Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Botani and Saberon at the end of the Mag Har unlock quest

There were Botani and Saberon that managed to use the portal to escape draenor seen running away into Northern Barrens after the Mag'har Orc Allied Race quest. Would it possible for either Horde or the Alliance recruit the escaped Botani and Saberons as allied races? I could see Saberons using Worgen skeletons while Botani would use Night Elf skeletons.

During BFA beta, there were datamined of broadcast text implying the Horde attacking Botani with text such as "Why can't the Horde leaf us alone?"

What do you all think?
    Last edited by Jekyll; 2018-10-20 at 08:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i would love to have them as ARs.

the botani especially, they look amazing.

Formerly known as Arafal

I have been theorizing that the Saberon might join as an allied race for a while now. If they actually escaped and ended up on Azeroth, that only supports this further. They share animations with Worgen, the only thing they are missing are female models. I could see them joining Horde.

This would be, however, at the cost of Sethrakk, which a lot of people assume are a 'given' as a counterpoint to Vulpera for Horde, which actually is a given. I'm not so sure at all myself, Saberon I think would be more popular, and giving Saberon to Horde would support Alliance getting a Horde race... you know, the 'redeemed undead' led by Calia.

Just thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    During BFA beta, there were datamined of broadcast text implying the Horde attacking Botani with text such as "Why can't the Horde leaf us alone?"
    This is what treants/ancients say when you right click them during a War of Thorns-Darkshore WQ.

No comment on Botani/Saberon, just clarifying that that's what you were seeing datamined.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2018-10-20 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I have been theorizing that the Saberon might join as an allied race for a while now. If they actually escaped and ended up on Azeroth, that only supports this further. They share animations with Worgen, the only thing they are missing are female models. I could see them joining Horde.

This would be, however, at the cost of Sethrakk, which a lot of people assume are a 'given' as a counterpoint to Vulpera for Horde, which actually is a given. I'm not so sure at all myself, Saberon I think would be more popular, and giving Saberon to Horde would support Alliance getting a Horde race... you know, the 'redeemed undead' led by Calia.

Just thinking.
    The good sethrakk wish to be peaceful with the Vulpera and also they need a better base not in Zandalar if they want to join the Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    This is what treants say when you right click them during a War of Thorns-Darkshore WQ.

No comment on Botani/Saberon, just clarifying that that's what you were seeing datamined.
    Ah my bad then. But they were Saberons adn Botani escaping Draenor from the same portal that saved and brought Mag'har into MU Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were Botani and Saberon seems to be running away into Northern Barrens after the Mag'har Orc Allied Race quest. Would it possible for either Horde or the Alliance recruit the escaped Botani and Saberons as allied races? I could see Saberons using Worgen skeletons while Botani would use Night Elf skeletons.

What do you all think?
    Well, I believe they'll be a threat for us to handle.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, I believe they'll be a threat for us to handle.
    It would be amazing if we can get playable Botani that can be druids.

There were Botani and Saberon that managed to use the portal to escape draenor seen running away into Northern Barrens after the Mag'har Orc Allied Race quest. Would it possible for either Horde or the Alliance recruit the escaped Botani and Saberons as allied races? I could see Saberons using Worgen skeletons while Botani would use Night Elf skeletons.

What do you all think?
    Northern Barrens on Draenor?

Botani would be very interesting as we have no plantfolk of any kind yet

A potential area for doing stuff in warfronts should Barrens ever make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be amazing if we can get playable Botani that can be druids.
    I just doubt it. Both those races had serious problems with us (both factions). I see them more settling in various zones as we can guess that there are more to come.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate them and i hope we will never see them again.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, both factions kinda killed a whole bunch of them during the WoD war campaign. Also wasn't the point of the Everbloom dungeon that if the Botani ever got to Azeroth it would be very bad for the planet?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I just doubt it. Both those races had serious problems with us (both factions).
    buts its been 30 years since we interacted with them.
    who knows what happened to them in that timeframe.

not to mention, with botani being plant people, they should be rather calm on azeroth due to the planets lack of spirit energy.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I hate them and i hope we will never see them again.
    They will serve as fodder for the barrens warfront if ever happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    buts its been 30 years since we interacted with them.
    who knows what happened to them in that timeframe.

not to mention, with botani being plant people, they should be rather calm on azeroth due to the planets lack of spirit energy.
    Well, we don't know but considering they floor when they arrive, I am quite sure they weren't invited to come in the first place. Doesn't help that our planet is hemorrhaging a powerful substance that can make you a powerful foe of yourself. As well, the nature of Azeroth seem to be more hostile than that of Draenor, and could function in a Botani's favor.

And not to forget that one of the outposts we left in the care of the Mag'har was in the heart of the lands they claimed.

And to the last point, the orcs aren't really nature's friend. Heck, even the Tauren being their allies are disagreeing with a lot they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    They will serve as fodder for the barrens warfront if ever happens.
    Most likely as a 'rare event' like the Arathi has.

I did the allied race quest. When did this happen?

edit: Baaarely visible on the fringes of when you leave Draenor. Interesting. 24:28

(also they fixed the "bug" where they appeared in the middle of Brewfest. A damn shame, I timed them together on purpose.)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-10-20 at 10:11 PM.

gotta be quick to see them... They run off and disappear quickly upon zoning into Durotar.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post

Just thinking.
    My likeliest scenario was the Horde Vulpera and Alliance Redeemed. Though I'd be all for Saberon on the Horde, the Botani maybe align with the Alliance to repair Teldrassil? (They are masters of plant Druidism, after all)

Vulpera and Saberon for Horde; Sethrakk and Botani for Alliance. I can work with that. I still would like some more iterations on Allied Races that accomplish what Nightborne and Void Elves do, which is basically variant cross-faction races. Wolfcult-survivor Worgen for Horde and some other Goblin cartel for Alliance, for instance.