Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The Republicans more and more remind me of when Homer ran for office. "I hate the public so much Moe, if only they'd vote for me, then I'd make them all pay!"
    "Maybe if I am kind to Republicans, they won't try to deny my existence, make my life miserable or send me off to the conversion camps."

It's a very fucked-up kind of Stockholm Syndrome.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Could I? I don't think I would feel much safer.^^ Would there be much of a difference?
    AFAIK, going to LA (specially san francisco) is like heaven, compared to the hell that would be going to any of the Trump counties in the south of the US, where you can get attacked because of your existence.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Trump administration eyes writing transgender people ‘out of existence’ : https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...er-republican/
    From the article.

“As a Republican, it’s disgusting to see my party continue to push these types of things through in a world that’s changing. If we don’t change with the world, we are ultimately going to lose.”

She knows the kind of people Republicans are, right? She is one and yet didn't realize that they don't like the LGBT community? How is she surprised by any of this?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    From the article.

“As a Republican, it’s disgusting to see my party continue to push these types of things through in a world that’s changing. If we don’t change with the world, we are ultimately going to lose.”

She knows the kind of people Republicans are, right? She is one and yet didn't realize that they don't like the LGBT community? How is she surprised by any of this?
    Some people just hang on way to long. It is really weird to have supported the republicans all the way into late 2018 without realizing what they are, but sadly this is the reality for a lot of people. Many people are just cultural republicans, or cultural democrats, and have no idea which party stands for which. If you give the average American a pitch for any given political platform, they will agree with it, until you tell them which party it is that holds this one.

Branding is more important then values for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    As evident from Dacien and others around here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    AFAIK, going to LA (specially san francisco) is like heaven, compared to the hell that would be going to any of the Trump counties in the south of the US, where you can get attacked because of your existence.
    What about New England states?

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    And Donald Trump is all about branding. For the last few decades he hasn't really sold real estate so much as he's sold the Trump name.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    And Donald Trump is all about branding. For the last few decades he hasn't really sold real estate so much as he's sold the Trump name.
    The fun part. After his term as president is up, how much do you think his brand name will be worth then?

Doubly so if the Democrats take the house and investigate the hell out of him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...2ac5431c9c4de3

Someone put racist grandpa to bed please, it's past his bedtime.
    O.O you do realize that its actually a pretty good story of some one looking past another person's flaws to the talents underneath and giving them a chance. (though its all made up)

grants drinking caused him resign from the army, as a captain.
    In the summer of 1853, Grant was promoted to captain, one of only fifty on active duty, and assigned to command Company F, 4th Infantry, at Fort Humboldt, on the northwest California coast. Without explanation, he shortly thereafter resigned from the army on July 31, 1854. The commanding officer at Fort Humboldt, brevet Lieutenant Colonel Robert C. Buchanan, a strict disciplinarian, had reports that Grant was intoxicated off duty while seated at the pay officer's table.[47] Buchanan had previously warned Grant several times to stop his drinking.[47] In lieu of a court-martial, Buchanan gave Grant an ultimatum to sign a drafted resignation letter.[47] Grant resigned; the War Department stated on his record, "Nothing stands against his good name."[47] Rumors, however, persisted in the regular army of Grant's intemperance. According to biographer McFeely, historians overwhelmingly agree that his intemperance at the time was a fact, though there are no eyewitness reports extant.[48] Two of Grant's lieutenants corroborated this incident and Buchanan confirmed it to another officer in a conversation during the Civil War. [49] Historian Jean Edward Smith says, "The story rings true.[50] Jean Edward Smith maintains Grant's resignation was too sudden to be a calculated decision.[51] Historian William McFeely said that Grant left the army simply because he was "profoundly depressed" and that the evidence as to how much and how often Grant drank remains elusive.[48] Buchanan never mentioned it again until asked about it during the Civil War.[52] The effects and extent of Grant's drinking on his military and public career are debated by historians.[53] Lyle Dorsett said Grant was an "alcoholic" but functioned amazingly well. William Farina maintains Grant's devotion to family kept him from drinking to excess and sinking into debt
    though the story is entirely fictional. in truth Lincoln didn't like grant and congress forced him to promote him to the rank, Lincoln saw him as a threat to his republican candidacy in the next election and only bowed to congress when grant ruled out running for president.

President Abraham Lincoln signs a brief document officially promoting then-Major General Ulysses S. Grant to the rank of lieutenant general of the U.S. Army, tasking the future president with the job of leading all Union troops against the Confederate Army.

