Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Holinka will be the nail on the coffin.
    Wasn't he the last nail in the coffin the last time around, already?

Pvp is actually kind of fun this expansion though, guess that could only last so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Indeed. Void nonsense made me lose faith in priest class.
    Best pun of the day

Lets invite back people with a horrible track record who we know and trust instead of hiring/promoting young eager individuals. I think I've seen this sort of behavior somewhere already... bureaucracy at its finest.

Cool sad sad 3 headed monster there

Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas, Jay Wilson, Brian Holinka, what a dream team
    More like the nightmare team. Holinka was terrible so they gave him a new project. He must have have failed at that so let's bring him back with hisame old garbage instead of hiring someone with fresh ideas. Possibly the most ass backward thing I have seen yet

Is it April 1st? have I been asleep that long???

Welcome back Holinka ^.^ If you can do something about this orgy of RNG procs on Everything that'd be pretty dandy--you've got your work cut out for you!
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2018-10-21 at 07:26 PM.

Oh boy, this isn't going to end well.....

Now we just need to get Jay Wilson back on the WoW team!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright boys, how can we redeem BfA?

ALRIGHTY LADS LETS BRING BACK THE OLD WOD CREW CAUSE WOD WAS SUCH AN AMAZING EXPANSION

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Welcome back Holinka ^.^ If you can do something about this orgy of RNG procs on Everything that'd be pretty dandy--you've got your work cut out for you!
    He was the man responsible for PvP rewarding lootboxes to begin with.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. "Hey remember the douche who came up with a RNG lootbox system literally everybody hated and we changed in 2 months? Lets invite him again and bring back that same system. Surely it'll work this time?"

'S fucking sad.

Celestalon is by far my least favorite person on the WoW dev team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Wasn't he the last nail in the coffin the last time around, already?
    yeah, and the guy left (or was moved). now he's back, what to expect from a guy who disappointed the first time he got the job?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, I now have a cast time on Rebirth, and on my monk every freaking abilities is on CD every time I use them, so I have to wait like 5 seconds before I can start dpsing because touch of karma,touch of death, the clones, my trinket are all on the GCD..

If some people didn't notice or remember, it's probably because they were not playing right.

Because it's seriously annoying for any melee class.
    It's like that for most classes. Even as a BM hunter if I want to do it correctly, my first 5 gcd's are putting up a useless bleed twice before I start pressing my damage buttons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    Celestalon is by far my least favorite person on the WoW dev team.
    He moved to Hearthstone almost a year ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinelakias View Post
    Fun fact. Based on his wording, he doesn't say anything positive about what Blizzard has done uptill now.
    Blizzard has a bunch of games/ideas that never see the light of day. So it may have been cancelled like Titan was or they needed his talent back on the WoW team.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    youre a proof how people have no idea what they are talkin about and just lookin for a scapegoat to yell at when they dislike somethin, it was back with ghostcrawler and now with holinka
    Ghostcrawler is an intelligent person, regardless of criticism. Holinka has never struck me as particularly bright (nor a particularly nice person). I know that both get scapegoated often, but they're not equivalent.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Well, this will be fun. Tho i do hope that some changes would be reverted back, like less stuff on GCD or how Fury warriors magically forgot that they can use 1H weapons too effectively. Maybe even 2H Frost DKs.

Really hoping that some of these "fantasy" changes gets reviewed.
    They do have extra workload in balancing extra weapons but honestly, atleast we had SOME choices in our hands, between few weapon buildsz now most of the classes are locked in one cookie cutter build on top of which is layered unbalanced Azerite gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

lol

and then things got worse.

BFA already a dumpster fire and they bring in the people responsible for WoD? lol

Deleted
    *Tries to summon Xelnath* Join me my brothers in this task, hour of reckoning is near and we need our savior.

Deleted
    when you tought this expansion coudnt get any worse

10+ Year Old Account

Because

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    I feel bad for the guy. I don't get why he got so much hate in WoD. Can someone explain that to me? Was it just cause WoD was such a bad expansion overall that everybody was pissed with the game and we needed a scapegoat?
    I don't feel bad for the guy at all. The hate he gets is at least somewhat earned.
    Valid observation nevertheless, but he was quite the asshole and is/was responsible for many dumbass decisions prior to WOD in the first place. Personally, my opinion of the guy is that he is a huge douchebag and was promoted according to the Peter Principle, and held that position for entirely too long. I'm not that stoked to see him back on the WoW team in ANY capacity.

That said, I'm willing to reserve judgement (for now) and see what comes forth. Maybe that tardmuffin actually learned something in his time away. Otherwise, yes, he will be blamed for EVERYTHING wrong with BFA, and I have have to wonder if he wasn't brought back on the team specifically to be the scapegoat this time around.

Were I in Holinka's shoes, I wouldn't have accepted the move back to the WoW team for that exact reason, but who knows, maybe he's close enough to retirement that it really doesn't matter to him.

As somebody else mentioned, it would be cool to see actual PvP warfronts. That's kinda what I thought those were supposed to be. A sort of a "Ashran Done Right (TM)" if you will. If Holinka makes that happen at all, I'll think the better of him to some small degree.

I guess we'll see. I'm generally happy with BFA thus far (and I am a effin' shadowpriest, mind you), but I said the same thing early on in WOD, and that was a goddamned abortion. Hopefully they get it right this time.