Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    No, it's the Gamebryo engine from 2002 they've just been patching up with ductape to hold it together and slapped new renderers every now and then for rebranding. There are certain issues and bugs you can trace all the way back to Morrowind, especially with terrain and object collision.
    I like the one where corpses start to stretch when you scale them down through console.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That would be liberals protesting b/c admiral cheeto and his legions of right wing, gun toting nuts, are going around grabbing women by the pussy while nominating an openly partisan rapist to the governing legal body to enact laws meant to continue oppressing said liberals. But you knew the obvious answer when you baited me. Don't particularly care where the convo goes, so re-bait, go.
    I can't tell which has more fantasy elements. Skyrim or your perception of Real-life. lmao.

On-Topic: just booted up Skyrim with 12GB's of Mods. Time to attempt to explore even more of this game I've still yet to.

Trying to playthrough Project AHO or whatever it is, and it's just a big headache. Quest markers that only point to one part of the quest objectives. I literally just cheated in some ingredients for that damn tea quest because I can't be arsed to look for them wherever they are. Now I have to find specific books, and it's infuriating since not all the books in this library are interactable and the bookcases are just static models instead actual bookcases.

I am coming close to just giving up and uninstalling the mod (and remaking my character again). If anyone here has played through it, does it get better?

EDIT

I decided to uninstall it. I got past the library, and I thought it was gonna get better, but I just ran in to an area that I couldn't navigate. Quest markers were of no use.

One day, I'll probably end up playing Enderal.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2018-10-22 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    HA! I could get behind that. Get someone to make the armor and it wouldn't be too hard to turn the rieklings green and make them spawn in caves and ruins and such.

Oooooor just get someone to make the armor and run with this.
    Unfortunately, that mod causes a big drop in FPS that I am going to have to uninstall it. Otherwise it's a good mod.

Skyrim Immersive Creatures also contain Goblins, and it's configurable so it might be better.

i've been playing as a vampire again, and i had an idea.

it would have been cooler if the dragoborn's vampire lord form was different from serana and harkon's. they're a dragon, and a dragon's soul is much more metaphysically profound than a mortal's soul, things that try to manipulate or change it would effect it in a much different way. so i feel like the vampire lord should have had draconic features, maybe horns, scales, a tail.

i also wish they'd have let us be more boastful and arrogant in dialogue. dragons have an innate desire to dominate, so there should have been very competitive, prideful, and domineering dialogue options.

While that'd be cool, Bethesda doesn't have the imagination for such things.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    While that'd be cool, Bethesda doesn't have the imagination for such things.
    i'd say maybe someone thought of it, but it wasn't used cause it's easier to just copy/paste the one vampire lord form they have for males and females.

hmmm, there might be a mod for it. i'll have to look around. it'd probably just be some tacked on dragon assets though, rather than a body built with the dragon parts in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've been playing as a vampire again, and i had an idea.

it would have been cooler if the dragoborn's vampire lord form was different from serana and harkon's. they're a dragon, and a dragon's soul is much more metaphysically profound than a mortal's soul, things that try to manipulate or change it would effect it in a much different way. so i feel like the vampire lord should have had draconic features, maybe horns, scales, a tail.

i also wish they'd have let us be more boastful and arrogant in dialogue. dragons have an innate desire to dominate, so there should have been very competitive, prideful, and domineering dialogue options.
    With Bethesda we’re lucky we got any dialogue options at all. Even then, previous Elder Scrolls entries barely let us choose dialogue options. In Oblvion and Morrowind we just shouted a phrase at an NPC as though they were an Alexa and had a history book thrown at us in dialogue form.

Maybe they’ll change it in TES:VI after the backlash Fallout 4 and 76 got, but I doubt it.

Oh and if you’re going for a Vampire playthrough I highly recommend Sacrosanct. While not visual in nature, it enhances both the normal and Vampire Lord experience and adds roleplaying elements and racial vampire abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    With Bethesda we’re lucky we got any dialogue options at all. Even then, previous Elder Scrolls entries barely let us choose dialogue options. In Oblvion and Morrowind we just shouted a phrase at an NPC as though they were an Alexa and had a history book thrown at us in dialogue form.

