Thread: 8.1 ptr vulpera

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    nothing in this is merely true, there was a lot of people guessing this shit after the rexxar model
    As someone who has personally known several Blizz leakers, this information is probably pretty accurate. People fail to understand that these leaks come from early or mid-term development, where rewrites and reimagines can happen (and a lot of the time do happen, especially when Blizz is aware initial plans became leaked).

Imagine if the early WoD concepts were leaked and no one ever knew they were actually confirmed concepts. You'd have leaks saying shit like GARROSH MAKES A NEW HORDE OUT OF GNOLLS AND KOBOLDS and people would be like "lmfaooo fake leak fake leak lol fag".

Meh, I wouldn't mind them as an allied race. To me the allied races are exactly that, allies we've made as we've gone through expansions. If we are friendly with them, why not? Are they a little too cutesie? Maybe. But sometimes you need a cutesie friend to befriend your enemies and then stab them in the shin.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Man I laughed pretty hard Purge squad, fucking gold.

inb4 Anduin goes "I was secretly negotiating to bring the Vulpera into the Alliance Jaina Purge squad leader, how could you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    You mean, Blizzard made post-Alpha improvements on their character models ? Quite impressive indeed.
    They obviously created Vulperas from scratch knowing it would be well-received within their 2018 player profile objective. Videogames don't care about 30+ people, they now want to grab 12-15yo who will have a lot more gametime and a lot less problems with real-money transactions than older people.

As soon as they were created, they were planned as Allied Race.
    Spot on.

Additionally, the idea that Blizz pivoted on their Allied Race plans because of Alpha feedback is hilariously naive. This is the same company who has yet to change Chihuahua Ladies and didn't update models for BC races until 8 years after publishing. No, I'm afraid that your voice as a player is not nearly as meaningful as you want it it to be.

That should be a life lesson. You're not that important to people who don't know or give a shit about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    the bitching by ppl who were once antielf now being anti vulpera are also that want a savage bloodthirsty horde BUT not be evil.....
    Yeah, there's no contradiction there. Sorry, but that comment doesn't really work in any way.

Vulpera clash with the Horde established in WCIII, which wasn't evil. Plus, a "savage and bloodthirsty Horde" and "being not evil" aren't mutually exclusive. Your post is really just an all-around trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Yeah, there's no contradiction there. Sorry, but that comment doesn't really work in any way.

Vulpera clash with the Horde established in WCIII, which wasn't evil. Plus, a "savage and bloodthirsty Horde" and "being not evil" aren't mutually exclusive. Your post is really just an all-around trainwreck.
    To be fair, from a lore stand point, you'd have to ask yourself if Thrall and Cairne would have opposed the inclusion of Vulpera into the Horde back then. Sure, they don't have much to offer but Thrall was always fair and sympathetic to downtrodden people, it's part of his character because he can relate to them from his own people's time in the internment camps. You object the inclusion of Vulpera when it's more than likely they would have been invited by Thrall and Cairne in WCIII, that wouldn't have been out of character for them.

And again, while they offer nothing militarily, back then The Horde was about survival, not conquest and dominance like Garrosh's Horde or now Sylvanas.

And the Horde aesthetic identity as it once was is gone. The Horde never got Ogres, it now has Undead, Blood Elves, Pandaren and Nightborne as you said so it's not like The Horde identity you're advocating for can or will ever return with or without Vulpera.

@Wildberry @Kyphael

For me at least, the ideal Horde would be one that's major focus is orcs, trolls, tauren and goblins with no belves (deserve their own faction), forsaken (same) and nightborne (same).

Ideally the Warchief would be an orc, one that is diplomatic but not a pushover either. Races like hozen and vulpera would be fine as well as they mesh well with the more primitive aesthetic with the Horde.

I also wouldn't mind seeing centaurs and quilboar being annexed into the Horde, although that might be impossible given the bad blood between them and tauren and orcs.