The rank of lieutenant general had not officially been used since 1798; at that time, President John Adams assigned the post to former President George Washington, in anticipation of a possible French invasion of the United States. One of Grant’s predecessors in the Civil War, Winfield Scott, had briefly earned the rank, but the appointment was only temporary—really, use of the rank had been suspended after George Washington’s death in 1799.

In 1862, Lincoln asked Congress to revive the rank of lieutenant general in order to distinguish between the general in charge of all Union forces and other generals of equal rank who served under him in the field. Congress also wanted to reinstate the rank of lieutenant general, but only if Lincoln gave the rank to Grant. Lincoln had other ideas.

Lincoln preferred to promote then-Commanding General Henry Wagner Halleck to lead the Union Army, which had been plagued by a string of ineffective leaders and terrible losses in battle. He was reluctant to promote Grant and risk boosting the general’s popularity; at the time Washington was abuzz with rumors that many northern senators were considering nominating Grant instead of Lincoln at the 1864 Republican National Convention. After Grant publicly dismissed the idea of running for the presidency, Lincoln submitted to Congress’ choice and agreed to give Grant the revived rank. As lieutenant general of the U.S. Army, Grant was answerable only to Lincoln. Well-respected by troops and civilians, Grant earned Lincoln’s trust and went on to force the South’s surrender in 1865.
    but heh hero story's are never really all true or black and white just a whole lot of grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The fun part. After his term as president is up, how much do you think his brand name will be worth then?

Doubly so if the Democrats take the house and investigate the hell out of him.
    Considering hotels have been trying to remove his name the last couple of years shows his brand isn't as good as it once was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    "Maybe if I am kind to Republicans, they won't try to deny my existence, make my life miserable or send me off to the conversion camps."

It's a very fucked-up kind of Stockholm Syndrome.
    you lefty's do hate that tbf.

1 year, 275 days, 7 hours. still the world hasn't ended. ww3 hasn't started. if trumps supposed to be Hitler he's slacking.
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2018-10-23 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dont care bear View Post
    What?

10char
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    What?

10char
    half finished the post before i hit reply

1 year, 275 days, 7 hours. still the world hasn't ended. ww3 hasn't started. if trumps supposed to be Hitler he's slacking.
    Didn't some of the leaks say his own people are fighting his worst influences and trying to control the information he has more to contain him? And otherwise he would have tried assassinating another leader and was actively asking why we couldn't just nuke people.

He is more like a Hitler wannabe without the intelligence and his own people forced to fight against his influences for their own sense of self-preservation.

I'm not trying to compare Trump to Hitler right now (because while he has distinct authoritarian tendencies and a whole lot of casual racism, he's a bloody idiot) but I hope you realize that Hitler didn't win the election and immediately hit the gas with the war and concentration camps...right? I believe it was 5 years before his first external military action. Concentration camps began around the time he was elected, but they did so not as we know them now but rather as places for him to put political rivals/critics and communists. And we've already seen the Trump administration try to go after political dissidents (see their aggressive actions against the inauguration protesters that ended up being a giant nothingburger).

I don't know why everyone thinks Hitler campaigned on what was ultimately his legacy (the start of another world war and attempted genocide) and instantly started carrying it out. It was a slower process that took place over the course of years leading up to the start of the war and kicking the final solution into high gear.

Deleted
    I'm not trying to compare Trump to Hitler right now (because while he has distinct authoritarian tendencies and a whole lot of casual racism, he's a bloody idiot) but I hope you realize that Hitler didn't win the election and immediately hit the gas with the war and concentration camps...right? I believe it was 5 years before his first external military action. Concentration camps began around the time he was elected, but they did so not as we know them now but rather as places for him to put political rivals/critics and communists. And we've already seen the Trump administration try to go after political dissidents (see their aggressive actions against the inauguration protesters that ended up being a giant nothingburger).

I don't know why everyone thinks Hitler campaigned on what was ultimately his legacy (the start of another world war and attempted genocide) and instantly started carrying it out. It was a slower process that took place over the course of years leading up to the start of the war and kicking the final solution into high gear.
    well you can see his campaign pledges here

