Thread: No Diablo 4

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    Gaming is heading in to a dark age if you ask me.
    Indeed, although I would say it's been in a dark age for a while now. Games are released incomplete, and when consumers complain the developer promises to fix them... in the next game. However by then they've added an additional five "features" that are broken. The only reason they can keep doing this is because the consumers get hyped every time because of x or y and prepurchase said game. The only way to really break this eternal cycle is to wait a month or two before purchasing a game after it's been released. But that's not really happening, at least not enough, yet.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mean did you honestly think there was going to be a D4 reveal at BC?

I always thought it was way too soon for Diablo 4. Diablo 3 could still be super alive if they kept making expansions for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Because it's their only game that doesn't have in game purchases , it's a one time buy and that's it . Why spend resources for something that you can't get constant money from? I am sure D4 whenever that will be , will have in game purchaes to get in line with their other games.
    they did launch with with real money AH, so u think if this worked, they would focused more on diablo series ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Why is so many people hoping for a D3 exp, after 4 years of RoS, after several seasons with 0 aditions to the gameplay? No expansion and no D4 coming. They killed this 2 options sound and clear. Maybe a new 15€ class? But that is the best we will get.

What they are gonna anounce is a diablo tv show and/or a movile candy diablo crush and/or a remaster to pay again for the same game.

I want to believe we will get d2 remaster and new character expansion!!! - this I my hope as well, but I think were still expecting far to much... its going to be Nintendo (no one cares) and some boring news on next season double legendary drops #topkek

*edit as it quoted wrong person
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Get ready for the Switch announcement dressed up like it's a huge thing, lmao
    This /10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    Why is so many people hoping for a D3 exp, after 4 years of RoS, after several seasons with 0 aditions to the gameplay?
    Well maybe the few Devs that are still on Diablo 3 took those months of no change to seasons to actually work on something new for D3 while we wait for D4?

My guess is they were working on the Druid character pack. Remember the PTR buy-able scroll that hinted at druids?

A D3 exp would mean adding story and a lot of new zones, new skills etc. A character pack makes more sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Get ready for the Switch announcement dressed up like it's a huge thing, lmao
    Didn't they confirmed that blizzcon was NOT about the switch port? I need to find the blue post about it...

Only making Blizzcon about the switch port would be the biggest mistake ever. Without anything NEW added to D3 there is no way the Switch port will be a huge success. The game is way too old in it's current form to attract enough players.

Yeah they will announce something people like myself will find awful, like a remaster, a port or more DLC like necromancer. They usually don't kill hype before Blizzcon, even when they know they will disappoint, so this will be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    He believes they did.

They could've A) Found it.

B) Reverse engineered it.
    What does reverse engineer even mean? Just curious
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

You cant milk the Diablo franchise, OW and HS are the future of blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    You cant milk the Diablo franchise, OW and HS are the future of blizzard
    PoE is doing financially well. Unfortunately Diablo sells on name alone not on stellar design, so it is much easier to milk that franchise with a bulk box sell followed by a significantly reduced player base and buyers remorse. My God Blizzard has quite the consumer good will, and I wonder how much longer that will last.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I always thought it was way too soon for Diablo 4. Diablo 3 could still be super alive if they kept making expansions for it.
    A new expansion will have to introduce a new system of progression and play, much like how Reaper of Souls introduced the Greater Rifts. A few new minor, alternative ways to play or little extra things to do could definitely extend the lifespan. I'd also like to see at least one more new class, and between one and two new Acts.

If they did that, then yeah, I could see the game staying alive for another 3-4 years. Any sort of PvP mode would extend that by 1-2 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Make hype announcement -> Sell Blizzcon tickets -> 'Whoa simmer down we're not announcing anything cool' -> People get mad / Fanboys defend shit company -> Profit.
    Pretty much this. Blizz has learned from Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    D2 remaster - hm nope, they lost original source code for it, so forget it.
    they did say the same thing for classic wow

Why would they port Diablo 3 to the Switch and then announce a brand new game?

It'll probably be a Diablo 3 expansion to reap the money from consoles, PC and now the Switch.

Blizzard doesn't make fun/good games anymore, just addictive/formulaic games nowadays. The last time I enjoyed WoW was MoP. D3 got boring within a week. Starcraft 2 had a great campaign but the online play and arcade is garbage. Hearthstone is a joke timewaster. Heroes of the Storm is worse than Dota, LoL, HoN, or even any other MOBA available. Overwatch is literally TF2 with more classes and ults but the same base game of which I've already played for years through TFC and TF2 so that game never grabbed my attention either.

If you're expecting anything for Diablo you should prepare for it be the cashgrab that it is. Whether a new expac or a new DLC class (if at all - expect only a port), it's not going to add more than a few days of entertainment. Buying it is going to be a mistake.

This company is dead to me. I'm excited for Classic WoW, but I won't be surprised if NewBlizzard makes it unenjoyable.
    Last edited by soulzek; 2018-10-20 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    They just released D3 on the Switch and people think they're gonna release D4?

well i know people who have it 3 times.. 1 pc , 1 xbox , and going to get it on switch , so yeah they sold the game 3 times to the same guy , selling him diablo4 wont be a problem its all about making people pay , and selling customers the same game 3 times is kind of a smart move if you look at pure numbers .

Now i dont think diablo 4 is happening so soon saddly , but i do think we will get a addon /dlc what ever .

There is def going to be a Diablo game announced.

Whether or not it is 4 or a remaster or an expansion.....that remains to be seen. But they are hyping up Diablo too much this year for it to not be at least SOMETHING of substance beyond like the Necro Pack was....

They are doing some Damage Control/PR stuff by saying not to get TOO hyped. But I believe that alludes more to them not showing Diablo4 but rather a different game.

Though I wouldn't be shocked if they at least CONFIRMED D4 was in dev, even if they had nothing to show yet (like Bethesda did with TES6).
    Last edited by Keile; 2018-10-21 at 02:48 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    expect a d2 remastered edition and my hope is for a diablo style witcher with multiplayer but realistically banking on a mobile game.
    I swear to god if they announce a god damn mobile version of D2 or something I will lose my shit. I don't want that garbage.