Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Anything can proc up to the highest aviable ilvl. The chance is lower, sure, but is still possible.
    not weapons or azerite pieces. So not anything

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    lmao, you are exactly the type of person they are trying to curb via PL and guess what it worked in this case. Grats to the ret guy.
    Sure, he's enjoying polishing clean on the bench he never leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    "But that answer basically says ..."

No, it doesn't, read better and stop trying to force everything into your narrative. This is why I took the time to separate my opinions into my feeling as a university professor (one who has been playing since the game was released here) who has to field several students a year who get caught up in the game of their obsessions (whatever that game may be that year), and Bungee the player of WoW. The former has seen too many students fail to make the shift over the years, the latter has no reason to care either way because "it is up to you to make your choices". Unspoken in that last is "so stop trying to impose your view on how I play".
    Ok so from your pov as a professor its good that I care less about the game, but from you pov as a player you don't care. If I'm still misinterpreting then I apologize but the quote made me go to that conclusion is "Is it a good thing? Speaking as Professor Bungee, it certainly is.". In response to my question whether or not its a good thing that an alteration to the game me me choose between devaluing the interest in a core system it once had, or quitting.

Everyone who wants to keep titanforging exactly the way it functions at this moment is imposing their view on how others play and are for the most part completely unwilling to even think for a second that perhaps an adjustment can be made to reach some middle ground. This may be how the system currently works but I debated countless times with others over the state of legendaries before I quit and its remarkable how similar the defense was. "dont take my loot away", "RNG is RNG", and lastly "if there were some tokens to work towards them they'd just be a boring grind".

Alot of players were content with WFing back in mop but nothing to the extreme levels of criticism that exists today and I don't even want to take the system back that far. The general apathy and vitriol players express towards each other whenever this topic comes up doesn't help wow or the players and idea or notion that the system is perfect needs no changes this unwillingness to give even the slightest of compromises has not ended well for systems like these in the past.

Just look at LFR its a shell of its former self and literally has become the worst of both worlds from what players on both sides of it use to complain about. Extremely time gated bad for the people who wanted it. Highly toxic with no sense of community bad for the people who disliked it. Loot completely irrelevant for most if even all you did was heroic dungeons and WQ's bad for both. The list could go on when it was released first in DS I enjoyed it and even through MoP I didn't think it was that bad. Ever since legion I don't think I've stepped in there more than once or twice.

Point is everyone can have their opinions and like or dislike things in the game for various reasons but after blizzards caving on the azerite system and introduction of a vendor I feel like having the attitude "its in the game this way atm so don't change it" isn't a very productive one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    That's cool. What you said is you got a weapon that you haven't replaced except for when you replaced it it with a better weapon.

Im also not sure if you specifically chose that gearslot since it is disproportionately effected by ilvl (via weapon dps) compared to every. other. fucking. piece. we. wear.

But since you wanted to use weapons for your example, here goes. I have a 375 weapon with a socket. There is a very good chance that im stuck with that weapon until next raid tier since even something with 10 more ilvl is a dps loss (both practical and simmed). It would have to be replaced with something thats 390 with a socket, or something 395 or higher.

So yeah, ilvl matters slightly more than in legion, but its still pretty irrelevant for most specs.
    I'm not sure what you're arguing I'm saying Tfing being allowed on weapons would be awful due to the fact that weapon DPS is literally fucking huge compared to other slots and with TFing being available to weapons filling players with disappointment when they get the base version of an already low drop chance item that is literally their most important would be awful.

Someone claimed 10ilvls on a weapon is irrelevant, I said its not in fact its actually quite fucking relevant and no I still havent replaced that weapon idk what I said that made you believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    Yeah but the whole point of this system when it was added was to give people who already cleared the place and had BiS gear a reason to do it. People who need the base gear don't need an incentive, they will get upgrades
    they will get way less if blizzard prevents everyone else from trading to them.

it would turn gearing into a feast or famine situation

and its already nearing that thanks to how shitty personal loot is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Pretty sure LFR cannot proc that high.
    I've seen a LFR item TF to 395. Is it hellishly rare, yea absolutely. Does it happen tho? Yep and thats ridiculous