Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    All allied Races are rep grinds. it will take you only about a month to get the rep need for Void Elves, or less if you use rep bonus gain buffs.
    A month? Are you playing only 15 minutes a day?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Again, show the rest of this thread a prior race or class introduction that needed any sort of legacy content completion.
    How is this even connected? There are mounts that are given to you, there are mounts that require some work. The same with races.

Also Death Knights and Demon Hunters.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    A month? Are you playing only 15 minutes a day?

- - - Updated - - -

How is this even connected? There are mounts that are given to you, there are mounts that require some work. The same with races.

How long do you think it should take then.

What about DK and DH?

Who's talking about mounts?

DK's required a level 55 character, and Wrath itself required a level 70 to even play the content. Irrelevant.
    DH's required a level 70 to roll in an expansion that started at 100. Again, irrelevant. Monks, panda's, goblins, worgen, had no requirements at all aside from purchasing the relevant expansion.

DK's required a level 55 character, and Wrath itself required a level 70 to even play the content. Irrelevant.
    DH's required a level 70 to roll in an expansion that started at 100. Again, irrelevant. Monks, panda's, goblins, worgen, had no requirements at all aside from purchasing the relevant expansion.
    As others have pointed out, allied races are called that for a reason. They aren't the same as the other playable races, hence having to be unlocked.

Mounts are cosmetics just like races. And pandas, goblins and whatever are main races, unlike allied races which are supposed to be rare

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    How long do you think it should take then.
    Got the Honorbound exalted in 1.5 week doing relevant level content without flying mount. Easily achievable in less than a week for Legion quests. Make it twice as fast when they increase rep gain by 100% in next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I just came back to wow, wanted this raid's gear, but nope, gotta do the raid first..

I mean... what the hell, Blizzard?

this is what I thought of when I read this ridiculous thread as well... people want things given to them for free. yes, the rep grind will take a little while, but honestly not that long... Blizzard has given you so many ways to increase the rep gains and people still complain. the main issue here is people don't realize by doing these rep gains, it's part of actually "playing" the game. Blizzard wants you to play the game, earn things for playing the game, feel accomplished. They are going to make the reps account wide next patch even.. why are people still complaining about things like this?

all these complaints are basically complaining about "having to play the game"
    Last edited by Falynn1; 2018-10-21 at 05:17 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Mounts are cosmetics just like races. And pandas, goblins and whatever are main races, unlike allied races which are supposed to be rare

- - - Updated - - -

Got the Honorbound exalted in 1.5 week doing relevant level content without flying mount. Easily achievable in less than a week for Legion quests. Make it twice as fast when they increase rep gain by 100% in next patch.
    Argussian Reach in less than a week for Void Elves?

Why can't we have anything reward-based / playing-based like other games without people complaining? Other games have hidden / unlockable skins, etc... How is this any different?

People actually want to roll new characters because the new races sound fun, but then find that what they want to do is locked behind a time-gated grind that puts the reward past their reward-horizon so they just don't do it and likely unsub sooner as a result.

Blizzard should be excited that people may actually want to play the game more (on a new race). Grinds to unlock rewards are fine, but grinds to enable more game play should be stupid from Blizzard's point of view because they actively prevent people from engaging with the game.

If you need an extra grind, make it something you can do WHILE playing on the new race.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    New account. Sensational topic that has been talked about to death. Banned... Good Job you!
    Banned for what?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have unlocked every allied race except Dark Irons (didn't level an alliance character yet), and I agree that it's a big barrier that can be a huge turn off for a new or returning player who wants to play one of these races as their main. They would need to level a character they don't care about to at least 110, grind the rep and do the unlock, and only then can they create the character they want (or pay for a race change if they have the disposable money and don't care for heritage set).

I understand why allied races work as they do, but for an entire race, I think it's way too much of a barrier for those who weren't around during Legion like I was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP let us know how that refund is going.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

QQ less work harder, NEXT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah wierd right ? do Legion stuff for Legion features.
    They NOT Legion features. You could not get them unless you bought BfA. Hence, BfA features *that require you to play Legion*.

Returned to wow, wanted to raid, but nope, ep grind first.

Requested bfa refund and sub , this is a shitty implementation post bfa launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    After having a big break from Wow, I have returned and before purchase of bfa, I read all of new bfa features on official website, I subbed to play an allied race from scratch, but now I need to return to ols content and grind a slow reputation. The world objectives give like 150 and the respawn time is very slow. Thanks Blizzard

Requested bfa refund and sub , this is a shitty implementation post bfa launch.
    I call BS. You knew what was involved. You never left, or you never came back and just wanted to shitpost.

Everybody wants everything handed to them on a silver platter, for free. Love this current generation.

I don't understand why so many people are complaining about Legion allied races behind a reputation grind. Just do the reputation grind. There's nothing wrong with it.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I don't understand why so many people are complaining about Legion allied races behind a reputation grind. Just do the reputation grind. There's nothing wrong with it.
    It's because they want everything to come easy, handed to them on a silver platter. That's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Because if you don't read the entire product description very carefully you assume that the allied races are a BfA feature and work like the races always have - you buy the expansion and get access to them.

The problem is that not everyone combs the product txt for all of the fine points and *for people who didn't play Legion much or at all* it's a long rep grind in the last expansion.

It's irrelevant to me personally since I played Legion through Argus so I"m exalted with everything. But if you left in 7.2 or before you have tp play a lot in the LAST expac to unlock something for THIS expac. That's never been the case and despite all the little fanboys sayin "OP should have known!" there's no real reason for someone to pick up on this.