Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Seems like they really do want to kill the game off completely if they are bringing this guy back. Scorched earth and salting the ground.

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Welp class balance is in the shitter, so it can only go up.
    1) don't underestimate them
    2) you have a short memory, because except GCD excretion (and by the way this isn't a fact, idea could still belong to him together with Celestalon) direction of class (and PvP, except that they deleted templates, but looks like did tried to work something with scaling) design hasn't changed a lot since his departure, which means...

As for topic: "The Empire Strikes Back!"
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-10-21 at 08:35 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas, Jay Wilson, Brian Holinka, what a dream team
    Can't imagine a worse bunch of "professionals" running WoW.

Seems the decision is "to the ground".
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    something something "blizzard doesnt know what they are doing" something something

< insert blog post about "how i have zero experience in game design yet know more than the developers" >

provide complimentary post about "i critique the game because i love it, yet dont pay for it"

am i doin it right?
    Ion, is that you?

Edit: Why don't you stop pretending like game design is some sort of rocket science. Because it isn't. None of the Blizzard founders, or Ion Hazzikostas or Chris Metzen are game designers with a degree in game design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas, Jay Wilson, Brian Holinka, what a dream team
    Isn't Jay Wilson out??
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2018-10-21 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Yeah, they did. Off the top of my head: fire mage, enhancement shaman, elemental shaman, arms warrior, fury warrior, prot warrior and prot paladins. Hated every last one of them. ESPECIALLY enhancement. They took ALL the fun out of that spec, and it hasn't come back since.
    No experience with those. Shadow and Ret were fun. And I dabbled in BM and Arcane back then which were more meh.
    It's very hard to find anything nice to say about WoD. I loved the Legion Fire Mage, which hey amputated for BfA .

Deleted
    'Guess who's back, back again
    Holinka's back, tell a friend
    Guess who's back, guess who's back?
    Guess who's back?'

Sorry I had to.

As for the results of Holinka's return to WoW, I reserve my opinion for later when he's actually had time to make and impact on any of the class changes.

Also you all now have Eminem's 'Without me' stuck in your heads after reading this post, you're welcome.

I actually liked Ashran, I think it had potential (just like wintergrasp). Too bad it went live in "ok guys no more updates" expansion, if BFA will follow along then same thing will happen to warfronts and islands that people hate but both have potential to be something good.

So PvP Warfronts are pretty much guaranteed now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, I now have a cast time on Rebirth, and on my monk every freaking abilities is on CD every time I use them, so I have to wait like 5 seconds before I can start dpsing because touch of karma,touch of death, the clones, my trinket are all on the GCD..

If some people didn't notice or remember, it's probably because they were not playing right.

Because it's seriously annoying for any melee class.
    Ye its terrible. Ring of peace is on the freaking GCD too, so you cant make those clutch things in BGs, its so annoying. They taking away reactionary skill.
    And its sure lovely that if we want to max our DPS many times we need to taunt to the boss to max our karma, like what???

And ye.. casual BGs are dead because you get no progression towards something when you lose. Meeting russian premades and play for 20 min and get nothing in return sure is fun huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi View Post
    I actually liked Ashran, I think it had potential (just like wintergrasp). Too bad it went live in "ok guys no more updates" expansion, if BFA will follow along then same thing will happen to warfronts and islands that people hate but both have potential to be something good.
    Ashran is pretty much how you would expect Warfronts to work in a PvP-esque setting but with some more domination aspects.

I feel bad for the guy. I don't get why he got so much hate in WoD. Can someone explain that to me? Was it just cause WoD was such a bad expansion overall that everybody was pissed with the game and we needed a scapegoat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi View Post
    Ashran was fun for winning team. Once team got competent leader, other team had 0 chance of recovery even if they get competent leader because after losing few events most people just give up. Endless battleground was a bad idea. It was shit show for alliance.

Well, only vanilla classes are more boring than the current design, maybe BC too. We can only go up from here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astator View Post
    Why aren't they hiring someone that actually plays PvP at high level?
    Because in that case, we'll end up with another 5 years of OP alliance racials?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad news anyone.

They are really dumping all the worst devs into the wow team

Quote Originally Posted by Exxxa View Post
    And ye.. casual BGs are dead because you get no progression towards something when you lose. Meeting russian premades and play for 20 min and get nothing in return sure is fun huh?
    I don't know about russian premades, but I do know I miss being able to get honour for losing and still save up enough over time to buy something.

1960s Robin to 1960s Batman: „HOOOLI NKA!“

2018s Niwes to himself: „Oh boy, that will be funny...
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-10-21 at 10:32 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was this the guy that had that pathetic Twitter argument a few years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    They are really dumping all the worst devs into the wow team
    enough to hold the cash cow alive for milking milking milking. the sheeps (we) pay anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reathyr View Post
    'Guess who's back, back again
    Holinka's back, tell a friend
    Guess who's back?'

Sorry I had to.

As for the results of Holinka's return to WoW, I reserve my opinion for later when he's actually had time to make and impact on any of the class changes.

Also you all now have Eminem's 'Without me' stuck in your heads after reading this post, you're welcome.
    Fits PERECTLY in my 1960s Batman quote. Nice