Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I read all of new bfa features on official website, I subbed to play an allied race from scratch, but now I need to return to ols content and grind a slow reputation.
    So, let me get this straight. You were on the official website, read the details of the expansion, but somehow missed the details on that same page telling you that you have to earn their respect? Then neglected to go and read about that race in the race section? Im calling shenanigans. There is no way you say it saying you must first earn their respect and thought they were immediately unlocked.

Its faster to get a void elf then any of the newer allied races. Thats for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Sub Race would make them be different skin Variation but same racials. They have their own unique racials making much closer to a unique race than a sub race.
    Nope. They are a sub race. New racial or not. People would just call it lazy design if their racials where the same. Heck, they don't even get their own cities. The mag'har are literally just standing in a spot in org.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Why dont we have outdoor content or solo content to get mythic raid gear?
    Why dont we got PvE content to get PvP rewards?

Should i go on or do you understand the way you sound is pretty mutch with everything in this game.
    Not really. Your post implies that I want it to be easier. I just want it to not be lame, and actually have stuff to do with the allied races, unless you're going to tell me that it makes sense that we had to get Honorbound rep for orcs that are in a different planet that's in a different reality.

So tell me, do you want it to be challenging and fun to get an allied race, or do you want it to be some dumb rep grind that even a paraplegic pangolin could do and you're likely going to get anyway because of world quests? No one's giving me allied races for reading posts on MMO-Champ and I'd say this is a way bigger slog than having to grind a rep.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    rep grind that even a paraplegic pangolin could do
    Well, apparently, you can't. Determination is a skill in itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    After having a big break from Wow, I have returned and before purchase of bfa, I read all of new bfa features on official website, I subbed to play an allied race from scratch, but now I need to return to ols content and grind a slow reputation. The world objectives give like 150 and the respawn time is very slow. Thanks Blizzard

Requested bfa refund and sub , this is a shitty implementation post bfa launch.
    1 year ago called, it wants it's news back. There's already a couple dozen topics whining about allied race unlocks, not sure why you felt like we needed a blog from you about it, but we didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Surprise, you have to play the game to unlock some things. You aren't just handed everything without effort...what a terrible design right?
    Indeed. /10char
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Not really. Your post implies that I want it to be easier. I just want it to not be lame, and actually have stuff to do with the allied races, unless you're going to tell me that it makes sense that we had to get Honorbound rep for orcs that are in a different planet that's in a different reality.

So tell me, do you want it to be challenging and fun to get an allied race, or do you want it to be some dumb rep grind that even a paraplegic pangolin could do and you're likely going to get anyway because of world quests? No one's giving me allied races for reading posts on MMO-Champ and I'd say this is a way bigger slog than having to grind a rep.
    Helping the Army of the Light defeat the Legion once and for all is literally as 'to do with the allied races' as it gets. Helping Alleria further master/control the void is directly what leads to her being able to teach blood elves to do it. The entire ZONE of Suramar was built around empowering and freeing the Nightborne from Elisande's deal with the Legion.

So you might wanna come up with a better argument?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is there a group of people out there who thinks "Oh, now that discussion on feature x is dying down, let me see if I cannot get the forums to burn by flogging another horse that looked dead"
    Oh absolutely. These forums provide ample proof of that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I expected them to to make them available as BFA launched, it literally makes no sense to lock them behind previous expansion reps.

While waiting feels bad too, aren't they making the Legion-Related Allied races easier to unlock in 8.1?

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Well, apparently, you can't. Determination is a skill in itself.
    Yikes. Guess you haven't read anything I've posted in this very thread, right in the first page where it takes 0 effort to reach and read. I already have all the reps and allied races unlocked. I even have the heritage armor for Nightborne (don't like the others enough to bother. Maybe I'll get the Mag'har one later for the boots).

Oh, and determination (as in, being resolute, not determining stuff) isn't a skill, it's an attribute. Like being a carbon based life form isn't a skill. You can be determined. You can be a carbon based life form. You can be unnecessarily snarky without bothering to read anything else I've posted. Not a skill.
    Last edited by Biske; 2018-10-21 at 01:20 PM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I expected them to to make them available as BFA launched, it literally makes no sense to lock them behind previous expansion reps.
    Except it "literally" makes "literal" sense. Nothing from previous expansions should be given for nothing. I don't remember people being mailed all Legion legendaries for transmog in BFA or all Legion mounts and pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    No. It's moronic that a returning player has to go back to the other expansion to create a playable race. I get mounts etc. but not the most important part of an RPG.

I'd do the same as the OP and request a refund.

My friend who I invited back did the same - he saw that he could be a cool elf now in the horde but nope - had to grind. And he's not the kind of player who grinds... unfortunate.
    Its probably for the best that they don't design around the 'WAHHH I REFUSE TO DO THIS' kind of player.

The Legion allied races were easy to get for people who played Legion and did the quests and such. I've already unlocked the Dark Irons/orcs, and as best I can tell, I meet the requirements Blizz has alluded to in order to unlock KT humans when we get those.

