Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just want dual wield back

Quote Originally Posted by Baredgrylls View Post
    It needs 3 changes.

1. They need to make WI baseline
    2. They need to buff/change mastery
    3. They need to nerf haste.

Wildfire Infusion is really the only trait in that row. It is what makes the rotation fun and engaging.

Our mastery is terrible. It it to the point that an item with +15 item levels and mastery is not an upgrade.

Haste has the opposite issue. Around ilvl 360 it became more of a DPS gain then agi for me. At this rate it will be the other way (no haste, no upgrade)

Otherwise it is amazing and I really enjoy it!
    Yeah I just did another sim today and saw it had outpaced agi. Haha.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by jerich4 View Post
    I just want dual wield back
    I would enjoy that as well. I'd switch to survival in a heartbeat. Never look back.

Too bad there isn't a way to make it a hybrid ranged melee

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    Melee Survival is the most fun hunters have been in years, I hope Blizzard keep it that way.
    Clearly not because youy still have hardly anyone playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Popular at being a joke about how it was MM lite, maybe.
    "MM lite" wasn't a thing until Legion's revisionist approach to class design. SV was popular on its own merit when it was ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by NutellaCrepe View Post
    Frame it as you will, it was a slight tweak towards creating a comprehensive spec. It does not mean that the spec is shifting towards a range spec. It's still a melee spec with range capabilities. It's just revamped to have some coherence and an actual rotation.
    Lmao "slight tweak".

Absolutely no one of not is calling it a slight/additive update. Not Blizzard, not any of the famous WoW commentaries, and not even a non-negligible amount of people on the forums. You're literally the only person I've seen who calls it a "slight tweak". Blizzard makes not of significant changes right from the first Battle for Azeroth Q&A (https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...on-Hazzikostas). I've already linked the January Q&A. Every commentator of the spec's development refers to it to a significant overhaul.

They perfected the melee spec so that it can remain a melee spec. If Blizz had planned to revamp the spec and make it a full blown range spec, they wouldn't have wasted the time and resources to create new skills and rotations within the melee spec.
    Maybe they did. Who knows at this point. But what they've done is a) put Survival in a position where players can't help but feel that melee mechanics are the handicap holding Survival back rather than a unique feature propelling it forward, and b) design Survival in such a way that they could transition it to a ranged spec relatively easily, keeping much of the spec intact in the process. Whether or not they intended to help the melee side of things; they've weakened its already-tenuous standing.

We can see that you are getting agitated and are clearly gasping at straws at this point. Just learn to deal with the fact that Survival is hunter's Melee spec and it is here to stay, whether you like it or not.
    You're the one spin-doctoring to the max here by calling it a "slight tweak" and trying to misrepresent my arguments so I'll just add this to the "SV Hunter projection" pile like all your other posts.

If SV stays melee beyond this expansion, I keep heckling it. It's that simple. That's how I deal with the factt that SV is melee. Get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Ah yes, "I don't want to answer because saying the truth makes all my point worthless." It was just a question. But I can see why you don't want respond properly.
    I mean you didn't actually ask a question, but assuming that's what you were goiing for with the Rogue comment: I absolutely would call the 7.0 changes to Combat a shift towards ranged. What I would not say is "Outlaw is ranged", which are the words you're putting in my mouth. You're still assuming those words mean "will eventually be ranged", and therefore concluding that I'm asserting that SV is/will be ranged. It's just as dishonest and pathetic as the previous several times you've attempted it and it will never work.

Anyway, I really don't know much about Outlaw other than it got some ranged capabilities in 7.0. Looking over its abilities and talents from Icy Veins, it looks like you're either wrong or lying about its ranged capabilities. There's a talent that increases the range of your melee abilities by a whopping 3 yards, but that's obviously not nearly the same league as the majority of Survival's toolkit being a 40-yard ranges. 8 yard range is still effectivley melee.

"Bail out melee SV". Yeah, not said that at all right. And that is just one example. I bet there is 10 more in this thread alone.
    Are you really going to continue to push this strawman argument with weak shit like this? That qwuote doesn't at all say what you're pretending it does. I stand by every word of it, and I refer to the January Q&A to back it up. Melee Survival was in trouble due to its contrast to the rest of the class, so they went for a better balance between ranged and melee. Removing the euphemistic bullshit, "we used ranged mechanics to bail out melee SV".

