Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yes it is. Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
    https://www.badgut.org/information-c...-gut-syndrome/ It is not a thing. At best it's a symptom of other diseases that has been blown out of proportion.

Things like the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and gluten free diets are things actual dieticians and doctors are beginning to recommend, but I guess they're "quacks", amiright? Everyone who knows more than you is a big quacky ducky, quack quack quack. Fuck off with your fake arguments, child.
    Source please. https://www.relias.com/blog/debunkin...utism-symptoms

Except many researchers have claimed that they have seen undeniable evidence of gut yeast impacting the behavior and cognitive ability of autistic people, but again with no sources and no real counter argument everyone you don't like is a quacky quack ducky. What a fool.
    Credible researchers? Because they tend not to be. Or they have some other degree, like chiropractor, that magically makes them experts on diet as well. Which is bullshit. Source. Please.

Good thing you have zero platform to influence anything, because you deserve no acknowledgement. You SCREECH "quack, quack, everyone is a quack even trained and verified medical professionals and researchers who are beginning to examine autism in a new light!!! QUACK QUACK QUACK" but you have no evidence, no professional claims otherwise, no nothing. You just prefuse and cry that everyone who disagrees with you is wrong wrong wrong.
    I get really pissed when people peddle bullshit that gets other innocent and/or compromised people hurt or killed by pseudo-science.

Everything should be optional, if not then you become a commie/nazi. People that like to force anything upon other people just hate freedom and free will of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uuuuh, no thanks. I like my personality as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    https://www.badgut.org/information-c...-gut-syndrome/ It is not a thing. At best it's a symptom of other diseases that has been blown out of proportion.
    You didn't even fucking read this source. You didn't read this source, you do not know what this source says. Holy fuck this is next level.

First of all, it's dispelling myths that eating fruit will cause yeast in the intestine and it's dispelling the need for pseudo-science treatments and actually says that IT'S FINE TO EAT SPECIFIC DIETS IF YOU HAVE FOOD INTOLERANCES LIKE GLUTEN.

Jesus Christ. Just stop already. You're an embarrassment.

Congrats on finally linking a source that isn't counter-productive to your ignorant and uneducated statements. Yes, I was aware of the 2016 study, as it was actually around the time I started getting involved with Specific Carbohydrate/GFCF diets. There's conflicting evidence as to whether or not it can work on everyone or not, and I am not someone who says "if your kid is autistic, then a special diet will 100% help", and never in this thread have I said that; the contrary, actually. It's not been proven to help every recipient but it does help many low functioning individuals, I have seen it work with my own eyes. There's scrutiny against these specialized diets not because there's intense fear they won't work, but because people are worried that children won't get proper nutrition and that many of diets will become "fad diets". These claims are fair, if not a bit over reactive. Any proper Specific Carbohydrate Diet will leave plenty of room for sources of proper nutrition, even if it has to be supplemented.

You also didn't read or fully understand this source, by the way. You quickly googled something and skimmed it to see if it disagreed with me. I bet you can't even tell me, without looking at the article again, who even conducted the research lol.

Credible researchers? Because they tend not to be. Or they have some other degree, like chiropractor, that magically makes them experts on diet as well. Which is bullshit. Source. Please.
    I'm not digging for sources for a guy like you. No thanks.

Edit: For clarification to others: This guy doesn't even read his own fucking sources so it's fruitless for me to bother finding and giving mine. He won't read them. He'll skim them, maybe. He's unopen to any counter-arguments because he's a brainless automaton with an axe to grind. He's done nothing but wildly and baselessly suggest that everyone who considers diet to have an effect on gut health and autism symptoms is some boogeyman who is trying to peddle snake oil supplements or something. He doesn't even grasp his own fucking arguments, so why waste time providing him with any truths? He's proven several times he can't handle it.

