Poll: I am...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Are you pro life or pro choice?

I’m pro choice. A woman and or the family has every right to abort their fetus for any reason. We have too many people on this planet as it is anyways. I don’t really understand prolifers. Why would you want the save a fetus if it has issues or if the family doesn’t have enough funds to properly raise the child or the right environment?

Also prolifers if you want abortion illegalized how many mentally and physically challenged orphans will you adopt?
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2018-10-22 at 09:06 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I’m pro choice. A woman and or the family has every right to abort their fetus for any reason. We have too many people on this planet as it is anyways. I don’t really understand prolifers. Why would you want the save a fetus if it has issues or if the family doesn’t have enough funds to properly raise the child or the right environment?
    It's 2018. We're not having this conversation in developed countries anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro choice despite personally disagreeing with the act itself.

boy howdy this is going to be a hot bed of stimulating conversation.

I would never choose to get an abortion. But I would also never deny someone the choice to do so.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    boy howdy this is going to be a hot bed of stimulating conversation.
    I fully expect to hear about "eugenicists" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Trump is trying to get it illegalized soooo...
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I'm against abortion for simply the reason you don't want a child. If it has some severe defect that affects quality of life to the point they can't live a normal life without aid then I think it should be aborted.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Pro choice despite personally disagreeing with the act itself.
    I think I am the same, but I usually say it the other way. I am very against abortion, but I recognize its necessity. What I am really against is the sort of "Pro-Life" hypocrisy that wants to take away contraceptives, after school programs for low income youth, welfare for child support, and generally take away any options that pregnant women have.

If you think every baby that is conceived has to be born (Which I generally think it should, but there are caveats there), then you better have a plan to take care of those babies. Because screwing over women that have already been literally screwed over doesn't sit well with me.

Abortion should be Safe and easily accessible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Abortions should be safe, readily available, and uncommon.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro choice.

While I have a hard time saying a fetus is not a human, or drawing a line where a fetus goes from being a bundle of senseless cells to an actual human, I do not believe it is in society's best interest to make abortion illegal. Criminalizing abortions won't end abortions, it'll simply make them less safe. Furthermore, I believe, due to the evidence, that things like planned parenthood, contraception and sexual education are necessary for improving woman's reproductive health and reducing the amount of abortions being performed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    You'd think so, but the USA often has a hard time being a developed country. For evidence I grant you the entire Republican party.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pro choice, but i get extremely uncomfortable about this issue because i'm a dude, feels like i shouldn't have a say.

You should really fix that to say anti-choice.

Calling those people pro-life is an insult to people who actually care about life.

Pro-life, but I don't think overturning Roe v. Wade is the panacea my compatriots think it is. I think there should absolutely be restrictions, and I think 12 weeks is a pretty darn reasonable cut off, but overall it's a cultural problem. That people feel that they can simply engage in risky behavior and then just abort the baby is the problem. I'm not talking rape or incest, or mother's life at risk, I'm talking about people who see aborting a fetus as a simple procedure akin to removing a polyp. It should be treated more seriously, and risky behavior should be treated with greater care, and overturning Roe v. Wade won't accomplish that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both depending on the issue.

If you abort for no good reason, then you are a despicable human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Pro-life, but I don't think overturning Roe v. Wade is the panacea my compatriots think it is. I think there should absolutely be restrictions, and I think 12 weeks is a pretty darn reasonable cut off, but overall it's a cultural problem.
    That's because you aren't aware of anything on the subject, a woman can miss her period for a number of reasons that don't involve pregnancy including stress. At 12 weeks it is very much possible for them not to know they are pregnant. I am only for banning it when it no longer medically safe but your thinking is probably the way religious crazies will gut Roe V. Wade by making things like the heart beat bill and several clinical restrictions for abortions constitutional.

Deleted
    I'm pro human life. A clump of cells is not human life. A zygote being removed from someone's body is no different from a tumor being cut out; neither of those things are people.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That's because you aren't aware of anything on the subject, a woman can miss her period for a number of reasons that don't involve pregnancy including stress. At 12 weeks it is very much possible for them not to know they are pregnant. I am only for banning it when it no longer medically safe but your thinking is probably the way religious crazies will gut Roe V. Wade by making things like the heart beat bill and several clinical restrictions for abortions constitutional.
    Want to bet that it's exactly why he thinks it's a good cut off? He wants to make it as hard as humanly possible, while only keeping it technically legal on the books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Pro-life, but I don't think overturning Roe v. Wade is the panacea my compatriots think it is. I think there should absolutely be restrictions, and I think 12 weeks is a pretty darn reasonable cut off, but overall it's a cultural problem. That people feel that they can simply engage in risky behavior and then just abort the baby is the problem. I'm not talking rape or incest, or mother's life at risk, I'm talking about people who see aborting a fetus as a simple procedure akin to removing a polyp. It should be treated more seriously, and risky behavior should be treated with greater care, and overturning Roe v. Wade won't accomplish that.
    But you can't write policy that expects people to ignore human nature and be responsible.

Those policies have a history of never working. While it'd be nice if people wouldn't have sex unless they were prepared for the consequences, it's a pipe dream to expect it.
    Putin khuliyo