Rereading your post, maybe you're confused by the term "bail out"? That doesn't mean "they bailed out of melee SV" in that context, if that's what you're going for. "Bail out" in this context means an emergency failsafe, i.e. getting something out of trouble. Melee SV was spiraling downwards, so they added ranged mechanics to prop it up.

So much text, and it all ended up as a strawman(maybe stop accusing others for it). You have gloriously said that survival is shifting more towards ranged indeed, but we have said it's still a melee-spec. But you refuse to acknowledge that because the legion version "failed" as being "pure melee"(it wasn't then either). It got changed to flow better. Not to cater to people who wants it back as ranged.
    Holy shit, actually responding to a strawman accusation with "no u". Where do we even go from here.

The rest of this part hardly makes any sense. Try proofreading once in a while. I do, however, see the claim that Survival wasn't pure melee in Legion. If we are being literal, it wasn't, but then again: no melee spec is. Because just about every melee spec has at least 1 attack that can be used at ranged. What matters, and is so often ignored in these sorts of discussions, is extent. Survival is far, far more ranged-leaning than the ohter melee specs, including its previous iteration from Legion. And, according to the January Q&A, the changes were made, to some extent, to appeal to non-Survival Hunters. Whether or not a spec flows is not dependent on being melee or ranged. They could have tidied up the rotation by keeping it ~90% melee or so. But that's not what happened.

So outlaw is a spec made towards being ranged then? Is that a better question? You know Outlaw got bigger portion of their damage coming from ranged attacks that survival right? So Outlaw is going more towards ranged? Please answer the question without dodging it with 6-8 paragraph responses. Please be honest. If you say no, then we are indeed agreeing. If you say yes, then I feel sorry for you.
    Already addressed the first part. It was a shift towards ranged in the literal sense, but it's still mostly composed of melee mechanics and has an established melee identity. Neither can be said about Survival.

The second statement just looks to be flat-out untrue. I'm looking at Outlaw's toolkit; I'm counting 3 melee abilities (Sinister Strike, Dispatch, Ambush), the Roll the Bones buff (not a damaging ability), and one ranged ability (Pistol Shot). It's AoE is a buff that makes all melee attacks cleave. That is not even close to the ranged capability SV has, and I'm not seeing any extra ranged capability from the talents. Is this a case of you seriously believing +3 yards to all melee attacks makes it a ranged spec? Do I really need to explain how that's a complete joke of an argument?

You have repeatedly said that survival had a shift towards being ranged you said. And you are still saying it's becoming more and more of a ranged spec, since the melee version failed in Legion. So tell me how the top logs on bosses in Uldir got 75-90% (depending of talents) of the damage output from melee-abilities? No?
    Yes, I did repeatedly say that and I still do. We've already looked at a top log from an Uldir boss. I just picked the top Fetid Devourer log because that's a fight that is honestly the most favourable to melee in there. Looking at the current log I'm counting about 47% damage from melee attacks by the player. I'm guessing you're going to argue that the 34% done by the pet counts as melee, but frankly the Hunter does not need to be in melee range for that to happen and we do not call BM a melee spec when most of its damage comes from the pet. So that's a minority of the spec's damage made up from actual, no-bullshit, player-activated melee mechanics.

Funnily enough, I'm looking at a Zul log right now that has Mongoose Bite + Melee at 19%. Like, holy shit. You can literally have 80% ranged damage on some fights as SV. But please, continue denying that the spec is no more shifted towards ranged damage than it was in Legion.

Please, please be honest.
    What's that they say about people living in glass houses?

Check yourself before accusing me of lying. I've been called a liar by many projecting SV Hunters and I can expose their bullshit without breaking a sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I never played hunter. I am enjoying the hell out of SV.
    This makes sense because Hunters are not the intended audience for Survival, as admitted by Blizzard. What a shameful situation. A class is not even the intended audence for one of its own specs.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Holy shit, actually responding to a strawman accusation with "no u". Where do we even go from here.
    Not really sure how I got here either. It's you who accuse people for strawman, and when you do it in every post, it's kinda hard to take what you say seriously. It's funny though, to talk to someone that leaves stuff out to "prove" he is correct
    The second statement just looks to be flat-out untrue. I'm looking at Outlaw's toolkit; I'm counting 3 melee abilities (Sinister Strike, Dispatch, Ambush), the Roll the Bones buff (not a damaging ability), and one ranged ability (Pistol Shot). It's AoE is a buff that makes all melee attacks cleave. That is not even close to the ranged capability SV has, and I'm not seeing any extra ranged capability from the talents. Is this a case of you seriously believing +3 yards to all melee attacks makes it a ranged spec? Do I really need to explain how that's a complete joke of an argument?
    I like how you deliberately ignore Between the Eyes, because that wouldn't fit your argument. Talking about lying? What a joke.

