Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ANYTHING about SPRIEST so far?

It has been two months, over 60 days since the LAUNCH of BFA. The Shadow Priest community has been complaining non-stop since Beta about how the class doesn't feel right or play smooth. How there is obvious single target damage issues, sustained AoE aside from initial burst, as well as sacrificing going into void form to get bigger burst of AoE damage.

There are many more problems but those are the immediate ones that come into my mind.

I just don't understand how after 60 days of LIVE game play there has yet to be any clear cut indication of any upcoming changes. The latest I saw was a 10% increase to Voidform damage. Give me a break. Since launch Mind Flay and Sear have been given a damage increase, and VT and SW:P have had their damage increased. But neither solved any issue. The major issue is SW is now a talent. It was a great execution, single target damage, instant cast on the run ability that has been baseline since BC. Picking SW come at the expense of not picking Shadow Crash (AoE) or SA (sustained damage, cleave target fight).

I would like to see SW become baseline again. I would like a talent that make's it usable at 35% instead of 20% like it has always been. That is such a simple change. Make it PVE only. It is time to have clear distinctions between how abilities work in PvE vs how they scale in PvP. You already have War Mode talents, just add them to that or create a PvE mode where you can further customize your character to a play style that suits you and your needs.

A multi-million dollar company cannot hire someone to communicate with the design team and player base. Class/Spec specific. What $40,000 salaries with benefits? Maybe you could get people to resubscribe on the basis of being more transparent. Ion doesn't really do a good job coming onto those live streams and not making any eye contact with the camera and awkwardly act excited about upcoming changes and plans, half of which don't even make it into the game.

I still don't understand the amount of resources Blizzard is wasting with Warfronts and Island Expeditions.

This is just another pointless, raging, flaming thread. It's pointless to say Blizzard doesn't care, they've shown it. 60 days after launch and nothing concrete besides a: "we are looking at shadow priest also". Give me a break.

FLAME ON

Deleted
    Well my guess at this point is that the intern they've put in charge of looking at shadow priests has gone back to school last month and nobody noticed

Quote Originally Posted by lloewe View Post
    Well my guess at this point is that the intern they've put in charge of looking at shadow priests has gone back to school last month and nobody noticed
    More likely somebody took the intern's prized red stapler and advised him he was no longer allowed to listen to his radio at a reasonable volume. Last seen, he was muttering something about "burning this place down."

Blizzard must be trying to troll Rogues or something because I'm at the point where I honestly just feel bad for Shadow Priests. Like, not even they deserve this.

Oh another one of these. But we have to kill time, don't we?^^
    What bothers me the most is the refusal of buffing underperforming/nerfing overperforming specs. They didn't balance all classes at first because they don't wanted to overstrain players with patchnotes and now they wont do any more because groups have their setup geared etc.
    Progress is over and if groups want to abuse things let them gear new chars, dont punish the players that dont play fotm specs :/

I really miss class balancing in early wod. It was a mess, but at least they tried to balance things.

Deleted
    Even if they buff damage, playstyle will still be clunky, not intuitive, overall bad, not fun.
    How can Dark Void, an aoe ability, be our best single target ability from Tier 3?
    How can Shadow Crash, another aoe ability, be again our best single target ability from Tier 5?
    Why our best cleave ability, Void Eruption, is tied a resource that takes some time to build, leaving us in a situation when we don't want to dmg trash because we want to save it for something else?
    Why our abilities even generate insanity, when we want to get out of Voidform as soon as possible, so we can start building insanity again to use Void Eruption again?
    Why are talents suggesting that we should stay in Voidform as long as possible, when it barely increases our dmg, after the haste nerf and Mass Hysteria is no longer in the game?

In our opener, we use 3 aoe abilities before we even cast Vampiric Touch. How can anyone even enjoy playing this joke of a spec?

Blizzard doesn't care. They made some changes to ele shamans, they addressed prot warriors, now they're talking about mm hunters. They don't even know we exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    What bothers me the most is the refusal of buffing underperforming/nerfing overperforming specs.
    Rogue player says hi, nothing but big nerfes for 1.5 month across all specs came to us ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    How can Dark Void, an aoe ability, be our best single target ability from Tier 3?
    It isn't.

How can Shadow Crash, another aoe ability, be again our best single target ability from Tier 5?
    It isn't.

In our opener, we use 3 aoe abilities before we even cast Vampiric Touch.
    This isn't true either.

Even if Dark Void and Shadow Crash were the best ST options on their respective rows, it would be entirely irrelevant to Blizzard because both the 45 and 75 row are themed to have talents that scale with additional targets. Every talent on both rows fits that theme. There is no dedicated ST talent.

Choosing the 45 and 75 row to pick on is pretty silly considering those are our best talent rows in terms of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    Rogue player says hi, nothing but big nerfes for 1.5 month across all specs came to us ^^.
    People like you have no brain. Even with all the nerfs Rogues are still top 3. What does that tell you? They were obviously overpowered.

