Poll: Which one is the worst expansion

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BFA shouldn't be here since it isn't over yet.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Anything past Firelands is pure garbage. Do not know what is worse here.

I actually liked WoD over Bfa dispite lack of contents
    The main problem in bfa is the non rewarding contents were everything is just RNG and pure grind

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll judge the expansion when we have an expansion to judge. Comparing a fully released product to one which is less than two months is a little short sighted in spite of all the issues we've seen with the release. It's by far the worst received expansion when we factor in bugs, azerite, balance and design though.

That said, for as bad a WoD was I didn't think about cancelling my subscription till much further in the life-cycle whereas I let my BfA subscription lapse about a month and a half in to the game so take from that what you will.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    No use preaching to the blizzdrones in here. These players on this forum are 90% addicted and will stay sub even if the expansion is about finding shit in Un'Goro. Based on the leaks they are less than 1.7 million actual subs playing. That is lower than vanilla wow in its first few months, its gotten that bad. My sub ran out a week ago and I tried ESO for the hell of it AND I AM LOVING IT SO FAR. I'm so happy I quit and got to have such a fun leveling experience. The quest design is better than skyrim and everything is voice acted ITS SO GOOD.

I was actually subbed to WOD a whole 2 months longer. WOD had no content but I didn't hate any of the content. But after I just about got everything out of my garry I quit and came back at the end of the expansion. Everything in BFA feels like a less legion. I was basically subbed ALL OF LEGION, it was an amazing expansion regardless of the legendary drama. BFA feels like a gimped and more lame Legion, and that feels so terrible. I honestly love the BFA zones design wise but I hate everything I am doing in them.

MMO-Champion is a really bad place to get "healthy" peoples opinion. Most "healthy" people know what shit is and quit. A good give away is if they have over 4k post in 7 years or so. YouTube is actually great on getting a huge amount of different opinions. There is a reason Asmongold loves to make fun of MMO-Champion.
    Yawn........

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    No, I disliked WoD and i hate BfA.
    Why do you keep playing a game you hate? Find something else to do with the limited time you have on this earth perhaps?

Still too early to tell, it's possible BfA recovers. If it stays on course, it will easily be worse than WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords is still objectively worse. BFA is full of stupid writing and shitty class balance, but pound for pound there's more to do that feels rewarding than in WoD.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    WoD at least the lore worked, and it didn't feel politically motivated.

That aside, my guild which was formed in Vanilla is hemorrhaging players who hate this expansion like I've never seen before.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought he meant to asked which one is better so i voted for wod.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I think it's unfair for BFA to be compared to WoD. BFA's a half baked waste of money but has the potential to improve should they actually listen to feedback. WoD on the other hand had literally nothing going for it and when 6.1 hit you knew we were fucked.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathululock View Post
    WoD at least the lore worked, and it didn't feel politically motivated.

That aside, my guild which was formed in Vanilla is hemorrhaging players who hate this expansion like I've never seen before.
    We've lost some serious long term players also.
    Its not been this bad ever, And everything was fine in legion

One things certain if this is unfolding through the game they cant allow it to carry on.
    they know more than anyone losing loads of players this early into an expansion is going
    to need some serious repair work. IMHO 8.1 will be the sticking plaster with 8.2 being utterly huge

whatever they had planned for mind much later on bring that forward and worry about lack of content
    later on just get things stable

There two main issues here.

Game play:

BFA's gameplay sucks the hunter class specially does not feel fun though Marksman is in a better place than legion, but it is just not fun.

Those like me prefer to target their gear and maximize their time towards things they find fun. The necklace grind is not fun ... forcing me to do content to unlock gear that already dropped makes getting gear not exciting.

Gating story behind rep this was not liked in MoP and has not been liked since then. People have limited time to play games and gating story behind rep makes those without time stop playing.

At the very least make it so the daily quests are not the only source of rep the world quest system was not fun in legion in any expansion repeatable quests are not fun. It is more fun to grind npc’s with friends or run dungeons than it is to do world quests.

In BFA the Warfronts could have been fun, old school AV was fun ... they can make fun epic battlegrounds they just choose to make easy dumbed down versions. Islands turned out to be a grind that lacks that “exploring” feeling.

Story: WoD lacked story the start of the expansion was actually ok story wise, but they cut the content and decided to focus on legion. Although the WoD story was sub-par there were things to do with friends which made playing worthwhile despite the lack of story

Overall, I will prioritize decent “fun” gameplay over story gameplay.

However, they can fix BFA’s issues if they are willing.

The one thing BFA has that WoD did not is warmode and warmode is the only reason I am still subbed.
    Last edited by eridil; 2018-10-18 at 11:11 PM.

Warlords for sure. People saying that BFA is worse are delusional, at least there's content outside of raiding in BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    If BFA has improved spells it wouldn't be that bad.

Huh, funny how that can just be turned around
    Ashran was way better than Warfront for example.
    Even Garrisons is a masterpiece compared to islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    What? Legion was awesome from the start. WOTLK was awesome from the start. Both had awesome reviews from the start.

MOP was awesome after 5.1 (rep gates removed).

Cata, WoD, and BFA sucked at launch and the first two continued to suck throughout their respective life cycles.

BC and Vanilla are the only expansions that have been deemed "awesome in hindsight" (in reality, they were both some great ideas with some total shit; if you disagree, I wonder how many texts you got at 3 AM because a world boss spawned).

So which expansions do you mean by "every"?
    With every, I mean every single one. People forget all the shitty stuff and start remembering the good stuff, I've seen more and more "WoD was actually awesome" kind of posts popping up on forums. Same will happen with BfA (Though I find it an amazing expansion so far, except for a few things).

The power of nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

You can't really judge until it's over. They may yet pull their collective finger out and fix everything.

I can say that I played WoD longer than I did BfA before unsubbing. I think I probably played Cata for a similar length of time as BfA, so for me Cata might be worse than WoD. At least I came back for the end of WoD, I barely did that for Cata. Time will tell if BfA is so bad (for me) that I don't even come back at the end when they've ostensibly fixed everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    MOP was a solid expansion. Biggest problem is people hated Panda's and then released monk with Panda's. Monk to this day is still the least played class...well that might be shaman now LOL. Mist had great raids and plenty of stuff to do. People did however complains there was too many daily quest to do. Throne of thunder and timeless isle were also amazing patches. And HELL I loved the farm.
    can u find a single thread that 'praise' MoP reputation chockehold farm in order to do... pretty much anything ?
    U had to farm for weeks before u can do anything at all
    Also the idea of farm itself was great, cooking during MoP was the worst, luckily never repeated again
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Pretty unfair comparison, WoD failed at absolutely everything except PvP. While BfA is fun.
    Wot. Highmaul, Blackrock Foundry and Hellfire Citadel were excellent raids.

Deleted
    WoD's problem was the lack of content, BFA on the other hand is an issue of core gameplay, which was the one thing that always put WoW ahead of any competition.

GCD changes, ability pruning, removing agency from the player is just some of the myriad of issues with BFA, and considering Blizzard will not
    revert GCD changes, bring back tier sets, bring back ML, revert leveling nerfs etc in this expansion then it's safe to say that BFA is the worst expansion Blizzard has released to date.