Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Oh indeed it's fun by itself but when you're literally two expansions behind it becomes a mountain to climb to actually see the new stuff.
    It was just the thing for a WoW content draught, though.

Nuffin'
    Found myself in a rut when playing WoW, so went back to GW2 this week and am having a blast.

Like SWTOR, it's on autopilot from developing company and relies on a small art team making new things for it's pay-real-money-for-stuff shop.

MMO games are pretty much Capitalism-ed to death, and we can thank Activision, Electronic Arts and various greedy, no-talent, lazy developers for the state of the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    Like SWTOR, it's on autopilot from developing company and relies on a small art team making new things for it's pay-real-money-for-stuff shop.
    First time I hear that having a new map with a new story and occasional fractals and raids every three months is autopilot. E3 and E4 alone have more content than SWTOR released in the last two years since KotET.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Not at all. It's still getting quarterly story updates that include new zones (sometimes not the best, but Jahai Bluffs seems pretty popular), plenty of collections, occasional fractals/raids (new raid wing came with the last update) and a few hours of new living story content.

MMO games are pretty much Capitalism-ed to death, and we can thank Activision, Electronic Arts and various greedy, no-talent, lazy developers for the state of the genre.
    It's a B2P game, the cash shop is how they sustain revenue outside of box purchases, and GW2 has one of the better cash shops around. Mostly focused on cosmetics, and the convenience items don't impact power/balance and are usually pretty popular. There's no optional sub.

I get that this may be your opinion, but it's not reflective of the reality of how GW2 and SWTOR are supported respectively, nor of the status of GW2 right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember my details. Hah...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

My own patience issues with games, despite mmorpgs being my favorite genre, none grip me anymore, I recently tried Gw2 again after WIldstars shutdown announcement and I had a really good time playing it but after a few days I just stopped logging in... same thing happened when I tried Trove again and recently I haven't had an urge to play Maplestory 2 again. GW2 is arguably the best non sub mmo on the market now so I should really try to push through.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Too many games to keep playing them all, I will probably return to GW2 once I get to the point where I am only logging onto wow in order to raid, which usually happens near the end of a raid tier, so maybe in the time between Battle of Dazar'alor and whatever raid tier is after that.

well same thing that keeps me from playing any other mmo: wow is just better and even if it's not it will be next xpac...

i tried a number of them including GW2 i never even thought for a moment that they could replace wow for me

except swtor, the frist month of the release i thought that's it, we have a new king, but this game has been left to rot, a monument to wasted potential

10+ Year Old Account

I mean people say that but GW2 hasn't ceased to release new content now has it reached the point where near content is just a reskin of old. Hell, they have a new team of VAs for new content.

They just released a new raid wing and the next one is nearly done.

The last living story update came out what? Last month, and was one of the larger ones.

Its amazing that this game basically sustains itself on boxes and biweekly skin sales, usually just one or two skins at that. The prices are pretty low too.

I can't one of the skins on the item shop for the same amount of money to deck out a toon in top tier gear, which is pretty easy to do after a few months of playing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not at all. It's still getting quarterly story updates that include new zones (sometimes not the best, but Jahai Bluffs seems pretty popular), plenty of collections, occasional fractals/raids (new raid wing came with the last update) and a few hours of new living story content.

It's a B2P game, the cash shop is how they sustain revenue outside of box purchases, and GW2 has one of the better cash shops around. Mostly focused on cosmetics, and the convenience items don't impact power/balance and are usually pretty popular. There's no optional sub.

I get that this may be your opinion, but it's not reflective of the reality of how GW2 and SWTOR are supported respectively, nor of the status of GW2 right now.
    It is a matter of perspective of course. To me, if a developer that has a ton of backing isn't going full bore 100% into the MMO every day to create new content for monthly releases as well as yearly or 1.5 yearly releases of expansions, then they are basically relegating the entire project to "autopilot". When you have any less than a complete (not just full, COMPLETE and ROUNDED) staff and your updates are trivial in nature and/or far and few between, then that game is not important enough to warrant continued backing and therefore not important enough for me to dedicate my time and disposable income to.

Electronic Arts, Activision, NCSoft and their puppet companies have all proven that - EVERY - SINGLE - TIME - they take control, what they touch withers into a shell of its former self. Only World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, and arguably Elder Scrolls Online (I have my reasons for this one) are truly on the sword tip of MMO development at this point. They release content that is both relatively meaningful and progressive in the game's environment and most of all they are supported by a team of people who have consistent backing for every new project and challenge.

GW2 does not meet that criteria and here's why. While it may have sparse but somewhat meaningful content releases, that's all it has, and arguably that content isn't very high quality for the timeframe it was given. ALSO, NCSoft is lord and master of no less than 5 MMORPG games developed by 5 separate puppet companies. You CANNOT seriously back 5 separate major franchises with the kind of revenue-making schemes they rely on. Cash-for-Pixels and Cash-for-Boosts is a great way to make money, but they are entirely counter-productive to creating a quality MMORPG, and GW2 relies almost entirely on this to stay online. World of Warcraft survived over 5 years without a cash shop at all, using only good old fashioned hard work and the monthly subscription model. Then, with both consumer time investment and their business's financial investment going for it, it steamrolled to almost a DECADE AND A HALF with at times over 2 or 3 million active subscriptions.

