Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    have fun living in the past. afraid of change much?
    nah. if i was afraid then i wouldn't play legion/bfa in the first place and wouldn't know how bad it was would i?
    lol i like those comments "afraid of changes" it's a video game changes, if i don't like i would just not play like right now.

Every raid will be cleared the day it’s released
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2018-10-17 at 05:56 AM.

Deleted
    I really hope... That it doesnt matter. Classic was a time where thoughts like "gogogo" "fastrunplskktybye" didnt matter. Hoping that ppl with that"modern" attitude realise their boredom fast and go back to retail wow while the others can enjoy classic chilling and in peace with a feeling of a real community. I dont think that impatient players will stay very long on classic servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Quh View Post
    I really hope... That it doesnt matter. Classic was a time where thoughts like "gogogo" "fastrunplskktybye" didnt matter. Hoping that ppl with that"modern" attitude realise their boredom fast and go back to retail wow while the others can enjoy classic chilling and in peace with a feeling of a real community. I dont think that impatient players will stay very long on classic servers.
    LOL retail clowns won't even last to see the talent icon appearing in their icon bar since they will rage quit seeing as getting to lvl 6-7 takes them an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by IdTheDemon View Post
    Pretty much this. I'd even say more than a year due to RNG of getting 8/8 class sets, many whose tier 2 full bonuses are insane.

There are 2 advantages for older players going back to Vanilla Wow:

1) Knowledge of fights and class. A lot of people did not know how to play the game back then nor play as good as they do today.

2) HARDWARE. Back then, most computers had less than 4gb of ram, a slow ass hard drive, core 2 duo processors and slow ass internet. I remember how had Thaddius 40 man was such as laggfest because of the FPS drops and disconnects.

Despite the 2 above, people cannot storm into MC with freshly dinged characters and expect to steamroll their way to BWL right after. People will need to farm fire resist for Ragnaros and maximize their dps for Vaeltraez who I still remember to this day all those goddamn wipes.

Getting full tier 2 and Nef on farm is the main roadblock, as the first half of AQ 40 and half of Naxx will go by pretty quickly after.
    less than 4gb ram?lol i played all of vanilla with 512mb and my fps wasnt nearly as bad as i saw in youtube videos,granted thats still less than 4gb so you are not wrong,but the bar was set kinda high saying 4gb ^_^

I dunno about you but I did raid during Vanilla and I see things here that I never experienced.
    My guild was one of the first to enter MC ánd BWL ánd AQ40 ánd Naxx.
    We did dress up most everybody in Resist Gear if this was required. Mostly for certain fights. And no not every slot obviously except tanks (where possible). There was a certain minimum for fights if you were dps/healer or tank. So to me saying that the raid did not need resist gear... is a bit weird. Yes even for Ragnaros we needed it. Iirc we set a minimum of 100 resist.

Now I am not saying that guilds could do it without it. And I am also not saying that we had expert players in that guild. Half the people in that raidgroup would not even surive LFR nowadays. The rest was awesome though.

But I find it strange that some people here claim that you did not need resist at all. When was this? Private Server? Was this when people overgeared MC by getting gear from that troll raid? I mean we set foot in MC when we barely even had our dungeon sets. But we did get our fire resist up. We did farm for that for ages. Same with AQ and nature resist gear. We did not go into AQ20 first either. We went straight to AQ40.

Lets just say it's not the mechanics that make raiding naxx challenging...

The challenge is to actually reach the point where you have the gear for naxx raiding, having the time to farm consumables for every raid and having about 39 other people online at the same time to do a proper raid.

The game was very different back then. Nowadays you can see people overgearing content so hard that you got videos of people soloing raidbosses in the ongoing expansion, that was not even nearly possible in vanilla.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that nobody with a job, family and the need to sleep for 8 hours a night will be doing naxx unless carried. I sure as hell know I wont.
    Last edited by Tripax; 2018-10-17 at 08:05 AM.

