Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not trying to be that guy, but what would be the difference if these allied races required you to grind current content? Unlocking HM tauren / Nightborne / Void elves / LF draenei is actually easier (story quests give more rep, WQs give more rep, there are more weekly quests with rep for VE / LFd than DI and Maghar, and the rep tokens are a lot easier to get).

If you didnt know that you even have to grind something to get them, its on you for not getting the information. The fact that blizzard doesnt advertise them as new races, but as allied races, already points that something is different.

As for "old content to unlock them" debacle, IIRC blizz is already planning to make the rep grind a lot easier in 8.1.

Sure they could probably increase the amount of rep you gain so it goes alot quicker or add one of those contract that lets you get a small amount of rep for doing stuff outside WQ, but i think its right to have them locked behind reputation, if it was a new race it would be wierder to have them locked behind rep, but now they are a allied race, you build up reputation and trust and then they join you.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    More of a pre-purchase bonus for the current expansion.

Enjoy the grind and next time, read the fine print.
    Speaking of reading, just a few posts above that, I made it pretty clear I already had those reps (and had them LONG before BfA).

And no, the whole Allied Races content is BfA content. The preorder bonus was being able to play those races before BfA came out. If the races were a preorder bonus, you would only be able to play them if you preordered, which isn't the case. Because if I use your... logic, Demon Hunters are a preorder bonus for Legion.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Speaking of reading, just a few posts above that, I made it pretty clear I already had those reps (and had them LONG before BfA).

And no, the whole Allied Races content is BfA content. The preorder bonus was being able to play those races before BfA came out. If the races were a preorder bonus, you would only be able to play them if you preordered, which isn't the case. Because if I use your... logic, Demon Hunters are a preorder bonus for Legion.
    Dont try using logic here

Ive made several threads on this topic at the time predicting this would happen.

I also predicted Blizzard would remove the requirements...but i was wrong.
    Shame on me thinking Blizzard would be reasonable and smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Do you need to raid on different toon you don't care about in outdated content with time gating? No? Is raid gear a new BfA feature being advertised on box? No? Then your comparison is invalid.
    Want me to change it to "Reputaion X" and "Reputation X's Mount"? I can do that too~ in short, want something? Work to achieve something. Cut the whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

Ive made several threads on this topic at the time predicting this would happen.

Yeah, I've seen your posts. Even though I don't think I posted anything in most (or any?) of them, but I've been here long enough to know this is going to turn into a huge shitshow.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Even as someone who already unlocked the four Legion races when they were made available, I agree. I like the allied races and I think they were a neat idea, but the implementation is terrible, particularly for the Legion four. To be honest, they should have just made them Legion content (not requiring BFA).

I'm also increasingly feeling that they should have made it possible to earn heritage armour on boosted or race-changed characters as well. Having to grind out rep with a character you don't want to play, in legacy content, only to then unlock a character you DO want to play (which you then have to level up for heritage armour if you want it) just feels terrible. If you want the armour but don't need another character, you pour hours of game time to level up with a character that you then just end up deleting which feels even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I just came back to wow, wanted this raid's gear, but nope, gotta do the raid first..

I mean... what the hell, Blizzard?
    It's absolutely not the same thing. We're talking about a largely cosmetic feature that was advertised as being part of BFA (and which does in fact require BFA), requiring you to go back and play last expansion's content in order to unlock. As opposed to endgame character progression which is a standard feature of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    If you have alts at 110, you can speed it up further. The rep token rewards from WQs are BoA. And make sure to do the 2 Weekly quests on the Vindicaar. They give a lot of rep.

Of course, if you get the refund, ignore this.
    Small problem with that: rep token are only BoA if the toon getting them is exalted with the faction already.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    More of a pre-purchase bonus for the current expansion.
    You literally cannot choose any of the allied races if the account isn't upgraded to BfA even if you did the Legion grind.

Deleted
    Rep grind for every aspect of the game is beyond idiotic, its a ploy to keep people playing more hours and keeping them subbed. People who are yelling things like " you have to earn it" clearly don't have a job or a social life cause the current game model is not compatible with those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Small problem with that: rep token are only BoA if the toon getting them is exalted with the faction already.
    Unless that was changed after BfA, that's not the case. That rule only applies to Class Hall tokens.