I get really pissed when people peddle bullshit that gets other innocent and/or compromised people hurt or killed by pseudo-science.
    No you don't, you're just an angry no-nothing with a biased attitude who is unreceptive to anything that challenges a view you made in zero knowledge or understanding. You came to an immediate and knee-jerk decision about this and are now vehemently angry towards any evidence or educated professionals that are in contrast to you. To you, literally anyone who disagrees with you is some kind of ass-bleaching snake oil conman- even when they're not peddling anything. Someone as simple as saying "this diet has been observed to help certain individuals with ASD", you shit in your own hand and smear it on the wall while screaming NOOOO UR LYING TO HURT PPL.

You don't really care about anyone else, this is all about you and your fragile, paper-thin baby's first ego. I'm blocking you now, because your posts are, frankly, fucking garbage.
    Last edited by therealstegblob; 2018-10-20 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    You don't really care about anyone else, this is all about you and your fragile, paper-thin baby's first ego. I'm blocking you now, because your posts are, frankly, fucking garbage.
    Likewise. Pff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It’s not debatable at all. You’d be a complete and utter idiot to think Autistic people don’t have emotions no matter where on the spectrum they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda ya, hubcap says there’s a “cure” you say that it makes them go bonkers because they can’t cope with emotions as if they had none before.
    https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/...e-my-marriage/

I don't know if this article is real or not or if this is some sort of placebo effect but this guy received electrical stimulation to parts of his brain and it destroyed his life.

For 50 years I made the best of how I was, because there was nothing else I could do. Then I was offered a chance to participate in a study at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. Investigators at the Berenson-Allen Center there were studying transcranial magnetic stimulation, or T.M.S., a noninvasive procedure that applies magnetic pulses to stimulate the brain. It offers promise for many brain disorders. Several T.M.S. devices have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of severe depression, and others are under study for different conditions. (It’s still in the experimental phase for autism.) The doctors wondered if changing activity in a particular part of the autistic brain could change the way we sense emotions. That sounded exciting. I hoped it would help me read people a little better.

They say, be careful what you wish for. The intervention succeeded beyond my wildest dreams — and it turned my life upside down. After one of my first T.M.S. sessions, in 2008, I thought nothing had happened. But when I got home and closed my eyes, I felt as if I were on a ship at sea. And there were dreams — so real they felt like hallucinations. It sounds like a fairy tale, but the next morning when I went to work, everything was different. Emotions came at me from all directions, so fast that I didn’t have a moment to process them.
    It took 5 years to return to a normal life and he was arguably worse off trying to fix himself. There is no cure, not one that someone on the spectrum would want. Trying to rewire someone's brain is impossible.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2018-10-21 at 09:44 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I am against 'forcing' cures, unless they are a severe danger to themselves or others. Which they wouldn't be. So in essence, I am against it.
    Curing things like AIDS and cancer is a no brainier, but things like autism becomes a subject of pride because many people who have autism have made it a strength. But I've seen Autistic children basically drop kick adults and throw desks at them. Randomly out of nowhere for no reason. Mind you there are multiple levels of autism and different people handle it differently, but yea those people need a cure. In fact if you act up and go to a public school, many public schools won't take those kids unless they're heavily medicated, which is basically forcing a treatment on them. Which is understandable when some of them are wearing diapers at the age of 15.

Some day we'll have a cure, and some day it will be mandatory for those who have autism to take it. Either forced by schools or forced by corporations cause time is money and they don't have time for your bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    Curing things like AIDS and cancer is a no brainier, but things like autism becomes a subject of pride because many people who have autism have made it a strength. But I've seen Autistic children basically drop kick adults and throw desks at them. Randomly out of nowhere for no reason. Mind you there are multiple levels of autism and different people handle it differently, but yea those people need a cure. In fact if you act up and go to a public school, many public schools won't take those kids unless they're heavily medicated, which is basically forcing a treatment on them. Which is understandable when some of them are wearing diapers at the age of 15.