Why do people think that Classic will be easy and cleared within <self made time period>.
    Were the raids easier then they are now? Encounter wise? Obviously yes. Bosses today are much more complex. No question.
    So what am I writing this for then? Well.... people seem to forget that the skill set in your "spellbook" were also very much limited to how they are today.
    Raidwide heal or protection cooldowns? Maybe druids and not like every couple of minutes.
    Want to use Shieldwall? Good luck trying the next attemptS without it (cooldown was 1 hour or perhaps longer).
    Personal Protection or healing then? Nope....unless you were a healer/paladin, you could not save your life like you do today.

Other then that, there was this 1% chance that your tank would receive an instant death by crushing damage.
    Other then that, you had very little hp vs how hard a boss could hit you (AoE or direct).
    Other then that, your mana for dps was not unlimited
    Other then that, there were no repairbots (not repaired? Yay entire raid waits.... )
    Other then that, there was no mass rez. Yay we all run back together for a LONG LONG ass run.
    Other then that, no respec available unless you run back to town and pay a small fortune.

So in short: While raids were more easy in terms of mechanics, everything else made it substantially harder, more costly, took more time and was more inconvenient.

I think comparing current retail vs vanilla is like apples and oranges. I think the best way to tell the difference is asking yourself: When did you have more fun?

Personally I stopped having fun in raids at the end of WOTLK. Raids while fun, become more like a job. I like the raiding puzzle though. Meaning: (I am a healer) Knowing when to heal and pop a certain cooldown. Working together with the other healers to get the job done. But raiding in itself - downing a boss.... that fun is lost on me. I no longer feel I accomplished anything. No longer can I feel good when I see loot - even when it goes to the person I want it to go to.
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2018-10-17 at 07:55 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quh View Post
    Ironically the impatient players are probably the ones who will rush to max, clear raids asap, bis asap, then ask for TBC servers.

hmf...some of the dungeons were huge...it just might take the whole day...

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean not be a downer, but more than likely hardcore groups like method or the classic version will probably clear this way faster than a year.

A lot has changed in 14 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Ironically the impatient players are probably the ones who will rush to max, clear raids asap, bis asap, then ask for TBC servers.
    Yeah wow classic won't have a lot left for those people.

Once you're fully bis gear...what do you do?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post

It'll be interesting. I'm actually happy that Classic ISN'T going to be having add-ons like TBC, I consider that a perk actually.

Gives people who don't have as much play time to actually catch up.

For instance myself, I still want to collect pets/gear&weapons/mounts/make gold. Even without an achievement system or tmog, I've enjoyed being able to do that in games. I remember collecting all the armor and weapons in FABLE 1 fun times.

Retail WoW's content just comes out so fast it's hard to keep up with my type of schedule.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The gear checks and accumulation of gear will take the longest. We will have thousands of players who KNOW, first-hand, what it was like back then. They'll know optimal leveling, optimal spec, optimal ways to get gear, everything. those that don't remember exactly will read guides to refresh their memory. Then when it comes to the actual bosses - mechanics-wise they're far easier than Heroic or Mythic bosses today. So all that's left, as I said, is having enough stats to meet the DPS checks.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    It'll be interesting. I'm actually happy that Classic ISN'T going to be having add-ons like TBC, I consider that a perk actually.

Gives people who don't have as much play time to actually catch up.
    It will, they are using the modern client, there is no way around it.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Spoken like someone who has never actually played vanilla in 1.12

just....rofl, so much wrong in one post.

No, you do NOT need "full AQ40 geared raid" just to "start" naxx. It's not that big of an upgrade that it would completely break your raid. I tanked Naxx bosses in almost full T2 gear, just fine. My raid group had only cleared AQ about 4 times before Naxx released, and we still managed to kill like 8 or 9 bosses in Naxx in just a couple weeks.

No, you do not need MC gear to do BWL. Why? Because a lot of MC gear is actually worse than preraid gear, especially for healers and caster DPS. With proper buffs/consumes you can blast through BWL without ever setting foot in MC.

No, you do not need "full fire resist set" for MC, fucking lol, the only person who needs fire resist is the main tank for tanking Ragnaros, FR gear is not needed anywhere else in the instance. Seriously bro, your post just screams "I NEVER PLAYED VANILLA AND JUST WATCHED UTOOB VIDS ABOUT IT", so hard.

