Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedomys View Post
    People really need to stop using Raider.io and Curve, in fact, Blizzard should just shut them down or block APIs to keep them from scanning chars. People are turning into litteral mongoloids using this and it ruines the game. It's just like the mess the game became at WOTLK when the addon Gearscore was introduced, people went ape shit with delirious prerequisites to enter raids or M+. Just look at Uldir, the next week after it's opening, people were already checking Raider.Io, Curve, or whatever aids was invented to scan progression, and if you didn't down G'huun the first week, well you are fucked.

I don't know if Blizzard guys get onto this forum, but really, Raider.io and Curve need to be put down for the sake of the game not being ruined by morons that can't bear to just be decent people and just play without being monkeys and ask for every dungeon to be a literally a carry.
    Instead of blocking gearscore, they adopted the entire idea and made ilvl the new thing. If anything, we'll end up with a real in-game M+ score before they block these addons.

Also, these addons are not sentient beings, they don't do any actions, therefore they cannot ruin the game. You talk like the fucking idiots who think guns kill people.

Please realize that people are shit to begin with, and then you'll see what the real problem is. Hint: it's not an inanimate piece of code in a tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Thats what Im saying: A system that works like that cannot be used as an evaluation of anyone's actual skill to do content. We do the content and its not measured. Then we re judged on it. Yeah most of us arent top #500 because pugs and whatnot. So top #1000 and top #10.000 doesn't count in a game where supposedly 3-5 million play. GG.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look only 88 posts and already throwing mud at other posters instead of explaining his view of the problem at hand. You will have an awesome carreer posting here mate. A tad unoriginal because we have too many nasties like you but ok.

P.S. Mardux is saying exactly what Im saying. Many others too. You on the other hand are just here to push some post count with petty insults.

- - - Updated - - -

If you know you are good you know it and you don't need anyone else to tell you. This desperate need to have your "achievements" logged shows massive lack of self esteem.

Who you are cannot be validated by me or anyone else. And noone can invalidate you, the same way. It would be like taking home the prom queen and then asking for journalists to come over and see if you are good in bed. Get real people.
    Thinking that you are good and being good are two different things. Warcraftlogs are for me to see how I am doing compared to others and how I can do better. I don't really care what other people think about my logs. Raider.io is doing favor for people who pug m+, there is much lower chance run to be failure if you take scored people. For people who don't like it, can make their own groups and take who ever they want to or actually make friends to play with.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Threads like this present the worst of both extremes of the World of Warcraft community. And we all know that a middle ground doesn't exist.
    When you play the game of wow you're either a hardcore or a pleb, there is no middle ground.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

People use AOTC and raider.io because there are a lot of trash players with high ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    When you play the game of wow you're either a hardcore or a pleb, there is no middle ground.
    That's the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    The score is a measurement of your achievement, has nothing to do with pugging.. just like the PVE score on wowprogress has no relation to pugs.

In my mythic+ group we try to improve our score for fun, it's a way to challenge yourself.

It can be used to pug people sure, but saying it was designed for that is a bit limitative.
    What's the point of the addon if not for pugging? The website and the addon are 2 separate things. The addon that shows people's score in the group finder is definitely designed for pugging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    They are not forced to do anything.
    If they want a score high enough to pug with, they are.

You can't get a good score by only running dungeons that you want loot from. You have to run all the dungeons on a regular basis. And that is entirely down to raider.io. Raider.io could change the way they calculate their score and that would no longer be true. So raider.io is not blameless and neither is it just "reporting Blizzard data" as many people claim. Raider.io score is a formula designed by raider.io and could easily be changed in order to have less ill effects on pugging.

And yet he is saying something similar. Maybe read again until you get it?

As I have explained numerous times my argument is: IF I AM DOING A 10 WITH +3 AND THE SYSTEM ONLY LOGS AN 11 THEN THE SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING AS INTENDED BY THE USERS BECAUSE YES IM NOT TOP 500 BUT I AM CERTAINLY NOT A BAD PLAYER AND SO NOT LOGGING ME FUCKS MY STATISTICS.

Do you get it any better now or still pretending you don't.
    Except that’s not what you said and that’s not what I disputed. You wrote, LITERALLY:

It says: X did a +10 with 2 stars, no points because we dont have slot
    ———
    My +10 3 chest timed Freehold appears as is and no points have been awarded.
    This is not about runs not registering on high pop realms. This is about you claiming that the website DID REGISTER your +10 3chest run but magically didn’t award any points.

I checked your post count, out of 88 posts there are like 10? where you are on topic the rest are just you throwing shit at people for no reason. If you have problems at home or work mate seek help, don't come here to argue. Take this as a friendly advice if you like.
    If you’re stalking random strangers on the internet, I suggest you’re the one who has a problem. You want my home address so you can stalk me in RL too?

I don't care at all about you let alone bother to personally attack you for your clearly ad hominem and butthurt posts. If you don't like my opinion feel free to move on and stop pestering me. You are the one attacking and name calling I am just stating my experience.
    Except you’re not stating experiences, you’re making stuff up because you don’t like the website/addon and you want to incite others to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Blorgo View Post
    "You guys" just want to get carried without the hassle of progressing through lower keys.

