Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    We pretty much reached apex point of meme writing.
    We thought Johnny Awesome was the apex but they've managed to climb higher.

this back and forth is getting long @_@
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Well sylvanas is to blame for the forsaken being in a bad situation with the Alliance, since she as their leader commanded them to turn on the survivors of Lordaeron they had just allied with. As for Garithos' current image to the Alliance, he is dead and was never mentioned again. You are welcome to ask Metzen what the Alliance thinks of him since we have nothing to go by after his death in WC3. The time after Arthas destroyed Lordaeron was very chaotic for the fractured Alliance, I know as little as you do about if the new Grand Alliance's position about Garithos. If he was a traitor for trying to kill the leader of a previously allied nation and lying to the Kirin Tor or not. But given how there's so much mention, remembrance, statues, etc, of so many Alliance characters from that era and not a single peep from Garithos I would assume his reputation isn't spotless or at the very least he was considered someone not worth looking up to or remembering.
    Going by the lack of mention of him and the situation that Sylvanas found him in, I think it's best to assume that the Alliance gave him up for dead. And the only one we know of dying was Garithos.
    With Anduin leader of the Alliance and the Stormwind Humans acknowledging the rift between his people and the Forsaken being on him, I'd say Sylvanas isn't to blame at all for her current situation because of Garithos, but just the natural hostilities between the living and the undead.
    I'd love to ask Metzen a lot of questions, like wtf did he chose to voice so many important characters.
    There is no justification for anything Garithos did regarding Kael and his people. That aside Garithos has no rule over the Kirin Tor or the council of six, specially during those days. We don't know beyond a doubt how the city that has always been open to elves, since it's inception to today, and is pretty much half elf population, would have ruled on the case of a racist accusing the new King of Silvermoon of treason for being rescued by Nagas. But given the scenario I don't think it would have gone badly for Kael. In the end we will never know.
    I won't argue much of this, besides that it's never been argued or contested by the Kirin Tor that they would have stopped it. Garithos was in charge of all the Alliance forces in the area, working out of Dalaran as his HQ. But I can believe that Dalaran's abandonment of him may have had something to do with how he treated the Elves and Dwarves.

No. When sylvanas, leader of the forsaken, orders her faction to betray and kill the Lordaeron survivors she had just allied with it is an act of open aggresion and proves to the Alliance they can expect a dagger on the back at any point. And when Garithos, a warlord trying to conquer the land of a destroyed kingdom, takes Kael and his elves prisoner to take to trial to Dalran is not an act from the Alliance. If the trial had actually occurred and they had sentenced and killed Kael then you could stretch it to say it is the same situation, but a real comparison would have been if Garithos would have just cut down Kael and his people on the spot and that would be completely indefensible and exactly what sylvans tried to do.
    But where is it ever shown that she betrayed and killed survivors of Lordaeron? She freed a bunch of Garithos' men and they just took Lordaeron which was filled with undead under the the control of a Dreadlord and all we ever see his Garithos die. An act that the Alliance never learned of.

And we're back to the Kael thing, which is again, heavily stated that they were going to be executed. This is cause for the Blood Elves to join the Horde and see the Alliance as enemies(reinforced later when Night Elves attack them).

Sylvanas' act against Garithos, Alliance has no knowledge of. Kael and his people's execution is never contested.
    That was also after the Horde aligned Sunreavers were allowed into Dalaran and helped the Horde obtain weapons of mass destruction, one being part of creating basically a nuke. I guess all that is comparable to "they got help from Nagas from the suicide mission I sent them on" clearly the situations are exactly the same... I refuse to believe someone really thinks that.
    Let me quote you something from the wiki
    "Aethas was present when Jaina Proudmoore traveled to Dalaran to beseech the Kirin Tor's aid in the looming battle against Garrosh Hellscream. Though ostensibly neutral, the Six agreed to discuss the possibility of lending aid as a "deterrence" to conflict of this scale, though Aethas made it clear to Jaina that once the Horde had seen its prize, this would likely not be enough to deter them from their attack.[7] Still, Aethas cast the deciding vote, in favor of sending a token force to Theramore, reasoning that not doing so would be tacitly aiding the Horde. Both Aethas and Rhonin recommended a mage named Thalen Songweaver for the task.