Nice to see that you think outlaw is melee then, so you can't say BfA Survival is more like a ranged spec.

Yes, I did repeatedly say that and I still do. We've already looked at a top log from an Uldir boss. I just picked the top Fetid Devourer log because that's a fight that is honestly the most favourable to melee in there. Looking at the current log I'm counting about 47% damage from melee attacks by the player. I'm guessing you're going to argue that the 34% done by the pet counts as melee, but frankly the Hunter does not need to be in melee range for that to happen and we do not call BM a melee spec when most of its damage comes from the pet. So that's a minority of the spec's damage made up from actual, no-bullshit, player-activated melee mechanics.
    No shit, Survival use pets?? So BM-hunters are somewhat melee then since the damage comes from the pet? Wow, 70% of BM's damage is at melee. Yeah, sounds stupid? That's your world. Not sure what kind of logic you use? So yeah, even if you count it or not, survival hunters do way more from melee-abilities than ranged, a lot more. On fight's like Taloc, take out the pet, and you do 70% of your damage from mongoose and auto-attack. And what Fetid Devourer-log are you looking at? Top log got 13% of all damage from bombs and Serpent Sting. Take out pet, and only count the others, melee will be around 75% of all the damage. Because you know, that just leaving out the pet-attacks you need to add the other's together, then count the %. Not just take it out, then calculate, like you done before in this thread. Yeah, newsflash, your math has been wrong the whole thread.

Funnily enough, I'm looking at a Zul log right now that has Mongoose Bite + Melee at 19%. Like, holy shit. You can literally have 80% ranged damage on some fights as SV. But please, continue denying that the spec is no more shifted towards ranged damage than it was in Legion.
    Yeah, on heavy aoe-fights you'll do more with the bombs. Just like you did with traps in Legion. But of course, continue denying that. We can check several ST-fights like Taloc, Fetid, Vectis(that is even a cleave-fight, and bomb+serpent is only 20% of the damage) and see that Bombs and Serpent sting account for 10-15% of overall damage.

What's that they say about people living in glass houses?
    You tell me
    Check yourself before accusing me of lying. I've been called a liar by many projecting SV Hunters and I can expose their bullshit without breaking a sweat.
    It's because you lie, just like where you said you didn't say that SV wasn't a proper melee-spec anymore. So maybe stop lying and change goalpost all the time? I mean it's rather hilarious that you lie, and then accuse someone else for it, when I linked a quote from you from the post before.

Not really sure how I got here either. It's you who accuse people for strawman, and when you do it in every post, it's kinda hard to take what you say seriously. It's funny though, to talk to someone that leaves stuff out to "prove" he is correct
    Can you actually point to a single one of my arguments that you think constitutes a strawman argument? I'm convinced you either don't understand what the term means or you are so used to projecting your flaws onto others that it's just subconscious, knee-jerk response at this point.

I like how you deliberately ignore Between the Eyes, because that wouldn't fit your argument. Talking about lying? What a joke.
    Admittedly I missed that one because I was looking at the Outlaw Rogue Spell Summary page of Icy Veins (https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/outlaw...-spell-summary) which does not mention it anywhere on the page.

But yeah, it's not like I said I've literally never played this spec and know nothing about it or anything; I must be the perpetrator of some conspiracy here picking and choosing what counts as DPS abilities.

Fucking listen to yourself once in a while.

Anyway, let's factor that in. I'm having to look at the rotations page, the talent page, and the spell summary page all at once cause frankly the layout of this one is shit. These are the abilities I'm seeing that are part of the core toolkit.

- Sinister Strike (filler, melee)
    - Dispatch (finisher signature, melee)
    - Blade Flurry (cleave activation, melee)
    - Pistol Shot (used on proc, ranged)
    - Between the Eyes (used on proc, ranged)

* optimal builds also take Blade Rush, an additional melee cleave mechanic

Looking at the top DPS log on Fetid Devourer, ~23% of the damage was ranged, the rest was melee.

So I can already see that this is a lower proportion of ranged than Survival is, but let's complete the comparison.

