Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation About to join couch MMO by buying PS4 PRO. Where to start?

I am really not enjoying PC gamming anymore and I think I am old enough to appreciate my TV room a little more now. What MMOs, RPGs and Arpgs do you recomend for PS4?

But.. I am a rogue.

You got FFXIV and TESO if you want a videogame. Lotta other options if you want cash shop driven trash.

Why wouldn't you want lower fps and worse controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    I think you missed the part where he says he’s old now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    I am really not enjoying PC gamming anymore and I think I am old enough to appreciate my TV room a little more now. What MMOs, RPGs and Arpgs do you recomend for PS4?
    Well, it's exactly the opposite for me. The older I am the more I appreciate not a extremely handholding console experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I think you missed the part where he says he’s old now.
    Not sure how it's connected tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    Oddly enough, I've seen a lot of FF14 boss videos use a controller to play so maybe not so much.

On Topic: FF14 basically.

the last of us, god of war are particularly great.

Worth checking out the uncharted series too. And bloodborne of course

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Well, it's exactly the opposite for me. The older I am the more I appreciate not a extremely handholding console experience.
    He said PS4, not the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    He said PS4, not the Switch.
    There is no objective differences between different console experience. PS4 is not a "real adult machine" and Switch is not a "kiddie nintendo".

Warframe is pretty good and one of the best free to play games in terms of business model in my opinion.

There is no objective differences between different console experience. PS4 is not a "real adult machine" and Switch is not a "kiddie nintendo".
    Please, there are a lot more child oriented games on the Switch than there are on PS4 or XBox. All Nintendo consoles are "kiddie Nintendo" consoles with most "mature" rated games never even making it to them. I wonder why that is...

On topic - if you never played it on PC, Witcher 3 is very good. Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out Friday. I don't usually buy games day 1 anymore but that one is a definite for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodborne.
    Kingdom hearts remasters, plus sequel whenever that comes out.
    God Of war.
    Horizon Zero Dawn.
    Diablo 3. Although not an exclusive, it is still very well adapted to gamepad use.

For things not RPGs, but still very much worth playing, Uncharted games, The Last Of US. Spiderman, Ratchet & clank, Until Dawn.

Vermintide 2.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    with most "mature" rated games never even making it to them. I wonder why that is...
    This hasn't been a thing since like the N64 or Gamecube days and even then it wasn't really a thing. The main reason why some games never made it over to a Nintendo system is due to the weak hardware compared to its current gen counter parts.

The Switch on the other hand is powerful enough to receive some of them like Wolfenstein 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Vermintide 2.
    Isn't on PS4 if I recall right, The first one is tho but its a broken mess.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This hasn't been a thing since like the N64 or Gamecube days and even then it wasn't really a thing. The main reason why some games never made it over to a Nintendo system is due to the weak hardware compared to its current gen counter parts.

The Switch on the other hand is powerful enough to receive some of them like Wolfenstein 2.

- - - Updated - - -

It's more about Nintendo's inability to work with 3rd party developers before Switch. Switch on the other hand is pretty much the same as any other modern console in terms of open development platform for indie and 3rd party games.

Vermintide 2 is on PS4 too, but it's not an mmo, nor rpg, nor arpg. Good game tho

It's more about Nintendo's inability to work with 3rd party developers before Switch. Switch on the other hand is pretty much the same as any other modern console in terms of open development platform for indie and 3rd party games.
    Since the GC Nintendo has worked with third party's. Once again what kept a lot of those games from getting on the GC/Wii/Wii-U was the Massive hardware difference (Wii/Wii-U) compared to the counter part and Nintendo making dumb hardware choices (mini-disks in the GC). The wii still got many third party titles (even some COD's) but the Wii-U and GC bombed in hardware sales and if hardware doesn't sell then software doesn't come to the system.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It was as recent as the Wii. I'll admit the switch has more and I'll admit console power had a lot to do with it as well. But just compare mature Wii games to PS3 and tell me that massive difference was purely due to hardware limitations. Nintendo has always been more focused towards children and family friendlier games.

At any rate this thread is derailing. I blame myself a bit, sorry OP!

Deleted
    God of war
    Red dead redemption 2
    Horizon zero dawn
    Gta v

Stay away from the cod and fifa of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    But just compare mature Wii games to PS3 and tell me that massive difference was purely due to hardware limitations.
    1) Like 5 Resident Evil Games.
    2) Mad World.
    3) Manhunt 2
    4) No More Heroes/No More Heroes 2 Desperate Struggle
    5) Dead Rising.

Are just 5 examples, Yes the main reason a lot of games didn't come to the Wii was due to its hardware. It was a overclocked Gamecube and there was a massive night and day difference between it and PS3/360.

I really enjoyed diablo 3 on the ps4, such a great game when using the controller compared to PC imo.

I played it until i completed all the achivements which took a while (2 years) as I just played really casually. I really enjoyed using the diablofans website to learn about the different builds etc, and mainly only played the normal mode or whatever it is called (not the hardcore one) because the whole not using the character again if you die thing is not for me!

I also played it without the PS online functionality, but i imagine it would be even more fun if you have mates who also have the game.