10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    what gave me a scare during this event was the notion that the season ends in a week, and I haven't done placements...
    Yes, I was really late to this season apparently. I only started playing it a couple weeks ago, which I knew was later in the season but I didn't think that late. I was really surprised when I saw the 'season ends soon' flag pop up on the Games selection yesterday.

I think I managed ~15 games this whole season, including my ten placements. On the plus side, I've won all of them post-placement which is nice and a small step towards getting me out of the SR hole I dug a few seasons ago. I've played very little Comp since then because placement finishes and it puts me so much lower than I used to play at and it was just discouraging. It seemed like too much work to try to climb back to where I felt I should be from the start, so I'd give up when I hit my season low and then next season I'd just place lower and lower as a result. I've placed a little better this season and then with the wins, I'm back up closer to where I feel I probably should be. I'm still a little lower than I think I'm capable of, but not so much now that I feel discouraged from playing or like I'm going to get fucked from the start for next season's placements.

I think I can buy my third golden gun when this season ends but I have absolutely no idea who to buy for. The ones I like best are for heroes I play very little of. Despite how common they are at this point, occasionally people still get excited when they see my existing ones and act like a win is in the bag and I'm like, man, you are in for a world of disappointment if you expect much from me. Maybe I should just hoard them in case they introduce new rewards but I feel like it's more likely they'll add a new currency if they ever add new rewards.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m also kind of out of ‘main heroes’ to buy the golden weapon for. Have Widowmaker, Sombra, D.Va, Orisa, Pharah, Mercy, and Ana’s. In terms of niceness I feel like Brigitte, Winston or Tracer, but in terms of actually using them should maybe go Zen, Moira or 76, or maybe Hammond. I feel like Zarya represents good size value to, even though I’m bad with her and never play her.

Given my shitty luck with boxes this event too, I’m wondering if to just buy Banshee or Bride. Usually I’d just buy Bride as I do all Sombra things for completeness, but I’m playing a lot of Moira and doing pretty well and that skin is awesome. I may even end up getting a Blizzcon ticket, will have to see what I get for other games though, I’ve not seen a Murky for this year...

Oh I also made level 4 endorsement today. So that’s a thing, despite my potty mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    I fell in love with the game a couple of years ago but the amount of hybrid classes introduced lately seems overwhelming and ruins the fun. Literally the same element that ruined WoW PvP back in the day. Then again certain DPS-classes have way too "easy & guaranteed kills" with their ultis such as Genji, Junk & Dfist.

• Doomfist damage completely out of control for the amount of movement and defense he has
    • Brigitte damage insane for the utility she has with stuns, knockbacks, shield, movement and healing
    • Moira burst DPS in another league compared to the original healers, whilst still outhealing them. Her aim-locking beam also WTF?

On the other hand things like Ana's lack of movement with zero defensive abilities sucks the fun out of the games. From a casual player's PoV my gameplay has very little impact on team performance with a tank or a healer. I main Rein, Lucio & Ana. I rarely get any appreciation and I'm forced off DPS with the amount of plain stubborn "insta lock DPS" -players that have a major impact in low ELO games. Also the geographical fact there are a billion Russians in our games makes communication occasionally a huge problem.
    This seems to be the mantra with newer Blizzard games. Fun for a year, then power creep sets in hard and makes the game generally less enjoyable. It's why I haven't played HS in years, and why I quit competitive OW 2 seasons ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I’m also kind of out of ‘main heroes’ to buy the golden weapon for. Have Widowmaker, Sombra, D.Va, Orisa, Pharah, Mercy, and Ana’s. In terms of niceness I feel like Brigitte, Winston or Tracer, but in terms of actually using them should maybe go Zen, Moira or 76, or maybe Hammond. I feel like Zarya represents good size value to, even though I’m bad with her and never play her.
    I'm playing Zen a lot lately but he's so situational as a healer due to his low output, and it's rare to have a group coordinated enough to get full benefit from discord.