During the battle, however, Thalen turned on his Kirin Tor comrades, revealing himself as a spy for Garrosh Hellscream, abandoning his post and assisting the Horde army in breaking through. Theramore was promptly annihilated via mana bomb, in a particularly brutal and lingering fashion.

Enraged, Jaina went on the warpath, and traveled to Dalaran once more to demand their aid. However, this time they were unwilling to give it, having lost their leader as a direct result of getting involved in the war. Aethas maintained that he had no part in Thalen's treachery, stating that he will make any amends he can for the treachery of Songweaver, and pointed out the presence of traitors in any given race. He furthermore told Jaina that the Kirin Tor breaking their neutrality for vengeance is not the answer, a sentiment the Council of Six agree with. Though agitated by this turn of events, Aethas and the Six still agreed to consider all options. When denied their aid, Jaina instead stole certain tomes regarding the Focusing Iris, and left to bring about her own retaliation."
    ^Quotes ends^

Aethis, leader of the Sunreavers agreed to aid Theramore, which was an enemy to the Horde. Thalen, who was an agent of Garrosh developed the bomb and betrayed the Kirin Tor and Theramore, not the Sunreavers. Afterwards the Kirin Tor regretted getting involved and refused to get revenge or aid jaina further... then she stole from them.

Now this had nothing to do with the Purge, but I'm glad you brought it up, because it shows the bias Dalaran had for the Alliance in the first place and the consequences they suffered for it.
    Now the Purge is a different scenario. The Sunreavers and Aethis who had nothing to do with Theramore's bombing, wanted to back out of the Horde and just remain Dalaran citizens, with Aethis even trying to convince Lor'themar to do so aswell. Lor'themar was also in talks with Varian to join the Alliance, when Jaina was doing her doing the Alliance bias act again. The Horde using a portal from Dalaran to get to the Divine Bell(that Jaina was aiding the Alliance with) was then the spark that caused Jaina to allow Alliance soldiers into Dalaran and the Silver Covenant to run around killing innocent civilians of Dalaran who shared the same eye color as the Horde Blood Elves, oh and some were locked away.
    Then the Six realizing that Jaina is just fucking retarded, went and allowed the Horde back into the city again and allowed the Sunreavers to take back their homes. Which then caused batshit Jaina to bail on them when the Legion was invading the world(just like she did to Varian at the Broken Shore)
    No. It's just a fact. The Bilgewater goblins join the horde directly because the Alliance was aggressive to them unjustly. The rest is just saying the circumstances are vague and never fully explained, but the point is the same, the Alliance did wrong and it led that goblin cartel to join the horde. I don't know why you are hung up on it, maybe you think I was saying those things as an excuse, I was just elaborating on the quest text during Cata because the whole situation was just weird. But none of it is an excuse, it was the wrong thing to do period.
    Alright, while it just seemed like you were giving alluding to excuses and blaming Garrosh for it.
    To me the thing with the two is the horde doesn't believe in atonement or responsibility while the alliance believes so much in it it can almost get them killed like in the Siege of Undercity. Murdering innocents for no reason is not the Alliance way and should never be done. It doesn't make them interesting or much less is it a characteristic that's needed. Sorry but I'm not concerned in the least a horde player thinks my faction is boring, it's no surprise since we are ideological opposites. If you want a faction to turn evil so it's not "boring" you have your own faction already doing that, if that's what appeals to you.
    Well look at who needs atoning. The Orcs, who sat in camps for decades(many of which were born there) because of the acts of old orcs and the manipulation of the Legion(not even Velen blames them for what happened) who then sailed across the sea and fought the Legion to save the world. And what they got for it, was Thrall setting up their city in a desert and then the Alliance arrive with a fleet attempting to genocide them, despite Jaina telling them of what happened.

The Darkspear who lived peacefully on their island until the Alliance came and started killing them?(hey kinda like killing furries in voldun)

The Tauren don't need atonement, but Baine sure as hell believes in allowing the Alliance to burn his villages and banish anyone who talks about getting revenge.

