Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    activision and blizzard have been together since 2007. its not a new thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel it's disingenuous to put all of the blame of Activision.

I'm sure they're responsible for a lot, but people blame every little thing on them without a shred of proof that it's them pushing it.

we got female worgen before activision, no? That's my opinion

Edit: post above me says since 2007? If that's the case, then that's everything but Vanilla o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I feel it's disingenuous to put all of the blame of Activision.

I'm sure they're responsible for a lot, but people blame every little thing on them without a shred of proof that it's them pushing it.
    But when have people here ever needed proof for anything, they often see something that fits with their opinion and just runs with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a fair assessment to actually put some blame on the almost entirely new dev team we got from WoD up to now.
    Do you think the game will stay the same if you hire new developers that has a vastly different philosophy regarding the game?

Though I am a bit surprised that this is apparently Ions "vision" for the game as he played it for years in Elitist Jerks and seemingly had a lot more passion about it back then.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    we got female worgen before activision, no? That's my opinion

Edit: post above me says since 2007? If that's the case, then that's everything but Vanilla o.0
    Activision merged with Blizzard about a year after TBC released.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I think it's a fair assessment to actually put some blame on the almost entirely new dev team we got from WoD up to now.
    Do you think the game will stay the same if you hire new developers that has a vastly different philosophy regarding the game?

Though I am a bit surprised that this is apparently Ions "vision" for the game as he played it for years in Elitist Jerks and seemingly had a lot more passion about it back then.

Activision merged with Blizzard about a year after TBC released.
    Huh, for some reason I thought it had happened around MoP... Memory sucks man.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    stockholders and board members say otherwise. stocks are traded on the NASDAQ under ATVI. board members are majority activision reps. board members make decisions.
    Incorrect. ATVI listed as "Activision-Blizzard" by the exchange itself. https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/atvi. There are no "activision reps". Activision is not a separate corporate entity - it's just an internal label. The board is appointed by the shareholders, which are mostly hedge funds.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    A corporation exists to make money for the shareholders...period and full stop.
    Personally, I find this to be morally reprehensible. What it tells me is that money is more important than the people they are constantly fleecing. I'm not just talking about Activision-Blizzard. This is "corporate reality". Unfortunately it doesn't line up with actual reality and eventually will blow up or eat itself. I don't know when, but one day capitalism is going to die. It may not happen in my lifetime, or even during the lifetime anyone else here, but it's going to happen.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

You shouldn't free the current devs from their part in whatever lame design they come up with. It IS their fault, and the players need to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    No, but it's behind rushing products for monetary gains. So it's factor, but not a cause.
    This is the correct answer.

Sorry, but the current (and recently previous) design teams are the ones who take most of the responsibility.

Hey, this topic again, great!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah like every single company in existence.
    Yeah except Rockstar or CD Project that rather delay their games to polish them instead of giving us a pile of s*. Sure they're not perfect either and have problems too but it's better than playing early access / open betas (and nothing else is BfA at the moment).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir View Post
    Activision isn't a separate entity. Blizzard is a product label and a studio location - there is just one company - Activision-Blizzard. There is no Activision overlord. Look at the Blizzard careers page: https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings. It has openings for Call of Duty related positions.
    Yes there is. All of the leading positions at Activision Blizzard are former Activision leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard was starting to get arrogant in the early WoW days, before the Activision merger.

In the grand scheme, yes it is Activision's fault. For example they force these horrible deadlines and tell the developers that they want players to spend more time in the game. However it's on the shoulders of the WoW team that they implemented crap like Titanforging, Azerite, AP, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're certainly breathing down Blizzard's neck, wich has consenquences

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Hi, do you guys believe that Activision is behind Wow’s bad decision making?
    For them its a great decision as long as they make fast cash, but for the rest of us we just angry about where wow is going

Thoughts?
    Of course. Also did your last account get banned or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Blizzard was starting to get arrogant in the early WoW days, before the Activision merger.
    When was this? Because the last thing Blizzard worked on without Activision's input was Wrath, which is highly regarded as the best expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Blizzard went from "Soon (tm)" as a mark for polishing the game till it's ready, to meeting deadlines and releasing games buggy and unfinished.
    As much as I agree, even their games that came out when they were ready were riddled with bugs requiring patches along the way to correct. Also, if that were the case, whay did we spend a year in ICC, DS, SoO, and HFC if Activision was so intent on rushing out expansions just for the money?

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    This is great for a corporation, but this is a shitty deal for the consumer.
    Except, presumably, for the consumers who are buying the new products the corporation made by reinvesting the profits from the older ones.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"