Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To unlock rk you had to have a lvl 55 character. So when cata came out a player would have to level through vanilla and bc, bc again and wrath to have a Dk. Same with anyone returning in bfa and wanting to play a Dh.

Allied races at best are a trophy for completing certain content. Most of an expansions features you have to invest time in to see a reward.

I'm sorry you have to play the game to get rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    came back to wow. wanted full epic gear, but nope. had to level and do content first.

Requested bfa refund and sub , this is a shitty implementation post bfa launch.
    Yes, a new race that you'd have to level up is totally the same as wanting full epic gear from current content.

Got any more retarded strawmen?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    To unlock rk you had to have a lvl 55 character. So when cata came out a player would have to level through vanilla and bc, bc again and wrath to have a Dk. Same with anyone returning in bfa and wanting to play a Dh.

Allied races at best are a trophy for completing certain content. Most of an expansions features you have to invest time in to see a reward.

I'm sorry you have to play the game to get rewards.
    And then the DK you make starts at level 55. You don't have to go back and level it all over again through leveling content you've already done.

Come on, more stupid strawmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yes, a new race that you'd have to level up is totally the same as wanting full epic gear from current content.

- - - Updated - - -

And then the DK you make starts at level 55. You don't have to go back and level it all over again through leveling content you've already done.

But you have to do the content first. Just because it's on the box doesn't mean its immediately available to you.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

But you have to do the content first. Just because it's on the box doesn't mean its immediately available to you.

Meh, musta read this same post a hundred different times now. Yeah, tieing a race/class behind a turd that is the reputation system is dumb. Grind it out (it really doesn't take so long now that both weekly quests give a ton of rep) or quit paying so that Blizzard quits wasting your time with this poo system.

There was no reason to tie these races behind anything more then the quest chains.

Why it's stupid.

- Not clearly advertised you will be required to grind rep from a previous expansion that will take weeks for a new character.
    - There is nothing meaningful about grinding to exalted in those reps for any reason other than giving people a time sink.
    - People that don't follow WoW sites will just see that there are new races, buy BFA and want to make one, then be upset and disappointed when they get the game and see they can't, it will be weeks of waiting and grinding (pointlessly) before they can.

I don't care if you say "well this and that in the game are similar so it's okay". No... those systems are also stupid and arbitrary. Just because they are also in the game does not automatically make it okay. How that goes over your heads is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

so your argument is "all new content should work the same way certain parts of old content that you've cherry picked previously worked? compelling.

They're kinda damned if they change the rep requirement to a quest chain because there will be players that'll complain who did it at the time while the content was relevant. I think they should change it though. The allied races are part of their respective factions now, it doesn't make sense anymore to rep lock them at this point in time.

so your argument is "all new content should work the same way certain parts of old content that you've cherry picked previously worked? compelling.
    You need a max level character to do the unlocking quests for the Allied Races anyway. What other expansion feature requires you to go back to the previous expansion to grind a completely irrelevant reputation to unlock?

Everything you're throwing out is just stupid strawmen rather than actually arguing the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    They're kinda damned if they change the rep requirement to a quest chain because there will be players that'll complain who did it at the time while the content was relevant. I think they should change it though. The allied races are part of their respective factions now, it doesn't make sense anymore to rep lock them at this point in time.

I've already unlocked them all and I'm all for removing the rep requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Literally every major patch makes all the time you spent acquiring gear time during that tier time that was wasted.

People that will complain are just not thinking it through very well and complaining for the sake of complaining.

Nor is it really anything that is something to be proud of accomplishing.

You need a max level character to do the unlocking quests for the Allied Races anyway. What other expansion feature requires you to go back to the previous expansion to grind a completely irrelevant reputation to unlock?

Everything you're throwing out is just stupid strawmen rather than actually arguing the point.

- - - Updated - - -

I've already unlocked them all and I'm all for removing the rep requirements.
    if you played legion youd already have the rep. if you didnt play legion, this is still new content for you.

if you played legion youd already have the rep. if you didnt play legion, this is still new content for you.
    I did play Legion. I had all the reps at exalted before the allied races were even announced.

It's still fucking stupid.

Oh, and world quests are only "new content" the first time you do them. Having to grind them over and over and over again is not "new content."

I did play Legion. I had all the reps at exalted before the allied races were even announced.

It's still fucking stupid.

Oh, and world quests are only "new content" the first time you do them. Having to grind them over and over and over again is not "new content."
    so you are against rep grinds. in wow. k.

so you are against rep grinds. in wow. k.
    No, I'm against rep grinds to unlock expansion features.

Stop with the fucking strawmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Literally every major patch makes all the time you spent acquiring gear time during that tier time that was wasted.

People that will complain are just not thinking it through very well and complaining for the sake of complaining.

Nor is it really anything that is something to be proud of accomplishing.
    I completely agree. That was kinda the point of my post because there will always be players that'll complain. Once BFA launched, it should never have been locked behind a rep gate anymore.

It merely should've been for players to do something between 7.3.5 and 8.0 to unlock them before BfA launch

No, I'm against rep grinds to unlock expansion features.

Stop with the fucking strawmen.
    i had to grind rep to unlock a dungeon. a new dungeon that was promised as part of the expansion. refund plz.

i had to grind rep to unlock a dungeon. a new dungeon that was promised as part of the expansion. refund plz.
    None of the dungeons require grinding to exalted.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is you shouldn't have to go back to get previous expansion content...so I guess once you move onto new expansions you expect to be handed exalted to all previous expansion reps....you expect to be handed every transmog that your heart desires? You want all of them mounts for free too I suppose?

None of the dungeons require grinding to exalted.
    so then youre only mad because you have to grind to exalted instead of revered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    So what you're saying is you shouldn't have to go back to get previous expansion content...so I guess once you move onto new expansions you expect to be handed exalted to all previous expansion reps....you expect to be handed every transmog that your heart desires? You want all of them mounts for free too I suppose?
    hey he paid for it, he should have all pets, mounts, and xmog from the current expansion as well as all the old ones.

so then youre only mad because you have to grind to exalted instead of revered.
    I don't think the dungeon should have been locked behind rep either, but it wasn't as bad since you only needed 6000 into honored or whatever it was.

And can you stop with the fucking strawmen already?

I don't think the dungeon should have been locked behind rep either, but it wasn't as bad since you only needed 6000 into honored or whatever it was.

And can you stop with the fucking strawmen already?
    using your own retarded logic against you is not straw manning. accusing me of using straw men against you as a way of ignoring my attacks on your flawed logic IS straw manning, though.