Some day we'll have a cure, and some day it will be mandatory for those who have autism to take it. Either forced by schools or forced by corporations cause time is money and they don't have time for your bullshit.
    I imagine that far in the future it would simply be easier to just detect genes for autism in embryos and abort them there, not that I would obviously want that, but it would 1000% more ethical terminating an embryo than manually rewiring the brain of a child, teen or an adult.

It should obviously be mandatory.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/...e-my-marriage/

I don't know if this article is real or not or if this is some sort of placebo effect but this guy received electrical stimulation to parts of his brain and it destroyed his life.

It took 5 years to return to a normal life and he was arguably worse off trying to fix himself. There is no cure, not one that someone on the spectrum would want. Trying to rewire someone's brain is impossible.
    This has nothing to do with feeling emotions though. This is about being able to pick up ques from people that he couldn’t before not about feeling emotions that he didn’t before.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Autism causes a measurable decline in quality of life - that's why it is classified as a neurodevelopmental disorder. It may be extremely tiny, with the person being mostly normal with the exception for some social difficulties, or gigantic, where the person can barely function without 24/7 assistance. Still, you don't get the autism diagnosis unless a psychiatric expert has determined that your quality of life is impaired to some degree. Otherwise autism would be considered a personality type, not a psychiatric disorder.

So no, you're not Linux to my Windows, you're Windows with critical files missing in the Windows folder. Not enough for the system to crash, but enough to create a measurable interruption in the normal functioning of the system.

If the neanderthals had survived to the modern day, they'd be Linux.
    You are also forgetting our unique way of thinking and confronting problems, which is what I mean when I say we are "Linux".
    We are specifically hired in some industries, like IT, because we don't think like neurotypicals, and add things to the table that wouldn't have come up otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no unless the burden for cause can be proven, along the lines of autism in some way being harmful.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    I imagine that far in the future it would simply be easier to just detect genes for autism in embryos and abort them there, not that I would obviously want that, but it would 1000% more ethical terminating an embryo than manually rewiring the brain of a child, teen or an adult.
    It depends on what you consider ethical. Is it ethical to let someone be hindered by a disease? Is it ethical to let someone have a disease that not only makes them a danger to others but themselves as well? Most autistic people are perfectly functional in society, but some of that comes for drugs that constantly treat the disease. Taking SSRIs, anxiety medications, and other stuff isn't exactly much better than a one time cure.

There maybe a day we all needs to have something done mentally to keep up with societal norms.

If they are unable to decide on their own, then sure, their guardian can decide for them. If they are able to decide on their own, then no, they shouldn't have this forced on them unless they are a danger to themselves or others.

You seem to obsessively hate autism; that sounds like a personal problem. I can't help you with that.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-10-22 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Life Capital View Post
    It should obviously be mandatory.
    I'unno about you but I'd like to keep my personality intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Gondola View Post
    I'unno about you but I'd like to keep my personality intact.
    Its still your same personality, youd just be more empathetic and less reliant on medication if you use that.

Its still your same personality, youd just be more empathetic and less reliant on medication if you use that.
    That's one of the biggest myths about autism there are. That we lack empathy and sympathy.

Many of us are the opposite, overly emotional. Me, I'm the ISFJ personality type. That doesn't go hand in hand with a huge lack of empathy.

Do you even know what autism is? Doesn't sound like you do.

Also Guardian Bob is an idiot if he really thinks that garbage.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    If they are unable to decide on their own, then sure, their guardian can decide for them. If they are able to decide on their own, then no, they shouldn't have this forced on them unless they are a danger to themselves or others.
    That's what I said. Some of them have been know to attack themselves and others.

You seem to obsessively hate autism; that sounds like a personal problem. I can't help you with that.
    I have a good deal of experience on those with autism. Some are just fine, but some are taking out a knife and trying to stab their mother with it, and throwing desks at teachers.

No other answer is needed: Informed consent is a thing.

The day it stops being a thing is when you're living in a fascist country. And at that point, you should be real fucking scared what kinds of procedures they're going to make you do without it.