Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I can't express how much I detest the constant swirling graphic of RJW.
    I used to dislike it too, but I find i dont even notice it after using it for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Awyee View Post
    I used to dislike it too, but I find i dont even notice it after using it for a while
    How do you do it ? I'm deaf, so this is all I'm seeing. I even missed some of the DBM messages and got stupidly stunned because of that.

Again I quote myself, RJW is the only viable source in that tier - anything else you shouldnt be tanking or an lfr hero.

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    Again I quote myself, RJW is the only viable source in that tier - anything else you shouldnt be tanking or an lfr hero.
    Define "viable". If by viable, you mean competing MDI, then sure.
    Otherwise, all talents are viables. You can perfectly run with SD much like you can run with RJW. Get over it dude. We can and we should tank with SD if RJW isn't to our liking.
    Try playing RJW in toldagor or waycrest manor. Hopefully you don't have epileptic seizures. It's cancer af.

I assume for leveling up etc special delivery is ok. if you are hammering tons of iron brews constantly are you sailing out a bunch of kegs that are landing one after the other or is it not queued up.

seems like you would do ok damage if are constantly hammering iron out doing quests etc.

Take Special delivery if you dont have reliable slow in group or if you're going to be out of RJW range. RJW is flat better damage, this isn't always a tanks main concern in 5 mans.

Deleted
    Just a thought, the mobs that fight each other are in combat as they get buffed by bolster and such like even if you don't engage them and kill mobs nearby. Could they be the viable targets for SD?

Deleted
    i'd love to use Special Delivery - but Rushing Jade Wind is just too good to not pick it. Having some kind of pickup threat aura around you is great, especially since it can be precast.
    Both Keg Smash and Breath of Fire are kinda clunky in that regard (especially due to cooldowns) but if you can rely on RJW as a initial pickup feel way better to use.

In addition the GCD spend on RJW isnt needed elsewhere, as energy regen is to low to use Tiger Palm as a constant filler

[QUOTE=Katamere;50339994]i'd love to use Special Delivery - but Rushing Jade Wind is just too good to not pick it. Having some kind of pickup threat aura around you is great, especially since it can be precast.

can you not use the statue thing to aoe threat if you taunt it?

Very rarely ever taunt the statue, it's taking free damage you dont have to be healed through until you overagro it.

It also collects caster adds closer than natural body agro, caster adds will run to statue some before they cast on it.

Special delivery's 50% snare is very valuable

In the right circumstances far beyond whatever damage gains there are from RJW

Don't dismiss SD, choose and use it smartly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    can you not use the statue thing to aoe threat if you taunt it?
    sure.. but then again i would have to deal with the many tight situations on dungeon trash where statue would pull half of the dungeon. Plus i would miss out on Ring of Peace, which can be utilized in A LOT of ways.
    If statue was pulsing threat only to targets that are incombat + it wasn't in the same tier as Ring of Peace which i consider mandatory at this point i'd gladly take it and would also consider not taking RJW. But right now i think RJW+RoP is the more versatily and unproblematic pick then SD+Statue

Quote Originally Posted by Katamere View Post
    sure.. but then again i would have to deal with the many tight situations on dungeon trash where statue would pull half of the dungeon. Plus i would miss out on Ring of Peace, which can be utilized in A LOT of ways.
    If statue was pulsing threat only to targets that are incombat + it wasn't in the same tier as Ring of Peace which i consider mandatory at this point i'd gladly take it and would also consider not taking RJW. But right now i think RJW+RoP is the more versatily and unproblematic pick then SD+Statue
    RoP is just as niche pick as it ever was, just dont need to give up leg sweep to be able to pick it now, it is in no way shape or form mandatory. Statue soaks massive amounts of damage and allows healers to dps large windows.

I don't know if Special Delivery is the cause of the accidental pulls. I think laser matrix or one of the other azerite traits was causing pulls like this previously but not sure if it was fixed at all.

As BrM I use RJW, it's just too easy. I also use the statue for open world questing and it has great benefits in some boss fights in 5 mans but anywhere else you just end up aggroing shit you didn't want. I will tend to pick up RoP though for dungeons depending on affixes etc...

As WW though I can't stand RJW, can't see a damn thing especially with some of the close quarters dungeons and how they screw with your camera. As a tank I'm face rolling trash packs anyway so RJW doesn't bother me as much.
    Last edited by Wold; 2018-11-02 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Special Delivery is only worth using when you have no one else in your group that can 50%+ snare. Most DPS classes have a 50% snare, so you pretty much never need it. RJW makes getting AoE aggro a bit easier.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Ive had similar issue with lazermatrix azurite trait. Triggering and lazering aditional packs of mobs while I was healing up after bursting stacks set in. Happened twice in motherlode ..

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this happen to me aswell I pulled the second boss trough the door and he brought all mobs wich are in his path.
    I also added Pig Boss in Waycrest while doing trash and I am a 100% I was not in combat with him and far away.
    TD is a special place for monk tanks.
    Statue feels so great on the way to third boss pulling mobs from below and shit.
    I also added some crocs from below wich just chomped us from the bottom floor. So yeah TD is broken af!!!
    And yeah I run SD for some extra slow sometimes