The 25-point Program of the NSDAP

We demand the unification of all Germans in the Greater Germany on the basis of the people's right to self-determination.
    We demand equality of rights for the German people in respect to the other nations; abrogation of the peace treaties of Versailles and St. Germain.
    We demand land and territory (colonies) for the sustenance of our people and colonization for our surplus population.
    Only a member of the race can be a citizen. A member of the race can only be one who is of German blood, without consideration of creed. Consequently, no Jew can be a member of the race.
    Whoever has no citizenship is to be able to live in Germany only as a guest and must be under the authority of legislation for foreigners.
    The right to determine matters concerning administration and law belongs only to the citizen. Therefore, we demand that every public office, of any sort whatsoever, whether in the Reich, the county or municipality, be filled only by citizens. We combat the corrupting parliamentary economy, office-holding only according to party inclinations without consideration of character or abilities.
    We demand that the state be charged first with providing the opportunity for a livelihood and way of life for the citizens. If it is impossible to sustain the total population of the State, then the members of foreign nations (non-citizens) are to be expelled from the Reich.
    Any further immigration of non-citizens is to be prevented. We demand that all non-Germans, who have immigrated to Germany since 2 August 1914, be forced immediately to leave the Reich.
    All citizens must have equal rights and obligations.
    The first obligation of every citizen must be to productively work mentally or physically. The activity of individuals is not to counteract the interests of the universality, but must have its result within the framework of the whole for the benefit of all. Consequently, we demand:
    Abolition of unearned (work and labour) incomes. Breaking of debt (interest)-slavery.
    In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.
    We demand the nationalisation of all (previous) associated industries (trusts).
    We demand a division of profits of all heavy industries.
    We demand an expansion on a large scale of old age welfare.
    We demand the creation of a healthy middle class and its conservation, immediate communalization of the great warehouses and their being leased at low cost to small firms, the utmost consideration of all small firms in contracts with the State, county or municipality.
    We demand a land reform suitable to our needs, provision of a law for the free expropriation of land for the purposes of public utility, abolition of taxes on land and prevention of all speculation in land.
    We demand struggle without consideration against those whose activity is injurious to the general interest. Common national criminals, usurers, profiteers and so forth are to be punished with death, without consideration of confession or race.
    We demand substitution of a German common law in place of the Roman Law serving a materialistic world-order.
    The state is to be responsible for a fundamental reconstruction of our whole national education program, to enable every capable and industrious German to obtain higher education and subsequently introduction into leading positions. The plans of instruction of all educational institutions are to conform with the experiences of practical life. The comprehension of the concept of the state must be striven for by the school [Staatsbürgerkunde] as early as the beginning of understanding. We demand the education at the expense of the state of outstanding intellectually gifted children of poor parents without consideration of position or profession.
    The state is to care for the elevating national health by protecting the mother and child, by outlawing child-labor, by the encouragement of physical fitness, by means of the legal establishment of a gymnastic and sport obligation, by the utmost support of all organizations concerned with the physical instruction of the young.
    We demand abolition of the mercenary troops and formation of a national army.
    We demand legal opposition to known lies and their promulgation through the press. In order to enable the provision of a German press, we demand, that:

a. All writers and employees of the newspapers appearing in the German language be members of the race;
    b. Non-German newspapers be required to have the express permission of the state to be published. They may not be printed in the German language;
    c. Non-Germans are forbidden by law any financial interest in German publications or any influence on them and as punishment for violations the closing of such a publication as well as the immediate expulsion from the Reich of the non-German concerned. Publications which are counter to the general good are to be forbidden. We demand legal prosecution of artistic and literary forms which exert a destructive influence on our national life and the closure of organizations opposing the above made demands.

We demand freedom of religion for all religious denominations within the state so long as they do not endanger its existence or oppose the moral senses of the Germanic race. The Party as such advocates the standpoint of a positive Christianity without binding itself confessionally to any one denomination. It combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit within and around us and is convinced that a lasting recovery of our nation can only succeed from within on the framework: "The good of the community before the good of the individual".[13] ("GEMEINNUTZ GEHT VOR EIGENNUTZ" [all caps in original])[14]
    For the execution of all of this we demand the formation of a strong central power in the Reich. Unlimited authority of the central parliament over the whole Reich and its organizations in general. The forming of state and profession chambers for the execution of the laws made by the Reich within the various states of the confederation. The leaders of the Party promise, if necessary by sacrificing their own lives, to support by the execution of the points set forth above without consideration.

Yeah, nobody's saying Trump is actively engaged in genocide (well, nobody credible). What a lot of people are saying, however, is that a lot of what Trump is doing and saying is very similar to what Hitler was doing and saying in his early days, and that should be a huge red flag given that we know what such rhetoric has, historically, led to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Didn't some of the leaks say his own people are fighting his worst influences and trying to control the information he has more to contain him? And otherwise he would have tried assassinating another leader and was actively asking why we couldn't just nuke people.

