expansion, but by far not the worst.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    I agree with OP. BFA is a fantastic expansion so far, and will only continue to get better with future content patches. The only people who are complaining about BFA are the casuals who rushed through the expansion in the first 2 weeks of release. You read that correctly, casuals who turned into wannabe hardcore noobs, now they're out of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    It's a terrible expansion /Thread.
    No, it's not /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deeth View Post
    Character progression as a whole sucks right now, not just azerite armor. The main point of any game is character progression and when the developers fuck that up, the playerbase is very vocal. That is what you are seeing now. Everything else is just supplemental.
    Really? The story, lore, content patches, play styles, spec viability, PvP, Raids, M+, and literally every other part of the game is supplemental? I hate to break it to you but they aren't supplemental, they're vital. Hell, look at the absolute shit storm that is caused every expansion when flying is unlocked quickly enough and flying isn't even nearly as important as what I listed above. Is character power progression important? Yes, absolutely. It isn't the only metric to measure a game by though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    So if a lot of people agree that BfA is absolute trash, and mind you, the negativity is bigger than ever (and by far, not even in WoD people were so unhappy with an expansion after 2 months) , it's because there is a mass psychosis and not maybe because the game is actually trash? Ok, good to know!
    Except it's not a lot of people. The people who actively use the forums by default has always been a minority of WoW players, the amount of people extremely unhappy about the expansion are a minority inside that minority.

The WoD comparison is absolute garbage, you know why? Garrisons, the shitty cornerstone of the expansion where everything happened and started, you couldn't even go to for the first month of the expansion because the tech wasn't finished. You think people weren't losing their minds over that? People lose their minds over flying.

Again, you have one or two problems with the expansion, doesn't mean the expansion is trash. Especially considering you can just ignore the problems as you play the game. By all means though, lets say the entire thing is trash. That seems like a really good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Bad? No.

Terrible? Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    It's a terrible expansion /Thread.
    this

the game has taken homogenization to a whole new level. everything is utterly generic and rng. and oh that personal loot. so sweet, said nobody ever.

good news is im dunzo this week or next (whenever i get up the balls to put the finally nail in and disappoint my guildies) bad news is, not much out there to replace it with. market is stale as balls until pantheon shows up on the scene in another year.

backlogged console games from like 2006 onward ought to keep me busy ;p

BFA is a great expansion, its given me time to play other GOOD games.

[QUOTE=Saphano;50320990]cant really debunk or prove it actually. Its either true or not. blizzard saying its not true is not debunking[/QUOT

Blizzard said the numbers where wrong. And the twitter it was posted on also said it was only NA, not counting EU or Asia

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    no one is arguing that the art is bad or the raid itself is bad or the music. What people are complainig about are the SYSTEMS. The PHILOSOPIES, the GAMEPLAY. I mean you could have the best art and music but if the game is not fun, and doesnt make sense, and is pointless, then why?
    No. I don't care about gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quixef View Post
    The complaints are just negative hype. People gather in echo chambers like Reddit or MMO-C and make each other believe the game sucks when it really doesn't EXCEPT Azerite Armor system.
    Yes. Also, Azerite isn't important at all, because we didn't have it before Legion, so nothing is lost. Only problem is that Asmongold and other idiots spread hate for views.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Because it's a Troll expansion, mon!