- Raptor Strike (filler/signature, melee)
    - Carve (AoE cleave, melee)
    - Wildfire Bomb (cooldown filler, ranged)
    - Serpent Sting (DoT, ranged)
    - Kill Command (cooldown generator, ranged/pet-based)

* optimal builds also take Mongoose Bite which replaces Raptor Strike

I mean, right there you can see SV still has a higher proportion of ranged attacks. Let's say it's single target and not count Blade Flurry or the level 100 talent for Outlaw; you're still at 2 melee, 2 ranged. Compare to Survival without Carve; 1 melee, 3 ranged. I mean, you COULD argue Kill Command is "melee" because your pet has to be in melee range, but that would be a bad argument because a) the player themselves does not need to be in melee, and b) it causes the pet to charge in from 40 yards.

On damage breakdowns SV has less of a proportion from its melee attacks. Like I said in my previous post, we are looking at about ~50% on a single target fight, less on multitarget. That's not even considering Aspect of the Eagle. Also, SV is using its ranged abilities all the time; Outlaw uses them on procs.

It's great how even after making a mistake I'M STILL RIGHT. Maybe you should have checked before accusing me of lying.

Nice to see that you think outlaw is melee then, so you can't say BfA Survival is more like a ranged spec.
    Outlaw, like Survival, is a melee spec with ranged capabilities; it underwent a shift towards ranged in 7.0 just as SV did in 8.0. I've said all that in previous posts. You keep trying to invent inconsistencies in my arguments because you can't find any.

No shit, Survival use pets?? So BM-hunters are somewhat melee then since the damage comes from the pet? Wow, 70% of BM's damage is at melee. Yeah, sounds stupid? That's your world. Not sure what kind of logic you use? So yeah, even if you count it or not, survival hunters do way more from melee-abilities than ranged, a lot more. On fight's like Taloc, take out the pet, and you do 70% of your damage from mongoose and auto-attack. And what Fetid Devourer-log are you looking at? Top log got 13% of all damage from bombs and Serpent Sting. Take out pet, and only count the others, melee will be around 75% of all the damage. Because you know, that just leaving out the pet-attacks you need to add the other's together, then count the %. Not just take it out, then calculate, like you done before in this thread. Yeah, newsflash, your math has been wrong the whole thread.
    I don't know what I'm meant to glean from this paragraph of gibberish, but I'll try.

Hold the fuck up. You actually think the fair way to do this comparison is ignoring pet damage entirely? You realise that includes Kill Command, an actual ability you use in your toolkit, right?

You accuse ME of being dishonest? Detestable and hypocritical.

Pet damage is independent of whether the Hunter is in melee range or not. If you're at 30 yards your pet is still doing all that damage. That's why I count it as ranged damage. Just as how I count BM as being a ranged DPS spec even though the majority of its damage is from the pet. It's also an important source of damage, so discounting it entirely when discussing these proportions is beyond idiotic.

Your "calculation" is one of the worst constructed explanations of method I've ever seen. I have a science degree; I do not need to be lectured by someone who can barely put a sentence together on how to calculate proportions in a god damned WoW parse. Here's how I did it, and try to keep up because you might find this a bit complex: I took the proportion of damage from strictly melee-only mechanics, i.e. Melee and Mongoose Bite. The mere fact that those are the only two sources should speak volumes about the whole "shifted to ranged things", but I digress. Mongoose bite + Melee = 47% on the top Fetid Devourer log. That means of all the damage SV does on that fight, 47% of it is from melee-only sources. Remember, for Outlaw there were only 2 ranged mechanics and they accounted for 23% of the total damage on the same fight, meaning 77% of Outlaw's damage profile was melee-only.

Only one of us here arbitrarily chose not to count a major source of damage at all in their calculations. That's a clear indicator of which one of us is being honest (ME) and which one is spin-doctoring to prove a failed point (YOU).

Yeah, on heavy aoe-fights you'll do more with the bombs. Just like you did with traps in Legion. But of course, continue denying that. We can check several ST-fights like Taloc, Fetid, Vectis(that is even a cleave-fight, and bomb+serpent is only 20% of the damage) and see that Bombs and Serpent sting account for 10-15% of overall damage.
    Cool, and you have a full third of your damage on top of that from pets which is still available when outside of melee range.

You think traps pre-BfA worked the same way?

Mythic Skorpyron: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=20

Butchery: 84.41%.

Ayy lmao. Didn't even bother looking at the rest.