Also, on an9ther note... Holinka's back

How can you put the general spec issues down to an ability that's at best usable below 35% hp and has no significant interaction with the rest of our toolkit? I agree that it should be baseline, but whether it is or not won't solve any actual problems for Shadow.

I think the majority can agree that the main issues are all tied to void form being our core mechanic yet being very unrewarding in BfA. Void form as a mechanic encourages you to battle insanity and stay in it for as long as you possibly can, while a large part of our AoE damage comes from entering void form which entirely conflicts with the core mechanic design. In Legion, void form was quite clearly too rewarding for the vast majority (and in itself incouraged bad gameplay in raids, as most mechanics and many debuffs were extremely taxing on your void form cycle if presented at the wrong time). To combat that, they had a number of choices to pick from. Removing mass hysteria, scaling down the void form haste bonus, reducing the void form damage multiplier or increasing insanity drain would all have been good picks, but the problem is that they picked all four options at once instead of a couple of them (specifically removing Mass Hysteria and increased insanity drain would've been plenty IMO) entirely gutting the void form mechanic in itself. I personally never really liked the class concept behind void form and would much prefer going back to shadow orbs or even a more or less resourceless spec (like pre-Cata, but I'm probably a minority here), but that's besides the point.

Blizzard class design philosophy:

"it's just alpha"
    "it's just beta"
    "it's just pre-patch"
    "it's just launch day"
    "it's just launch week"
    "it's just the first patch"
    "it's just the first major patch"
    "it's just the second raid"
    "we'll fix it next expac"

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I personally never really liked the class concept behind void form and would much prefer going back to shadow orbs or even a more or less resourceless spec (like pre-Cata, but I'm probably a minority here), but that's besides the point.
    Don't really care either, but I think only the Voidform sucks hard here, the Insanity can work as a core concept (that's nothing more than a renamed Mana bar, that's easy to make it work).

how do you respond to this level of idiocy without getting an infraction?

waahhhhh my OP class gets nerfs wahhhh, how stupid do you look?

I'm starting to be concerned about the total lack of information or updates on the PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Limulsuis View Post
    I'm starting to be concerned about the total lack of information or updates on the PTR
    Demon hunters dont even have the name of class mentioned. So i feel ya bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    How can you put the general spec issues down to an ability that's at best usable below 35% hp and has no significant interaction with the rest of our toolkit? I agree that it should be baseline, but whether it is or not won't solve any actual problems for Shadow.

I think the majority can agree that the main issues are all tied to void form being our core mechanic yet being very unrewarding in BfA. Void form as a mechanic encourages you to battle insanity and stay in it for as long as you possibly can, while a large part of our AoE damage comes from entering void form which entirely conflicts with the core mechanic design. In Legion, void form was quite clearly too rewarding for the vast majority (and in itself incouraged bad gameplay in raids, as most mechanics and many debuffs were extremely taxing on your void form cycle if presented at the wrong time). To combat that, they had a number of choices to pick from. Removing mass hysteria, scaling down the void form haste bonus, reducing the void form damage multiplier or increasing insanity drain would all have been good picks, but the problem is that they picked all four options at once instead of a couple of them (specifically removing Mass Hysteria and increased insanity drain would've been plenty IMO) entirely gutting the void form mechanic in itself. I personally never really liked the class concept behind void form and would much prefer going back to shadow orbs or even a more or less resourceless spec (like pre-Cata, but I'm probably a minority here), but that's besides the point.
    Either pre-Cata or MoP/WoD were the most fun iterations on spriest in my humble opinion.
    And by that I mean the very crit/haste heavy general build and not the CoP garbage.

Progressing in Blackrock and being able to almost multidot with DP felt great and had a lot of flow to it. Feels like a completely different game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    how do you respond to this level of idiocy without getting an infraction?

waahhhhh my OP class gets nerfs wahhhh, how stupid do you look?
    What's your problem dude, I didn't say those nerfs weren't justified, I just stated the fact that blizzard nerfed overperforming classes which OP claimed they didn't. You might want to go back to elemenetary school because you lack ability to read. Same goes for OP.

What's your problem dude, I didn't say those nerfs weren't justified, I just stated the fact that blizzard nerfed overperforming classes which OP claimed they didn't. You might want to go back to elemenetary school because you lack ability to read. Same goes for OP.
    you're a rogue you're OP no-one gives a shit what you have to say in a thread involving specs like elemental/spriest that have been struggling for years to be fixed, why even but in, just go play your OP shit and roll face.

Yeah getting the feeling at best, 8.2 will be spriest changes. If not outright forgotten until next expac. I think the devs buffed Spriest numbers so they could say "there, we put a bandaid on the thing. We'll get to it eventually."

Quote Originally Posted by lloewe View Post
    To be fair at this point the the intern would prolly do a better job lol.