If a game developer isn't going to put the kind of effort into their MMORPG that Blizzard did, or at least have the humility and honor to fix major flaws like Square Enix did with FFXIV:ARR, then it's not worth anyone's time, and therefore, a game made to be on autopilot.

That's my point of view.

For one, it's not good

isn't going full bore 100% into the MMO every day to create new content for monthly releases as well as yearly or 1.5 yearly releases of expansions
    No MMO you've mentioned has monthly releases or 1.5 year expansions, both WoW and FFXIV has the same three months patch cadence and 2 year expansion cadence as GW2.
    When you have any less than a complete (not just full, COMPLETE and ROUNDED) staff and your updates are trivial in nature and/or far and few between
    That's abstract and, thus, meaningless line.
    Electronic Arts, Activision, NCSoft and their puppet companies have all proven that - EVERY - SINGLE - TIME - they take control, what they touch withers into a shell of its former self. Only World of Warcraft
    Thanks for the laugh.
    They release content that is both relatively meaningful and progressive in the game's environment and most of all they are supported by a team of people who have consistent backing for every new project and challenge.
    I don't see how GW2 releases less than e.g. FFXIV. They've released same six raid wings since 2015, mostly same amount of new story content, FFXIV hadn't released a single new zone in patch vs GW2 releasing one every patch, new dungeons are pretty rare in FFXIV too, they are mostly using the same assets (HoH and PotD) or same dungeons but in different layout (any hardmode).
    ALSO, NCSoft is lord and master of no less than 5 MMORPG games developed by 5 separate puppet companies.
    Arena.net publishes GW2 by itself since HoT.
    Cash-for-Pixels and Cash-for-Boosts is a great way to make money, but they are entirely counter-productive to creating a quality MMORPG, and GW2 relies almost entirely on this to stay online.
    GW2 cash shop is less greedy than FFXIV's and the latter also has mandatory $15 subscription, while GW2's only other source of money is b2p expansions (which, again, are more expensive in FFXIV's case).
    Basically, you don't know shit about GW2 and can't even formulate list of issues properly. I'm all for different opinions, but you don't even have one, it's a list of generalized bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boredom of classes and the fact that their attempted trinity system is still utter garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    they wont give me my account back because I cant find my CD key...
    You don't need your CD key. I needed change my authenticator but didn't know my key. They ask you some alternative information

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Greetings champions, good to see you, as always.

This is a question for those who do not play Guild Wars 2 - either people that have already played it, or those who didn't try the game yet and lack something to try it.

What's preventing you from coming back or playing this game?
    The only thing that's really preventing me from coming back to GW2 is the metric ton of other incredible games I have yet to even play.

I love that we basically live in a golden age of games to choose from, but I hate that t here aren't more hours in the day for me to play.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been spoiled by WoW's artifact weapons, and the progression system tied to it. I like end-game casual progression because I'm not in a guild, and probably never WILL be. Guilds come with expectations. I don't particularly identify with meeting online expectations, and the mastery system doesn't hit the same spot for me that artifact traits did. I like my end-game progression to be power-based, I want to be able to actually outgear stuff (Which you CAN'T in Gw2). The game is visually impressive, and evokes a sense that I'm looking at a painting, but it will never hold me for longer than an hour, at best. Because its content wasn't made to keep people playing longer than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I've been spoiled by WoW's artifact weapons, and the progression system tied to it. I like end-game casual progression because I'm not in a guild, and probably never WILL be. Guilds come with expectations. I don't particularly identify with meeting online expectations, and the mastery system doesn't hit the same spot for me that artifact traits did. I like my end-game progression to be power-based, I want to be able to actually outgear stuff (Which you CAN'T in Gw2). The game is visually impressive, and evokes a sense that I'm looking at a painting, but it will never hold me for longer than an hour, at best. Because its content wasn't made to keep people playing longer than that.
    I like this take. GW2 is my MMO choice but I completly understand why everyone doesn't like it. A lot of people aren't honest about why they don't like it (or don't know what they want).

They ruined competitive PVP with their complete inept and underdeveloped ideas, and PVE is a complete joke

Haven't played in years though, but the game is a massive disgrace to GW1, and as a standalone game it's pretty much a shitty dress-up game with lootboxes

You might as well just play FFXIV at that point, with all the other cosmetic fanatics, at least it has "semi"-decent pve

Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post
    They ruined competitive PVP with their complete inept and underdeveloped ideas, and PVE is a complete joke

Haven't played in years though, but the game is a massive disgrace to GW1, and as a standalone game it's pretty much a shitty dress-up game with lootboxes

You might as well just play FFXIV at that point, with all the other cosmetic fanatics, at least it has "semi"-decent pve
    How can you make your initial statement and begin the next sentence with that horrible statement?