Imo the Horde should be like 50% orc, 20% troll, 20% tauren, 5% ogre and half-ogre, 3% goblin and like 2% other races.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-10-19 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    People care way too much about what the intentions of the people playing a race are rofl. Who cares if Vulpera are furry foxes? How does that actually matter at all? This has never been a serious game, it was always meant to be more cartoony than the average MMO.
    I still consider it to be a serious game. The main plot is serious, it's the sub-plots that are tongue-in-cheek and provide comic relief. Like Wrath where the Lich King story and Yogg-Saron's main plots were thrilling and engaging, and then you had your character having diarrhea in an outhouse in Grizzly Hills. It has a bit of everything but the driving forces and main races are definitely serious.

Gnomes, goblins, and now Vulpera and the like just provide that levity. They have their place.

For me it's just another new shiny toy blizzard implemented, another new race that just came out and took the limited allied race spot.
    Blizzard could really easily implement the same tactic to bring some other, old OG races that people have been asking for years to join horde or alliance

Put some specific race outpost in one of the new zones or old zones, either alliance or horde attacks it, send purge squads or whatever - the same results and Ion's ''We choose Allied races that fit the current narrative'' way of thinking is still there.

And the thing that vulperas pushed back chances for at least half ogres(chances at having anything ogre) playable makes me don't like it even more.

Deleted
    i just want new goblin and worgen models pls

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    For me it's just another new shiny toy blizzard implemented, another new race that just came out and took the limited allied race spot.
    We have 1001 reasons to be worried about future of this game, but this isn't one of them. As long as paid race change exists, there won't be any limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    We have 1001 reasons to be worried about future of this game, but this isn't one of them. As long as paid race change exists, there won't be any limits.
    Maybe not limited, but granted in this expansion. Allied race is the core system, i was personally waiting for system like this for years and most races are just some newly introduced ones and took most of the available spots for this expansion. We don't know if they will add any allied race in next expansion or the next one like Ion said it won't be a main system in the next expansions, so we are going back to square one - allied race system happen, but most OG races have been forgotten just to add new shiny ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Maybe not limited, but granted in this expansion. Allied race is the core system, i was personally waiting for system like this for years and most races are just some newly introduced ones and took most of the available spots for this expansion. We don't know if they will add any allied race in next expansion or the next one like Ion said it won't be a main system in the next expansions, so we are going back to square one - allied race system happen, but most OG races have been forgotten just to add new shiny ones.
    I agree with this, it's been a partial let down for me too on that front. While Dark Irons, Thalassian models for alliance, Mag'har and even Nightborne on Horde seves its purpose, Lightforged Draenei and Tauren with antlers was about as lazy as you could get. Arakkoa for example has been requested for YEARS, and they share a skeleton/rig that wouldn't make it difficult to make them playable with their revamp in WoD. Did we get them? No, we got tattooed "HOLIER" Draenei and antlers on Tauren that could have been a horn/tattoo customize on regular Tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I believe the reason you don't understand is that you are trying to treat the objections rationally.

I believe the objection is emotive, some people just don't want a cute anthropomorphic fox in the Horde as it shatters a certain image of what the Horde is.

On one level I can understand it, but on the other I'm the sort of person who believes diversity makes the faction more interesting overall.