The Forsaken who were the main humans of the Alliance, well they're humans of the Alliance, what do you expect? They're naturally evil!

Blood Elves who suffered the most of any race, who were sentence to death by the leader of the Alliance and then while rebuilding and trying to fight off the Scourge, were being sabotaged by the Alliance.

Goblins on that ship that got attacked by the Alliance(no witnesses!)

I think it's more that the Alliance believe in making the Horde atone for things, while ignoring the shit that their own people have done to them. So yeah, the Horde has done some shit to the Alliance, the Alliance has done some shit to the Horde too.

And sure you can say you don't care what a Horde player thinks, but I came into this game with Arthas and Jaina as my favorite characters and couldn't stand Thrall and Sylvanas from RoC/FT.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    this back and forth is getting long @_@
    Yeah I don't want to spam the thread. It was a good conversation though and I wouldn't mind using PMs if you are still into it. With that in mind I'll just be kinda brief.

But where is it ever shown that she betrayed and killed survivors of Lordaeron? She freed a bunch of Garithos' men and they just took Lordaeron which was filled with undead under the the control of a Dreadlord and all we ever see his Garithos die. An act that the Alliance never learned of.
    Well what happens then? She kills Garithos, lets the others go free to Dalaran and when they arrive they don't tell anyone at all where they were or what happened and take their alliance with the Forsaken and Sylvanas' good will in sparing their lives to their grave for no reason? :P However I just found out Chronicles 3 rewrote this part of the story, apparently they were all killed and the Alliance never found out about them alliance and subsequent betrayal under the Forsaken. Which leads to every single good Alliance aligned human who was willing to work with the undead died that day and all the remaining humans are just evil and want to purge. Which, given how the story has been lately, fits the morally grey boner they have into making everyone evil for no reason. Both outcomes are just as stupid imo, and having Lordaeron survivors make it out of the slaughter and warning the Alliance about Sylvanas would have made more sense and seemed to be what WC3 and classic WoW was going for. But I guess it made too much sense for this franchise.

And we're back to the Kael thing, which is again, heavily stated that they were going to be executed. This is cause for the Blood Elves to join the Horde and see the Alliance as enemies(reinforced later when Night Elves attack them).
    The nelves spied on them, not attack them, the documents you find on the spy even say it they are not there to act only to watch. If you mean what happens in the ghostlands then we'd need to figure out the timeline, because sending people with orders only to watch and on the same day deploying a regiment would be really contradictory. Maybe a better phrase would be that 'The perceived aggression of the Alliance led them to join the Horde for protection'? The Alliance didn't actively threaten them, but their spying was the straw that broke the camel's back, after what happened with Kael it wouldn't be a stretch for them to think "it's just a matter of time before they actually do attack us".

Let me quote you something from the wiki
    The Purge of Dalaran is it's own huge topic lol so I'll put that aside and focus on my point, and the purge was such a large event with so many details that I don't think it can be used to see what direction a hypothetical trial of Kael could have gone, the Council of Six take a lot into consideration and I don't think a warlord saying "King Sunstrider is a traitor!" would have been enough to convict him to death. The situations are too different. Like hadn't Silvermoon pulled out from the Alliance before the Scourge attacked? I think, like Gilneas, they didn't want to waste resources in keeping the orcs alive imprisoned, and if so then why is Kael being charged with treason? He is the king of an independent nation. It's all hypothetical though, maybe I find out in Chronicles 3 they confirm they would have executed Kael because why not everyone is morally grey...

I think it's more that the Alliance believe in making the Horde atone for things, while ignoring the shit that their own people have done to them. So yeah, the Horde has done some shit to the Alliance, the Alliance has done some shit to the Horde too.
    I don't think it's even that at this point. The Alliance already won the war, if they wanted to force the horde to finish their sentence they could have, but there's no more sentence, Varian gave up on that and wanted things to be better. Though you have made me revise my perception of the Alliance. As you claim what they do is ignore their mistakes, while it is not something I see often, it does happen and the biggest example of it was Anduin letting Greymane completely off the hook after he mounted a surprise attack on the freaking warchief during a time of peace. As a player I believe it was lucky that he did or all of Azeroth could be speaking Gutterspeak by now if she got a hold of Eyir, but in game and in universe it was a terrible thing to do and Anduin just brushing it off would be a great example of the Alliance's biggest weakness, the careless mistakes they do under the assumption of their own righteousness. I find that more interesting than just making everyone evil. And the vulpera thing isn't a mistake or righteousness, it's just pure nonsensical evil that doesn't fit at all but just part of the morally grey nonsense they have going on.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2018-10-19 at 08:58 PM.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this doesn't make any lore sense what-so-ever and is only here to address some of the concerns about the horde's moral compass and show the alliance can be "grey".

