Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    Weren't the Night Elves constantly fighting the Qiraji, the Nightmare, Satyrs, Worgen, Scourge, and Legion? This in comparison to the High/Blood Elves fighting.... Amani Trolls?

I mean "Savage" isn't very accurate since she's wrong.
    No. Qiraji was a one time thing. Satyr's they failed against as evidenced by WC3 where they fielded an entire army: Nelves had 10k years to beat them and didn't. Worgen they locked away and let become a problem. Scourge and Legion they knew was a thing and chose to do nothing.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Emerald Nightmare was largely caused other Druids, so you cant put that one in their favor. Fandral going around planning world trees and screwing up the world majorly.

I cannot stress this enough, the Old Gods have largely gotten a foot hold into Azeroth, because of the actions of Night Elf Druids.

WotA was many races including the Highborne and Tauren.
    Shifting Sands is a point in Night Elves favor.
    Reign of Chaos had a lot to do with the Night Elves complete failure to do what they set off to do: the long vigil. They knew demonic activity was stirring in the E-kingdoms and did nothing, when the demons came they failed utterly to even slow them despite that being their races entire goal.
    Frozen Throne they actually didnt do anything but HELP Arthas by stopping Illidan. Dont forget the Night Elf campaign was an Illidan Hunt; entirely pointless and all about the Night Elves being ignorant of the world behind them.

They also failed in the war of the Satyr: not only did the Satyr stay around and establish places of power, but this is where the Worgen curse happened where the night elves said "someone elses problem" and locked the Worgen away so they could come back years later and fuck up Gilneas because the night elves somehow forgot/lost the Scythe of Elune.
    Last time I checked, Yogg'saron, N'zoth, and Y'sharrj weren't Night Elf influenced. Just C'thun.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Last time I checked, Yogg'saron, N'zoth, and Y'sharrj weren't Night Elf influenced. Just C'thun.
    Yogg Saron was largely freed by the world tree the Elves planting giving him greater influence in the world. All the world trees the night elves have planted (except the first) have either been corrupted by, or directly aided, the old gods. Remember, the emerald nightmare was entirely the night elves fault.
    N'zoth was beaten back by infighting thourgh Y'shaarj's armies.
    Y'shaarj was freed by Alliance and Horde meddling in MoP after being sundered by the Pandaren
    Last edited by Toppy; 2018-10-20 at 03:55 PM.

Yogg Saron was largely freed by the world tree the Elves planting giving him greater influence in the world. All the world trees the night elves have planted (except the first) have either been corrupted by, or directly aided, the old gods. Remember, the emerald nightmare was entirely the night elves fault.
    N'zoth was beaten back by infighting thourgh Y'shaarj's armies.
    Y'shaarj was freed by Alliance and Horde meddling in MoP after being sundered by the Pandaren
    I see.

I get where the Night Elf hate stems from, yes. However, the Horde aren't ones to call out the Night Elves, and their shit. In fact, the Horde's the most hypocritical here. Especially with the Nightborne, and Blood Elves.

I see.

I get where the Night Elf hate stems from, yes. However, the Horde aren't ones to call out the Night Elves, and their shit. In fact, the Horde's the most hypocritical here. Especially with the Nightborne, and Blood Elves.
    Oh I had forgot this actually, the War of the Shifting Sands was started by the Night Elves in the first place. So the one major conflict they took part in after WotA and the Highborne leaving, was a war they caused.

Nightborne and High Elves are no more to blame for WotA than the other Night Elves are. It was their society as a whole that caused the problem and those Highborne that turned on Azshara redeemed themselves with this action.

Since WotA Night Elves have caused great damage through the world via their aiding of the Old Gods through their own reckless use of Druidism while the Highborne... havent really hurt anything. Though they did fight off Orcish and demonic invasions.

So yes, the Night Elves did nothing for 10,000 years but fail to end one war, started another, made the Worgen then ignored the problem, create the Emerald Nightmare and give the Old Gods a very strong foot into Azeroth,ignored the growing unrest in the E-kingdoms which they were aware of, watched their allies get hunted to near extinction, and completely and utterly fail in the one job they set for themselves: the long vigil.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    So you deny Malfurion slept for ten thousand years?
    He slept to, you know, keep the Emerald Dream going to shit and in turn terraforming Azeroth itself into a barren nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    He slept to, you know, keep the Emerald Dream going to shit and in turn terraforming Azeroth itself into a barren nightmare.
    The Emerald Nightmare was rather directly caused by the Night Elf Druids reckless use of Druidic magic actually, nor did he start noticing it till after WC3

So yes he pretty much did nothing for 10,000 years.

The Emerald Nightmare was rather directly caused by the Night Elf Druids reckless use of Druidic magic actually, nor did he start noticing it till after WC3

So yes he pretty much did nothing for 10,000 years.
    Text source with link, rather than your shitty revisionism.