There is nothing quite like the Vulpera in the Horde. For that reason alone, they earn a spot.
    I try to treat everything rationally, whenever possible - the Internet's not so great when it comes to implied emotional context, and I've always had an easier time taking things at more or less face-value. You're probably right as concerns people's image of what the Horde is - or perhaps it's just a disagreement on what the Horde actually is. The Horde runs the gamut of influences, from the savage, tribal, and quasi-nomadic natures of the Orcs, Tauren, and Darkspear Trolls to the fantastic, cosmopolitan, and sorcerous trappings of the Blood Elves and Nightborne. The Alliance has a kind of social or technical barrier to entry that the Horde lacks - order vs. chaos, law vs. anarchy, and all that kind of thing. Aesthetically speaking the Horde is a tapestry of influences, from the rustic and primal Orcish one to the more fantastic and magical Elven style - up to and including the Gothic tumbledown of the Forsaken and the slapdash steampunk Goblin influence. Throwing in some vagabond traders with vague desert trappings isn't going to hurt the Horde's already chaotic melding of styles.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I try to treat everything rationally, whenever possible - the Internet's not so great when it comes to implied emotional context, and I've always had an easier time taking things at more or less face-value. You're probably right as concerns people's image of what the Horde is - or perhaps it's just a disagreement on what the Horde actually is. The Horde runs the gamut of influences, from the savage, tribal, and quasi-nomadic natures of the Orcs, Tauren, and Darkspear Trolls to the fantastic, cosmopolitan, and sorcerous trappings of the Blood Elves and Nightborne. The Alliance has a kind of social or technical barrier to entry that the Horde lacks - order vs. chaos, law vs. anarchy, and all that kind of thing. Aesthetically speaking the Horde is a tapestry of influences, from the rustic and primal Orcish one to the more fantastic and magical Elven style - up to and including the Gothic tumbledown of the Forsaken and the slapdash steampunk Goblin influence. Throwing in some vagabond traders with vague desert trappings isn't going to hurt the Horde's already chaotic melding of styles.
    That's hitting it on the nose. Look at what they had to do with Worgen to make them playable. They had to make them aristocratic, Victorian-time, British-styled people who are actually quite civil after regaining their minds from the Worgen curse. I'm not saying we should have gotten the mindless predators from Darkshire, but a closer comparison to what the Worgen look like when playable would be the Saberon, another requested allied race. If the Saberon were to join the Horde, I don't think Blizzard would have to change who they are as a race--ferocious, territorial predators. With the alliance, nothing of the sort would have worked and playable Worgen HAD to become essentially Gilneans--"good" werewolves who use their curse for strength but can sit down in the war room with Anduin and talk battle strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That's hitting it on the nose. Look at what they had to do with Worgen to make them playable. They had to make them aristocratic, Victorian-time, British-styled people who are actually quite civil after regaining their minds from the Worgen curse. I'm not saying we should have gotten the mindless predators from Darkshire, but a closer comparison to what the Worgen look like when playable would be the Saberon, another requested allied race. If the Saberon were to join the Horde, I don't think Blizzard would have to change who they are as a race--ferocious, territorial predators. With the alliance, nothing of the sort would have worked and playable Worgen HAD to become essentially Gilneans--"good" werewolves who use their curse for strength but can sit down in the war room with Anduin and talk battle strategy.
    That's why I'm hoping for Sethrak for the Alliance - redeemed faithless specifically, to have a sorta "monster" race who still act like it but are trying to be better, I think it would be a good shakeup of the Alliance. Basically they would be what Worgen were supposed to be before Blizzard decided a more apt development path was to just make them angry British fursuiters.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    That's why I'm hoping for Sethrak for the Alliance - redeemed faithless specifically, to have a sorta "monster" race who still act like it but are trying to be better, I think it would be a good shakeup of the Alliance. Basically they would be what Worgen were supposed to be before Blizzard decided a more apt development path was to just make them angry British fursuiters.
    It was definitely the easiest way for Blizzard to implement them into the Alliance, or so they thought. That's why I don't think the Sethrak would be the alliance's monster race much, either, they would likely strip them of all their ferocity like they did the Night Elves and Worgen to justify them standing alongside Anduin and the alliance.

Now that we're on the subject, weren't the worgen of Duskwood originally from a "different universe" brought here through a portal? I seem to recall that was their origins back in Classic, and then came the Gilnean retcon and model update.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would pay extra money to have Vulpera as a playable race.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Vulpera? They are not badass, they are not cool (they hide from danger instead of fighting like real warriors), and they are led by a nobody.
    Before making false claims, at least read the wiki-article about the Vulpera if you can't be arsed to play their questline. And quite honestly; Alleria Windrunner is a worse Mary-Sue-character than... quite frankly she is up there with the big ones, few beat EdgeLady here. Sylvanas at least has a coherent plotline and not "LolVoidlords". So... just don't. Please. Just stop.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

https://i.imgur.com/xef1S0e.png

https://preview.redd.it/nsa9naky84t1...=webp&f64921e7

this is the horde today. can you see it? imagine how worse things will become with vulpera. my god. this is......this is so sad. like really sad. i actually feel horrible.