i'd much rather the horde be brought up than the alliance be dragged down.

this dev team are nothing but pathetic edgelord losers and cringey waifu loving neckbeards.
    Indeed.

I haven't found any quest text yet, but so far this looks rather arbitrary.

Moral ambiguity would be Anduin having to besiege a Horde city and having to decide whether or not to bomb the city knowing that there are civilians inside, or try to lead an attack that will cost thousands of Alliance lives simply because he didn't want to harm innocents (are a part of the enemy faction and would have no qualms helping the people trying to kill his people).

This seems like a straight up targeted genocide for the sake of it, which is OOC for how the Alliance and its factions have been characterized. Unless these Vulpera were actually aiding the Horde, there should be absolutely no reason to attack them whatsoever, and even then trying to kill them on sight when they are small and apparently of little to no threat (I don't see them having weapons) makes no sense when they could easily arrested, either by being tied up with ropes, shackled, or using a spell to bind them and portal them to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Indeed.

I haven't found any quest text yet, but so far this looks rather arbitrary.

Moral ambiguity would be Anduin having to besiege a Horde city and having to decide whether or not to bomb the city knowing that there are civilians inside, or try to lead an attack that will cost thousands of Alliance lives simply because he didn't want to harm innocents (are a part of the enemy faction and would have no qualms helping the people trying to kill his people).

This seems like a straight up targeted genocide for the sake of it, which is OOC for how the Alliance and its factions have been characterized. Unless these Vulpera were actually aiding the Horde, there should be absolutely no reason to attack them whatsoever, and even then trying to kill them on sight when they are small and apparently of little to no threat (I don't see them having weapons) makes no sense when they could easily arrested, either by being tied up with ropes, shackled, or using a spell to bind them and portal them to jail.
    I'm banking on mercenary group gone awry, myself. They'll try to come up with some way to make this sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm banking on mercenary group gone awry, myself. They'll try to come up with some way to make this sane.
    They didn't in the attack on the kultiran village and probably the horde incursion will attack nearby villages, without mention we are attacking again boralus to get ashvane out of jail
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Deleted
    Draenei mercenaries ? The guys hadn't recovered enough by the WoT to help the NE, I can't see how they would have mercenaries.

Honestly, this scenario wouldn't be so bad if Blizzard only did two things : explained why the Vulpera were singled out, and adress this event immediately, Alliance side.

After all, if you're an Alliance player who hasn't done the Horde side of BfA, nor lurked in forum and all, the only Vulpera you "interact" with are the guys in Freeport, and they are just here to be killed alongside other pirates. Some context to attack the Vulpera would actually create a modicum of sense here. Otherwise, it's basically killing Rasthakan level of "Why should I care?" for Alliance players : never met those guys, know nothing about them, they are just random loot pinata.

And secondly, Blizzard can't have a Purge Squad and Anduin going all "let's get ourself suffer more death and misery because winning the war is so like Sylvanas" without adressing immediately how the two events clash so much. Waiting between 3 and 6 months to hope for something to make sense of this mess would be terrible.

