Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Like most people who were actually there, I am very disappointed to hear about the removal of walljumping. It was an integral part of the Vanilla experience that made exploring very fun.

Also can't help but notice that the two starting zones they chose were Westfall (the size of your living room) and Barrens (the size of Africa). Looks like one side is getting considerably more demo content than the other... how coincidental that the side benefiting happens to be Horde.
    Seriously? Barrens was just an expansive wasteland of nothingness. Just lots of tedious walking with quests so asininely spread out. Horde got the short end of the stick with this one.
    And pray to god you don't die by pulling an extra mob. Vanilla corpse runs were brutal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    Question please??? Do I have to make a New classic account or can I just make a New level 1 character and play clas.sic on my current account. Also If I do some of those achievements, quests (stuffs you can't get on current) will it carry over to my current. Needs to know this stuffs.
    You can ask that question at Blizzcon

My guess is nothing will carry over from/to BfA. Its a different game. Classic didn't have account-wide stuff and it should stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Just those 3 citations already tell me that Vanilla will not be Vanilla as it was back in the day. I'm kinda starting to look at it now like some sort of "remastered Vanilla".
    Of course it wont be. Just a quick glance at Classic forums shows it. People already screaming for features and QoL changes that came in after cata. Lets see how long blizz endures before giving in. Then its no longer the "vanilla experience" that people were craving for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    This is troubling. I was hoping Classic WoW would be on the Classic Client/Launcher/etc.

I want Classic WoW, not "Classic" WoW.
    That was never going to happen and you're naive if you thought it would. It has to be made compatible with their modern account, billing, and distro infrastructure. The Battle.net launcher doesn't even use the same filetypes anymore, they switched from mpq to casc storage years ago.

Of course, I totally expected a bunch of Classic supporters to find any reason not to support the official release. Exploits removed, accessibility options added, battle.net integration. Not authentic enough! Back to playing imperfectly-emulated private servers for free, where people can bot and donate to get advantages!

I mean, good luck even finding private servers after WoW Classic launches, because you know Blizzard will crack down once they actually have a competing product on the market.

How typical of me to think that Blizzard would give me back this piece of my Childhood. Like Shadman they’ve pounded it into the ground until it’s nothing more than a sweaty, bloody piece of meat. My Childhood is ruined once again.

I for one won’t be playing this “Battle for Azeroth but with 2004 graphics” ripoff of what Classic was.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    Question please??? Do I have to make a New classic account or can I just make a New level 1 character and play clas.sic on my current account. Also If I do some of those achievements, quests (stuffs you can't get on current) will it carry over to my current. Needs to know this stuffs.
    It'll likely be a stand-alone game separate from current WoW. Also, the achievement didn't even exist until well into BC, so there likely won't be anything of that nature in the revamped classic.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    That was never going to happen and you're naive if you thought it would. It has to be made compatible with their modern account, billing, and distro infrastructure. The Battle.net launcher doesn't even use the same filetypes anymore, they switched from mpq to casc storage years ago.

Of course, I totally expected a bunch of Classic supporters to find any reason not to support the official release. Exploits removed, accessibility options added, battle.net integration. Not authentic enough! Back to playing imperfectly-emulated private servers for free, where people can bot and donate to get advantages!

I mean, good luck even finding private servers after WoW Classic launches, because you know Blizzard will crack down once they actually have a competing product on the market.
    Ill just keep playing live and ignore that this frankenstien exists.

Afterall this isnt being built for me, its being built for all the people who joined in TBC and onwards, they wont ever get to experience Classic as it was from release to 1.12 and that makes me happy as thoes memories and experiences will remain untainted by this abomination.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2018-10-22 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Of course it wont be. Just a quick glance at Classic forums shows it. People already screaming for features and QoL changes that came in after cata. Lets see how long blizz endures before giving in. Then its no longer the "vanilla experience" that people were craving for.
    I don't think those players will stay for long when Classic goes live, so it doesn't matter what they want. Also I think Blizzard won't give in to such silly demands.

There are millions of players, anyone can demand anything, doesn't mean it makes sense or it will get implemented. Random posts are just that - random posts, nothing to see there.

Lol at wall jumping qq. Is that seriously game breaking enough to not want to play it?

Okay so they fixed wall jumping... something I spent an exorbinate amount of time doing back when people were still finding hidden inacessible area's. Its kinda a meh okay I see the reasoning, but my god if they make it so I cant kite Teremus the Devourer from blasted lands to stormwind on my hunter I wont even bother with Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Lol, wall jumping is an big deal in vanilla and so much fun. Removing it is a huge fking problem
    At least! We wont be stuck with guys like that who think the most important thing in a game is wall climbing! LOL
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

I love the idea of being able to play the vanilla WoW experience with the convenience of modern systems upgrades and battle.net integration. (I played vanilla WoW in full, started prior to BWL being released.) If all you did in vanilla was wall jump trying to reach secret areas, I guess this isn't for you. But for everyone else who wants the real experience, it sounds like its going to deliver. But for those of you who never played vanilla, brace yourselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    So you hate people wanting classis sooo much that you are down to make up your own facts as you go? People are running around in T3 these days and they are noticable, you may not even know it's T3 but you see it and you wonder what that is. Judgment set was also classic - one of the most iconic sets. Weapons like Ashkandi are some of the most sought after and were even redone for later expansions to make it more up to speed.

