Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Happy I could watch the Red Sox go to the World Series tonight instead of having to watch the dumpster fire of a game that was on tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Is fantasy a thing for TNF? Cuz I feel like if you have the Broncos D you're feasting.

No clue how it works, forgive me.
    Yes, yes we do, and yes I feasted. 33 points baby!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Their defense forced 5 turnovers against San Francisco, and iirc Jimmy got hurt that game so C.J. was completely cold.
    CJB started that game. The 5-0 in turnovers is what mostly did it. A 75 yard TD due to blown coverage on Arizonas first play of the game didn't help either. Arizona do look a lot worse at the moment so that loss feels like the worst one this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a heads-up:

When is NFL trade deadline 2018?

Teams have until Tuesday, Oct. 30 to make a trade, and 4 p.m. ET is the cut-off time to report a deal to the league office.

NFL usually doesn't do much at the trade deadline, but they also do not usually have players like Le'Veon Bell as potential trade options. There's also rumours of LeSean McCoy being available as well as persistent rumours that the Raiders are shopping around Amari Cooper for a 1st round pick. Not to mention the usual lower interest players, like Deion Buchanon, Tevin Coleman etc.

Patriots have been players in players of secondary interest before, but it's never the players you expect. I also don't see anyone that would be tradeable for the Patriots that would not weaken the roster without much upside. Our players on contracts that are running out are either not interesting to trade for others OR play important roles. All in all I don't expect the Patriots to do much.

- - - Updated - - -

This is pretty cool: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1053104523026284550

Short video about the upcoming 100th NFL season, including several itterations of the logo they'll use.

- - - Updated - - -

Cardinals fired Mike McCoy and turned the OC job over to Byron Leftwich, who's been getting some hype as a good coach. Will be interesting to see how he fares.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it's hard for it to get worse than it was, from what I've heard about yesterday's game. So Leftwich has that going for him. Only way is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Cardinals fired Mike McCoy and turned the OC job over to Byron Leftwich, who's been getting some hype as a good coach. Will be interesting to see how he fares.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it's hard for it to get worse than it was, from what I've heard about yesterday's game. So Leftwich has that going for him. Only way is up.
    Yeesh, just gets worse and worse for Rosen. Seen plenty prospects get ruined by coaching changes. There won't be much change now, which is bad because they're terrible, and then there will be likely change next year.
    /s

It might be interesting if Leftwich collabs with Rosen, as they've both played the QB position. Rosen strikes me as the type of guy who probably wants a bit of a say in how the offense runs, and Leftwich has been working with him all season already, I assume.

Also, I'm glad the Bills decided to hire a former WR coach to be the QB coach knowing we were going to draft a potential franchise QB at the top of the draft. Solid planning, there.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be interesting if Leftwich collabs with Rosen, as they've both played the QB position. Rosen strikes me as the type of guy who probably wants a bit of a say in how the offense runs, and Leftwich has been working with him all season already, I assume.
    At least they made the move quick and they have the long week to try and tailor something that takes better advantage of Rosen's strengths. Not that it matters much when they have no OLine. I would hate to go back to Bradford, and this firing is a move away from that, but its possible that playing Rosen more on this awful team could do more harm than good.
    /s

I wonder who is going to hire McCoy next, and how quick he will get fired next year. He made is 10 games last year and 7 this year.

Also, I'm glad the Bills decided to hire a former WR coach to be the QB coach knowing we were going to draft a potential franchise QB at the top of the draft. Solid planning, there.
    They hired Rick Dennison last year as OC when he didn't have experience doing anything but holding Kubiak's clipboard, so hiring someone had not been a QB coach in 30 years sounds like the same kind of move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Browns just traded RB Carlos Hyde to the Jaguars for a 5th round pick.

Not exactly a surprise. Nick Chubb was the more effective runner and was getting more snaps, and Duke Johnson is the more effective passing back, leaving Hyde to get less and less snaps the past few weeks. Both sides profit here.

Wow..........Carlos Hyde is on my fantasy team, and the Jaguars love to run big bruising backs 30+ times a game. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow..........Carlos Hyde is on my fantasy team, and the Jaguars love to run big bruising backs 30+ times a game. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
    I strongly doubt he starts this week though, just a FYI.

Yeah, I figured as much. Starting in 2 days after being traded on a Friday would be hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yeesh, just gets worse and worse for Rosen. Seen plenty prospects get ruined by coaching changes. There won't be much change now, which is bad because they're terrible, and then there will be likely change next year.
    Seemed to work pretty ok for Goff.

Its amazing that McCoy got fired and I had no clue of it until I just read it here. Thats how given it was I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things worked for Goff, but who is out there that can salvage things? More likely gonna be another Joey Harrington if they don't get things sorted.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots restructured Gilmore's deal to free up some cap space. Wonder what they are after. You would assume they have some trades in mind...

Things worked for Goff, but who is out there that can salvage things? More likely gonna be another Joey Harrington if they don't get things sorted.
    Yeah, people keep on bringing up the Goff example in Buffalo too, and the actual rational thinkers keep asking, "Who's coming in to salvage Josh Allen? McDermott, the defensive head coach, ain't going nowhere. Daboll probably isn't going to be fired after one season where he has no tools to work with."

IDK, they should have somehow convinced Bruce Arians to stay one more year for Josh Rosen. Hindsight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gronk did NOT make the trip with the team to Chicago. That means he's almost certainly not playing. Tough loss if he is indeed out, and worrying for future availability, cause it's not the ankle injury that's been plaguing him but a new back injury. Given his off season back injury that fused 2 vertebrae together that's not good news.

- - - Updated - - -

Just great. Gronk downgraded to doubtful and Hollister out. Means we only have 1 TE healthy, Dwayne Allen, who's basically only blocked this year. Means no 2 TE blocking schemes unless a lineman comes in. Much of our effectiveness in run groupings is that Gronk can block AND catch and makes it hard for the defense to figure out which of the 2 we will do. Now, not at all. Bleugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaaaaand Gronk officially downgraded to out. Now praying it's just one game.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a Lombardi trophy display tent at the Chargers/Titans game in London.

It is literally two empty cabinets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reminder there's an early morning london game atm. Titans and chargers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Man, watching football before noon should be a crime. I know you Californians do it every week, but now my whole day is taken up by football.