I used that method to unlock those Allied Races on both of my accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    "Oh no the game is making me play it!"

Don't ever try to play FF14 lol
    Where in FF14 do I need to rep grind anything to gain something as big as a race?

All the Beast Tribe dailies give is a mount at the end.

Other than the MSQ FF14 isn't that bad these days. MSQ is a core part of a game like this though so it should be mandatory.

On topic. Wouldn't hurt to have a tabard in at Honored with each rep that increases rep gain from WQs/Dungeons. And then the same for the BFA races when 9.0 happens.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    "Oh no the game is making me play it!"

Don't ever try to play FF14 lol
    FF makes playing old stuff fun, though. Plus the story by the end of ARR, and then through all of Heavensward and Stormblood is pretty great. And sometimes I love to indulge my inner edgelord and LOVED the Dark Knight story. Only time the game felt kind of WoW-y was doing the beastmen tribe things for the mounts, but I love lizards and weird fish things, so I HAD to get those. The kobolds' mount was kind of dumb, but, well, I have it, I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    After having a big break from Wow, I have returned and before purchase of bfa, I read all of new bfa features on official website, I subbed to play an allied race from scratch, but now I need to return to ols content and grind a slow reputation. The world objectives give like 150 and the respawn time is very slow. Thanks Blizzard

Requested bfa refund and sub , this is a shitty implementation post bfa launch.
    i want to eat pizza ...NOPE , need order and pay first or fuck wow im not playin cause boring you knwo ..then i came back and want somethin what someone grind when play xD some people want everything instant

Would be better if there was a continually evolving storyline centered around introduction, explanation and story in regards to the new races,
    something akin to either the class hall storyline or mount quest but more in depth and longer.
    When races are gated behind rep it doesn`t exactly feel rewarding unlocking them, it more evokes a feeling of it being a chore and tedious,
    the reward of being able to create a character of that race becomes a relief after undergoing something uninspiring and obnoxious.

i have to agree with his complain.

BfA advertised feature requiring BfA purchase and forcing legacy content to unlock it really is a misleading advertisement.

And i have all 4 races that required Legion content unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Would be better if there was a continually evolving storyline centered around introduction, explanation and story in regards to the new races,
    something akin to either the class hall storyline or mount quest but more in depth and longer.
    When races are gated behind rep it doesn`t exactly feel rewarding unlocking them, it more evokes a feeling of it being a chore and tedious,
    the reward of being able to create a character of that race becomes a relief after undergoing something uninspiring and obnoxious.
    Oh man, yeah, this is what I was thinking the other day for a solution for both the "having to do something for it" for people who are like "you just want free stuff!" even though I already did the stuff anyway, so I'm like "what? Literally does not apply, I already did the thing" but also fixes the whole "wtf does this rep even have to do with the faction?" problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Glowbear View Post
    It's absolutely not the same thing. We're talking about a largely cosmetic feature that was advertised as being part of BFA (and which does in fact require BFA), requiring you to go back and play last expansion's content in order to unlock. As opposed to endgame character progression which is a standard feature of WoW.
    *Laughs in Void Elf because I actually did the work to unlock the reward*

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah wierd right ? do Legion stuff for Legion features.
    It couldn't be that your masters mislead players and potential players about allied races could it? Because that would require you to admit criticism of your overlords which is a big no-no.

Deleted
    There's nothing wrong with them being behind a rep grind, they aren't intended for new players, they are for max-level players who have experienced the story.
    They have no NPC presence in the old world (except DI dwarves) and they begin at Level 20, for this fact there is no chance the rep grind will ever be removed as it would confuse new players.

However, I can agree it is somewhat nonsensical to spend a lot of time in previous expansions. Imagine if you had to go back 6 expansions and grind The Scryers reputation in order to unlock Blood Elves. Silly, right?

The solution is to add a reputation tabards which grant rep for doing max level dungeons and WQs. Let's say they require Honored, so you still have to go and introduce yourself to the respective race and learn what they are about, but then you can do the grindy part of it in the current expansion's content. Add these for the Legion reps, then when the next expansion rolls out, add them for the BfA reps.
    Last edited by mmoc1e668ebde8; 2018-10-21 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

they probably will do, in a later patch, maybe 8.2 or 8.3, or even 9.0 when bfa becomes old content
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-10-21 at 11:41 AM.