Otherwise, why dont you add four of the dozens of people complaining about r.io on the forums, form a group, and run m+ together? Maybe because you're smart and you know that you likely end up spending two hours in a +8 dungeon?

All I read is players complaining that are most likely bad at the game, heavily overastimate themselves and think every group they apply to have no applicants and should be gratefull and instantly invite them. It's like real life. If you dont work hard and get a good cv with good reviews, you'll struggle when applying for a job against someone who has got all that. you may call this unfair as long as you wish but it won't get you anywhere.

Nobody thinks r.io is perfect, especially since not all runs are being tracked. It's good for reducing the risk of joining a nightmare group or inviting a nightmare player. That's all.
    Did you quote the wrong post or do you just always post the same stuff no matter what you're replying to? You quoted a completely neutral statement, but either way, I'm not sure how any of what you ranted about there is related to the suggested PvE MMR.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

If you was able to read you would notice that RIO has a small window next to your "score" with "recent runs". It is there where one can see your last few runs and what stars you achieved (how many +3 chests). And YET, even when this is perfectly logged, it does not necessarily give points. But it is logged. Without points.

So to break it down at your level of cognitive ability: "Logged" ----> No points. If you still don't get it mate sorry but its not my problem.
    And again, it will NOT show up in "recent runs" if it's not in the top 500. If it appears AT ALL on r.io, it will award points. Stop making stuff up.

I will call the cops. Get it?
    ROFL, please, go ahead!

So to break it down at your level of cognitive ability: "Logged" ----> No points. If you still don't get it mate sorry but its not my problem.it?
    People do get that. They are just calling you out on your unregistered +10 3 stars on a medium/high pop EU realm with 80/20 Horde/alliance balance. Last week was the easiest so far. Can you show me a realm that meets your condition? https://raider.io/mythic-plus/realms/eu/previous

What I said stands. You are the one bothered so fix your problem.
    You understand that your whole argument in this tread was based on that?

If it was a one of fluke, that happens with any system, but if it was frequent then I guess there would be more reports of this, and I hope you would notify the raider.io crew (which are very responsive) with a 'Hey, great tool, but I ran into this issue. Bug maybe?'.

If you want to claim however that this was due to the limitations of the Blizzard api, which is a real thing but not for the conditions you describe, and then use this as the foundation to argue about the add on being worthless, then you can't be surprised people being septic about your claim and ask for some sort of substantiation for this extraordinary claim before accepting it.

Instead of accommodating that and substantiating your argument, you have been digging in your heels on this and just dismiss anyone that has raised this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    this is gearscore alover again.

ugh

Create the group and see how it goes inviting random people without checking them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedomys View Post
    People really need to stop using Raider.io and Curve, in fact, Blizzard should just shut them down or block APIs to keep them from scanning chars. People are turning into litteral mongoloids using this and it ruines the game. It's just like the mess the game became at WOTLK when the addon Gearscore was introduced, people went ape shit with delirious prerequisites to enter raids or M+. Just look at Uldir, the next week after it's opening, people were already checking Raider.Io, Curve, or whatever aids was invented to scan progression, and if you didn't down G'huun the first week, well you are fucked.

I don't know if Blizzard guys get onto this forum, but really, Raider.io and Curve need to be put down for the sake of the game not being ruined by morons that can't bear to just be decent people and just play without being monkeys and ask for every dungeon to be a literally a carry.
    Sounds like bad player problems.
    Its helps a lot with making good groups!

-I can't raise my io high enough! raider.io is shit!

Nice memes, specially from Motorman, but anyways its not a perfect tool since it has some flaws (the high population realms + 500 runs limit comes to mind), but it does the job by working as a fast filter for "not up to the task" players, if you want to check even further you can check warcraftlogs and you have basically all you need to invite or decline a player, thanks to raider.io the chance to see meme players are less than going blindly, so its a welcomed tool as long as people don't abuse it by asking like 800 io for a +4 or stuff like that, but it doesn't matter in the end cause those runs are obv gonna be trash since the group leader is basically yelling "i wanna be carried".

Most of the people posting here were probably not playing wow when gearscore existed and so they can't understand what a gangrene they are advocating for.

The sad thing is that most of the devs that existed when gearscore was in place are not with blizzard today so in this new iteration of wow we have shit addons and shit devs that allow them.
    gearscore is the equivalent of ilvl, comparing raider.io with gearscore is retarded on so many lvls its hilarious.

Unsociable people in a MMO are ruining the game. Having friends and a guild circumvents Raider.io and curve.

Ya id say you should be able to make your own group, this isnt a problem at all if you have people to be doing it with to start with.

so if you are that player you are doomed ?

If only you knew what gearscore was. But you felt the need to use the word "retarded" didnt you.

Here's some info to educate you about the massive difference between ilvl and gearscore.

http://et.worldofwarcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Gear_score

Your ignorance is shocking.
    gearscore meassures your gear, ilvl meassures your gear, there are slight differences between both, but they are based on the same principle, while raider.io gives you a score based on the m+ runs you have cleared, they are quite different, so yeah the "retarded" in regards to the comparison stands, sorry.