He is more like a Hitler wannabe without the intelligence and his own people forced to fight against his influences for their own sense of self-preservation.
    you give him to much credit, hes hes think as two short planks but hes not evil, hes about the level of bush but gets alot more scare mongering than bush did.
    you guys had a president that could barley articulate his food order for nearly a decade i think you can survive trump, after all that why you have a republic not a democracy.

its also why i find so much of this stuff funny. its like people think if Clinton won or the democrats get power suddenly they will have there gender neutral bathrooms, less black people getting shot and some socialist fantasy. but thats not how republics work. change comes slowly from the bottom up not the top down legislation follows social change not precedes and forces it. and theres good reason for it. read plato and greek history quickly changing democracy's always end in tyranny. this is also why i find it so weird that the left seems to have given up slowly working for social change. working generation by generation playing the long game is the only way we as humans have actually had any social progress, every other way fails horribly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Yeah, nobody's saying Trump is actively engaged in genocide (well, nobody credible). What a lot of people are saying, however, is that a lot of what Trump is doing and saying is very similar to what Hitler was doing and saying in his early days, and that should be a huge red flag given that we know what such rhetoric has, historically, led to.
    Hitler was all over the political spectrum in the early day's. i mean hell he said.

We demand the nationalisation of all (previous) associated industries (trusts).
    should i there for start equating burny sanders and corbyn to Hitler ?

also
    We demand a division of profits of all heavy industries.
    We demand an expansion on a large scale of old age welfare.

also
    We demand the education at the expense of the state of outstanding intellectually gifted children of poor parents without consideration of position or profession.
    The state is to care for the elevating national health by protecting the mother and child, by outlawing child-labor, by the encouragement of physical fitness, by means of the legal establishment of a gymnastic and sport obligation, by the utmost support of all organizations concerned with the physical instruction of the young.

^nazi free schools and national health service.

my point is. trump is trump, hitler was hitler equating the two is pointless and stupid and not useful to any argument for or against trump.
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2018-10-23 at 12:47 AM.

you give him to much credit, hes hes think as two short planks but hes not evil, hes about the level of bush but gets alot more scare mongering than bush did.
    you guys had a president that could barley articulate his food order for nearly a decade i think you can survive trump, after all that why you have a republic not a democracy.

its also why i find so much of this stuff funny. its like people think if Clinton won or the democrats get power suddenly they will have there gender neutral bathrooms, less black people getting shot and some socialist fantasy. but thats not how republics work. change comes slowly from the bottom up not the top down legislation follows social change not precedes and forces it. and theres good reason for it. read plato and greek history quickly changing democracy's always end in tyranny. this is also why i find it so weird that the left seems to have given up slowly working for social change. working generation by generation playing the long game is the only way we as humans have actually had any social progress, every other way fails horribly.
    Not saying we won't survive him (Unless maybe he gets a full 8 years with Republican control in both houses). I am saying that his tendencies and what he wants matches what Hitler was in his start and he seems to take pages out of his playbook at every opportunity but without the skill to carry it out.

If it weren't for his own people fighting his worst inclinations and the courts and the public pushing back as hard as they are, he would have pushed things much further.

He actively attacks the media and lies to the public constantly trying to get the public is not trust what they see and hear and he actively has wanted to assassinate world leaders and has had to be talked back on actions that could spark war and his own people repeatedly telling him he can't do stuff he has tried to do.

I don't believe it is me giving him too much credit, the man is an idiot who has practically failed at everything in life with the exception of self promotion and is only around because he was born with a near self-sustaining critical mass of money from the start which has bailed him out repeatedly. In any rational world he would be homeless or some used car salesman at a lemon lot.

I also make no illusions of Clinton either, I hated her for how she handled the primary and even if she won, while it would still be better than Trump, it would still be a continuation of Obama which would be a continued improvement, but many issues refused to be touched.

Trump wants to be an unchallenged leader and revels in getting revenge on those who cross him and screwing others, he actually sees having the power to screw others and exercising it as strength. He also persecutes and endorses violence on those who goes against him while trying to consolidate his own power as much as possible to levels that a president should not and does not rationally have.

Why I said he was a wannabe Hitler without the intelligence to pull it off with his own people forced to fight him to keep from keeping it all coming crashing down. He is a failed businessman worth less than if he never worked who's lived his entire life off handouts according to the leaked tax returns and never faced consequences in his life due to his inheritance and trying to run this nation like one of his failed businesses.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2018-10-23 at 12:54 AM.

my point is. trump is trump, hitler was hitler equating the two is pointless and stupid and not useful to any argument for or against trump.
    So basically your point is fuck historical analysis, we'll wait until after the killing has already started and THEN try to stop it?