Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    walljumping isnt cheating, its exploiting a bug.

obviously that doesnt make it any less of an issue, but still.
    *Exploiting a bug.*
    *exploiting*
    *bug*
    *not cheating*
    Ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I'm excited af for this. Going back and feeling so cool as a frost mage slowly blizzarding and slowing mobs down while i grind out levels. I expect to spend a long long time leveling, going slow and just having enjoying the classic as a game. I know it wont have the same feel as it did when I played it 14 years ago, but my god it's still going to be a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    I've done the MC attunement at least 20 times, and the onyxia attunement 4 times in the past few years. It's enjoyable and rewarding every time.
    You are an extreme minority. An extremely sad minority. There's a reason less than one percent of people did it then, and even fewer people will have patience for that now.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I don't think they are properly trying to torpedo the game, but they are experimenting to see what they can do.
    I also think the game has taken a big turn to be more like Diablo and demon hunters are right there in design language for the future. Less abilities, but more overlap in those abilities, DH plays precisely as I imagine a Diablo character being imported into wow would play.
    And I mean the story feels disjointed as in we didn't arrive here naturally, it feels last minute. The add-in story that links to BfA from Legion was all added in the last few patches with antorus.
    This isn't to say I hate BfA, I don't. I just feel this is what they are doing. I'm looking forward more to classic than retail announcements. As someone said on Twitter I believe, In classic I felt like a normal character doing heroic things, now I feel like a hero doing boring things.

- - - Updated - - -

They can reverse what they've done with a new ip and get back to the roots. Or they can keep going thwir direction, because BfA feels more Diabloish then ever before.

And the player base would play a Diablo mmo, even if it's more BfA, it's still the only option. Everything else out doesn't compare.
    My impression is that they're trying to figure out how they can maximize profit and minimize investment.

The only thing that isn't making sense is the half-assery that is the Community functionality, but continuing to create fewer interpersonal interactions in it.

I do miss the days when people knew mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VekniDarkIron View Post
    You are an extreme minority. An extremely sad minority. There's a reason less than one percent of people did it then, and even fewer people will have patience for that now.
    Only because no one knew what they were doing. Until I found a guide, I had no idea it was in the game. The quest setup and information resources back then were nothing like what we have now. Attunement guides in Vanilla and BC were literally MS Paint flowcharts.

7+ Year Old Account
    So does that mean we can't use addons on classic?!?

Already a betrayal.

Nice one Blizzard.

Deleted
    Classic needs new graphics without it would just feel like a polished turd

Quote Originally Posted by hobskins View Post
    Im glad they optimized classic wow for widescreen monitors. I forgot that was a possible issue. I use a widescreen and if it wasn't optimized i wouldn't of even touched classic. Great job!
    Optimized for widescreen monitors, yet there's still 4:3 format loading screens in the game. Keep waiting for those to get updated yet never do.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like reading about the people defending wall jumping like it was something common that everybody knew about. Considering most of the population didn't know where Mankrik's wife was, let alone what a stat like weapon skill did, I can assure you that very few people actually knew about wall jumping, let alone exploring the several areas that you needed it to access. People are vastly overstating what people knew when Vanilla was relevant and acting like a lot of things were common knowledge. Sorry, but most people who played the game then were ignorant and completely retarded, which isn't saying much because most people are still like this.

I cleared pretty much all the raid content when it was relevant sans the last three bosses in Naxxaramas back in Vanilla, and when people wall jumped in Faerlina's room, pretty much 90% of the raid group (or more) asked "How are you doing that?".

It's not an important part of Vanilla, nor is exploring empty zones that didn't make the cut. If it's that important to see those places, they could literally just make them easily accessible without requiring wall jumping so people can explore these areas with absolutely nothing in them.

Non-issue, who fucking cares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    So does that mean we can't use addons on classic?!?
    Why would you think that? Addons did exist in vanilla.

