Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Grinding is a core part of an MMO. If you don’t feel like grinding, then this game ain’t for you.
    A rep grind isn't going to stop me from WoWing. Hated them since classic, though (and holy shit, were rep grinds bad. At least they've gotten better). Not going to throw away a pizza just because I don't feel like eating the crust (although I don't hate the crust, it's just the most boring part of the pizza, unless it's stuffed crust, or those cheesy bites they have at pizza hut that are basically the same thing)

Besides, I do them anyway. I just don't like them.
    Last edited by Biske; 2018-10-21 at 09:02 PM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Imho the best way to do it would be to remove the time gating but keep somewhat of a grind, so people who really wanted to get them asap could do it, although not easily.

Make all mobs on Argus give 5 rep, something like that.

Boohoo. There's lots of stuff you can't get from past expansions without having to grind for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    /I do think the old allied races should be unlockable for all after like a year.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    no, but if they only do their the Argussian Dailies, that's about how long it will take, and seeing as most people how make these threads want to do the least amount of work...
    What do you mean by "least amount of work"? Is there a magical way to spawn more world quests players don't know about? Is there a secret dungeon that awards rep? Are there mobs that can be killed that give rep? Nope. Its all time gated, so no matter how much "work" player wants to do, time gating prevents player from "working".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Boohoo. There's lots of stuff you can't get from past expansions without having to grind for it.
    Does any of it require to play on completely different character instead of playing your main and meanwhile not being able to play latest content? Nope. So your comparison is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It came out with BFA because it's a BFA feature one of the main selling points of BFA.
    actually it did NOT come out with BFA as the feature existed on live prior to the release of BFA and people saying it's a selling point are actually just saying such because they were lead to believe that, it is the misleading way the various race options were advertised.

I want to say that the feature was made available as an early access feature for pre-orders rather than actually requiring the expansion once everything was live.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    What do you mean by "least amount of work"? Is there a magical way to spawn more world quests players don't know about? Is there a secret dungeon that awards rep? Are there mobs that can be killed that give rep? Nope. Its all time gated, so no matter how much "work" player wants to do, time gating prevents player from "working".

- - - Updated - - -

Does any of it require to play on completely different character instead of playing your main and meanwhile not being able to play latest content? Nope. So your comparison is invalid.
    Lmao? It's all invalid because it requires to be done on one character? Isn't that how most if not all grinds go?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Lmao? It's all invalid because it requires to be done on one character? Isn't that how most if not all grinds go?
    What? It requires to grind on DIFFERENT character than one player wants to play. Its completely different. Can't make a void elf and grind rep for argussean reach. Must make a boring human (for faster rep) and play it for a month before being able to roll correct character and start over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    How many months have we been discussing the rep requirement? It was never a secret in any way, they posted the requirements early enough for even a highly casual player to be ready. I neither raided nor ran many dungeons in Legion yet got it done.

If you are completely new to the game then you don't care since the Allied races mean very little to you, they are just one of many options.
    Exactly, it has been known since Nov. 2017 exactly what would be required for allied races - that they would be a thing you worked toward to earn their loyalty and bring them into your faction. It has never been a secret, or something blizz glossed over. People like to pretend like it was though, to pretend that their argument holds water when it doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    returned to game, found out I had to EARN things i want in the game. i dont want to play game >:[

NO GAME, ONLY REWARD
    I know right?

- - - Updated - - -

What? It requires to grind on DIFFERENT character than one player wants to play. Its completely different. Can't make a void elf and grind rep for argussean reach. Must make a boring human (for faster rep) and play it for a month before being able to roll correct character and start over again.
    The rep racial isn't significantly enough to 'force' people to play human. I've ground reps on gnomes for years just fine.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder..

Do people have to do pandaria content to get the water strider?

Oh they do?

Ah ok then
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    After having a big break from Wow, I have returned and before purchase of bfa, I read all of new bfa features on official website, I subbed to play an allied race from scratch, but now I need to return to ols content and grind a slow reputation. The world objectives give like 150 and the respawn time is very slow. Thanks Blizzard

Requested bfa refund and sub , this is a shitty implementation post bfa launch.
    You clearly read some wrong things, Void Elf was out before BFA, and it's a TFB situation. You couldn't roll a DK without a 55, and you can't roll a DH w/o what a 70 or some bs? So really what are you complaining about? I'm also pretty sure void elf is one of the fastest reps, try actually reading things completely, and doing them during current content lol...

Lmao this guy is the person who see's a new item at McDonalds and goes in asking for the promotional item from 3-4 months ago, then gets pissy asking for the manager.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    No. It's moronic that a returning player has to go back to the other expansion to create a playable race. I get mounts etc. but not the most important part of an RPG.