The origins of the Nightmare stretch back to 4,500 years before the First War. Fandral Staghelm took branches from Nordrassil, the World Tree, and planted them over saronite that had begun to appear across the world, including a particularly large source of saronite in the Grizzly Hills. Unfortunately, its roots went deep enough that they touched the prison of the Old God Yogg-Saron, corrupting the tree and spreading madness throughout the nearby wildlife. The druids sorrowfully destroyed the world tree, believing that this act would halt Yogg-Saron's corruption. What they did not know, however, was that Yogg-Saron had used the world tree to open the way for the Old Gods to access the Emerald Dream. The Old Gods spread their corruption into the Dream through the door that Yogg-Saron had opened

chronicle 1 pg 124

Chronicles volume 1, page 122: "Andrassil allowed the Old Gods access into the Emerald Dream, from which they created the Emerald Nightmare."

Andrassil was planted by Staghelm and large group of druids to stop Saronite, however he didn't get the blessings of the aspects leading to it being pretty much immediately corrupted.
    Teldrassil was also old god corrupted til Cata.
    Shaladrassil was a gateway to the Nightmare.

Its not revisionism. He planted the tree without any thought of consequence or proper blessing and from it was made the Nightmare. When they realized the problem they chopped it down but did a half ass job and left the roots which were the actual problem.

Chronicles volume 1, page 122: "Andrassil allowed the Old Gods access into the Emerald Dream, from which they created the Emerald Nightmare."

Andrassil was planted by Staghelm and large group of druids to stop Saronite, however he didn't get the blessings of the aspects leading to it being pretty much immediately corrupted.
    Teldrassil was also old god corrupted til Cata.
    Shaladrassil was a gateway to the Nightmare.

Its not revisionism. He planted the tree without any thought of consequence or proper blessing and from it was made the Nightmare. When they realized the problem they chopped it down but did a half ass job and left the roots which were the actual problem.
    I'm asking you for the source of where Malfurion figures into this as doing nothing for 10,000 years when you're going on a tangent about Staghelm who was at best a radical that didn't even get along with Tyrande and nearly tore the Cenarion Circle apart by being a sexist and racist prick to begin with.

It's like claiming that since Arthas defiled the world suddenly all Lordaeron humans are responsible for his shit, that blood elves ought to be held accountable for Kaelthas's leadership, or the orcs emancipated and led by Thrall for the actions of Grommash Hellscream.

Like, holy shit, the Nightborne are totally hosed if we follow your logic because of what Elisande and the large faction of the city she led did, or the Highmountain Tauren for what the Bloodtotem did. Mayla was clearly doing nothing and Thalysra sat in a cave doing nothing for years.

And in the case of the Nightborne their war crimes are pretty damn recent and it was pretty openly established it had the wide support of the populace until Gul'dan took shit too far into affecting even the upper classes.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2018-10-20 at 05:39 PM.

I'm asking you for the source of where Malfurion figures into this as doing nothing for 10,000 years when you're going on a tangent about Staghelm who was at best a radical that didn't even get along with Tyrande and nearly tore the Cenarion Circle apart by being a sexist and racist prick to begin with.

It's like claiming that since Arthas defiled the world suddenly all Lordaeron humans are responsible for his shit, that blood elves ought to be held accountable for Kaelthas's leadership, or the orcs emancipated and led by Thrall for the actions of Grommash Hellscream.

Like, holy shit, the Nightborne are totally hosed if we follow your logic because of what Elisande and the large faction of the city she led did, or the Highmountain Tauren for what the Bloodtotem did. Mayla was clearly doing nothing and Thalysra sat in a cave doing nothing for years.

And in the case of the Nightborne their war crimes are pretty damn recent and it was pretty openly established it had the wide support of the populace until Gul'dan took shit too far into affecting even the upper classes.
    Staghelm was essentially the leader of the Druids while Malfurion was asleep. The Night Elves accepted him as such, he was a major leader. Staghelm also did these things alongside his Druid breatheren and wasn't really corrupted by Xavius till thousands of years after he did these things. And stop trying to deflect. Its not working to well. I'm not talking about the Highmountain or the Nightborne. I'm talking about the Night Elves.

Now if you were looking for proof that Malfurion did nothing for 10,000 years... I can't really give proof of him doing nothing other than pointing out that there is nothing recorded that he did after WotA aside from the Worgen curse: where he locked away the packform Druids and said he'd handle it later (and never did).

The burden of proof is on you to show Malfurion didnt just sleep all that time.

Staghelm was essentially the leader of the Druids while Malfurion was asleep. The Night Elves accepted him as such, he was a major leader. Staghelm also did these things alongside his Druid breatheren and wasn't really corrupted by Xavius till thousands of years after he did these things. And stop trying to deflect. Its not working to well. I'm not talking about the Highmountain or the Nightborne. I'm talking about the Night Elves.