No, you do not need "full nature resist set" for AQ40, you really only need NR for one fight (princess) and even then it's not 100% mandatory, and EVEN THEN, only melee DPS really need it, for the most part.

Also, ony cloak is BoE, so getting your whole raid outfitted with it is not exactly a huge challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

A dumb hypothetical scenario because Blizzard would be shooting themselves in both feet if they did that.
    You are talking like blizzard isn't going to re-tune / rebalance the raids. They absolutely cannot release MC with the 1.12 balances and not touch it at all. They will never capture the true classic "experience" if they allow 10-15 people to run into MC in half greens / blues and clear the place in a week. I just don't see it happening.

They really must re-tune to add a measure of difficulty to the raids so they feel like they did when they launched, not a year and a half later when the shit was an afterthought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I mean not be a downer, but more than likely hardcore groups like method or the classic version will probably clear this way faster than a year.

A lot has changed in 14 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait for a server wipe and do it again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Why do people think that Classic will be easy and cleared within <self made time period>.

I think comparing current retail vs vanilla is like apples and oranges. I think the best way to tell the difference is asking yourself: When did you have more fun?
    I feel ya. I also think comparing vanilla to the shit show that is horribly scripted , guess-at-values private servers is way worse. People act like private servers are an identical replica of Vanilla. They aren't close lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It will, they are using the modern client, there is no way around it.
    sorry I meant "add-on" as in expansion content lol,

Not actual addons like DBM/WeakAuras etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    You are talking like blizzard isn't going to re-tune / rebalance the raids. They absolutely cannot release MC with the 1.12 balances and not touch it at all. They will never capture the true classic "experience" if they allow 10-15 people to run into MC in half greens / blues and clear the place in a week. I just don't see it happening.
    People want vanilla, not "vanilla lite++ with lots of major balance changes".

Blizz themselves said that they're doing this mostly as a preservation project, so making huge sweeping changes would make no fucking sense.

Shoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    I feel ya. I also think comparing vanilla to the shit show that is horribly scripted , guess-at-values private servers is way worse. People act like private servers are an identical replica of Vanilla. They aren't close lol.
    Yeah I know. But they are closer to vanilla then current retail is. But yeah.... Private Servers are still removed from the original experience.

How long Naxx takes to clear will only be gated by how long Blizzard waits to release it. It was hard in Vanilla because nobody knew wtf was going on, there was no DBM no datamining it was just trial and error. In Classic WoW everyone already knows the fights, there are thousands of videos and endless resources to learn the encounters and not to mention DBM will most likely be available to yell and flash warnings for every boss mechanic in the instance.

I'm calling it now, every raid will be cleared by thousands of people first week they're available because there's nothing new in them, they're not specifically difficult and there's infinite sources of information and strategies available for everything.

If you wanna push for being in amongst the top Classic players all you need to do is play a lot and join a raiding guild. There's no high skill cap anything in Classic it's just a whole lot grindier than modern WoW. Every guild that is able to fill 40 man raids will clear Naxx eventually, it's up to you to find one that does it at your comfort pace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    How long Naxx takes to clear will only be gated by how long Blizzard waits to release it. It was hard in Vanilla because nobody knew wtf was going on, there was no DBM no datamining it was just trial and error. In Classic WoW everyone already knows the fights, there are thousands of videos and endless resources to learn the encounters and not to mention DBM will most likely be available to yell and flash warnings for every boss mechanic in the instance.

I'm calling it now, every raid will be cleared by thousands of people first week they're available because there's nothing new in them, they're not specifically difficult and there's infinite sources of information and strategies available for everything.

If you wanna push for being in amongst the top Classic players all you need to do is play a lot and join a raiding guild. There's no high skill cap anything in Classic it's just a whole lot grindier than modern WoW. Every guild that is able to fill 40 man raids will clear Naxx eventually, it's up to you to find one that does it at your comfort pace.
    Hah... There is no grind in classic you scrub. Same amount of time you spend "world questing" etc. You never played classic and yet you are here like some professional.