Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think HATING the other faction and its players is pretty silly, tbh. You can not like them and whatnot, but I always found this chest pounding faction hate thing just extremely laughable, as if it's some kind of notable personality trait or sense of pride that you hate another pretend faction in a video game. It's nerds pointing fingers at the other side and screaming "NERD". It's why I can't take the "HORDE IS A BUNCH OF EDGELORDS" or "ALLIANCE IS A BUNCH OF EMO BOYES" "HORDE/ALLIANCE BIAS WTF BLIZZ" seriously.

That's just me tho.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I play both factions, I hate neither. All I hate as Sylvanas and the white knights who pretend she is a innocent little girl and they're there to protect her.....for reasons in their heads.

*sigh*
    Nobody roleplays anymore...

It's ok to hate Sylvanas...I mean I LIKE Saurfang...and I LIKE how our boyking Anduin treated him...

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate either faction, I just hate specific characters.
    Pretty much half the Alliance ones (bc their storyarcs are disasters) and some of the Horde leadership (for the same reasons).

The only thing that makes me the most irritated besides that are zealot fans and zealot haters. People always wanna defend their waifus by attacking others, or my favorite -- call everyone that disagrees with them a white knight. People get so disgustingly biased

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I?

Alliance is certainly more boring than Horde, but they're not worth hating.

Hell, Genn alone is more enjoyable than half the Horde.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather dislike people who play Rogues, Mages and Disc Priests in PvP.

Not the whole Horde,no. What the Horde is today is not what the Horde is about - it's a parody and I believe,that someday this nightmare will be over and I will be able to play my Horde characters without feeling shame and guilt of being part of what it has become under the rule of the Sylvanas. Until then,I won't play the Horde and I will indiscriminately attack the Horde players - it's an all out war,just like it was in MoP. You want war? You get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *sigh*
    Nobody roleplays anymore...

It's ok to hate Sylvanas...I mean I LIKE Saurfang...and I LIKE how our boyking Anduin treated him...
    My guild is made up of the entire cast of our RP-intensive D&D game... and we roleplay a sincere belief that the faction war is long past being an offensively racist threat to the well being of Azeroth.

We have sister guilds on both sides of the divide for our sprawling network of double agents, (my bloodelf monk also has a Void elf incarnation of the same name on a connected server) and when the day comes, be it at 9.0 or a decade from now when my bloodelf Paladin is running dungeons with my best friend and guild leader’s Void elf holy priest, our victory will be happily celebrated in more jubilant roleplay!

Is indifference an option?

I can't speak for the rest of the Horde on my server/region but I'm a bit of an asshole to Ally players. I know they cant take me down 1v1 as a BDK and sometimes 1v2 so I give them a bit of grief whenever they're out doing WQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I can't speak for the rest of the Horde on my server/region but I'm a bit of an asshole to Ally players. I know they cant take me down 1v1 as a BDK and sometimes 1v2 so I give them a bit of grief whenever they're out doing WQ.
    Woah,you play a blood DK in pvp - good for you. So original and fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    I am not 12 years old so I don't "hate" either faction. I don't like a lot about both.
    this.

anyone still yelling "fur the hurdz" "fer the aliiaz" is probably up past their bedtime or grounded for not eating their peas.

there are some on this forum though who care about this shit way too much. page long thesis that would put anyone to bed.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Deleted
    i dont hate the horde,just dont like undead and goblin cos their lore .

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Woah,you play a blood DK in pvp - good for you. So original and fun.
    Turn your warmode off then if you don't like dealing with us

Playerwise I'm okay with both. To be honest if you hate the players of the other faction you need to take a step back and remember that it's a game.
    I do get secondhand cringe from the sheer amount of what I can only call Horde fanboys, though. Alliance, too, but other than a weirdly large amount of them on MMO-C they're comparatively rarer.

That being said, lorewise, the modern day BfA Horde is a trainwreck. Horde is where my favorite races and characters are but BfA's Horde is an embarrassment to the entire spirit of the faction. The Horde, born under the orcs, are built around honor in battle, the fight for survival and the glory of battle.
    It's one thing to be led by a tyrant once. It's another to be led by a tyrant, liberated with the help of your unfriendly rivals who then leave peacefully with the terms of upholding honor - not even asking for the conflict to end, but asking them only to fight honorably - to then almost immediately follow another warmongering tyrant all too eager to backstab them for their act of mercy at the first available moment, torching a home of an unrelated people simply for the sake of the domination of a continent.

They can spin it however they want but the Horde in BfA are frankly assholes, to the degree that it made me change my previously long time Horde main to Alliance. The Horde can't even be called anything remotely close to honorable anymore. There are a lot of things I hate about BfA, but BfA's portrayal and in my opinion butchering of the Horde is the worst.
    Last edited by Irian; 2018-10-19 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Turn your warmode off then if you don't like dealing with us
    Why would I do so? I most definetely won't turn it off because of some chickens like you who are too afraid to fight in a dps spec. The good news is that i've encountered a very small number of likes such as you.

Deleted
    You don't have to hate the other faction to enjoy a story revolving around a conflict between the factions.

I let go of faction pride years ago when I started playing both Alliance and Horde (started out as the latter), so no. There are things about both factions I dislike, sure, but there's nothing I hate.

I will say this, though:
    Playing as Horde has never been more interesting, because I get to question - and, in very small, personal ways, decide - whether or not I'm the bad guy. This time around I'm not playing as the 'stalwart hero' like I do with the Alliance.

As for what Blizzard could add to keep people engaged with this narrative, more of what we saw on the Horde side in the Battle for Lordaeron scenario where you could decide whether to focus on plague bombing the Alliance or heal wounded soldiers; and in the upcoming Darkshore scenario where you get to choose if you're going to kill Sira or not.

It doesn't (and wouldn't) affect the overall story, but it would feel a lot more personal and add a little flavor.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-11-08 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    The Alliance? Ew...

From my experience, many Ally fans have quite repulsive personalities due to their holier-than-thou attitude.
    The irony is positively oozing out of this post...

On-topic: I main Alliance and I don't hate the Horde. In fact, I like more Horde characters than I do Alliance ones. And I generally find myself agreeing with Horde players around here too.

There's only one type of player I really don't like, and there's plenty of them on both sides (though they seem to lean more towards the Horde).

Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    Ofc we hate the Alliance, a bunch of kids, edgelords and furries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    Horde are a bunch of dirty scavengers.
    For example.

As someone that plays both factions, I've always found the idea that there's a difference between "Alliance players" and "Horde players" utterly stupid.

That said, I REALLY hate the Horde npcs right now starting/enabling this fucking stupid storyline.