My other thought is Reaper, since he's one of my go-to DPS if I have to play DPS but I'm pretty mediocre at him and almost never play him in comp so it seems like selling myself as something I'm not.

Given my shitty luck with boxes this event too, I’m wondering if to just buy Banshee or Bride. Usually I’d just buy Bride as I do all Sombra things for completeness, but I’m playing a lot of Moira and doing pretty well and that skin is awesome.
    Maybe this is old news but I actually noticed this holiday that if you hit "buy all" you get everything at a very reduced price than if you bought all the pieces individually. JUST A PSA IN CASE OTHER PEOPLE ARE SLOW LIKE ME.

edit: or maybe not, unless it's just holidays or i originally misread. looking at the hero base stuff themselves it isn't reduced, so I am wrong somewhere

(and yeah Banshee is a great skin)
    Last edited by Tziva; 2018-10-21 at 10:32 PM.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Oh I also made level 4 endorsement today. So that’s a thing, despite my potty mouth.
    I keep ping-ponging between 3 and 4 because toxic people enjoy mocking others with endorsements.

In other news: people still seem to think Attack Torb is a good idea. Never change QP.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    I keep ping-ponging between 3 and 4 because toxic people enjoy mocking others with endorsements.
    Mocking people with endorsements? Seriously? That's the most counter-productive thing I've heard, "mocking" someone by giving them benefits.

I mean if people want to mock me by contributing to my free loot boxes, go right ahead, I don't mind at all, keep 'em coming.

Mocking people with endorsements? Seriously? That's the most counter-productive thing I've heard, "mocking" someone by giving them benefits.

I mean if people want to mock me by contributing to my free loot boxes, go right ahead, I don't mind at all, keep 'em coming.
    I've stopped opening lootboxes since I've started getting the free endorsement ones. Sadly Blizz doesn't seem to have the option to remove them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I've stopped playing it after they released Ana, been doing a couple of games now... the amount I spend CC'd in every match is ridiculous.
    Get better position ffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh thank you! That magically changed my entire life ~
    I am serious. Cause i am not CC'd every single match, unless.... I am out of position. So stop blaming the game and maybe your ability to play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played a couple games on my lunch break... I don't know whether it is an example of the caustic side of the community or a reaction to it, but after my team won a teamfight and capped the point -- despite the fact I was an idiot and died right at the start of it (as support) -- I said "good job everyone who isn't me" I was told to "STFU" and "get over myself." Did they think I was being sarcastic? Were they just dicks?

The world will never know.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Why is Genji so predominant in my games lately? Literally haven’t seen anyone play him well in multiple seasons and he’s on my team every game out of the last 8 I’ve played. Last one was so terrible, Lear’s the charge down the straight line and he dies to Widow. Gets Rez by Mercy, goes down the payload line and gets killed by McCree. Comes out of spawn, goes straight down the line again and gets picked again by Widow. Kind of laughable.
    Also, random DCs loading into a game are back again apparently. Lost roughly 100 SR and now on a 2 hour ban from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Played a couple games on my lunch break... I don't know whether it is an example of the caustic side of the community or a reaction to it, but after my team won a teamfight and capped the point -- despite the fact I was an idiot and died right at the start of it (as support) -- I said "good job everyone who isn't me" I was told to "STFU" and "get over myself." Did they think I was being sarcastic? Were they just dicks?

The world will never know.
    It really sounds like they thought you were mocking them and making a point how you were the only good player on the team. Most people probably wouldn't expect genuine compliments where you put yourself down on the same go, because publicly admitting it was you who did bad rather than blame someone else for it is rare as hen's teeth. But then again people can be dicks over the most bizarre things so hard to be sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really sounds like they thought you were mocking them and making a point how you were the only good player on the team. Most people probably wouldn't expect genuine compliments where you put yourself down on the same go, because publicly admitting it was you who did bad rather than blame someone else for it is rare as hen's teeth. But then again people can be dicks over the most bizarre things so hard to be sure.
    I guess maybe but I think even the most self absorbed player probably wouldn't have given themselves credit for a teamfight win when they did something dumb, got picked off, and weren't even present for the cap. But then again, I'm assuming they have the game awareness to notice that happened. Although I'd think it would be pretty obvious I was dead in base at the time I typed it.