Try harder next time.
    I'm talking about the hypothetical chance that transmog would be added to Classic servers. It would serve no purpose. The only good sets were the Tier 3 sets, which could only be looted in the last and "hardest" raid content in the game. And the overrated Judgement set could only be worn by Alliance toons back then since Horde didn't have Paladins.
    Everything else was trashy clown armor with horrible models. Especially the shit you could loot in AQ40. Those armor sets makes my eyes want to puke.

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    At least! We wont be stuck with guys like that who think the most important thing in a game is wall climbing! LOL
    nope youll be stuck with all the whining babies who want more QOL improvements and MUH Xmog and have no idea how to stop keyboard turning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Okay so they fixed wall jumping... something I spent an exorbinate amount of time doing back when people were still finding hidden inacessible area's. Its kinda a meh okay I see the reasoning, but my god if they make it so I cant kite Teremus the Devourer from blasted lands to stormwind on my hunter I wont even bother with Classic.
    Oh. That's actually something to try on demo if you have bought a ticket. Try kiting random mobs far from their spawn point. I'm interested in knowing that too, but haven't bought ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    TBQH, despite not caring about Classic, I have to say that this is unlikely to happen. Even back in the day when Classic was current, there's PSes, they're utterly broken, practically nothing worked, just a literal shell of the game, and yet people still played on those. Today they're in a much and much better state, so it's fairly obvious that a big chunk of PS players will stay on those.

And it's nigh impossible to hunt down all PSes, moreover, Blizz can't do much against open-source projects like mangos and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I actually think one of the reasons why Classic is coming now and BFA is seeing a lot of backlash due to some bad choices on Blizz's part is because they are trying to reduce participation in Retail to replace it with a Diablo MMO that will get announced next Blizzcon instead of the usual WoW Expansion.
    Project Titan was supposed to replace WoW, which was initially meant for 2016, it died and became OW. Legion seemed like a proper send off to WoW, but they had to scramble and make another expansion, hence BFA which (while I don't think it's bad) the story feels disjointed.
    That’s not how businesses operate. Making a game bad to encourage players to play their newer game? Doesn’t work like that. I for one have zero interest in a diablo mmo. If I quit because I don’t like bfa, blizzard loses a customer that has literally spent thousands of dollars on this game.

The story in bfa feels disjointed because they split up its presentation between different media formats. And what they did present is just poorly written anyway. (From my Alliance perception.) If I didn’t have friends playing, I would have all ready quit over the story alone.

At blizzcon, I hope someone asks the devs why the Alliance are in Uldir just to stump them.
    Last edited by Florida Man; 2018-10-22 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    This is troubling. I was hoping Classic WoW would be on the Classic Client/Launcher/etc.

I want Classic WoW, not "Classic" WoW.
    You want original code? LOL? They'd have to ship a copy of Windows XP with every copy to make it run. You can't take code from 2003 and expect it to work.

It was brought up many times that they would need to bring the client into compliance with modern hardware and OS stuff, and they'd integrate it into the Battle.net client, because why should they recreate a billing and support system, when they have one?

This is honestly so amusing to me.

Blizzard: "Okay, we'll remake Classic"
    You: "It's not Classic enough."

I think the only way to please you, is to invent time travel, so you can click a link and go back to 2004, so you can be "pure" killing boars for their livers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    That’s not how businesses operate. Making a game bad to encourage players to play their newer game? Doesn’t work like that. I for one have zero interest in a diablo mmo. If I quit because I don’t like bfa, blizzard loses a customer that has literally spent thousands of dollars on this game.

The story in bfa feels disjointed because they split up its presentation between different media formats. And what they did present is just poorly written anyway. (From my Alliance perception.) If I didn’t have friends playing, I would have all ready quit over the story alone.

At blizzcon, I hope someone asks the devs them why the Alliance are in Uldir just to stump them.
    I still dont get why the Alliance are in Uldir, nothing in the game would even suggest the Alliance should have had any reason to be there, Alliance should have gotten their own raid in Stormsong against the Stormsages and the Corrupt King.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I actually think one of the reasons why Classic is coming now and BFA is seeing a lot of backlash due to some bad choices on Blizz's part is because they are trying to reduce participation in Retail to replace it with a Diablo MMO that will get announced next Blizzcon instead of the usual WoW Expansion.
    Project Titan was supposed to replace WoW, which was initially meant for 2016, it died and became OW. Legion seemed like a proper send off to WoW, but they had to scramble and make another expansion, hence BFA which (while I don't think it's bad) the story feels disjointed.
    The only flaw I can see in this is how would the Diablo MMO be any different or better?

You're not going to transplant the WoW playerbase into Diablo. The standard is too high and the fantasy would be less light-hearted. Diablo is basically a hellscape world with a lot of throwaway lore, most of it dealing with how bad guys became bad guys.

Never mind that, but how would it be mechanically any different than WoW?

If anything, WoW seems to be heading down a Diablo-like rabbit hole with tons of throwaway gear and pruning of abilities to the point where you've got maybe five relevant skills for combat. Lots of movement too.