Maybe they’ll change it in TES:VI after the backlash Fallout 4 and 76 got, but I doubt it.

Oh and if you’re going for a Vampire playthrough I highly recommend Sacrosanct. While not visual in nature, it enhances both the normal and Vampire Lord experience and adds roleplaying elements and racial vampire abilities.
    i really do hope they listen about dialogue options. i feel like a part of it is being scared to fuck with people's RP, cause if they put an attitude on the dialogue someone is bound to complain about it eventually. it's the same reason they don't let the canon race and gender of previous heroes be known. i honestly don't know whether i'd prefer a more or less open personality for elder scrolls heroes.

and yeah, i've seen sacrosanct before. i'm hesitant to use mods that add lore stuff, since it's not canon and canonicity triggers my autismo powers like crazy. it does have some good changes to gameplay though.

Anyone got any recommendations for an ENB? I've been trying to test this "darker dungeons" mod, but even without light sources, the dungeon is still bright so I guess I need an ENB to make it work right.

- - - Updated - - -

I found an ENB that makes interiors like Dungeons look kinda good, but I so far I don't like the way the exterior looks.

EDIT:

Ugh, I just want to play the game! But here I am downloading about a billion mods just so I can make my game look pretty.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2018-12-06 at 12:55 AM.

you know, going through dawnguard again made me a bit confused.

was mara known as mara pre-allessian empire? because there's at least one statue of mara inside volkihar castle, so i would assume the people there were worshipers of her. even if she was always mara, the statues use cyrodiilic imagery of her, so i'd assume that's post-allessia.

if volkihar castle is post-allessian empire, it's strange that serana wouldn't know cyrodiil was the seat of an empire. though, that could just be a lack of information due to her sheltered life.

If one were to ask you what is the worst part of Skyrim, how would you reply?

For me, the worst thing about Skyrim is also the best thing about it; modding.

It's the worst because, depending on what you are doing, you'll be spending hours installing mods and hope all of them play nice with each other when you just want to play the game. It's the best because when you are finally done modding it, it's like being a child on Christmas morning, and you're just amazed how it looks and feels compared to last years gifts (vanilla, unmodded Skyrim).

2nd worst thing about Skyrim is Vanilla unmodded Skyrim, because without mods the game is 7/10 at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, speaking of modding, it always drives me up the wall that in Bethesda games there is a hard cap on the number of mods you have, and the more you have the worse off the game stability gets, doesn't matter what the mods are. On the other hand I currently have over 300 mods installed for XCOM 2 WotC and it runs smooth as butter and never crashes. I can install most mods mid-game, if I don't like them, I can remove them without too much trouble. You do that in Skyrim and your save is fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Man, you have no idea. I went for Realvision ENB, and of course all the recommended mods hit the performance hard so I decided to uninstall a lot of them. And...

Well... Rain looks like:

Not only am I gonna remake my save (ugh, pain in the ass), I am going to completely reinstall Skyrim because I am that weird about mod breakage.

EDIT: And now the game's crashing for some odd reason, which is gonna make me do yet another complete reinstall. God. Damn. Skyrim. I just want to play the game!
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2018-12-08 at 03:53 PM.

anyone bought the new imperial armor from the cc?

thinking about buying it, but i'm wanting to see how it looks on female characters before i do.

10+ Year Old Account

thinking about buying it, but i'm wanting to see how it looks on female characters before i do.
    From the console command?

5+ Year Old Account

You buy things for Skyrim? That's news to me. Here's the best female armor in Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    You buy things for Skyrim? That's news to me. Here's the best female armor in Skyrim.
    [video=youtube;0RYFAzRiAqM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RYFAzRiAqM[video]
    when something is nice enough, and lore friendly.

that's all i really like about the club, some of the mods can be considered canon. while player mods can't.

when something is nice enough, and lore friendly.

that's all i really like about the club, some of the mods can be considered canon. while player mods can't.
    If summoning a bard bear to play Miserlou as I use dragon shouts from my ass is wrong then I don't want to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    From the console command?
    I think he means the Creation Club.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If summoning a bard bear to play Miserlou as I use dragon shouts from my ass is wrong then I don't want to be right.
    I am still waiting for some one to make Goblin Slayer Armor, why is it taking so long?