There's really nothing unreasonable about it, at least not for people who actively play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    While waiting feels bad too, aren't they making the Legion-Related Allied races easier to unlock in 8.1?
    I think they're boosting the rep or something, but I'm not 100% sure. Won't stop the entitled instant-oatmeal types from whining about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Well, maybe you should have grinded that content when it was new. Not our fault, and we don't give a fuck.
    My god man. Really? People like you are why they dont give players Pathfinder after an expac.

SHUT.

THE.

HELL.

UP.

I started playing again primarily at the end of Legion (took a break during WOD). So, because I took a break, I should now have to do old, outdated, timegated content for basically no reason? As mentioned before, this is fine for like mounts and mogs and all that but for a playable race? You didnt need to do any rep grinds/quests for a DK, Monk, Panda, Blood Elf, Draenai...

Them deciding it needs a rep grind is fine when its the current expansion, but at this point Legion is done. Thankfully, they recognize this a little bit and are doubling you rep you get for Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever Dude View Post
    Here comes intellectually superior Aeluron Lightsong on the horse he rides in on to look down on us with a drive-by troll comment as usual. Quality posting as always.

First, these are premium races that you access after a certain amount of time and dedication specific to each race.

Second, everyone likes attunements, so here they are.

What could be done better is that they are advertised as such and not lead people with wrong expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    1 year ago called, it wants it's news back. There's already a couple dozen topics whining about allied race unlocks, not sure why you felt like we needed a blog from you about it, but we didn't.
    Hehehehe my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    No. It's moronic that a returning player has to go back to the other expansion to create a playable race. I get mounts etc. but not the most important part of an RPG.

I'd do the same as the OP and request a refund.

My friend who I invited back did the same - he saw that he could be a cool elf now in the horde but nope - had to grind. And he's not the kind of player who grinds... unfortunate.
    Its one of those things that make me wonder why the community accepts it.

Reskin of original Race - check
    Requires xpac like other races have in the past - check
    Somehow community accepts that you have to rep grind when in the past you got a whole new looking race with a rep grind -check
    Community accepts this all because blind loyalty to blizzard -check
    Will likely accept if they add a rep grind to new classes or specs -check

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Except it "literally" makes "literal" sense. Nothing from previous expansions should be given for nothing. I don't remember people being mailed all Legion legendaries for transmog in BFA or all Legion mounts and pets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Won't stop the entitled instant-oatmeal types from whining about it though.
    To be fair, it doesn't help that Battle for Azeroth advertises Nightborne and Lightforged as examples in text.
    And displays the 4 unlocked in Legion content under a web-page marked as Battle for Azeroth.

People's expectations were built on that, you'd expect to unlock a BFA feature in BFA content.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...s/allied-races

"Venture forth as one of the new playable Allied Races in Battle for Azeroth. Earn the respect of the Nightborne, Lightforged draenei, and other noble allies, and you’ll unlock the ability to create new prestige characters of that race."

The way Blizzard has worded it, makes it sound like you "earn the respect of. . ." the allied races in Battle for Azeroth.

I imagine people don't expect to buy Battle for Azeroth(if they missed out on Legion) and have to do a Legion-related rep grind.
    Especially when people were hoping the rep grind thing was simply an "early access" unlock.

I already have it all unlocked. But a couple friends were excited for Lightforged and Void Elves.
    They disliked the rep grind heavily.
    One quit within the grind-time, the other has stayed and she enjoys her Void Elf.

Ultimately it doesn't bother me personally, but I'm not a fan of seeing friends quit when they have to grind to play the character they want, before getting to play the new BFA content. (and they'll have to lv 20-110 to get back to BFA content too)
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2018-10-21 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Allied races are for players who put extra effort in the game.

You want to unlock allied races? work to get it.
    You want full mythic gear? work to get it.

Same shit.
    People feel so entitled to just get everything handed to them, it's absolutely ridiculous. Sadly Blizzard has been encouraging this line of thinking for years now and whenever they try to take a step back away from it everyone starts crying on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyridian View Post
    My god man. Really? People like you are why they dont give players Pathfinder after an expac.
    I'm glad they don't.

After having a big break from Wow, I have returned and before purchase of bfa, I read all of new bfa features on official website, I subbed to play an allied race from scratch, but now I need to return to ols content and grind a slow reputation. The world objectives give like 150 and the respawn time is very slow. Thanks Blizzard

You refunded for that? Why didn't you actually read their stuff on allied races?

Went to their own website just in case, I will admit it is slightly ambiguous.

"Venture forth as one of the new playable Allied Races in Battle for Azeroth. Earn the respect of the Nightborne, Lightforged draenei, and other noble allies, and you’ll unlock the ability to create new prestige characters of that race." https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...s/allied-races

Also last I checked they're doubling the rep rewards for legion WQs for allied race factions in a future patch. Probably 8.1.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-10-21 at 01:47 PM.

It is strange that a feature of BFA requires rep from a previous expansion. From a story point of view, it partially makes sense that it requires some of rep with the faction before they join but there were no rep that were specifically tie to some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah wierd right ? do Legion stuff for Legion features.
    Seeing how you must buy BFA to access that makes them a BFA feature not Legion.

Unless you can tell me that Void Elfs are playable without BFA.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD