Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblider View Post
    They explicitly said it'll be out with 8.1 ?
    I think his point is they will keep iterating upon it until it's finally decent at 8.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    The issue was never about obtaining 385 gear, the issue was obtaining anything lower than a 385; having a full set of 370-385 gear with people hardstuck with 340 Azerite pieces was a serious problem until Blizzard began to open up to changes recently.
    Except that it's most definitely an issue for raiders that want something other than generic raid traits (that aren't even anywhere good outside raid)
    As a plate user I have exactly on shoulder that can be 385 and it has shitty traits.
    I have two options for hat and both spec specific traits there are extremely shitty.
    I have two chest options, one has bis trait and the other is again extremely shitty.

Getting an azerite piece 385 with favorable traits is a laughable prospect (except the chest).

Being locked into a couple of pieces for raiding, and then not even having them be any good outside raid is just disheartening, not to mention dull as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Lol, morons who think that random azerite drops from M+ runs is better than currency that lets you buy SPECIFIC azerite pieces.

Do we have a word for "anti-shills" that are so angry that they wrap around into being dumbasses?
    It doesn't let you buy specific azerite pieces though and unless it's for a most likely stupid high price (premium)? Unless you mean slot and ilvl... you still have to pray you get the traits that you want.

You only have 3 ways of getting the currency to buy the pieces, which are mythic weekly chest and scrapping Azerite pieces.

Random Azerite gear drops from M+ sounds a lot better compared to the limited option that they're giving us.
    Last edited by Kagiri; 2018-10-20 at 08:49 AM.

Ok good, I can target the pieces I need now. But do I want to though? Azerite armor is the most boring piece of shit ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So this means you need to farm as much content that can drop Azerite as possible to scrap it?
    I think (and hope) weekly m+ and pvp chest will grant the most amount of currency.
    Scraping will only give a tiny bit. If its to much anyone would farm wq/m0 for azerite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems game is almost out of Beta
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seems MMO-C missed clarifications of the initial Lore post on their front page.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-improvements/

"Couple quick clarifications based on feedback so far:

Only Azerite Armor that drops after Tides of Vengeance is released will scrap/disenchant into the new currency. Don't worry about hoarding the Azerite pieces you're earning now.
    When the next Mythic+ season starts, and item levels increase, the item levels of Thaumaturge Vashreen's wares will increase accordingly.
    We recognize that PvPers want more options and choice too. We're talking about that separately."
    /spit@Blizzard

It will come down to how much you have to spend for each of the options.. given Blizzards recent track record I'm not expecting them to benign with the system, the opposite actually. We will see. That the RNG element needs to be around for it though is just sad..

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What you're doing is like demanding all wheels need to be refered to by the same name.
    they are

they're all wheels
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Why do Blizzard feels like they need to implement such a complex system for loots ? That's needlessly complex for literally nothing, beyond time-gating of course.

Deleted
    Have not read all 9 pages, but what's stopping me from farming M0s to scraps Azerite?

You think you want Blizzard to listen to your feedback and implement positive changes, but you really don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Have not read all 9 pages, but what's stopping me from farming M0s to scraps Azerite?

Only Azerite Armor that drops after Tides of Vengeance is released will scrap/disenchant into the new currency. Don't worry about hoarding the Azerite pieces you're earning now."

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769667833#1

Currency? In BFA? Nah, this is a joke. You all getting played. No RNG = No fun -> Blizz logic

I feel like this is pretty much the same thing they did for legendaries in the last patch in Legion. Do they truly not learn from previous experience, or are they redoing the same mistakes and fixes in order to keep people subbed longer?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrite13 View Post
    You think you want Blizzard to listen to your feedback and implement positive changes, but you really don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Only Azerite Armor that drops after Tides of Vengeance is released will scrap/disenchant into the new currency. Don't worry about hoarding the Azerite pieces you're earning now."

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769667833#1
    Yeah, I meant after 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    they are

they're all wheels
    "need to". Not "can be". Different types of wheel have more specific names.

Yeah, I meant after 8.1
    Most likely that you only get tiny amounts, so it isn't cost efficient to do so.

Probably nothing, although you should expect that the cost in currency will require a LOT of grinding to get a good piece. Keep in mind that the currency can used to buy lootboxes of random Azerite pieces, or specific items at a "premium" cost.

My guess is it'll look something like:

Lootbox: 500 currency
    Specific itme: 5000 currency

With azerite pieces only disenchanting for like maybe 10 points each.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Probably nothing, although you should expect that the cost in currency will require a LOT of grinding to get a good piece. Keep in mind that the currency can used to buy lootboxes of random Azerite pieces, or specific items at a "premium" cost.

My guess is it'll look something like:

Lootbox: 500 currency
    Specific itme: 5000 currency

With azerite pieces only disenchanting for like maybe 10 points each.
    While the weekly chest rewards something around 200 or so at the level you'd previously gotten lootbox-equivalent Azerite.

Let's not forget there's only 10 M0s and you likely won't get a piece every time, so "farming" isn't quite appropriate anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    Currency? In BFA? Nah, this is a joke. You all getting played. No RNG = No fun -> Blizz logic
    There is plenty of rng, in fact they went out of their way to have pseudo-optional rng in a system that should be full on deterministic player agency. You can either pick the rng loot crate with your currency or you can wait x times the amount of time and buy a certain piece, hoping that their balancing work won't completely ruin it by the time you finally bought it.

I have my doubts about the change.

It's certainly a step forward considering the current situation, but at the same time it still feels like a step in wrong direction.

My whole issue lies with the numbers required, something that we still have to know, but if a random piece takes 2-3 weeks, how much will a targeted piece of azerite armor cost? how long it will take (on average)?

The risk here is that if i know how long it will take i can still consider that is just not worth my time because it takes too long to bother with it, just as knowing that something has a low chance can many times work as a way to just give up because you are not willing to play that lottery.

They are overcomplicating the whole system when the way to fix it is just treat azerite armor as any other piece of armor. If specicif weapons can drop from M+ end of run chest, so should azerite armor. If you can get any item for any slot from your pvp chests, so should azerite armor.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."