Now if you were looking for proof that Malfurion did nothing for 10,000 years... I can't really give proof of him doing nothing other than pointing out that there is nothing recorded that he did after WotA aside from the Worgen curse: where he locked away the packform Druids and said he'd handle it later (and never did).

The burden of proof is on you to show Malfurion didnt just sleep all that time.
    lmao, tells someone they are deflecting, then shifts the burden of proof onto someone who asked him for proof on the statement that Malfurion did nothing for 10,000 years while in the Emerald Dream (which this person dishonestly calls sleeping in the common sense).

Oh I had forgot this actually, the War of the Shifting Sands was started by the Night Elves in the first place. So the one major conflict they took part in after WotA and the Highborne leaving, was a war they caused.

Nightborne and High Elves are no more to blame for WotA than the other Night Elves are. It was their society as a whole that caused the problem and those Highborne that turned on Azshara redeemed themselves with this action.

Since WotA Night Elves have caused great damage through the world via their aiding of the Old Gods through their own reckless use of Druidism while the Highborne... havent really hurt anything. Though they did fight off Orcish and demonic invasions.

So yes, the Night Elves did nothing for 10,000 years but fail to end one war, started another, made the Worgen then ignored the problem, create the Emerald Nightmare and give the Old Gods a very strong foot into Azeroth,ignored the growing unrest in the E-kingdoms which they were aware of, watched their allies get hunted to near extinction, and completely and utterly fail in the one job they set for themselves: the long vigil.
    Okay...so...

Illidan's the only good Night Elf Character, then. Gotcha.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, Blizzard made the Night Elves worthless...

lmao, tells someone they are deflecting, then shifts the burden of proof onto someone who asked him for proof on the statement that Malfurion did nothing for 10,000 years while in the Emerald Dream (which this person dishonestly calls sleeping in the common sense).
    Not deflecting. I litterally cannot prove that Malfurion only slept for 10,000 years other than the point out the complete lack of evidence to the contrary.

Its on you to show anything he may have did during those 10,000 years. The only thing I know of is the Worgen thing which was soon after the WotA. Other than that he was silent til WC3 nor was there anything in the dream for him to fight as the Nightmare didnt become known to him til WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay...so...

Illidan's the only good Night Elf Character, then. Gotcha.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, Blizzard made the Night Elves worthless...
    Kinda?

Recall their campaigns in WC3.

It was mostly them running around losing over and over until they free Illidan who gives night elves their first major win. Then it becomes "We need allies" and you get another win backed by other races:

mission 1: We failed so hard at our vigil that humans and orcs are invading, fight them! Mission ends with demons wrecking your shit

mission 2: FUCK DEMONS ARE FUCKING UP EVERYTHING, HIDE FROM THEM AND TRY TO REGROUP!

mission 3: wake up Malfurion by killing some nature spirits because us sentinels are getting our asses kicked hard and haven't had a single win

mission 4: Fuck why did we never beat these Satyr that have been in our forest for 10,000 years?

mission 5: Free Illidan by killing a keeper of the grove and abunch of sentinels

mission 6: Illidan gets shit done, Nelves finnally score a real win that doesn't end with a full retreat

mission 7: We need the humans and orcs to help us save the world tree!

The expansion was almost exclusively Maiev hunting Illidan and losing all the way. When it wasnt that, it was Night Elves needing to ally with Blood Elves to get anything done. Oh and Tyrande almost kills herself by dropping magic bombs on a bridge while she stands on it. Ultimately the campaign ends with you learning that you helped Arthas, majorly.

Mission 1; Naga fucked up all our shit, chase Illidan!

Mission 2: Fight some orc tribe remnants who are half dead already

Mission 3: Everyones dead but Maiev, find Illidan so he can make a fool of Maiev

Mission 4: HELP ME TYRANDE AND MALFURION, I FUCKED UP AND EVERYONES DEAD

Mission 5: After all this time we finally beat the Naga, kinda sorta not really, Illidan escaped.

Mission 6: Lets help the Blood Elves, the elves the devs actually like

Mission 7: Lets beat Illidan with our new allies!

Mission 8: FUCK, turns out Illidan was trying to save the world and now Tyrande blew up a bridge while she was standing on it, lets go save her useless ass.

Tyrande is one of the most boring characters in WoW, along with the rest of nelf filth.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    None of the commanders die in Arathi, they reach 1% health and kneel.
    Ah! Then captured then!?

Deleted
    blablabla
    Fuck no. You have no understanding of WC3. Night elves were losing to Burning legion, not filthy alliance or horde. Pretty much no single race can overcome Legion in power and to say that night elves were losing. Pfff they had their objectives and they were following them and if satyr/horde/alliance/whatever was in their way, they eliminated them. Simple. Only night elves saw bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Ah! Then captured then!?
    No, its a fucking stalemate. Otherwise Alliance commanders would be captured too.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Ah! Then captured then!?
    if they did Alliance prisons suck because Liadrin is back in silvermoon in 8.1
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol