Poll: What will your main class be?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha I knew warrior would be top. Pro tip for those of you wanting to wreck shit up, you need absurdly good gear. Warriors with blues were meme level funny. Like you’d feel bad for the ones having to use Ice Barbed Spear and other random items.

But as for the topic at hand, Im so torn on this. I mained a hunter then warrior all throughout vanilla. Yet I always wanted to main a rogue. Sadly I suspect rogues will be a dime a dozen just like on live classic back in the day.

You know what that poll tells me. You only have Alliance players left. The Horde Mature players are all gone. Or did not find this post. I am just playing Enhancement Shaman. That's all i play. I hated everything else i have played. Its the only thing i really enjoy.
    Last edited by Warsun; 2018-10-18 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    Backstab rogue was just too fun back then. Has to be a rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Warsun View Post
    You know what that poll tells me. You only have Alliance players left. The Horde Mature players are all gone. Or did not find this post. I am just playing Enhancement Shaman. That's all i play. I hated everything else i have played. Its the only thing i really enjoy.
    Quoting myself:
    "Most people here are primarily PvE players thus going for Alliance. I would guess that's why you see almost no Shamans in the poll."

That's with the knowledge and experience we have now but didn't have back then. If Horde had Paladins you can bet that we would see a lot more people going for Horde.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Hmm... Well i guess ill take your word for that.

I will try to recreate my original main character.. Though that means making the sub-optimal choice of Ice-Barbed Spear over the crossbow which I believe was pretty much BiS for a hunter preraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    The ticking AoE was more the problem, the skeletons were just icing. They added more damage and more chaos (and spell push back)
    I'm sorry, but were you having issues due to spell pushback? I know it's tempting to use Shadow res aura, but concentration aura is one of your most powerful buffs there is; I am sure it would be more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Dont go Horde if you end up choosing warlock. Being a utility class is not fun.
    Horde warlocks at least has an easy time getting soul shards and won't have to face will of the forsaken-clad gankers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Haha I knew warrior would be top. Pro tip for those of you wanting to wreck shit up, you need absurdly good gear. Warriors with blues were meme level funny. Like you’d feel bad for the ones having to use Ice Barbed Spear and other random items.

But as for the topic at hand, Im so torn on this. I mained a hunter then warrior all throughout vanilla. Yet I always wanted to main a rogue. Sadly I suspect rogues will be a dime a dozen just like on live classic back in the day.

I'll be prot so problem solved. Plus I'm not in a huge hurry, if I get tired of leveling him I'll burn rested on the rogue/mage/lock and bounce back to the warrior

Kudos to the ones going pala, vanilla retri pala is probably the most boring class to play ever, he has literally no active attacks (except meme judgements) and only relies on rng seal of command procs to some king of dmg (yes, the first active attack skill, crusader strike was introduced in tbc)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Kudos to the ones going pala, vanilla retri pala is probably the most boring class to play ever, he has literally no active attacks (except meme judgements) and only relies on rng seal of command procs to some king of dmg (yes, the first active attack skill, crusader strike was introduced in tbc)
    That's why you play Shockadin
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

priest or mage because fuck class quests.

First, i need to see patchnotes.

Ret maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Fight4Fun View Post
    First, i need to see patchnotes.

Ret maybe
    here ya go
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.12.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Wait what?
    Paladins in Vanilla was horrendously strong and when you hit Naxx, they become the best healer in the game by virtue of extremely strong throughput and most importantly, crazy mana efficiency.
    Pair that with Blessing of Salv and Kings and you basically have the most powerful PvE class in the game, hands down, without even a question.
    They are by far one of the most powerful pve classes, but it's not because of their healing. They may have amazing throughput and infinite mana, but what does that actually get you? It's not going to help much when you're tickling the raid with FoLs when all the other healers are oom and people are dying to aoe. Other than Blessings, paladin bring nothing to the table that other healers can't. Their ability to buff is top tier, but without that why bring a paladin over any other healer?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    They are by far one of the most powerful pve classes, but it's not because of their healing. They may have amazing throughput and infinite mana, but what does that actually get you? It's not going to help much when you're tickling the raid with FoLs when all the other healers are oom and people are dying to aoe. Other than Blessings, paladin bring nothing to the table that other healers can't. Their ability to buff is top tier, but without that why bring a paladin over any other healer?
    Paladin brings highest HPS and best buffs. What else do you want to get? Yes, FoL doesnt heal as much other classes fast heals (your FoL is going to be around 900 when priests/shamans are going to be around 1200-1300) but it crits considerably more often, and you can keep going forever, when shamans/priests doing fast heals are going to be oom in around a minute.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Oh sweet summer child

Quote Originally Posted by Fight4Fun View Post
    Oh sweet summer child
    Your head isnt on straight if you think they are going to rebalance specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Your head isnt on straight if you think they are going to rebalance specs.
    When they do, you gonna be sad and sorry

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    If I decide to play I'll probably go HPally.

Embracing my destiny of healing at 60
    Hpallies have a more active damage dealing playstyle than retribution does. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Paladin brings highest HPS and best buffs. What else do you want to get? Yes, FoL doesnt heal as much other classes fast heals (your FoL is going to be around 900 when priests/shamans are going to be around 1200-1300) but it crits considerably more often, and you can keep going forever, when shamans/priests doing fast heals are going to be oom in around a minute.
    My biggest point has been paladins lack of tools. Highest HPS doesn't do much when it's limited to small, single target heals in a raid where 20-40 people are taking damage all at once. Infinite mana doesn't help when your raid is still limited by other healers mana. Most other healers don't use fast heals because they have better tools, paladins don't.

Your numbers for FoL are also way off. A Max rank FoL heals for 400ish base before talents. It only gets like, 30% or so of your healing power, you'd need over 1k healing to get close to 900, on Max rank, which you aren't using much until around BWL, infinite mana isn't infinite in greens/blues.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2018-10-19 at 12:49 AM.