Oh well. But yeah, wouldn't surprise me if the proliferation of assholes made everyone defensive and assume even people not trying to be jerks are jerks.

| twitch | bsky
    |

This fucking game... 4 gold medals and silver in damage. Get a card for healing done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just arcades tonight, got a couple of lootboxes, got Bride! So I've bought Banshee now, hopefully those last two, 76 and Hammond, drop before the end of the event.

Couple of DM matches I just couldn't play anything I'd usually play, no idea what's up, probably just tired... ended up going 76 and rolled a first and second place.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I’m fairly consistently getting 30%+ healing cards on Moira.

Why do I never see other Moira players get this, and why do people pretend she’s not a main healer?

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried playing Moira on attack Hanamura once. The enemy team had shields, and idk if it's not supposed to recharge healing if I'm hitting them. Spent most of the game waiting for healing to recharge and felt useless. Swapped to mercy (HATE playing that hero) and BAM, 3 people on my team said "NO MERCY" and left. GG. I really wish I had the aim to get some use out of Ana or Zenyatta. I really like them, but aim is a SERIOUS problem for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just had an epic phone conversation with a friend.

- Wanne play Overwatch tonite?
    * No, I cant
    - Why?
    * It's my 4y anniversary with my wife
    - Well its the 6y anniversary of you playing Overwatch so fuck you

Guess I'm gurmpy tonite, wanted a full 6man team :/
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I’m fairly consistently getting 30%+ healing cards on Moira.

Why do I never see other Moira players get this, and why do people pretend she’s not a main healer?
    She's the highest burst healer in the game by a good margin. Her orb + stream together can top an entire team off in a short time, especially if you're in a tight space where you can get that orb bounce. No other healer can do that except maybe a perfect Ana grenade?

My biggest problem on her is engagement from the teams. I've had a lot of games where I'm out of heal juice because my team is eating a lot of damage while the enemy team is just poking (or we're poking at them) so I don't get enough opportunities to help recharge in comparison to how much I need to heal. Her natural recharge is insanely slow - about 42 seconds to refill her bar naturally verses eight seconds with damage beam. It's especially difficult if you have high health tanks who are doing a lot of the damage soaking but need a lot of heals to top off. Obviously you don't want that scenario to occur for a variety of reasons but, you know, randoms don't always have the best coordination or decision making so it happens, sometimes a lot.

The downside of so many people playing Moira as a DPS is that it has caused the community to swing so anti-DPS to the point where you can get yelled at for needing to use your damage beam to recharge or teammates genuinely not knowing her healing isn't infinite. I've been scolded for it more than once and if anything in my playstyle is shitty, it's probably that I don't maximise DPS on her enough.

She's also difficult to pull high numbers on if you have a lot of flankers and/or everyone is really spread out, but I guess Ana is really the only one that can excel in that scenario. This probably doesn't happen a lot at better player levels but down in the basement it's not uncommon for matches to basically be six 1v1 fights rather than one 6v6 because both teams are just six players going rogue.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Unrelated but does rep decay?

I don't give a shit about my rep level since it doesn't really do anything but basically every day I log in and I'm a level below what I was the day before, I play a couple games and get it back and get the CONGRATS YOU LEVELED UP banner again, and then repeat the whole thing all over again the next day.

Obviously I'm on the cusp on that level but I didn't think it decayed and even if it does, should it really be that fast that overnight drops me? If it was one time I'd call it a fluke but it's been the last three or four days in a row.

I don't really care about the number, but I do find it odd.

| twitch | bsky
    |