The comments are showing everything what can be wrong with classic fans. Wall jumping a major part of the game? How many of vanilla players even did that? 0.1%?
    Did you honestly think that client should not be optimised for modern tech? Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    ????

This is in relation to bots and exploitive behavior. You WANT fishing, and harvesting bots to ruin the player economy on the first week of release?
    Fishing bots, at least the one I know of, has worked in BfA since it's launch. No bans or anything yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Much as I'm happy for the people who are looking for WoW classic, I have a very sneaking suspicion that the rose-colored glasses are going to shatter with a loud bang once people realize just how much we take for granted is gone: no heirlooms, no flying, no flight whistles, fewer flight paths, no pets for hunters at 1, farming soul shards for warlocks, mats required to buff, the need to grind because there aren't enough quests, complicated poison manufacturing, abilities that make no sense (I still dance on the grave of Amp Magic), no dungeon finder, raid attunements, no transmog... the list goes on...
    Um, that actually sounds great to me! You're making me want to play Classic even more.

Quote Originally Posted by unclecreepy View Post
    Optimized for widescreen monitors, yet there's still 4:3 format loading screens in the game. Keep waiting for those to get updated yet never do.
    Loading screens are hand drawn. If just scaled up they’d look ugly. To be fair I don’t see why they need to ask the designer to redraw the pictures for a few second loading screen. An extreme non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I honestly don't think they are referring to wall jumping, but stuff like bots warping and mining/herbing underground. That kind of stuff.
    That makes sense to me--what I can't figure out is how there are 170+ comments on this post. There wasn't the slightest whiff of controversy surrounding it! Its 'the demo will have characters at 15 and is capped at 19, and will be held in Westfall and the Barrens.' Where's all this drama coming from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

15+ Year Old Account
    The two changes I expect is a proper 40man rangecheck for healers (vanilla doesn't have it inside instances, only 26 yard, or 60...gg for UIs)

And that is comes with the change that killed quickheal+dispel mods, currently on pvt servers (and it was the same in retail back then, just not só widespread) you can quickheal paladin with 1 button, and even play warrior with 1 button macro that does the full rotation for you. They broke it when TBC launched but I expect it to be broken for vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    I don't believe it at all. But that is not to say it isn't possible, I mean if Nasa can erase some of the most important historical data of the modern age, why not right?
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...56F5MK20090716
    I was responding to you saying you had Vanilla WoW on a flashdrive by pointing out that it was just all the client side stuff. All the server side stuff from then would be at Blizzard. Probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    That makes sense to me--what I can't figure out is how there are 170+ comments on this post. There wasn't the slightest whiff of controversy surrounding it! Its 'the demo will have characters at 15 and is capped at 19, and will be held in Westfall and the Barrens.' Where's all this drama coming from?
    "OMG THEY ARE REMOVING WALL JUMPING THE GAME IS SHIT NOW" and "THE DEMO THAT IS LIMITED AT THE CONVENTION WILL BE LIMITED AT HOME TOO EVEN THOUGH I CAN JUST HOP BACK ON WHILE PEOPLE AT THE CONVENTION WOULD HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE END OF A LINE" basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    I've done the MC attunement at least 20 times, and the onyxia attunement 4 times in the past few years. It's enjoyable and rewarding every time.
    Oh, you mean have guildies clear the way to the MC entrance so people can get their Core Fragment? or BWL Attunement where you have guildies clear UBRS and you chain people in?

Ony Attunement where you 2man the trash outside BRD for the scrap of paper, then follow Marshal "Herp Derp What's This?" Windsor around BRD?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Interesting, because it exists on the thumb drive in my pocket. As well as working WC1, 2 and 3
    You have the client, doesn't mean the supporting architecture on the server side exists as it needs to.

Will be awesome to see all the crybabies that have been longing for vanilla to be all upset and cry even more that the thing theyve been wanting for all this time wont be as good as they remembered it.
    Then they will log back on their current day patch servers and continue to cry about how good vanilla was.

Cant wait!