You tell me
    Soon you really will be replying with just "no u" at this rate.

It's because you lie, just like where you said you didn't say that SV wasn't a proper melee-spec anymore. So maybe stop lying and change goalpost all the time? I mean it's rather hilarious that you lie, and then accuse someone else for it, when I linked a quote from you from the post before.
    I have absolutely never said that SV in BfA is not a melee spec. In fact, I spent a great deal of time throughout BfA Beta shooting down posts that argued that it wasn't, and was instead some sort of hybrid/viable ranged DPS.

That quote doesn't remotely say what you think it does. It doesn't say "SV is not a melee spec". It says "they used ranged mechanics to bail out melee SV", which is absolutely true.

You probably don't realise this, but if there's one thing you're worse at than making worthwile arguments and presenting them clearly it's evaluating what arguments other people are making. Your entire argumentative style rests on attacking what you perceived the other person said and not what they actually said. That's why I accuse you of presenting strawman arguments because that's exactly the meaning of "strawman". Go look it up.

Snip
    You probably don't realise this, but if there's one thing you're worse at than making worthwile arguments and presenting them clearly it's evaluating what arguments other people are making. Your entire argumentative style rests on attacking what you perceived the other person said and not what they actually said. That's why I accuse you of presenting strawman arguments because that's exactly the meaning of "strawman". Go look it up.
    The fallacy is that you think your arguments are better, while it's just your opinion. Yes, I find it funny that you have to resort to saying other people strawman, while you do it yourself in every post. Hypocrite, yes. I admit that I do the same as you at least, because you don't really deserve to be treated with the respect you might deserve, because you start to either strawman, or say others are imbeciles because they don't agree with you in the very first post you start to argue with them. Then you say that I deflect the arguments(which is strawmanning per definition) but I do attack your points. But you as many others think that strawmanning is the same as not agreeing to your point, and that's not how it works. But I am letting that slide for now and won't do the same because this will be my last post vs you, because it was funny, but now it's just sad.

You take one example up from logs, lets say Scorpyron(nice example btw), when Butchery was indeed the big hitter, for mass-aoe. Same as Wildfire bomb do that for mass aoe now. But what you don't seem to grasp is that isn't the norm to use those abilities. Mostly for light cleave Wildfire Bomb doesn't do more than around 20% of your damage, serpent sting a lot less. And then you have full ST kit where they are almost non-existant. Then you bring up Kill Command, which you can use from range, and that pet shouldn't really be accounted for. But survival uses pets, and even with pets, on ST/Light cleave the most damage is from auto-attack and mongoose bite. So a BM hunter is just shit then right, because the pet does 70% of the damage at least? That's why I took that in, because that was silly af. You also bring in the logs that favors what you say(which is very, very few but cred for taking in the anomaly's), but you don't realize it's true for mass-aoe only(or do you?). When it comes to ST, light cleave, 60-85% of all the damage you do(without accounting pet lol) is from melee-abilities.

TLDR: Survival is melee(outlaw as well), not even close to being ranged.

Just to add:
    It's great how even after making a mistake I'M STILL RIGHT. Maybe you should have checked before accusing me of lying.
    No, you are still wrong. Your maths are wrong, again, like in every post you try here. A big portion of the damage is the pet, you have to add that to the rogue abilities to if you want to compare them. And even if we go by your logic that the pet doesn't count, the "ranged" abilities for the Outlaw rogue only "beats" the Survival one with 2%. The idea when I asked you was if the Outlaw Rogue is more towards ranged, since you say Survival is. And you then use 5 paragraphs to try to make it so the Outlaw Rogue is less "ranged" than Survival? LMAO. Yeah, congratulations.

Btw, the two top logs shows that the Rogue got 23% of the damage from ranged abilities, while the Survival have 13%. Yeah, you are certainly correct....
    Last edited by Doffen; 2018-10-20 at 07:36 PM.

Clearly not because youy still have hardly anyone playing it.
    Oh, thank you for telling me what I should find fun. You should find a job on Blizzard, the BfA team will love to have you around!

Quote Originally Posted by Baredgrylls View Post
    No one cares what you think, stop trolling. It’s not ranged, Donald Trump is president. Move along.
    I seen on the internet that if the Democrats win they will impeach Survival and make it ranged again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    Melee Survival is the most fun hunters have been in years, I hope Blizzard keep it that way.
    Yeah, the years from the 7.0 patch until now....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherius View Post
    I seen on the internet that if the Democrats win they will impeach Survival and make it ranged again.
    Fuck, I'd be canvasing the door to door for them to give me back MOP Survival.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Imagine if people “discussed” with randoms in real life as they do in this forum

You’re at a party and hear a friend of a friend say “oh I like having a melee hunter spec”.

