Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, we don't know but considering they floor when they arrive, I am quite sure they weren't invited to come in the first place. Doesn't help that our planet is hemorrhaging a powerful substance that can make you a powerful foe of yourself. As well, the nature of Azeroth seem to be more hostile than that of Draenor, and could function in a Botani's favor.
    Azeroth's nature is much more tame than Draenor's, the Botani themselves are what happens when you let spirit energy get out of whack. Azeroth has a world soul so much of the spirit goes directly into fueling it with nutrients, this results in low spirit levels but hostile elemental forces because they are all trying to get a piece of what is a more-rare resource. Draenor didn't have a world soul and the spirit energy got so out of control Aggramar himself had to create the Breakers to combat it for it to even be hospitable to regular life. Even after that Draenor still has bountiful amounts of spirit which is why the elementals are pretty chill there, and then you got things like the Botani that could get out of hand if left alone for extended periods of time again.

It's hard to say how being on Azeroth could impact the Botani, but it's probably safe to say they could mellow out and potentially be capable of reason. They are supposedly pretty intelligent, but not civilized by any means. With a lack of spirit to fuel their previous way of life I could see them creating allies with one of the factions for their own survival. On the other hand they could be desperate for Azerite which is probably overwhelming with spirit energy due to being Azeroth's lifeblood, so they might do anything they can to get a hold of it to continue what they were doing previously.

While it would be neat to see both Saberon and Botani as allied races, I don't think they are much more than savages currently. I think a more realistic outcome for them running off at the end of the Mag'har scenario would be if we see a Barrens warfront sometime during BFA, with Botani and Saberon having camps/settlements similar to how there are forest trolls and ogres all over Arathi and are targets of quests/rare spawns for items and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    Northern Barrens on Draenor?
    Sorry, was my grammar bad? English is not my first language T T

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Sorry, was my grammar bad? English is not my first language T T
    No I was just confused. I did the scenario and I didn't notice that they escaped through a portal to Azeroth. When did that happen exactly? Is there a screenshot of this?

I don't get why people want so many new races. Won't that just mean the game is even more watered down than it already is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    No I was just confused. I did the scenario and I didn't notice that they escaped through a portal to Azeroth. When did that happen exactly? Is there a screenshot of this?
    https://youtu.be/cEaurbg7XtQ?t=1463

You can barely see them at the back of the troops; some botani saberons escaping at the back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    I don't get why people want so many new races. Won't that just mean the game is even more watered down than it already is?
    Do you the difference between a class and a race and which one would water down the game?

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I have been theorizing that the Saberon might join as an allied race for a while now. If they actually escaped and ended up on Azeroth, that only supports this further. They share animations with Worgen, the only thing they are missing are female models. I could see them joining Horde.

This would be, however, at the cost of Sethrakk, which a lot of people assume are a 'given' as a counterpoint to Vulpera for Horde, which actually is a given. I'm not so sure at all myself, Saberon I think would be more popular, and giving Saberon to Horde would support Alliance getting a Horde race... you know, the 'redeemed undead' led by Calia.

Just thinking.
    sethrak are on horde side....or do alliances have quest with them too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    https://youtu.be/cEaurbg7XtQ?t=1463

You can barely see them at the back of the troops; some botani saberons escaping at the back.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you the difference between a class and a race and which one would water down the game?
    Oh wow, never even saw that. Maybe Saberon as an Allied Race for the Horde. And Botani are gonna have a lot of fun with that regrown part in the Southern Barrens.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    sethrak are on horde side....or do alliances have quest with them too?
    Yeah, they let the Alliance set up their foothold in Vol'dun. Vulpera are much more distinctly aligned with the Horde between those two races.

I think Saberon for Horde if they go that route just because they are sort of Worgen opposite, being cats.

7+ Year Old Account
    i hope blizzard is not dumb, and use then in the future, Draenor have the best options to make allied races

We can get Gorian ogres and Saberon for horde and Arakkoa and botani for the alliance easily

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i hope blizzard is not dumb, and use then in the future, Draenor have the best options to make allied races

We can get Gorian ogres and Saberon for horde and Arakkoa and botani for the alliance easily
    Did we ever saw arakkoa with the maghars after we finish the quest? I only saw ogres, gronns and the cats/plants cameo
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Did we ever saw arakkoa with the maghars after we finish the quest? I only saw ogres, gronns and the cats/plants cameo
    we don't rly need to see then though, they could say we just didn't saw it

Gotta consider that Arakkoa are the other "big faction" if we can call it that in Draenor, so it is possible that the spires of Arak are still on their control, much like it was relatively safe during wod, or it is even possible that they found their own way out of Draenor. Also, half of them use the light, so maybe the lightbound are cool with them?

we don't rly need to see then though, they could say we just didn't saw it
    While that is dumb because the explanation is just "because reasons" I sadly can see blizzard using that excuse

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Gotta consider that Arakkoa are the other "big faction" if we can call it that in Draenor, so it is possible that the spires of Arak are still on their control, much like it was relatively safe during wod, or it is even possible that they found their own way out of Draenor. Also, half of them use the light, so maybe the lightbound are cool with them?
    I have the feeling if they ever appear again, we are gonna see them as fodder for the light vs void expansion because their society was divided between light and shadow and probably the shadow worshippers went to the void to escape the crusade.

Beside I have the feeling we are gonna see the light orcs joining the alliance
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Beside I have the feeling we are gonna see the light orcs joining the alliance
    Oh boy, this thread is just about to become an explosion of screeching

I'm fine with it as long as Horde gets like, Defias humans or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    While that is dumb because the explanation is just "because reasons" I sadly can see blizzard using that excuse
    i don't see how is that much dumb, a lot of races came from the portal, we just didn't saw all of then

seems ok to me

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always found the idea of Botani kind of weird in the Alliance (or anywhere to be fair), because of how they reproduce and use other races (basically as walking seed carrier), we even have a quest in WOD where the Forsaken are investigating the Botani and also helping one of the Maghar clan kill many of them, cause they are way too much like the Lich King for their taste.

Hard to say up until now all the allied races are part of the story and require a rep grind to unlock, saberon through perfect as worgen subrace (i think they share the skelly with the worgen) have actually 0 presence in both kul'tiras and zandalar and no rep.

If the had a relevant role in story beyond 8.1 and its possible for them to become an allied race, i'm 100% sure that blizzard will never unlock one without us grinding a rep for at last a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I have always found the idea of Botani kind of weird in the Alliance (or anywhere to be fair), because of how they reproduce and use other races (basically as walking seed carrier), we even have a quest in WOD where the Forsaken are investigating the Botani and also helping one of the Maghar clan kill many of them, cause they are way too much like the Lich King for their taste.
    i don't think they reproduce using other races did they? they use other races as puppets as far as i know

besides, their theme, of "nature race" devoted of life, like the night elves(and thus their connection with the faction) but still somehow bloodthirsty and savage could work rly well in the alliance, like taking things from both spheres

Nah, people doesn't care about core races anymore, they even teased alliance taurens in a book

i don't think they reproduce using other races did they? they use other races as puppets as far as i know

besides, their theme, of "nature race" devoted of life, like the night elves(and thus their connection with the faction) but still somehow bloodthirsty and savage could work rly well in the alliance, like taking things from both spheres
    The botani are more like nelves in wc3 than the current night elves but I doubt we are gonna see anything from them except for rare events in the barren warfront if happens because blizzard has already said the allied races will be involved with the current plot, so those guys has to travel to either zandalar and kultiras or the new island/place the story has to focus in the next patches