But I'm pretty sure nothing will change and Blizzard won't understand why players from both faction are angry.

sadly BfA story is becoming worse and worse. woth proper explanation lots of contwnt would be more interesting

as Alliance,we have no idea what is happening in Zandalar. except that there are Zandalari trolls who are befriended by Horde. and there are Blood trolls who are vs Zandalari and vs everyone.
    no stpry about Uldir. or why Alliance captured Talanji. no stories about loa. except abruptly ending story about gonk. wtf are these Gorilla brainiacs. and as soon as we understand tgat there are two Sethrakk groups,the story ends again.
    no idea who are these groyps. why do they fight. etc. zero story development

and there are vulpera all around voldun. they are unfriendly. why we try get some info from tprtolan but ignore foxes? why dont we go in deeper communication with tortolan?

randomly spawned swuads makes no sense at all

we had lots of Grey stuff before

like Pandaria intro. where Shapossessed Rell ordered killing unarmed horde who were swimming towards shore.
    we had Genn and Rogers who attacked horde fleet unprowoked. yes Sylvanas was up to no good but Alliance had no right to attack them
    they both had theur own deep hatred because their homes and people were massaraced in Gilneas and Southahore by Forsaken
    we saw how alliamce destroyed horde battleship in Deepholm. and we found that it was Twilights cult who infiltrated ally gunship and shot horde one

such stuff makes story more interesting
    when 3rd party does bad stuff and 1st or 2nd one is blamed
    or in result there are misundesrtandings and both sides start doing more questionable stuff
    doing bad in the name of good. etc
    also I do understand that there is generic randominess in some NPC. for example, to make kt more dofferent there might be certain guards in stormwond who after kill will respawn as orc grunt or tauren brave or troll headhunter

or if freehold has several races in pirate groups. after kill they respawn as another one.
    but stort goes shitty if there would be a lightforged draenei mage who burns down foxies. it makes no sense
    if it was a DI dwarf. or human. it wpuld make sense.
    but draenei? no way

and so on

Yea lets make the faction imbalance even worse!
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Well what happens then? She kills Garithos, lets the others go free to Dalaran and when they arrive they don't tell anyone at all where they were or what happened and take their alliance with the Forsaken and Sylvanas' good will in sparing their lives to their grave for no reason? :P However I just found out Chronicles 3 rewrote this part of the story, apparently they were all killed and the Alliance never found out about them alliance and subsequent betrayal under the Forsaken. Which leads to every single good Alliance aligned human who was willing to work with the undead died that day and all the remaining humans are just evil and want to purge. Which, given how the story has been lately, fits the morally grey boner they have into making everyone evil for no reason. Both outcomes are just as stupid imo, and having Lordaeron survivors make it out of the slaughter and warning the Alliance about Sylvanas would have made more sense and seemed to be what WC3 and classic WoW was going for. But I guess it made too much sense for this franchise.
    garithos forces never were suppoused to survive.
    the only citation of them was a defector that go away in theramore shorty after the freeing from detheroc because he hated so much undeads that couldnt trust them. then he even allied with bl...

Purge Squad did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I guess Blizzard is of the mind, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
    The whole BfA is basically taking the things that werent broke in Legion and trying to "fix" them, which resulted in breaking them.

Blizzard should really just double down on this and make the Purge Squad an alliance reputation. Exalted reward: flamethrower.

I hope Meerah, Dolly, and Dot don't find themselves on the other end of this Purge Squad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should really just double down on this and make the Purge Squad an alliance reputation. Exalted reward: flamethrower.
    With a sub note that says "Can't leave all the fun to the Forsaken's Apothecaries!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Rofl, why even attack the Vulpera? They are literally scavengers. This is funny af.
    Momma needs a new fur coat

Quote Originally Posted by KashaWells View Post
    I hope Meerah, Dolly, and Dot don't find themselves on the other end of this Purge Squad.
    One of them probably will to up the drama

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    One of them probably will to up the drama
    I hope it's Meerah. That hairy gnome is the only one of them that I can't stand. But who am I kidding? It will obviously be Kiro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

It's probably just a trick to make people believe Vulpera will certainly be an Allied Race.

Twist: The Alliance force Vulpera to join the Alliance.
    Twist 2: The Draenei's(LMAO) kills all Vulpera, no Allied Race. Because it's not like the Draenei's have experienced a purge before, first hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I hope it's Meerah. That hairy gnome is the only one of them that I can't stand. But who am I kidding? It will obviously be Kiro.
    I'm picturing it now. She dies we get Dolly and Dot. unlock alpaca mount. perfection