I'd do the same as the OP and request a refund.

My friend who I invited back did the same - he saw that he could be a cool elf now in the horde but nope - had to grind. And he's not the kind of player who grinds... unfortunate.
    So is it moronic that you need to farm Arthas if you want his mount? or any other mount at all? should you gt it all served?

C+mon, it takes about a month or month and a half only and it is something that you get, is not about luck, you get it after a bit of effort.

Void elf should be unlocked by doing the quests in Argus then the scenario. And No rep requirements. Even for the quests. Same as the other legion allied races, frankly. This change should have went live when bfa launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Exactly, it has been known since Nov. 2017 exactly what would be required for allied races - that they would be a thing you worked toward to earn their loyalty and bring them into your faction. It has never been a secret, or something blizz glossed over. People like to pretend like it was though, to pretend that their argument holds water when it doesn't.
    But the rep grind for void elves has fuck all to do with void elves, you aren't earning their loyalty at all.

Shit reason is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Arbitrary grinding for the sake of grinding. Best game decision, obviously.
    It's a video game, everything you do in the game is arbitrary...like you must really need therapy if you think anything you do actually matters.

SERIOUSLY, the reason everyone posts about WoW sucks, BFA sucks, and blah blah its too easy now. Is because you all talk to much, don't play enough, and are now playing a game designed by a mass amount of idiotic nerds with opinions about how the game SHOULD be.

The game is in a shitty state because the developers have continued to listen and do things to the communities bullshit opinions, now they have half a vision, a bunch of idiotic systems and subsystems all of which they have to tinker with to fix any given thing in the game, next time stfu and report actual feedback like "when casting ability A I disconnect when near walls" not ignorant crap like "My character isn't doing enough damage like other peoples character of different gear levels and classes"

Literally I stopped playing for 3 years came back and kids I remember being partially retarded are now the ones theorycrafting your rotations, please stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    It's a video game, everything you do in the game is arbitrary...like you must really need therapy if you think anything you do actually matters.

SERIOUSLY, the reason everyone posts about WoW sucks, BFA sucks, and blah blah its too easy now. Is because you all talk to much, don't play enough, and are now playing a game designed by a mass amount of idiotic nerds with opinions about how the game SHOULD be.

The game is in a shitty state because the developers have continued to listen and do things to the communities bullshit opinions, now they have half a vision, a bunch of idiotic systems and subsystems all of which they have to tinker with to fix any given thing in the game, next time stfu and report actual feedback like "when casting ability A I disconnect when near walls" not ignorant crap like "My character isn't doing enough damage like other peoples character of different gear levels and classes"

Literally I stopped playing for 3 years came back and kids I remember being partially retarded are now the ones theorycrafting your rotations, please stfu.
    That was a whole lot of angry stupid you posted there.

Please, explain to me, what does the Argussian Reach have to do with void elves? How does earning rep with a faction of broken eredar who have been on Argus fighting the Legion for 25,000 years earn the favor of some elves who've been on Azeroth playing around with the void?

Hmm?

Oh, and before you go on another stupid rant, I've already unlocked all of the allied races. In fact, I had the first 4 allied races unlocked before they were even live because I do all the reps in the game. I still don't see how Argussian Reach is connected to void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    returned to game, found out I had to EARN things i want in the game. i dont want to play game >:[

NO GAME, ONLY REWARD
    I wanted to play a game, but content what is relevant. At minimum, they should allow unlock allied races via playing current content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I wonder..

Do people have to do pandaria content to get the water strider?

Oh they do?

Ah ok then
    Is water strider one of the main advertised features of the latest expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    It is indeed stupid that BfA features are locked behind Legion rep grinding. Then after you are done, you need to level a fresh char to be that race.
    What? Void Elves, Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren are so engrossed in Legion and involved in Legion I don't know how you could possibly consider them to be "BfA Features." They were 8.0 features, released months before BfA. Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har Orcs are your BfA Allied Races so far, and are unlocked with BfA content. Shouldn't be that hard to understand really.

Sure it sucks for a returning player to have to go back to earn them like EVERYONE ELSE DID (or hasn't yet like myself), but that's kind of the hand you're dealt if you decide to stop playing. I don't quite playing a game for 3 years then come back expecting everything that happened in those 3 years is immediately unlocked for me.

You've got to catch up. Don't want to have to catch up? Don't quit in the first place.

Guess you've never even looked at, let alone touched other kinds of grinds before. Grinds that took much longer than levelling up a character and doing argussian rep for 2 months.