You react by going straight to him yelling “You big idiot! Your arguements suck! Go F yourself!”.

Probably wouldn’t happen though..
    Last edited by Kaver; 2018-10-21 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Imagine if people “discussed” with randoms in real life as they do in this forum

You’re at a party and hear a friend of a friend say “oh I like having a melee hunter spec”.

You react by going straight to him yelling “You big idiot! Your arguements suck! Go F yourself!”.

Probably wouldn’t happen though..
    Well, just a matter of enough alcohol.

If SV stays melee beyond this expansion, I keep heckling it. It's that simple. That's how I deal with the factt that SV is melee. Get used to it.
    At least you admit that you are just a loud man-child that is throwing a tantrum because he's not getting everything he wants.

Conversation is over, this kid has no real argument.

That quote right there is enough to get FpicEail banned, where are the moderators at in this place? He had admitted he has no interest in contributing to this thread/topic/community and his only desire is to harass everyone until blizzard gives him back his favorite toy.

Btw, the two top logs shows that the Rogue got 23% of the damage from ranged abilities, while the Survival have 13%. Yeah, you are certainly correct....
    Surely we're looking at different logs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=31

53% of the hunter's damage can be done from range, not 13%. Also, if it weren't for the fact that raptor strike required you to equip a melee weapon SV could use a bow. Like, that's it. One ability makes SV a melee spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    Surely we're looking at different logs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=31

53% of the hunter's damage can be done from range, not 13%. Also, if it weren't for the fact that raptor strike required you to equip a melee weapon SV could use a bow. Like, that's it. One ability makes SV a melee spec.
    Not if you count it like the one I quoted does it. Wildfire bomb did 9.78%, serpent sting 4.43. He takes out the pet damage, and then just take the left over raw number and then "calculate" it. If you take away pet damage, like he did, the melee-attacks would stand for around 75% of the damage. So tell me how "one" ability makes this a melee spec. You know that to increase damage from the bombs when using Wildfire infusion is enhanced by melee attacks right? Same with static Wildfire bomb, you decrease the cd on it with melee-attacks, same with the trait that also reduce the cd. So the damage from melee-attacks is even higher than what you see on the logs.

Take away Mongoose Bite(raptor strike) and you wouldn't be invited for anything, because you would lose 70-80% of the damage. Survival is a melee-spec.

I love melee hunter!

Not if you count it like the one I quoted does it. Wildfire bomb did 9.78%, serpent sting 4.43. He takes out the pet damage, and then just take the left over raw number and then "calculate" it. If you take away pet damage, like he did, the melee-attacks would stand for around 75% of the damage. So tell me how "one" ability makes this a melee spec. You know that to increase damage from the bombs when using Wildfire infusion is enhanced by melee attacks right? Same with static Wildfire bomb, you decrease the cd on it with melee-attacks, same with the trait that also reduce the cd. So the damage from melee-attacks is even higher than what you see on the logs.

Take away Mongoose Bite(raptor strike) and you wouldn't be invited for anything, because you would lose 70-80% of the damage. Survival is a melee-spec.
    You're really misreading what he wrote:

Pet damage is independent of whether the Hunter is in melee range or not. If you're at 30 yards your pet is still doing all that damage. That's why I count it as ranged damage.
    FpicEail is rightfully counting pet damage as ranged damage.

As an aside, if you equip a bow instead of a polearm you won't lose 80% of your damage because Mongoose Bite/Raptor Strike aren't 80% of your damage. Not that it's viable, but I was just pointing out that a single ability's weapon requirement is what makes SV a melee spec.

Enhancement shaman have a similar ratio of melee to ranged as survival in terms of the number of abilities, no one's saying they are a ranged spec in disguise. If the shaman isn't stormstriking his damage is crap, if the survival hunter isn't hitting raptor/mongoose his damage is also crap. This discussion has been ridiculous for a few pages now.

I'm sorry for those that liked it more when it really was a ranged spec, but I'd be more sorry to see it reverted to that.

I liked the rotation more in Legion but I like throwing bombs more than dropping traps on top of people.