Poll: World of StarCraft for replace WoW

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I could see a Starcraft MMO, if they innovated on what an MMO could be.

For example, an interesting Character Progression could be centered around the same progression Jim Rayner experienced. He went from "lone Sherif on a backwater planet" to "Commanding General of an entire rebel fleet." But the SC2 campaign made clear that he still had plenty of reasons to get on the ground himself.

And no, I'm not thinking anything like Mission Tables...like at all. It would have to be ambitious as fuck, some combination of EVE, Star Citizen, AI NPC's linked to your character, so they keep doing stuff in real time while you're off on another planet. Space and ground combat systems.... I'm dreaming of there being a truly persistent MMO world again. lol.

But yeah, don't expect anything to actually be made. lol.

BLizz isnt going to make a game that is in direction competition of one of their own games.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it could be pretty fucking cool if done right.

would be more interesting than world of diablo, i think.
    Agreed. I like the diablo art and lore a lot more. If a Diablo MMO came out I'd definitely play it.

I can't see how a Starcraft MMO would be popular anywhere outside of Asia. Then again, I haven't played it since SC2 launched. I played the hell out of the first one at LAN parties though.
    Last edited by sil3ntearth; 2018-10-19 at 04:36 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After the mess that was SC2 (namely Kerrigan) no thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Also...has everyone forgotten TITAN?
    I remember.

They tried to make an MMO, and failed miserably. So they litearly just made OW instead.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Starcraft Universe would be cool, but a lot to implement. You'd need a massive player base, look at Star Wars, multiple worlds is a lot more difficult to make feel MMO than a single world with easily moved through zones. I don't see Blizzard taking on this task mostly because of that. I think we'd see SC3 before that.

I don't like Starcraft, I've always considered it the weakest of the Blizzard franchises. I'd much rather see a Diablo MMO and try to go for a much more dark/gothic style and not so cartoonish like WoW. I'd like to see demons actually act like demons and not ogres with red skins. A MMORPG taking place in space just doesn't interest me, thats why I'm not a huge fan of Outland and Argus (though Outland at least had some good lore behind it, I only wish they didn't go overboard with all the sci-fi stuff like the draenei technology and spaceships).

Deleted

No thanks. Sci fi and MMORPG are like water and oil to me.

Deleted
    would be the same as wow but diff skins and in space.. !!!

Deleted
    i see alot of people denying a starcraft mmo cuz they dont like sci fi becuae of the theme or smthing like that
    A starcraft mmo, can literally include any kind of environment and more. With many planets and galaxies you could have any theme and legit anything. way more than world of warcraft

no; I hate sci fi games.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    I don't think Blizzard is about to launch a new MMO any time soon. That time is past. That said, if they made a Starcraft RPG a la Mass Effect, that'd be cool.
    Now that would be fun. I'm a huge Mass Effect fan and would love to see a Starcraft rpg done in same manner as ME.

only if they do something really bold.

- Terran has overwatch FPS type of game play (with RPG stat of course)
    - Protoss has traditional tap targeting.
    - Zerg is played like Diablo with top down view (Because you are controlling them as an overlord!)

Now all 3 vastly different playstyle smashed into same world and have unbalanced 3 way pvp of pure fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    A StarCraft MMO would be great.

It would not be great if it replaced World of Warcraft. If Blizzard wants to do both they can certainly do that. I don't think they will though. And they won't replace World of Warcraft with it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Just add Terran to the alliance and protoss to the horde and all will be well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    no; I hate sci fi games.
    Sorry to break it to you but wow is sci-fi and high fantasy. We have interstellar space ships and aliens aplenty

I was about to say that I'm not sure a RTS could be translated into a MMO well
    That was before I realised the absurdity of what I was about to say

But all in all it depends on how they do it,I really like the universe,so if they ever make a good SC MMO,I'd be up to try,I mean you can't really do better than Blizzard when it comes to MMO making track record (as much as some people here will say otherwise)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    only if they do something really bold.

- Terran has overwatch FPS type of game play (with RPG stat of course)
    - Protoss has traditional tap targeting.
    - Zerg is played like Diablo with top down view (Because you are controlling them as an overlord!)

Now all 3 vastly different playstyle smashed into same world and have unbalanced 3 way pvp of pure fun.
    sometimes,unbalanced stuff is funnier,when it's not meant to be balanced,so could be fun to try at least

Replace? Hell no.

Could it be viable? Probably.

Is it likely to be successful and/or fun? Hard to say, but I'd be very skeptical.

Is it the best route for the Starcraft franchise to take? Almost certainly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Your counterpoint is invalid. StarCraft, while intriguing, has nothing on WarCraft has far as depth of characters and iconic locations. WarCraft still has plenty of loose ends to tie up and even more story to give. BfA introduced entirely new cultures that had only been hinted at in existing lore. If anything this should be the wake up call that we've only just begun. I just do not believe StarCraft could give me an experience rooted in Sci-Fi nearly as rich as the Fantasy world I have now. I like Sci-Fi and Technology don't get me wrong... but I like Magic and Dragons more.
    None of that matter cause MMO sc could be a non-shit game and wow is currently shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    I was wondering for a while with HotS and LotV if they were setting up a Starcraft RPG of some sort, not necessarily World of Starcraft.

They replaced Arcturus with a non douchebag leader.
    Introduced Primal Zerg as free willed zerg that could be PCs. New zerg leader.
    Removal of protoss mind link, showing different protoss factions so they're not a monolith.

Nothing ever came of it though so I suspect I was just reading too much into things.
    Blizzard doesn't do single player games. No, D3 is a joke as a single player. They don't because it's not very profitable to make those, as they have very large production costs and you can't sell rng lootboxes to kids with their mom's credit card, nor do they have a subscription.

Blizzard is all about casual pvp-centric multiplayer games that give gambling addiction to kids.

Btw, whatever happened to the laws against lootboxes? Why is EA taking all the shit while Activision is just whistling innocently in a corner?
    Last edited by mmocb32a24d4db; 2018-10-20 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I'd rather a Diablo MMO in Sanctuary. If done in a dark and gothic setting
    So would I. A Diablo MMO would have to be rated M though otherwise it'd be trash, and I don't know if Blizzard would be willing to do that. Would be awesome if they did.